[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

1 hour ago, kismet22 said:

I don't think that GR will erase her memories....why?

FYI, GR/WY is no longer a Grim Reaper (role), he was stripped of the "job" (Ep 13).

So he is back as WY.  Walking around without his hat with him, since the interrogation/confession session with the Internal Audit team.

Still banking on a miracle from "Wind Blow" boy, whose grandma is RL.

Whilst watching the "Special" episode, a thot came to me that maybe "Wind Blow" boy is like our Goblin Bride . . . there is a purpose to his mystical "wind blow" 

Looking forward to watching Secy Kim's TT dance.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 122am said:

OK, I will like to contribute about why KS did not teleport. 

After leaving ET on rooftop, he open roof door to go to Eunuch. He has to 'feel' where Eunuch is to find Eunuch's exact location. 

Eunuch's location may or may not have a door. From what I notice, KS can only teleport by opening and closing doors. That's why he built a door-gate at buckwheat field using tree logs.

So, after fixing Eunuch, he guessed that Eunuch will teleport to ET, which Eunuch can because he's a ghost-demon. 

ET has to immediately summon KS using fire, so that he can appear just like that. If not, KS has to find a door.

And, that's why they film Eunuch at tank or truck carpark. Because open-air carparks do not have doors.

If this is the logic that the production team follows... they have to think a lot for each scene! And lots of pre-production planning. Really kudos to the team.

I thought this too...but in episode 1, when Eun Tak said she was Tinker bell...didn't he roll his eyes and disappear? 

I can't double check right now but please correct me if I'm wrong....

*edit* just thought of another scene: KS fight with the trouble makers/gangsters at the soju bar tent....he "disappeared" right in front of them and teleported outside? 

Again...can't double check right now because I'm supposed to be "working" =D

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, tiki_sg said:

FYI, GR/WY is no longer a Grim Reaper (role), he was stripped of the "job" (Ep 13).

So he is back as WY.  Walking around without his hat with him, since the interrogation/confession session with the Internal Audit team.

No he is still a grim reaper. Else his ''words'' to the devil wouldn't work, thanks to him the devil left Euntak's body. 

• Like 12

18 minutes ago, tiki_sg said:

Still banking on a miracle from "Wind Blow" boy, whose grandma is RL.

Whilst watching the "Special" episode, a thot came to me that maybe "Wind Blow" boy is like our Goblin Bride . . . there is a purpose to his mystical "wind blow" 

Looking forward to watching Secy Kim's TT dance.

No I thought he was on a probation period, because he misused his power, now he's supposed to repent for another hundred years probably.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, nearsea said:

Hahah, well, you can already see my misfortunate state here. Don't mind my rant, of course I am in :tongue: .

He he he! Yay!

:wink:

@tiki_sg - Yes, GR is on probation. Once his cute GR friend filed the Eunuch's file, he could, through his status, summon it and "control" it, like @gamshe said, because of his GR's status.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

Well, that is just unfair: wanting to change someone's face to match an actor. I would agree with you on that one for sure! But kissing is different, isn't it? I mean it is a skill, something that you can improve. All @hairuchii and I noticed was the way he kissed, the way his lips move, his back hunches... It's a simple appraciation of his on-screen skills :wink: It is true that the fact that Gong Yoo was the one doing it well improved the whole experience but it is above all a matter of how and not who.

Totally agree, its not about visual but how charismatic and skillful the person is ! like you can see these days many many kiss scenes in Kdramas and not those old fashion kind of surprised kisses, but among all I would choose Gong Yoo and Eric moon both are damn great in delivering those scenes and I do not find it anything apart of being artistic ! things would be more wonderful if their female leads ( like Yoon Eun Hye for GY and Seohyun jin for Eric)  are good too and the situation of that scene permits it,, 

• Like 6

Wang Yoo believed no one had loved him "Why?

GR was surprised that Sunny find him cute "Why?

Wang Yoo had been punished enough for 900 years and he made up for KS and ET and helped them many times maybe he need to believe he is lovable and deserve to be forgiven and seek for forgiveness 

WangSun's love is different , they have been a husband and a wife for a short period .through these short period each one develop a strong affection toward the other but never properly reveal their love to each other .and we can see hoe Kim Sun loved him to the extent she sacrifice her life to protect him and Wang Yoo loved Kim Sun and kill himself out of guilt for killing the queen

Back to Sunny and GR , you can see the same they met for short time and never had a proper date but both loved each other again, and Sunny was ready to meet him again even after she found out about him being Grim Reaper .. our amnesic, innocent grim reaper still love the same woman , the only woman who can make him cry for 900 years.and Sunny with her look and strong personality still fall for the awkward weird man who can not say what his name is .

This kind of love is fated and destined and can't have a sad ending , this kind of love is meant lo live 

Wang Yoo as king was legendary scene at least for me and i can say i am proud of you Wookie ,

• Like 12

I just thought of something. Maybe in afterworld time runs diffrently, and for example 1000 years equals 10 on Earth. So their bet of sad love lasting 1000 years will come true and then Kim Shin will be granted chance of coming back.

But nah I changed my mind. I don't want Kim Shin to suffer yet again 1000 years. Writer-nim bring him back as much painlessly as possible (and if possible...)

Kim Go Eun is my favourite actress now! I have loved Goong Yoo and Wookie a long time already haha

Remember this moment when the Chairman's secretary reads a letter that he left him after he dies?

""If someone by the name Kim Shin comes to you and says that he's here to retrieve his belongings, give it to him. All I have left behind belongs to him. He will come to you through rain and leave as a blue flame. Then you will know its him"

Then, after the pictures of KS dressed as a warrior in the present day here is my theory:

A few years later, Eun Tak doesn’t remember Kim Shin because Grim Reaper or the Red Lady (not sure) have helped her to forget him erasing her memories. One day, Kim Shin is back, with the rain, but he is the same man that died 900 years ago. He doesn’t remember anything else. I don’t know how but Chairman’s Yu (the grandpa) knew this, thats why he left that letter to its secretary! After DH and the CEO trains KS for a time he will become the new CEO and travel to Canada. He is the owner of the hotel so he will stay there and someone will give him the letter Eun Tak wrote years ago… Destiny will make that Eun Tak is in Quebec too so they will find each other again. How they will remember each other? No idea but I’m sure they will.

Thoughts?

• Like 9

Fate is the answer from God. In the end, KS was fated to become the goblin. Noone could have stopped PJW, if the goblin hadn't killed him. Park Joong Won became a demon, which reveals how dangerous and evil he was.

Notice that it was Park Joong Won who created the goblin's bride. He read the driver's dark thoughts and almost killed JET's mother. With the car accident, JET as goblin's bride was created. Then while the demon thought, JET would help him to destroy the goblin, she became KS's helper and the demise of the demon in reality thanks to Wang Yeo's intervention. PJW had underestimated WY's power. He still thought that Wang Yeo was a weak man. So the mark on her shoulder was a protection against danger. JET was fated to meet Kim Shin, like we saw in an earlier episode. Kim Shin saw her in the future life of that restaurant owner. Like he confessed to her, she was his reward. As we can see, fate is the answer hence God told KS and WY that he has always been listening. 

As for the female Grim reaper, she helped the evil eunuch for a long time: Now, she knows her past and sins. Will we ever see her getting her punishment for using her power for personal reasons? 

In my opinion, getting his memories back was not just a punishment for Wang Yeo. He really realised his wrongdoings and mistakes (for not meeting Kim Shin, for sending him to war in order to have him killed). Before he killed himself, he only regretted his action against his wife and love. Now, due to his meeting with KS, he was able to get the full picture of his past. That's why WY acted differently, the total opposite of the past.

First, he wanted KS to kill him (the total opposite of their confrontation in the past, because he wanted to kill Kim Shin) but Kim Shin refused. Then while in the past he asked his wife to choose between him and her brother, Wang Yeo does the opposite. He doesn't want her to choose between them, he releases her, and sends her back to her brother. By giving her the memories from her past life, she goes directly to Kim Shin to welcome him. Whereas he wanted her by his side, he keeps his distance from her, yet he tries to protect her. In the past, he did attempt to protect her, but his attempts were very little compared to now. Moreover, he decides to help KS to get rid of PJW, while in the past he did nothing, well aware that PJW had tried to poison his wife. So when he gets his memories back, he is able to redeem himself by doing what he should have done in his past life.

- Help KS to get rid of PJW

- believe that he is loved. He doesn't doubt Sunny's love for him, although she breaks up with him. It is different from the past.

- he intervenes himself to protect Kim Sun

- try to protect JET, the person loved by Kim Shin. In the past, Wang Yeo got rid of the staff and family closed to Kim Shin.

So our Grim reaper was given the chance to feel less burden and hurt from his remorses and regrets. He gets a chance to show what he truely is: a good and loyal man. Interesting is that he accepts his punishment without any protest, he also accepts that he is no longer in charge of his duties. He accepts his fate, since he has no regret as he helped KS with his actions. He chose to do the right thing. Fate is in the end connected to free will and make the right decision. In the past, the king made the wrong decisions... God gives him a second chance as he knows that WY is fated to make the right decisions.  

The only question I've got is: how did Kim Shin know that Wang Yeo killed himself? When he returned to the palace, the king had already died. He was not a witness of his suicide (taking the poison himself). 

@selenette @staygold@carolinedl@Princi_86@naritul@ez_yan@Jloves@littleloony@triplem@UnniSarah@theseasasleep@gutibear

• Like 23

6 hours ago, carolinedl said:

I did! It was great indeed! That is how I caught the "That's right." You could also hear the ashes being formed out of KS's dying body... I swear I heard that!!

@LyraYoo  @carolinedl I always watch this drama with my headset on, from Ep 1-13. Listening to the beautiful sounds so clearly ehances my mood in watching it. 

In Ep 13, when Kim Shin meets Wang Yeo and tells the latter that everybody in Goryeo loved their king, you can hear birds chirping in the background. I'm not sure if it was intentional, but the general effect was very healing. It signifies a new beginning.

I fell in love with the show during Ep 1 when I listened to the opening with the "Never Far Away" song. Through a headset the song feels hauntingly beautiful, at 6 PM and in a lonely place (where I usually recap), it's chilling. Like it's half a bad omen, half a lover's longing. 

Edited by selenette
Never Far Away :)
  • Like 15

just watched infinite challenge episode 515, Yoo  Jae Suk mission was to act like Goblin and find someone who does not recognize him , which logically kind of difficult for someone known as the Nation MC , but then finally he found elderly woman who dose nt know him and at that moment he felt hurt so bad about this fact and asked her to withdraw the sword from his body just like Goblin then sang Beautiful life ! and funny how at the end they asked her to summon him just like Goblin ! love this episode and specially that Yoo Jae Suk was the fake Goblin ..

• Like 13

37 minutes ago, makeuptemple said:

too much for everyone......  GRP is on probation and he is still GRP he said to that Eunuch yesterday you are not responding a GRP's call.   

@makeuptemple  Hi!  (I love your username, btw. Is "makeup" there the makeup we put on? Sorry for my curiosity). That last scene confuses me, actually. Is Wang Yeo back on Reaper duty, or does he simply rush to the scene because of Eun-tak's death note? Judging from his attire, he's on duty... but we never see his getting a clearance. Or is this a narrative jump?

Asking @winterdew and @MaysoonD to clarify too...

Edited by selenette
  • Like 3

When I watched the special live, I was rather disappointed. But after I finished watching it with subtitles, I realized the captions are important for better understanding. If you're bored and want more Dokkaebi in your life, you need to watch it. It has cute moments. The screencaps I added made me laugh. How can they describe him so well? LOL!

W9HKbjC.jpg

3 hours ago, Sunshine_Her said:

I want to give a big high-five to all those who are able to watch episode 13 more than once. This girl right here, cannot.

But I think I am doing pretty good 24 hours post-kim shin death. On the road to recovery...

I admit I'm one of those who watched episode 13 more than once. The last scene in particular is just so addicting. It's painfully beautiful. If it was the last episode and it ended like that, there's no way I could repeat it over and over again. But... I know there are 3 more episodes so I want to enjoy Goblin as much as I can before the ending.

• Like 20