[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Lost Love in Times 醉玲珑

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, sc_4bfd6599c64db57788c51ac9bd9befd1 said:

I hope that they will include part where QingChen practice and copy YuanLing hand writting.. she was missing him and practice copy his handwriting.. she practice to the point that her handwriting look so much like YuanLing that no one able to tell which was YuanLing hand writing and which is Qing Chen handwriting.. it was during her stay at the 7th price resident that she practice....

YuanZhan who love QingChen keep all of the paper that she wrote....  

I think I saw a poster or bts pic of QC writing while crying. I'm not sure if that was the part but it would be so touchy T_T 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

What episode are you on? I am all caught up as of last night... the plot is progressing quite nicely. love it so far. One of my favorite C-dramas this summer. I was thinking that if the second timeline had things reversed meaning that QC had lost her memories instead of Prince Ling.. I am wondering how Prince Ling would make her remember again. What if she lost her powers and became mortal. The series shows her powers weakening and not completely gone.

I was told by my fellow viet fans that Siege in Fog will be released this month??  Don't count me on this but [they] get it right 90% of the times. In very rare occasions will a drama end up being postponed due to car accident, death of a co-star etc. 

I'm up to Episode 14. It seems everyone's looking into the Dark Magi. I've been busy with a couple of writing projects so I'm not entirely caught up. Since only 4 episodes a week are released each week, I'm taking my time with it. It's always nice not to need subs.

You mean like a reverse Little Mermaid?:tongue: I don't think it would be as interesting if she lost her powers completely because then she can't play detective and get close to Yuan Ling. A woman in those time periods don't get around much so she has to have something (apart from beauty) to attract the attention of the men.

49 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I'm up to Episode 14. It seems everyone's looking into the Dark Magi. I've been busy with a couple of writing projects so I'm not entirely caught up. Since only 4 episodes a week are released each week, I'm taking my time with it. It's always nice not to need subs.

You mean like a reverse Little Mermaid?:tongue: I don't think it would be as interesting if she lost her powers completely because then she can't play detective and get close to Yuan Ling. A woman in those time periods don't get around much so she has to have something (apart from beauty) to attract the attention of the men.

The forum is normally dead when no new episodes are released. I actually like the pacing of this forum in comparison to other C-drama forums when it can run pretty fast. 

My daughter was watching the Little Mermaid the other day.. those were the good old days. And you're right, no fun if she did not have any powers. I love strong, female characters. Nowadays gender is such a social construct that we tend to put females/males into categories.

8 hours ago, sc_4bfd6599c64db57788c51ac9bd9befd1 said:

YuanZhan also play the flute in the book.... but never did a QingChen and YuanZhan did duet together..   they try at the beginning with the battle to save the young ladies being sold to the brothel, but when QingChen play the Zithers, her music was to heavenly to the ear that YuanZhan could only stand there and listen...

however in the book.. QingChen and YuanLing did a duet at together the the Grand-Empress birthday (his grandmother)....

after found out that she is the Feng family missing daughter... YuanZhan want to marry her to be his consort (the main wife).. however, she don't want that and left 7th prince house... she then use her wit and purchase a brothel and hire young lady and teach them music and tea serving.. her brothel become the most famous and well sough after in the city... even-though is a brothel, the girl only sale their talent in music, dance and tea... no other.. QingChen Zither playing bring men far and wide to come to listen and spent money.. it here that she then become the leader of the Mingyi Tower.

later on she came back to the Feng family... after YuanLing order by the King to find her, and bring her back.... by the request of minster Feng...

at the birthday party, the Grand-Empress asked that YuanLing play his bamboo Flute for her, cause it been so long since she hear  it.. YuanLing said his music tune is too cold to the ear, and other musican can not accompany him in his music playing, and that it will not sound good.. the Feng family try to bring QingChen into the palace said that QingChen Zithers playing is like god sent.. and that she can harmony with YuanLinh flute.. that was the first time they play the duet together... and because of that.. the Grand-Empress request that QingChen stay in the palace to accompany her.. 

Thank you for the detailed summary. I haven't read too much of the novel, just only parts of it. I find the C-dramas these days are deviating from the novels a lot but it would be nice if I had time to read the novel just to get an idea of how different the drama is compared to the novel.

1 hour ago, thunderman1 said:

The forum is normally dead when no new episodes are released. I actually like the pacing of this forum in comparison to other C-drama forums when it can run pretty fast. 

My daughter was watching the Little Mermaid the other day.. those were the good old days. And you're right, no fun if she did not have any powers. I love strong, female characters. Nowadays gender is such a social construct that we tend to put females/males into categories.

Thank you for the detailed summary. I haven't read too much of the novel, just only parts of it. I find the C-dramas these days are deviating from the novels a lot but it would be nice if I had time to read the novel just to get an idea of how different the drama is compared to the novel.

the novel is very good.. there two version of the novel.. each i have read 5 time.. and it still good...

9 hours ago, sc_4bfd6599c64db57788c51ac9bd9befd1 said:

I hope that they will include part where QingChen practice and copy YuanLing hand writting.. she was missing him and practice copy his handwriting.. she practice to the point that her handwriting look so much like YuanLing that no one able to tell which was YuanLing hand writing and which is Qing Chen handwriting.. it was during her stay at the 7th price resident that she practice....

YuanZhan who love QingChen keep all of the paper that she wrote....  

oh my....this seems straight out of BBJX....

13 hours ago, sc_4bfd6599c64db57788c51ac9bd9befd1 said:

YuanLing already in love in with QingChen then during that party.. the Grand-Empress want to give her to YuanLing as his wife, but he refuse because he was worry for QingChen.. He didn't want her to burden with the upcoming battle for the throne...  However he did not know that QingChen already made plans of her own to help him win the throne...

Because of the way that she was rising by her father and grandfather, she able to see how a person is.. her first meeting with YuanLing already let her know that she can give her happiness and life to him and that he will protect her and love her thought thick and thin...  and that how it was.. YuanLing only love QingChen.. he have no consort or concubine even when he become king.. he has many complain by all the court offices and minster, wanting him to take more women into his harem.. but he never did..the harem is empty and there on QingChen in the royal palace...

QingChen once said.. if he love or look at another woman, she will disappear from his life.. YuanLing answer.. she is more then make up for 100s women.. why would he want to look at another.. that how deep YuanLing love is for Qing Chen...

he who willing to give his throne to his brother so that he can travel the world with QingChen.. what woman not not love the 4th prince.......

So in the 2nd lifetime Yuan Ling will still become King  and successfully married Qing Chen, then resigned and gave his throne to his brother ? Which brother? 7th or 12th ?

3 hours ago, 12blbl said:

So in the 2nd lifetime Yuan Ling will still become King  and successfully married Qing Chen, then resigned and gave his throne to his brother ? Which brother? 7th or 12th ?

Yes.. QingChen marry YuanLing by the king order (in the book)... 7th prince becomes king at the end of the book... for 7th prince was the only capable person to rule the kingdom.. he know how to control the office.. During the time that YuanLing was king YuanZhan was there with him help him reorganize the government so that it will prevent corruption..  they were able to root out all the so call noble that take advantage of their high position that harm the people..

40 minutes ago, vlvl1 said:

I hope Lost Love in Times rating will improve. I got the online rating from this site. I don't know how actual but I hope when the drama progress the rating goes up. I love this drama but I think it will goes up when romance picks up from our main leads. Lol

https://cdramabase.com/2017/08/07/online-ratings-week-31-2017/#more-11336

Wow it's steadily increasing! I have faith in the director, she's so gifted. I'm actually postponing watching the drama, until it reaches half of remaining episodes left, I love WC, I hope the drama hits big

Here is the video where Yuan Ling force kiss on top of Qing Chen!!!!

This almost gave me a heart attack. I was OMG!!!

I hope he does not give up on her after she slaps him but knowing our Yuan Ling, he won't. Once he has decided to love you then nothing can make change it. It's in his nature to to be that decisive and that passionate about who he loves. Can't wait for this tomorrow. Love it...

She can't hold out too long. Lol

6 hours ago, 12blbl said:

So 7th prince actually was a good person and a good king, i'm curious why he became evil and collaborated with dark sorcerers in the 1st lifetime

because the director can't use the adaption of the book.. they use the 1st and 2nd time change in order to have a concept of what the story going to be..

In the book.. the 7th prince look like QingChen fiance in the modern time.. she catch him cheating on her with her best friend....  She found out that he only care about her family wealth, not her as a person..  She went home.. and it was at her house, the she suddenly have the calling to put on all 9 of her bracelet.. and the 9 bracelet contain the 9 magic stone (unknown to Qingchen)..  and that how she was pull into the pass...

inn the pass because whenever she saw the 7th prince, he keep remind her of her mistake she never accept 7th prince love.....

you have to understand Qingchen of the modern area.. is a very smart business woman.. she was taught by the best.. and is well love by her family.. 

Although 7th prince is very good to her, she never love back.. also because he is already marry.. she will not take someone happiness for herself.. as you all know us modern women would never share our man with anyone.. so how can a modern Qingchen willing to share her husband with another person.. 

but because of China ban on time travel drama.. they they only do the time shift.. and so far I think they did a very good job of it.. it more interesting...

15 hours ago, dito said:

oh my....this seems straight out of BBJX....

Yes, indeed. I mentioned seeing parallels of this drama with BBJX on page 1 or 2 if I recall. To sensor a lot of the time travelling they inserted a second shift in the universe. lol 

1 hour ago, thunderman1 said:

Yes, indeed. I mentioned seeing parallels of this drama with BBJX on page 1 or 2 if I recall. To sensor a lot of the time travelling they inserted a second shift in the universe. lol 

I did read comments comparing the two....but maybe they meant the novel....due to the censors this drama has changed its storyline so much I don't find it much similar at all now to BBJX...4th prince and 7th prince equation has changed so much in the new timeline....that I don't see it ever going the way of first timeline... hopefully....or like the one in BBJX. If the novel does have scenes that were influenced by BBJX...I hope they won't put them all in.....but a few will be fine....

I loved the whole same handwriting bit in BBJX....it felt so romantic...so I don't mind if they use it in this.

Archived