[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Lost Love in Times 醉玲珑

sugarplum892

6 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

Personally for me there are too many good C-dramas released this year. Also waiting for Seige in Fog... long wait since it has been postponed on repeated occasions. 

I like the slow progression in the second phase. It shows how the main otp will fall for one another once again rather than a quick two episode love story in phase 1. 

Actually the dubbing isn't too bad in this drama. No squeaky, high voices at least so far in the main cast. 

The syncing isn't too bad either. Some of the actors seems to be dubbing themselves too.

I was okay with the quick romance because I figured that there was a reason for it... a long period of separation or something... and it was a consistent reflection of Yuan Ling's personality to obstinately go for what he wants anyway.  His personality is what led to his problems with the court and ultimately the staging of the coup.

That said, I do like the slow build-up in the second timeline. I can see that he's falling for her bit by bit... a man like him allowing a woman to touch him and snuggle up to him even if he thinks she mistook him for her father shows he's getting very comfortable around her. He didn't know his feelings then but when he does, he will be a force of nature. As everyone keeps saying, if Prince Ling wants something done. it will get done.

I suppose QC is obliged to put up with some resistance but she's too much in love with him to be able to hold out too long.

I'm waiting for Siege in the Fog as well. I got excited when I saw a couple of episodes online but apparently they're just leaked episodes. Wonder what's holding things up. It took Angelo almost 4 years to get released, hope we don't have to wait that long for Siege.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The syncing isn't too bad either. Some of the actors seems to be dubbing themselves too.

I was okay with the quick romance because I figured that there was a reason for it... a long period of separation or something... and it was a consistent reflection of Yuan Ling's personality to obstinately go for what he wants anyway.  His personality is what led to his problems with the court and ultimately the staging of the coup.

That said, I do like the slow build-up in the second timeline. I can see that he's falling for her bit by bit... a man like him allowing a woman to touch him and snuggle up to him even if he thinks she mistook him for her father shows he's getting very comfortable around her. He didn't know his feelings then but when he does, he will be a force of nature. As everyone keeps saying, if Prince Ling wants something done. it will get done.

I suppose QC is obliged to put up with some resistance but she's too much in love with him to be able to hold out too long.

I'm waiting for Siege in the Fog as well. I got excited when I saw a couple of episodes online but apparently they're just leaked episodes. Wonder what's holding things up. It took Angelo almost 4 years to get released, hope we don't have to wait that long for Siege.

I had a hunch that their own voices were dubbed because I did a voice recognition test using one of my husband's programs on my computer and Liu Shi Shi's voice matched! It was altered slightly but nonetheless it was just slightly altered in terms of pitch.

What episode are you on? I am all caught up as of last night... the plot is progressing quite nicely. love it so far. One of my favorite C-dramas this summer. I was thinking that if the second timeline had things reversed meaning that QC had lost her memories instead of Prince Ling.. I am wondering how Prince Ling would make her remember again. What if she lost her powers and became mortal. The series shows her powers weakening and not completely gone.

I was told by my fellow viet fans that Siege in Fog will be released this month??  Don't count me on this but [they] get it right 90% of the times. In very rare occasions will a drama end up being postponed due to car accident, death of a co-star etc. 

Everyone keep wondering if YuanLing will remember QingChen.. he can't because he never meet her.. the 2nd time line is shift 1 year before they meet in the 1st time line.. therefore YuanLing don't know QingChen.. the only person know everything is only QingChen..   She is not as powerful cause she don't have the 9 stones.. once she gather all the 9 stones her power will be restore.. Also because she use the stone to goes back in time, and change the time dimension.. she is punish by not being as strong as she use to be..  it was written that those that use the time dimension, will "Light" will have bad health, "worst" will lose their life, that they live like a living death..   That is why you notice QingChen sometime hold her heart.. her heart is weak because of the time dimension shift..

so please do not ask if YuanLing will remember QingChen...there is nothing to remember.. This time they meet.. it is 1 year before 1st time dimension.... that they meet...

In the book, QingChen have a very weak heart.. her older sister die because of her heart disease as well as her mom is very weak because...

4 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

I had a hunch that their own voices were dubbed because I did a voice recognition test using one of my husband's programs on my computer and Liu Shi Shi's voice matched! It was altered slightly but nonetheless it was just slightly altered in terms of pitch.

Actually it's not Liu ShiShi's own voice. QingChen's voice is dubbed by a voice actress. The same voice actress for BaiQian, Bai PingTing and princess WeiYoung. YuanLing's voice is by the same voice actor for YeHua and YeWen Yue.

When I watch this drama I feels like hearing YeHua and BaiQian cuz they are dubbed by same actors :D

To add some context to @sininho's gif above, QC and YZhan are discussing plants, which is their common passion, but which YLing has no interest in whatsoever, him being a military man.  Another passion that QC and YZ share is music, again, YL does not seem to appreciate music (so far, he has not shown any interest or talent in music in the drama). How to interpret YL's expression? Curiosity? Jealousy? Will that make him realise his love for QC? Looking forward to this week's episodes!!

Is anyone subbing it on YouTube? I read some comments asking for English sub but I don't see anyone doing it. It's really sad bez international fans won't be able to enjoy it like other dramas that r being sub faster. Also, next week the "Kings woman" will come out so less people will watch this drama bez I feel like more people is waiting for that drama and someone will sub this drama before Lost love in times. It's sad bez I like this drama and William is really cute. Hope they have more scenes with the main couple. Haha

2 hours ago, vlvl1 said:

Is anyone subbing it on YouTube? I read some comments asking for English sub but I don't see anyone doing it. It's really sad bez international fans won't be able to enjoy it like other dramas that r being sub faster. Also, next week the "Kings woman" will come out so less people will watch this drama bez I feel like more people is waiting for that drama and someone will sub this drama before Lost love in times. It's sad bez I like this drama and William is really cute. Hope they have more scenes with the main couple. Haha

DramaFever is subbing for Lost Love in Times so no worry. "King's Woman" schedule is different than Lost Love in Times so I don't think it would get affect too much. LLIT is doing very well internationally for a weekly drama, 2 weeks in and the drama already get rated by 7,000 people on DF. Plus, we barely in first half of the story yet, it will get more interesting I'm pretty sure.

4 hours ago, omiki said:

To add some context to @sininho's gif above, QC and YZhan are discussing plants, which is their common passion, but which YLing has no interest in whatsoever, him being a military man.  Another passion that QC and YZ share is music, again, YL does not seem to appreciate music (so far, he has not shown any interest or talent in music in the drama). How to interpret YL's expression? Curiosity? Jealousy? Will that make him realise his love for QC? Looking forward to this week's episodes!!

Cant wait until that one scene where YL sees QC&YZ play music together hahaha. Stubborn YL will not let QC get away for rejecting his "confession" so lightly like that. 

5 hours ago, omiki said:

In the Book, YuanLing know how to play the bamboo Flute...In the book, YuanLinh was the first person that hear QingChen play the Zither, and that she sing to him also when he was sick in bed.. (their first meeting)... In modern time QingChen is an accomplish in music, her father make certain that beside being very clever in business.. she have the skill of a fine lady.. she is a lady of great wealth that will inherit the one of the largest company that her parent own.... she play the zither tune that is from the modern area.. therefore, for those of the pass.. the music is different and more tune.. the the music of the pass...  

I don't know if in the drama it will show that YuanLing will play the bamboo flute or not.. it will be nice if he do that...

3 hours ago, vlvl1 said:

drama fever have it.. sub to episode 12 already.... and it been air only to episode 16 right now...

there will be fan of the Kings Woman..but once, people start to watch "Lost Love In time" they get hook.. so I'm not worry about it...  Good drama take time... the "King Woman" seem interesting..but somehow.. it don't seem to appeal to me.. 

10 hours ago, Pandafighter86 said:

Does anyone have any idea of why the drawing of QingChen's "Flower of Life" got disappeared? 

her flower of life didn't disappear.. it within her body.. the flower of life disappear from the drawing in the book that tell what happen to those that use the 9 stone to change time..

10 hours ago, laura0709 said:

Actually it's not Liu ShiShi's own voice. QingChen's voice is dubbed by a voice actress. The same voice actress for BaiQian, Bai PingTing and princess WeiYoung. YuanLing's voice is by the same voice actor for YeHua and YeWen Yue.

When I watch this drama I feels like hearing YeHua and BaiQian cuz they are dubbed by same actors :D

Well don't count my husband's voice recognition software.. it prob picked it up from some other drama

52 minutes ago, sc_4bfd6599c64db57788c51ac9bd9befd1 said:

In the Book, YuanLing know how to play the bamboo Flute...In the book, YuanLinh was the first person that hear QingChen play the Zither, and that she sing to him also when he was sick in bed.. (their first meeting)... In modern time QingChen is an accomplish in music, her father make certain that beside being very clever in business.. she have the skill of a fine lady.. she is a lady of great wealth that will inherit the one of the largest company that her parent own.... she play the zither tune that is from the modern area.. therefore, for those of the pass.. the music is different and more tune.. the the music of the pass...  

I don't know if in the drama it will show that YuanLing will play the bamboo flute or not.. it will be nice if he do that...

I was curious about the flute beimg played by YL as well. It looks like the drama deviated slightly with YZ playing the flute instead? 

53 minutes ago, thunderman1 said:

Well don't count my husband's voice recognition software.. it prob picked it up from some other drama

I was curious about the flute beimg played by YL as well. It looks like the drama deviated slightly with YZ playing the flute instead? 

YuanZhan also play the flute in the book.... but never did a QingChen and YuanZhan did duet together..   they try at the beginning with the battle to save the young ladies being sold to the brothel, but when QingChen play the Zithers, her music was to heavenly to the ear that YuanZhan could only stand there and listen...

however in the book.. QingChen and YuanLing did a duet at together the the Grand-Empress birthday (his grandmother)....

after found out that she is the Feng family missing daughter... YuanZhan want to marry her to be his consort (the main wife).. however, she don't want that and left 7th prince house... she then use her wit and purchase a brothel and hire young lady and teach them music and tea serving.. her brothel become the most famous and well sough after in the city... even-though is a brothel, the girl only sale their talent in music, dance and tea... no other.. QingChen Zither playing bring men far and wide to come to listen and spent money.. it here that she then become the leader of the Mingyi Tower.

later on she came back to the Feng family... after YuanLing order by the King to find her, and bring her back.... by the request of minster Feng...

at the birthday party, the Grand-Empress asked that YuanLing play his bamboo Flute for her, cause it been so long since she hear  it.. YuanLing said his music tune is too cold to the ear, and other musican can not accompany him in his music playing, and that it will not sound good.. the Feng family try to bring QingChen into the palace said that QingChen Zithers playing is like god sent.. and that she can harmony with YuanLinh flute.. that was the first time they play the duet together... and because of that.. the Grand-Empress request that QingChen stay in the palace to accompany her.. 

2 hours ago, sc_4bfd6599c64db57788c51ac9bd9befd1 said:

I think they should have kept the zither and the singing part in...that might have added an another insight into their developing feelings and slowed down a bit the fast romance most people keep complaining about.

I love the interactions between Qing Chen and 7th prince too...particularly loved the scene when they play music together....he looked so enchanted by her.

I have a question for you ...I just read a chapter where Yuan Ling and Qing Chen perform together in front of the emperor and others.....at the end of which....

Spoiler

were they were talking of making Qing Chen their daughter in law....and proposed Yuan Ling's name?

but he spoke up and then stopped and everyone thought he was going to refuse...and after that he avoided Qingchen....did I get that right? I'm reading on google translate...so I'm probably only getting half of whats written actually. Can you give me some details for that scene ...

edit....i just read your post above about this very scene....thanks.

37 minutes ago, dito said:

I think they should have kept the zither and the singing part in...that might have added an another insight into their developing feelings and slowed down a bit the fast romance most people keep complaining about.

I love the interactions between Qing Chen and 7th prince too...particularly loved the scene when they play music together....he looked so enchanted by her.

I have a question for you ...I just read a chapter where Yuan Ling and Qing Chen perform together in front of the emperor and others.....at the end of which....

Hide contents

were they were talking of making Qing Chen their daughter in law....and proposed Yuan Ling's name?

but he spoke up and then stopped and everyone thought he was going to refuse...and after that he avoided Qingchen....did I get that right? I'm reading on google translate...so I'm probably only getting half of whats written actually. Can you give me some details for that scene ...

edit....i just read your post above about this very scene....thanks.

YuanLing already in love in with QingChen then during that party.. the Grand-Empress want to give her to YuanLing as his wife, but he refuse because he was worry for QingChen.. He didn't want her to burden with the upcoming battle for the throne...  However he did not know that QingChen already made plans of her own to help him win the throne...

Because of the way that she was rising by her father and grandfather, she able to see how a person is.. her first meeting with YuanLing already let her know that she can give her happiness and life to him and that he will protect her and love her thought thick and thin...  and that how it was.. YuanLing only love QingChen.. he have no consort or concubine even when he become king.. he has many complain by all the court offices and minster, wanting him to take more women into his harem.. but he never did..the harem is empty and there on QingChen in the royal palace...

QingChen once said.. if he love or look at another woman, she will disappear from his life.. YuanLing answer.. she is more then make up for 100s women.. why would he want to look at another.. that how deep YuanLing love is for Qing Chen...

he who willing to give his throne to his brother so that he can travel the world with QingChen.. what woman not not love the 4th prince.......

I hope that they will include part where QingChen practice and copy YuanLing hand writting.. she was missing him and practice copy his handwriting.. she practice to the point that her handwriting look so much like YuanLing that no one able to tell which was YuanLing hand writing and which is Qing Chen handwriting.. it was during her stay at the 7th price resident that she practice....

YuanZhan who love QingChen keep all of the paper that she wrote....  

2 hours ago, sc_4bfd6599c64db57788c51ac9bd9befd1 said:

Q

QingChen once said.. if he love or look at another woman, she will disappear from his life.. YuanLing answer.. she is more then make up for 100s women.. why would he want to look at another.. that how deep YuanLing love is for Qing Chen...

he who willing to give his throne to his brother so that he can travel the world with QingChen.. what woman not not love the 4th prince.......

Ah yesss i remember this part from the trailer hehehe . Qing Chen said that in the trailer. I am glad that they include this in drama.

William Chan's gif (when Qing chen and Yuan Zhan discussing flower) is just too adorable. WC Is gorgeous ! 

Archived