[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Lost Love in Times 醉玲珑

sugarplum892

3 hours ago, Erin Lokanata said:

Yeah. This drama just got better and better. And Princess A Chai seems to have make a move on our Yuan Ling too XD

She clearly tells everybody that instead of marrying Crown Prince she want to get married to Ling Wang hahaha. Don't hate me but I feel there's a chemistry too between Yuan Ling and Princess A Chai :D

Ya. The romance in second realm is starting to show some progress.  But maybe they wont be together yet. Not until ep 27 or 28 (like halfway of the drama lol) 

And yeahhh William Chan and both the first and second female leads have chemistry hehe.  He and ZLy in other dramas also have strong chemistry.  He's so awesome 

And from the translations 4th prince openly declares his love to qing Chen. Omg omg omg... 

Many thanks for the translationss ...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why Qing Chen rejected 4th prince. Is it due to. In the 2nd world  she does not want to be romantically involved with 4th prince?

I thought Qing Chen showed her interest in 4th prince when she pretend to be drunk and hug him. Hehe

Does Qing Chen go back to live in Yuan zhan 7th prince place  to look for stones / is there any other reason / missions?  

As much as I'm looking forward to next week's episodes based on previews, anyone else feel, yet again Yuan Ling's feelings seem abrupt when their relationship is still mostly platonic and undeveloped minus the mild teasing here and there:/  not much development is seen to sell that romance, or am I alone on this? 

We don't get to see how Yuan Ling is falling for her, at least with Yuan Zhan he is clearly drawn to her and how in tuned they are on multiple levels. And suddenly YL is acting all assertive, like bro you even like the girl or you confusing competition with jealousy?

@valerie86  Qing Chen isnt allowing Yuan Ling to fall in love with her this time because of the tragic outcome before the time reset. She blames their insistence to be together as the root cause of the coup, so in her mind, not letting him fall in love with her will prevent the backlash that cost him his throne/life. 

8 minutes ago, peanutbutterjellytime said:

As much as I'm looking forward to next week's episodes based on previews, anyone else feel, yet again Yuan Ling's feelings seem abrupt when their relationship is still mostly platonic and undeveloped minus the mild teasing here and there:/  not much development is seen to sell that romance, or am I alone on this? 

We don't get to see how Yuan Ling is falling for her, at least with Yuan Zhan he is clearly drawn to her and how in tuned they are on multiple levels. And suddenly YL is acting all assertive, like bro you even like the girl or you confusing competition with jealousy?

I feel the same way too...

There are not too many scenes between Qing Chen and 4th prince . Only some scenes where he teases her all the time..but nothing too significant.   (Disappointed)

At most times from ep 10 ~ Qing Chen is together with 7th prince.  

It is confusing too how come he suddenly confesses his love? Siggh. I wish Qing Chen has more quality times nwith Yuan Ling   but not at all..

44 minutes ago, valerie86 said:

I feel the same way too...

There are not too many scenes between Qing Chen and 4th prince . Only some scenes where he teases her all the time..but nothing too significant.   (Disappointed)

At most times from ep 10 ~ Qing Chen is together with 7th prince.  

It is confusing too how come he suddenly confesses his love? Siggh. I wish Qing Chen has more quality times nwith Yuan Ling   but not at all..

Disappointing describes how I feel about the OTP interactions so far. The lack of scenes is a little frustrating, but beginning to wonder if it may be a chemistry issue or William Chan's acting or even the directing?  Tried not to let the rushed pre-time reset romance bother me, so here's hoping there is more effort to develop the attraction rather than make our prince fall in love again 'all of a sudden'.  

I like that the drama moves at a good pace, but romance here I wish they took their time with.

On another note, Liu Shi Shi is stunning in ancient garb! Could do without the giant Christmas star ornament on her head tho (eps 15/16)

11 minutes ago, peanutbutterjellytime said:

Disappointing describes how I feel about the OTP interactions so far. The lack of scenes is a little frustrating, but beginning to wonder if it may be a chemistry issue or William Chan's acting or even the directing?  Tried not to let the rushed pre-time reset romance bother me, so here's hoping there is more effort to develop the attraction rather than make our prince fall in love again 'all of a sudden'.  

If you compare this to YH in 3L3W, then you are right to say that it's not very obvious that YL is in love with QC. YH had more of his thoughts conveyed to us viewers, eg. When he was a snake, we could hear his thoughts about SS, and some monologues, or even when he confided in his Uncle. Of course, Mark Chao's acting and facial expressions are also TOP notch. Here, YL has no monologues, and even when he is talking to 11, he's not talking about QC. Maybe this is originally lacking in the novel (is it in first person view? I haven't read it, so I don't know ...) or the script. So I can understand why it's difficult to understand his feelings. Maybe we can understand his attraction to QC as 'fated' because they are the twin stars? Like love at first sight? This happens in real life, you know :)

the story is getting more and more interesting. 4 episodes a week is not enough!!!

59 minutes ago, omiki said:

If you compare this to YH in 3L3W, then you are right to say that it's not very obvious that YL is in love with QC. YH had more of his thoughts conveyed to us viewers, eg. When he was a snake, we could hear his thoughts about SS, and some monologues, or even when he confided in his Uncle. Of course, Mark Chao's acting and facial expressions are also TOP notch. Here, YL has no monologues, and even when he is talking to 11, he's not talking about QC. Maybe this is originally lacking in the novel (is it in first person view? I haven't read it, so I don't know ...) or the script. So I can understand why it's difficult to understand his feelings. Maybe we can understand his attraction to QC as 'fated' because they are the twin stars? Like love at first sight? This happens in real life, you know :)

the story is getting more and more interesting. 4 episodes a week is not enough!!!

Monologues aren't always necessary in conveying a character's feelings rather than intentions, but also I wouldn't categorize his attraction to QC the love at first sight kind either. Yes slight attraction  is there even early on, but the rapid strong confession seems out of the blue each time, given lack of OTP interactions or scenes exploring the actualization of those feelings.  Especially when it didn't even look like he had much feelings for her, until he said so. 

Maybe my expectations are getting in the way of how I feel the romance would be like in this drama. Besides that, the drama is actually getting quite good and 4 eps does seem too little especially with these damn cliffhangers and being spoiled by release of many eps weekly usually from Chinese dramas haha

7 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Yuan Ling is so cute. LOL. He's moving into his brother's mansion because he's getting territorial. I adore jealous male leads. I've got to get back to watching this show soon.

Hi @laura0709 I would probably translate bu qing bu bai as "not clear" rather than "not understanding". "I would rather not live my life being unclear."

Edited: Maybe both... "not clear and not understanding"

and then what Qingchen says, "A one-sided kind of love (probably a better fit in this context), I am unable to reciprocate."

Thank you for your corrections. When she said yi xiang qing yuan de qing I was thinking yeah... right... lady.. you saved a man time and again not even caring your own life and you says one-sided. You think he will take your words? -_-

By the way, those ridiculous haidos and hair ornaments are way over the top. And what's with the gigantic ribbons on the actors waist :D

You have to understand that Prince Ling is a cool person on the outside, but have a very hot heart..

his first meeting with Qing Chen in the second world, he who should not have to pay attention, stop and look at Qing Chen for a while, like he know her..

Her saving his life even when he have miss conception about her make him notice her more.. remember the water screen.. the way that he look at her... 

when he had the fight with the 5th prince... Qing Chen bitten her finger, when he though that she in trouble, he couldn't seem to concentrate in his fighting, he almost lose..

When he was talking with 11th prince about the military, he feel Qing Chen finger pinch by the sword, he was very worry about her.. only prince 11th know his feeling, feeling and sent people to go look for Qing Chen to make certain that she is ok.

when he first saw her at 4th prince, he didn't pay attention to the 5th prince son, therefore he was bitten by the young prince and unknowingly hurt him as the pull his hand away.

the night that he when to Qing Chen room at the 7th prince mansion, his eyes show his joyously when saw that the 7th prince want to see her in the middle of the night, before he collapse.

When he know that he and Qing Chen no longer have the connection and that he know that she took all the poison to herself, his bit is not that he want to confirm about it.. is also his hurt that know that she took the pain of the poison to herself...he din't want that, he didn't want her to be hurt because of him..if you look pay attention to his eyes, you would see the pain that he feel.

This talk with the 7th prince when they had that lunch inside the flower house, he talking about his first meeting with Qing Chen and how is faith his life connect with her.. his small smile as he talk about her..

when Qing Chen come to his mansion after went missing.. the smile that the 11th prince has as he tell the 4th prince that Qing Chen is here.. is because when Qing Chen when missing he was very worry... and only the 11th prince know...

For a military man, because of waiting to have a chance to look at the star and moon with her, he willing to accept her challenge of getting her the star from the water for her..

he a man that don't show his feeling, his action is his feeling..

if you read the book, you would know how he his.. in the book Qing Chen save his life.. 5 day with her, he had falling in love with her.. when she went missing, he sent his most trusting person to go looking for her... for many months.. even when he return to the capital, he still leave behind his men, going everywhere trying to find her...the only things that he have of her was her medical books, and he keep it with him at all time..

17 minutes ago, sc_4bfd6599c64db57788c51ac9bd9befd1 said:

if you read the book, you would know how he his.. in the book Qing Chen save his life.. 5 day with her, he had falling in love with her.. when she went missing, he sent his most trusting person to go looking for her... for many months.. even when he return to the capital, he still leave behind his men, going everywhere trying to find her...the only things that he have of her was her medical books, and he keep it with him at all time..

Thank for the input ^^

Does the event Qing chen went missing near the end of the book?  Is this in the second world? 

1 minute ago, valerie86 said:

Thank for the input ^^

Does the event Qing chen went missing near the end of the book?  Is this in the second world? 

In the book, Qing Chen is a lady in the present time, that got pull into the pass when she put on the 9 bracelet that have the 9 magic stone..she was pull by the pass Qing Chen, her soul enter Qing Chen body.. but because of the time travel issue about soul goes to the pass.. the China media control would not aloud it..  they can use pass travel to travel in pass. but no present time travel into the pass.. and also it have to be body.. not soul travel.. 

I know it stupid... but they want to make certain that young girl not stupid to kill themselves, so that their soul could travel into the pass

so the film production did what they did..

Love doesn't grow from a certain amount of interaction. Especially for YuanLing & QingChen, who's stars are FATED TOGETHER NO MATTER WHAT.  

QingChen grabs the hold of YuanLing's emotion very fast. We can see that YuanLing has never been nervous, mad, or playful toward a woman before. QingChen is just so special that it feels like she was made for him. 

If you guys pay attention, you guys can clearly see that QingChen&Yuanling is each other's ideal type.

QingChen loves YuanLing from his kindness. That he's willing to pay his life as a price for his citizens. That every step he took is nicely planned out. YuanLing willing to put himself out as a suspect for his brother's death in order to capture more hints. By doing this, he finds out about who's behind his brother's death and what they want to do next. QingChen love him because he have never disappoint her.

YuanLing love QingChen for her uniqueness. That she goes smoothly with all of his plans. QingChen willing to accept all of YuanLing's poisons and die for him. But, she would also willing to see him in danger and wait PATIENTLY. Did you guys know that QingChen could've just give YuanLing the poison needle and quickly close this case? But rather doing so, she tend to follow YuanLing's plans and hide the BEST evidence. Because she knew that no matter what, YuanLing would find a way to save himself. We call this "2 birds in 1 shot", his way of doing thing must bring him two benefits. For this case, it's saving his life and earn trust from his father and 7th brother. QingChen know him too well to help him with this case, so she would only follow her own case which is the dark magic clan. 

YuanLing is QingChen's King and QingChen is YuanLing's Queen. 

1 hour ago, dhatchu said:

In the preview it shows like the 9th prince seems to know Qing chen.

Base on the novel, QingChen is the 2nd daughter of the Feng family. She and her older sister look identical. The older sister and the 9th prince were in love but then the older sister died. In the preview, it show that the 9th Prince mistook Qing Chen as his late wife.

This going to be a love square since 4th,7th,9th all love QingChen. And the 9th prince would do a lot of evil things in order to win over QingChen.

8 hours ago, peanutbutterjellytime said:

@valerie86  Qing Chen isnt allowing Yuan Ling to fall in love with her this time because of the tragic outcome before the time reset. She blames their insistence to be together as the root cause of the coup, so in her mind, not letting him fall in love with her will prevent the backlash that cost him his throne/life. 

Thanks @peanutbutterjellytime

I hope they are together halfway through the drama sobs sobs.

54 minutes ago, Pandafighter86 said:

Base on the novel, QingChen is the 2nd daughter of the Feng family. She and her older sister look identical. The older sister and the 9th prince were in love but then the older sister died. In the preview, it show that the 9th Prince mistook Qing Chen as his late lover. 

This going to be a love square since 4th,7th,9th all love QingChen. And the 9th prince would do a lot of evil things in order to win over QingChen.

Oh no 9th prince is so evil. Sighhh   4th prince  must be devastated.. as Qing Chen rejected his love. 

these are the song from "lost love in time"

1. Because of You (因你)" (Theme song) william Chan  

2.Drunken Red Dust (醉里红尘)

3."Heart Tears (洙心泪

4.Exquisiteness (玲珑)" (Ending theme song)

5."Heart Tears (洙心泪

6.Leaving with Joy (不如笑归去)

7.Rustling in the Wind (风雨萧瑟)

8.You are my Kingdom (你是我的王国)

9.Rather not Meet (不若相见)

Archived