[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

@LyraYoo Here are links to the translations that people are asking for, to make your work a little easier. :)

Mass is proportional to volume poem & other quotes: 

Goblin's contract with his bride: 

Voiceover when Goblin is watching Eun Tak walk towards him: 

If I see any others being asked for, I'll hunt those down too. 

18 hours ago, alleram95 said:

Sorry for the late reply, I think Eddy's Kim song is the one that we hear in the cafe as BGM while GR and Sunny met. I only noticed the part where he sang 'Pretty, Pretty, because you are pretty' (when GR stared at Sunny after she laughed)

Sam Kim song is played near the end of ep 5, when KS got a glimpse of ET's future (?) when they ate in Quebec and slowly imagining that his presence in ET's life was erased. Part of the lyrics that I heard 'Where I am? Who I am? This loneliness is like in the prison. Lot of people have passed. In this place, many people are passing trough me. Oh, Where I am? Who are you?'

I didn't recognize MAMAOO's voice yet. Do you know at what scene the OST that they sang played at?

@alleram95 sorry for late reply as well. I'm slow in this fast thread heh. I've also notices Eddy Kim's song and not only in caffee when GR and Sunny met, but later, when GR is trying to record her phone number in cell phone (have recognized Korean word "pretty" like you've said). And now it's have been playing in preview for ep7. As to Mamamoo's song, it has been playing at episode 5, when JET was studying at our immortals' house and guys have been sending her food to her room (0:46:00 approximately).

• Like 6

i knew i am late to write this but writernim i am very dissappointed with ep 6..there are so many flashback..i knew its because of live shooting bet i'll bet the rest of you have something in mind to avoid too many flashback..its so lame..anyway this drama is awesome.. i love it very much..wish u all best of luck..goblin fighting!!!!!!

kim go eun..saranghye

lee dong wook..you are awesome

gong yoo..you are the best

yoo in ha..gain some weigh..you a so thin..not like before..your are the sexiest actress in k drama land 

• Like 5

Full steam ahead! So far, no warring factions in here yay! Wooh Great analyses :) Fortunately, I don't have to write anything much as that's been covered by our resident Kdrama forum detectives. I'm more into music and cheap fashion these days lol

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, phikyl said:

Here you go @packmule3: A scoreboard just for you, complete with bullet points!

As long as I'm tagged, I'll keep it up to date as best I can [and try not to get behind like I did with the last one. :vicx:]

I've been contemplating the significance of the lapel pin for a while and I wonder; have we seen anything similar on Sunny? There's the ring that she wears that is the same as the ring the Queen wears. I have added this to the Sunny-is-Queen bullet points. 

There have been some scenes that reinforce my belief that Sunny is the King too such as when the Goblin is having one of his flashbacks in ep 6. 

Hide contents

We see a shot of the Joseon King which cuts to a shot of the Grim Reaper and Sunny out on their coffee date. Instead of the camera focusing on Grim Reaper, it focuses on Sunny's face just as it had previously focused on the face of the King. Why bring the focus to Sunny right after focusing on the Joseon King if she is not the present day reincarnation of said King?

Edit: Got caught up in the scoreboard and skimmed the fact that you had already touched on the flashback. Oh well. It's important enough to mention twice!

do you want to consider the fact that in promotional material, queen has already been called out to be goblin's sister.. and kin the grim reaper.. although wud have been so much fun if it were other way round

• Like 5

Morning y'all... Have a good weekend i hope. Well because of the lack of network last weekend, here i am, late in commenting.. LOL

What's wrong with those two?? I can't stop laughing even when i just imagine the scene about smartphone DH gave them *ROFL* Funniest scene ever!! 

And for latest episode, i knew it! ET won't be able to pull out the sword, because i believe there's another catch, there's more to the story. I think KS must be willing to die and only then ET can pull the sword out. Hahahha and KS face when ET can't pull the sword, HILARIOUS!!

Ahh i wish next week come soon.. 

Have a good day roomies :D

• Like 12

13 hours ago, vivvianne22 said:

[나 도깨비 신부 지은탁 갑, 아저씨 도깨비는 을로 칭한다]

1. 을은 갑의 효용가치가 없어지더라도 효용가치가 없다는 말을 하지 않는다.
갑은 여리다.

1. 을은 갑의 효용가치가 없어지더라도 쫓아내지 않고 같이 산다.
갑은 사고무탁이다.

1. 을은 갑의 남친이 생길때까지 남친이 되어 준다.
갑은 심쿵을 지향한다.

1. 을은 갑의 등잔이 돼주기로 한 것을 나 물라라 하지 않는다.
갑이 자연사 할때까지.

1. 을은 갑에게 오면 온단 소린 안 해도 가면 간다 소리는 해준다.
갑이 기다리지 않게.

1. 을은 매년 첫 눈 오는 날에 갑의 소환에 응한다.
갑이 기다릴 것이기 때문이다.

서약인 김신 (서명)

I'm trying to interpret this (not 100% accurate as my korean is very limited)

[I'm Goblin Bride Ji Euntak as the buyer, Goblin ahjussi as the seller]

(I'm going to change the word buyes to Goblin Bride and the word seller to Goblin to make it easier)

1. Even Goblin Bride lost her value to Goblin, it doesn't mean there's no value at all.

The Goblin Bride('s feeling) is fragile.

1. Even Goblin Bride lost her value to Goblin, Goblin won't evict Goblin Bride and will live together.

As it's already happen to the Goblin Bride. (re: living together)

1. Goblin will be Goblin Bride's boyfriend until Goblin Bride find a boyfriend.

Goblin Bride's heart is mattered.

1. Goblin will become the light of the Goblin Bride, and can't act like he do not know anything.

Until Goblin Bride become normal.

1. Goblin does not need to tell Goblin Bride when he came home but need to tell when he is going to go.

Goblin Bride will not wait.

1. Goblin will respond to Goblin Bride's summon on the day of the first snow every year

Goblin Bride will be waiting.

Signed Kim Shin (Signature)

LOL, and we need to rip the sound of Gongyoo saying "tree" too guys. His accent is so sexy <3 <3

WOW.

I told you, ET's is super smart! Even her conditions given to KS are so thought through. lol. Love the boyfriend part though. It's like as if ET is reminding KS that he is the one who offered to be her boyfriend first. 

As always thank you for sharing this post @vivvianne22 ! :blush:

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

do you want to consider the fact that in promotional material, queen has already been called out to be goblin's sister.. and kin the grim reaper.. although wud have been so much fun if it were other way round

I do not watch promo material as it skews my view on the drama itself so personally I would say it shouldn't count until it's been shown in the actual drama. Promo materials are often purposefully misleading to hook viewers and that could be the case here too. 

Half the fun is trying to figure things out before it's spelled out for me in neon. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong; it's not a big deal. ./shrug. 

On 12/12/2016 at 11:49 AM, hillarydl said:

II am so looking forward for Sunny to have her first customer hahahaah 

How am i going to deal with wait for 6 days for another epi.. ughh

Sighhh another week to wait...  why did i start watching on ongoing drama...

but hey... Sunny has customers!!!!  and she didnt make a big deal of it in the drama... lol 

• Like 8

13 hours ago, rrmski said:

I just wanted to say that this drama is beautiful, absolutely beautiful! There's so much depth to the story and I feel all kinds of emotions while I watch it. Sometimes I'm happy and laughing, at other times I'm sad and teary. The last time I was addicted with a drama was two years ago, in Healer. What more can I add? I fell in love with the story, the cast and their chemistry, the music, the breathtaking cinematography and especially the Gong Yoo. His character portrayal as lonely and sad goblin is so touching! I truly hope for a happy ending for the couple.

I have a theory as to why Eun Tak wasn't able to pull out the sword. I believe they both have to realize their feelings and admit to it. Also, I think the Goblin has to resolve his issues and he has forgive others but mostly himself in order to move on. Eun Tak, on the other hand, has to understand the gravity of the sword and the deep meaning behind it.

It's really getting better and better. I can't wait for more episodes.

@rrmski hi there, similar to your thoughts. i also felt that "Love" must be the hand that the Bride use to draw the Excalibur (the sword that pierced his heart). while we know ET does felt attached to Goblin, in her "Drawn Sword contract", and back at scene where Goblin handed her the 3 gifts. both has not laid on the table bare their feelings towards each. While KS realised he has fallen deep and helplessly for her, knowing the depth he has fallen, its a 900 yrs untouched/unclaimed hole he dug, and he plunged into it for her, but he will never be opened to her, for her sake, by end of the Poem "its my First Love", that's no way he do NOT recognise he has fallen for his bride which he searched 900+ years without any emotional attachment..
Its ET that i worried she does not know the depth of her own feels. she actually has fallen way earlier than KS. but both has suppressed their feels, because of the ambiguity of KS's revelation, and repeated denial, the queer 'marriage contract (which more exist like a business contract, than an affectionate bondage". She felt herself moved, stirred, missing him,... but yet opened to future possibilities of 'finding a boy friend'... which allowed me to think that while deep within her heart it has his presence, but she has not recognise it can only be occupied by him alone forever. Till this happen, when Both acknowledge each other are their "One and Only One True Love". even a kiss will not has any magical power. Disney princess story can demonstrate this well. Enchanted (Amy Adam's 2007 movie) demonstrate that, unless it is a kiss by a "One_True_Love", its has no power whatsoever.

by ep7 previews, we can tell that that kiss does not work., which does not mean she is NOT THE BRIDE, its just that both has not embraced her "importance" and the gravity of that status "Bride". maybe something like being a bride that can die for your LOVE, without such 'mountain-moving / sea-parting / rainbows-apppearing' love, she and he has NOT 'claimed' her "role" as a Bride. i guess its something like that. as someone here mentioned before, why must she be a 'bride'? not just Someone worthy to draw the Excalibur of his heart? because all 900+ years, he himself only associated the bride as someone who is just a role in bringing forth his much wasted life, which he should have felt, why don't he just died at the buckwheat field? why take so much troubles to live again, only to start looking for the One Person that can end his pathetic life (its not even life, that he merely breathe daily, without any molitvation, and joy in living.). his daily living should be summed up by that scene when he witnessed ET's mom lying in pool of blood, him drinking his beer in the dark lonely night, brooding in emptiness. the Person of a "Bride" can be viewed as just a Door for him to pass on, its has never take on sentimental value. till "Bride" become "Bride" in deeper meaning, recognised by both, ET can't draw the sword.
But till then, that was the most cruel thing and 'wrath' he can ever feel. it is utterly cruel, just to think when finally "Bride" become a real "bride" acknowledge by both, then she must carry out that wrath. how cruel.

• Like 17

53 minutes ago, CapriGirl13 said:

Morning y'all... Have a good weekend i hope. Well because of the lack of network last weekend, here i am, late in commenting.. LOL

What's wrong with those two?? I can't stop laughing even when i just imagine the scene about smartphone DH gave them *ROFL* Funniest scene ever!! 

And for latest episode, i knew it! ET won't be able to pull out the sword, because i believe there's another catch, there's more to the story. I think KS must be willing to die and only then ET can pull the sword out. Hahahha and KS face when ET can't pull the sword, HILARIOUS!!

Ahh i wish next week come soon.. 

Have a good day roomies :D

@CapriGirl13 liked what you mentioned about willing to die... KS has already willing to die, to end that pathetic life since 900+ years ago. liked what i stated in a post above mins ago, i think the identity of the "bride' is more than just a term, it involved 'LOVE' in itself, as in "Love of a ONE_TRUE_LOVE'. just like at another story 49 days, where the heroine must collect 3 drops of tears from 3 persons who loved her and teared for her... Love till willingness to die for your love one, without such, even ET cannot draw the Excalibur to his Heart. i think instead of KS must be willing to die, i guess it is ET that must be "willing to die for KS'! 

i am glad next ep we shall face what will be bitting them in the long run, if they were to go serious in their relationship. being that, ET in her Uni life, or early working life, will face some suitors, some super oppa, eg Star-basket ball player... if this hurdle does not clear, both will always has fear that whatever she felt now for him, is unchallenged, and she will waver when temptation come later in life, in form of super-oppas that keep popping up. i am never doubting true love between two, even if the guy is like 10 or 15 years older than the girl. i has seen real life examples around me, of seniors-marriage having hubby's age gap of 15 years, and both loved each other till this date. (i even seen wives being more senior than hubby by 10 yrs even). But i loved that the show handle this early, to allow ET herself, to address her own feels, whether is KS truly uniquely important to her, that she will not be moved by any oppas now or future.

@heroonthebeach hi, excited to meet u here.:wub: believed your blog should be graced by goblin. which character are you besotted in? this is a unique dramas, that has few ship sailing, KS/ET, or WS/Sunny or the bromance KS/WS. and all 3 ships can sail side by side harmoniously. nice.

• Like 11