[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Lost Love in Times 醉玲珑

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, Pandafighter86 said:

Base on the novel, QingChen is the 2nd daughter of the Feng family. She and her older sister look identical. The older sister and the 9th prince is in love but then the older sister died. In the preview, it show that the 9th Prince mistook Qing Chen as his lover. 

This going to be a love square since 4th,7th,9th all love QingChen. And the 9th prince would do a lot of evil things in order to win have her.

@Pandafighter86 Then who is Feng Luanfei?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, valerie86 said:

Thanks @peanutbutterjellytime

I hope they are together halfway through the drama sobs sobs.

Oh no 9th prince is so evil. Sighhh   4th prince  must be devastated.. as Qing Chen rejected his love. 

Qing Chen never did like the 7th prince..she know he evil....

1 hour ago, Pandafighter86 said:

Base on the novel, QingChen is the 2nd daughter of the Feng family. She and her older sister look identical. The older sister and the 9th prince were in love but then the older sister died. In the preview, it show that the 9th Prince mistook Qing Chen as his late wife.

This going to be a love square since 4th,7th,9th all love QingChen. And the 9th prince would do a lot of evil things in order to win over QingChen.

INTERESTING:o

2 hours ago, dhatchu said:

@Pandafighter86 Then who is Feng Luanfei?

Oh I forgot, Feng Luanfei is the 3rd daughter of the Feng family. Feng family have 3 daughters in total: XianWu, QingChen, and LuanFei.

While XianWu died unknown and QingChen missing for years, LuanFei became the only remaining daughter of the Feng family.

2 hours ago, sc_4bfd6599c64db57788c51ac9bd9befd1 said:

Empty Love (空情)

Their voices is so beautiful <3

2 hours ago, tintin92 said:

hey everyone! i'm new here :)

just a brief question :

i'm looking for something romantic.combined with other stuff :D i saw the trailer and it really got me. should i go for it?

Yes.. yes.. the first 4 episodes will seem rush.. but after that it will get really good.. so watch it.. if you need English sub.. watch it on drama fever...it sub 8 episodes so far.. it come out 4 episodes every Monday... Chinese so far have to 16 episodes.. there 56 episode for the whole series..

Even though I haven't read the book or have much knowledge of this story, I could tell even from the first few episodes that Yuan Ling is a hot-blooded military man who acts quickly and decisively. He's the sort of man who knows exactly what he wants and acts on it straightaway. He's a risk taker and that was evident even from Episode 1. Fate or not, he's met someone that he likes and he wants her to be his wife. And he's very obstinate in his decision making. The fact that he was quite happy to tear the palace apart to marry her should tell you everything you need to know about his personality. It can't be that unusual for those sorts of times when people had shorter life spans and men frequently died on the battlefield. That's fair enough... Chu Beijie from The General and I was of a similar type.

What's more he is a contrast to the 7th Prince who is more the scholarly gent and much more circumspect.

@laura0709 Yeah, I know right. Who is she kidding? What's a man to think when a woman keeps doing things for him? He's not an idiot. Besides, by staying with the 7th Prince, doesn't she set-up certain expectations and inadvertently create a love triangle? Causing more problems in the meanwhile? Surely she should know Yuan Ling better than that. He's never going to give so easily.

2 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Even though I haven't read the book or have much knowledge of this story, I could tell even from the first few episodes that Yuan Ling is a hot-blooded male who acts quickly and decisively. He's the sort of man who knows exactly what he wants and acts on it straightaway. He's a risk taker and that was evident even from Episode 1. Fate or not, he's met someone that he likes and he wants her to be his wife. And he's very obstinate in his decision making. The fact that he was quite happy to tear the palace apart to marry her should tell you everything you need to know about his personality. It can't be that unusual for those sorts of times when people had shorter life spans and men frequently died on the battlefield. That's fair enough... Chu Beijie from The General and I was of a similar type.

@laura0709 Yeah, I know right. Who is she kidding? What's a man to think when a woman keeps doing things for him? He's not an idiot. Besides, by staying with the 7th Prince, doesn't she set-up certain expectations and inadvertently creates a love triangle. Surely she should know Yuan Ling better than that. He's never going to give so easily.

You are so right... YaunLing is that type of person... don't need time to need to know a person... just know by first sight and know that she is for him.. especially when she sacrifices herself for him.. who would believe that she just want to use him to help her Maje race..

10 minutes ago, sc_4bfd6599c64db57788c51ac9bd9befd1 said:

You are so right... YaunLing is that type of person... don't need time to need to know a person... just know by first sight and know that she is for him.. especially when she sacrifices herself for him.. who would believe that she just want to use him to help her Maje race..

Yeah. Love 4th prince.. ^^

by the way . May I ask why Qing chen insist sge wants to stay at 7th prince palace?  What is her mission actually? ^^ thanks

1 hour ago, sc_4bfd6599c64db57788c51ac9bd9befd1 said:

Yes.. yes.. the first 4 episodes will seem rush.. but after that it will get really good.. so watch it.. if you need English sub.. watch it on drama fever...it sub 8 episodes so far.. it come out 4 episodes every Monday... Chinese so far have to 16 episodes.. there 56 episode for the whole series..

Sobs it will take 14 weeks  for this series to finish airing.. soo heartache waiting 7 dayss..

7 hours ago, sc_4bfd6599c64db57788c51ac9bd9befd1 said:

You have to understand that Prince Ling is a cool person on the outside, but have a very hot heart..

his first meeting with Qing Chen in the second world, he who should not have to pay attention, stop and look at Qing Chen for a while, like he know her..

Her saving his life even when he have miss conception about her make him notice her more.. remember the water screen.. the way that he look at her... 

when he had the fight with the 5th prince... Qing Chen bitten her finger, when he though that she in trouble, he couldn't seem to concentrate in his fighting, he almost lose..

When he was talking with 11th prince about the military, he feel Qing Chen finger pinch by the sword, he was very worry about her.. only prince 11th know his feeling, feeling and sent people to go look for Qing Chen to make certain that she is ok.

when he first saw her at 4th prince, he didn't pay attention to the 5th prince son, therefore he was bitten by the young prince and unknowingly hurt him as the pull his hand away.

the night that he when to Qing Chen room at the 7th prince mansion, his eyes show his joyously when saw that the 7th prince want to see her in the middle of the night, before he collapse.

When he know that he and Qing Chen no longer have the connection and that he know that she took all the poison to herself, his bit is not that he want to confirm about it.. is also his hurt that know that she took the pain of the poison to herself...he din't want that, he didn't want her to be hurt because of him..if you look pay attention to his eyes, you would see the pain that he feel.

This talk with the 7th prince when they had that lunch inside the flower house, he talking about his first meeting with Qing Chen and how is faith his life connect with her.. his small smile as he talk about her..

when Qing Chen come to his mansion after went missing.. the smile that the 11th prince has as he tell the 4th prince that Qing Chen is here.. is because when Qing Chen when missing he was very worry... and only the 11th prince know...

For a military man, because of waiting to have a chance to look at the star and moon with her, he willing to accept her challenge of getting her the star from the water for her..

he a man that don't show his feeling, his action is his feeling..

if you read the book, you would know how he his.. in the book Qing Chen save his life.. 5 day with her, he had falling in love with her.. when she went missing, he sent his most trusting person to go looking for her... for many months.. even when he return to the capital, he still leave behind his men, going everywhere trying to find her...the only things that he have of her was her medical books, and he keep it with him at all time..

I also felt he was disappointed and a bit angry that Qingchen broke the connection between them....he liked that he was linked to her like that.

Yes I also felt in the book Ling wang fell for Qingchen when she saved him and looked after him for those 5 days....In the drama at first it may have seemed they were moving too fast but after a while I didn't mind and it didn't look forced...they were spending time with each other, taking care and getting to know one another.

15 minutes ago, valerie86 said:

Yeah. Love 4th prince.. ^^

by the way . May I ask why Qing chen insist sge wants to stay at 7th prince palace?  What is her mission actually? ^^ thanks

Sobs it will take 14 weeks  for this series to finish airing.. soo heartache waiting 7 dayss..

At first, she want to the 7th prince house was because she know who he was from the 1st dimension... also she know that the poison came from the feng family..so she want to go to the 7th prince to see if the 7th prince effect by the dark Magi.. however when she goes there the 7 Th prince was different from before.. afterward she stay only to help take care of him because he was injured after the fight in eposide 17...

Thank you all for the translations! That's so helpfull and kind!

First of all english is not my first language so I hope I can express myself properly.

I guess people can't figure out how and where the characters felt in love because of the directions choices that were made and YuanLing personality. The drama is pretty raw. In dramas when the couple interact and fall in love we always get close-ups' scenes, they looking for each other for a long time and some romantic music to flag (let us know) that they are falling for each other.

The director is not giving us this so we really need to read their expressions to figure things out. And that's even more dificult since YuanLing is also always hiding his feelings from everyone and even from us the viewers.

We can say that he is jealous or angry but the we can't see clearly >>

01_1.png

01.png

02.png

05_3.png

I guess we have to learn how to read YuanLing. The writers and director won't give it to us easily.

He is the type war warrior who doesn't like to show weakness and tend to be playful or cold/distant to hide his feelings.

He is the type who stays quiet but when he loses control over his feelings he get so intense! And basically it only happens when QingChen is involved!

05.png

05_1.png

YuanLing is a lonely wolf. And she saved him and protected him since the begging, maybe that's why he felt in love with her so fast both times. And they are destined for each other.

03.png

But that's kind of enough for me. I really like to force myself to read characters and figure out who they are.

Maybe that's why I like this drama so much!

5 hours ago, tintin92 said:

hey everyone! i'm new here :)

just a brief question :

i'm looking for something romantic.combined with other stuff :D i saw the trailer and it really got me. should i go for it?

Yap give it a try! The pace is good and the visuals are stunning. 

1 hour ago, sininho said:

First of all english is not my first language so I hope I can express myself properly.

I guess people can't figure out how and where the characters felt in love because of the directions choices that were made and YuanLing personality. The drama is pretty raw. In dramas when the couple interact and fall in love we always get close-ups' scenes, they looking for each other for a long time and some romantic music to flag (let us know) that they are falling for each other.

The director is not giving us this so we really need to read their expressions to figure things out. And that's even more dificult since YuanLing is also always hiding his feelings from everyone and even from us the viewers.

01_1.png

01.png

02.png

05_3.png

I guess we have to learn how to read YuanLing. The writers and director won't give it to us easily.

He is the type war warrior who doesn't like to show weakness and tend to be playful or cold/distant to hide his feelings.

He is the type who stays quiet but when he loses control over his feelings he get so intense! And basically it only happens when QingChen is involved!

05.png

05_1.png

YuanLing is a lonely wolf. And she saved him and protected him since the begging, maybe that's why he felt in love with her so fast both times. And they are destined for each other.

03.png

But that's kind of enough for me. I really like to force myself to read characters and figure out who they are.

Maybe that's why I like this drama so much!

that what I like about this drama also.... the story is good and getting better.. I love the book.. sometime wish that they can use everything base from the book.. but this version is also good....

4 hours ago, sc_4bfd6599c64db57788c51ac9bd9befd1 said:

At first, she want to the 7th prince house was because she know who he was from the 1st dimension... also she know that the poison came from the feng family..so she want to go to the 7th prince to see if the 7th prince effect by the dark Magi.. however when she goes there the 7 Th prince was different from before.. afterward she stay only to help take care of him because he was injured after the fight in eposide 17...

Thank you  ^^  ^^ 

4 hours ago, sininho said:

Thank you for your explanation, as well as all those who has tried to share their insights on the direction of the romance or clarify certain character traits/tendencies to help others grasp the story better. Especially likes of me with limited understanding of Chinese and watching this raw (also haven't read novel, if anyone knows where to read in English do share please)

Think you nailed it about character expression and how romantic connection is portrayed in this drama vs. other dramas. I believe the things you mention- longing gazes, deep in thought, soft music etc. which typically helps audience establish an understanding of mutual romantic development in most dramas, don't seem to be the approach favored here by the director. Those devices can also create or lead to certain expectations of how romance is portrayed, which may not always align with the style of the director or the characters themselves. Keeping this in mind now hopefully might help me enjoy the romance here more moving forward. 

I appreciate your post! what you said makes perfect sense and your English is just fine :)

I'm confuse..

1. after she reset the time,she need to find all the pebles which were scattered, what should happen after she found all the pebles?

2. She want to prevent the previous past life happened on the recent life by insert herself in all the princes's life, like for e.g lingering around the 7th prince.  Eventhough compare to the previous life she's actually know nothing about them since she stayed in the remote place with her teachers and sisters. But would her strategy be helpful at all?

17 hours ago, 12blbl said:

I'm confuse..

1. after she reset the time,she need to find all the pebles which were scattered, what should happen after she found all the pebles?

2. She want to prevent the previous past life happened on the recent life by insert herself in all the princes's life, like for e.g lingering around the 7th prince.  Eventhough compare to the previous life she's actually know nothing about them since she stayed in the remote place with her teachers and sisters. But would her strategy be helpful at all?

The nine stones are the magic stone of the Magi Race.. without it, the Magi race will crease to exist.. that why Qing Chen need to find it.. also if the dark Magi get a hold of it, they can use it to do evil things..  It not just able to turn time, but each stone contain different power..  like the stone that QingChen have.. it gave her the power to restore the sorceress magic back.. give them spiritual power..

She is not insert herself into the prince life, is just came that way... things change, but that does not mean that QingChen can control it.. she can try to prevent, but not forcing the changes..

Archived