[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

2 hours ago, maria_m2me said:

(2) When JET and KS first meeting at street, in slow motion, doesn't KS can see future with JET eventhough that's only short? I think there's about Quebec with JET too. In their 2nd meeting, KS can see JET future for 20, 30, 40. KS choose those ages, and as GR said last episodes 10 is perfect number. But suddenly he can see 29 y.o JET? What is the trigger??? And why it is 29?

Some posted that actually Goblin saw the future from the waiter's perspective and i think i agree with their theory

• Like 15

8 minutes ago, vivvianne22 said:

[나 도깨비 신부 지은탁 갑, 아저씨 도깨비는 을로 칭한다]

1. 을은 갑의 효용가치가 없어지더라도 효용가치가 없다는 말을 하지 않는다.
갑은 여리다.

1. 을은 갑의 효용가치가 없어지더라도 쫓아내지 않고 같이 산다.
갑은 사고무탁이다.

1. 을은 갑의 남친이 생길때까지 남친이 되어 준다.
갑은 심쿵을 지향한다.

1. 을은 갑의 등잔이 돼주기로 한 것을 나 물라라 하지 않는다.
갑이 자연사 할때까지.

1. 을은 갑에게 오면 온단 소린 안 해도 가면 간다 소리는 해준다.
갑이 기다리지 않게.

1. 을은 매년 첫 눈 오는 날에 갑의 소환에 응한다.
갑이 기다릴 것이기 때문이다.

서약인 김신 (서명)

I'm trying to interpret this (not 100% accurate as my korean is very limited)

[I'm Goblin Bride Ji Euntak as the buyer, Goblin ahjussi as the seller]

(I'm going to change the word buyes to Goblin Bride and the word seller to Goblin to make it easier)

1. Even Goblin Bride lost her value to Goblin, it doesn't mean there's no value at all.

The Goblin Bride('s feeling) is fragile.

1. Even Goblin Bride lost her value to Goblin, Goblin won't evict Goblin Bride and will live together.

As it's already happen to the Goblin Bride. (re: living together)

1. Goblin will be Goblin Bride's boyfriend until Goblin Bride find a boyfriend.

Goblin Bride's heart is mattered.

1. Goblin will become the light of the Goblin Bride, and can't act like he do not know anything.

Until Goblin Bride become normal.

1. Goblin does not need to tell Goblin Bride when he came home but need to tell when he is going to go.

Goblin Bride will not wait.

1. Goblin will respond to Goblin Bride's summon on the day of the first snow every year

Goblin Bride will be waiting.

Signed Kim Shin (Signature)

LOL, and we need to rip the sound of Gongyoo saying "tree" too guys. His accent is so sexy <3 <3

I follow in ig and fb so suprised they have sound of GY playstore..

Now I waiting for the tree..He speaking english too good..better than me actually.I need to learn speaking from goblin..Goblin can you make english class to us?:w00t:

300 pages already...

congratulations to immortal

to goblin wife

tata everyone...Need to sleep dreaming GY..:wub:

• Like 22

hey fellow fans! i have just been so fascinated by the ending of ep6 where eun tak could not remove the sword that i've been thinking of some theories to explain it.. tracing it back to what was mentioned in episode 1. sharing my thoughts here with all of you: https://kdramaanalysis.wordpress.com/2016/12/18/the-lonely-and-shining-goblin-possible-theories-about-the-goblins-wife/

• Like 12

Can I just say...THIS IS THE DRAMA I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR ALL YEAR!!! I usually watch dramas for the male leads...(even at my age, I'm still boy crazy! Haha!).....but finally, FINALLY!!!....we get a heroine who is realistic, smart, and takes action. She is sweet, compassionate, and has an upbeat personality...but she's also not a pushover. She's not pulling out that sword for "free" and I love that she has conditions for the Goblin. The boyfriend confession scene in episode 5 when she is arguing with him is so funny! 900+ year old goblin with super powers and she isn't scared of him one bit. 

I'm so happy that we get a complex male character like Goblin and we have an equally complex female character who just baffles him. 

Easily the best drama of 2016..and its only on episode 6!!! It'll still be running episodes in 2017 and I'm sure it'll be my favorite drama in 2017 as well!

• Like 23

By the way guys, based on preview of episode 7, I have a feeling, is that our 939 years old (oops sorry, its 938 lol) Goblin's first time watching a movie in a movie theater? Lol. Gongyoo is so epic. And I always end up laughing when reading you guys post when you called Grim Reaper with his "name" Kim Woobin, lol, you guys are hilarious! Kim Shin & Kim Woobin for lyfe yo!! Lol.

• Like 20

Just a thought here - maybe ET can't grab the sword because she is not fully aware of the consequences. KS has not been honest with her in what pulling the sword means so it's as if KS has not really given ET the chance to choose for herself whether to pull the sword out or not whilst fully knowing what it means.

Another theory might be that ET couldn't pull out the sword because KS still has some unfinished business. When he told his servant to burn the picture of the queen, he said he hadn't found the people he feels he owes a debt to. 

There is definitely depth to this drama and part of the reason why I am so hooked on Goblin is because you just never know how things are going to play out. I love that at the center of it all is certainly a serious, melancholy tone that reminds us that KS became a Goblin as a punishment and meeting his bride would be both painful and joyful for him. But the drama surrounds it with lots of moments of cuteness, hilarious bromance, and innocence that just plays with our emotions so wonderfully well. I must say this is the first drama I've watched where I am honestly rooting for all parties involved to have a happy ending.

• Like 20

4 hours ago, Vincent Polo said:

Hi friends!

I've noticed that in episode 1 the reason why eun tak met Kim shin was because she summoned him in her 19th birthday, so with this in the latest ep 6 she said that within 2 months she will be 20 yrs old. Does that mean she and kim shin had been together almost a year. hahaha that's quite long already☺☺☺

10 hours ago, itzibitzispider said:

Don't know if someone else already said it:

In Korea the new year, the way they say their birthday, beginns in January ... so even if they were born in September they count the next year already in January
So for example (feel like crying) ... I will turn 40 in February ... in Europe I am still 39 in January and half of February, but in Korea I am considered 40 by the 1.1.

bing insane ... quoting myself :D

HAPPY 300

• Like 9

On 12/15/2016 at 5:28 PM, kismet22 said:

@packmule3 thank you for taking the time to write such informative posts.  You have a lot of insight and I agree with your views on Sunny being the King as well as your comments on ET's maturity and the ying/yang relationship of our lead couple.  To add just a bit to the Sunny being the King, I was reminded of her arrogance and confidence as she dealt with ET's Aunt.  She was easily dispatched.  Thanks for your great comments.  I'm also 'old' but  you know what they say about age...."once you get over the hill, you pick up speed'

BTW, thanks for pointing out the calvin's and a wash...at some point maybe our Goblin should consider "commando" style....

Hi @kismet22,

I’m sorry I didn’t respond to your message sooner.  I usually try to answer everybody in order so you won’t think I’m only selecting certain posters and snubbing others, but I had to put some method to my madness. :tears:

I’m glad you agree that it’s possible that Sunny is the King, too.  Not a lot of people will share this view, but that’s okay. As long as a dissenting minority opinion is allowed to be given voice in an open forum, I don’t mind one way or another how the scriptwriter will use their secret identities to advance her plot. It’s her story; her prerogative. But that’s also the hidden beauty of watching the story unfold on our laptop, isn’t it? If we don’t like the direction of the drama, we can always go take a hike. 

But I do need to be fair and open-minded because the plot is evolving. I went over their scenes again to look for points that I might have missed. While I previously gave 6 points to Team Reaper-is-Queen, I’m giving Team Sunny-is-Queen two points, and adding three more points to Team Reaper. My memory retrieval isn’t as good as before so I need to keep a scoreboard to help me remember.  @phikylremember my fascination with scoreboards? 

Team Sunny-is-Queen. 

1. She's female. Although as people pointed out, the Reaper pointed out himself gender shouldn't be presumed as static in reincarnations. 

2. The lapel pin. The Reaper wears a lapel pin on his black suit uniform.  It’s the chess symbol for the King. ♔ (I tried to insert the unicode here. Hope you can see it.) It’s possible that the costume director pinned the King’s crown on the Reaper’s suit to signal that he IS the king. It’s like ET’s name tag for the chicken store. If he’s the King then Sunny is the Queen. However, there’s a counter-argument. 

Team Reaper-is-Queen.

...7. The lapel pin. It’s also possible that the costume director pinned the King’s crown NOT to designate the identity of the king but to show the wearer’s ALLEGIANCE to the king. For instance, American politicians wear a flag pin, not because they’re flag-bearers, but to show patriotism (whether or not it’s real is debatable, however....) Military personnel wear a lapel pin to show their branch of affiliation. And the British wear a poppy on Remembrance Day to remember the veterans and those soldiers who died in WWI. So, the king's crown lapel pin will indicate that the Reaper is NOT the king. (Confusing, no?)

8. His last name is the same as Shin’s. KIM. When he signed off on the Reapers' paperwork, he wrote "Kim" according to the kdrama sub. It’s possible that this is a generic name for all reapers. But it’s also likely that it’s some sort of cosmic joke from the kdrama gods. Like a twisted “I’m really your long-lost sibling” trope. Also, when he introduced himself as Kim Woo Bin to Sunny. 

9. The frown. At 15:14 min in Episode 6, there was a montage of the memories of Shin. I heard that people were wondering why that particular image of Sunny was chosen. :phew: The look on the King’s face as he was glaring down at Shin the warrior on bended knees was matched with Sunny’s look as she was staring down at the Reaper’s bent head. Did you see that, too?

Anyway, I'll keep on looking for hints for either one and perhaps @phikyl can keep score. 

As for our Goblin going commando style…hahahaha. Although we can certainly indulge in crazy fantasies, I’ve heard it said that going commando can be rough on those crown jewels unless you're wearing silk or cotton. Something about the seams getting in the way. Tight jeans especially can chafe the sensitive skin.

And those suit pants made of wool? Forget about those! He’ll need to send those out for dry-cleaning after just one wearing or wear stinky pants the next time. When I consider all the logistics, I think it’s actually more trouble to go commando than not.  

But don’t you just love how house-trained the Reaper is? The only problem with him is he's a vegetarian, and most girls I know are like ET, they're carnivores. 

• Like 21