[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

31 minutes ago, angelangie said:

Unless I'm wrong the rating usually drop on the first airing episode of the week and it will pick up again on the 2nd episode of the week

really?? i never really pay attention to the ratting so i don't know the fluctuation heheh..:P

it's mean good then?? tonight will be increase if that so.. :D

• Like 12

56 minutes ago, liz-danielle said:

How do you know? Thurs She came up my mind as well ... Btw his son that show in the picture is about 10 years old...

I dont know..  Hahaha..

It came up to my mind this morning.. I just remember pinnochio case.. Old friends who became the cute police wife.. Never expect that girl before haha..

So maybe HJ & SC involve in romantic bromance over 3 years.. After that SC gave up on HJ n started his new life haha.. My bad..

I wonder where's that red motorbike? I love it more hahahaha..

• Like 11

At the beginning of the episode, BFF mentioned that HJ likes JH since back then and almost gave up everything to go for JH.. but the last scene was JH ran to her instead…. Did we miss anything here?

I really wish SH will provide some 'insight' to JH re HJ's past (family and SC)... that will clear up all the uncertain feelings and accomplish his goal.

• Like 11

Just finish ep 7. I don't like all HJ family member, I prefer her to be away from them as she did. But at some point, I thinks it will come back to show that forgiveness is one important things, sigh. I know that dad did bad thing because his guilty feeling but isn't it too much. Withness stepmom hurt HJ and do nothing at all!.

Since the begining, I love Doctors because of JH and HJ interactions. I love their chemistry it so beautiful. They are the best....I keep replay their scene. In ep.7, the jealous JH is so cute and funny:D HongHongHong's happyness just simply made my day, he so cute. KRW just simply kill this role, I can't get his smile away from my mind. I want more JH and HJ deeper.....and....deeper relationship. Can I have that writernim and PDnim? :)

I guest the serious and not serious will happened in next ep. I think SC will be fine but this will make HJ make another invisible wall againts JH again. Deep down, she really love and crazy about him, even SH known it. I believe that.....having JH as her man is.....HJ dream since those day. I mean, JH is HJ's first and only one love. Not to lose him again...she belive that tied no knot to him is the only way to make JH safe and alive. This is her natural instrinct since she was young. Poor HJ, I want to see how JH solve this issue. HJ need the heart-warmness from JH. On the other hand, JH also need someone to help him overcome the childhood trauma-fearness. As the theme of drama will show us how they help each other, I can't wait to see those good feeling scene in upcoming ep. Yeah, so far, this drama is so good! One of the best good-feeling drama for me ever.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, ck1Oz said:

@rameennoodles there are plenty of nice female characters around in Kdramas. But even they don't have everyone falling or noticing them at first glance. It's usually the 2 male leads. And even good looking nice male leads don't have females falling immediately for them.

I am not fussed over this drama enough to get into debates. I was going to skip this to be honest as I could take it or leave it. I happened to be awake and just watched it. I notice the medical scenes as I am supposed to check for accuracy on the viki subs so of course I would notice it when there ade hardly any. Tend to skim over the rest when it's just plain social banter. If there are a lot I make sure I am check on it throughout the day as it's refined.

Have to be honest here though, seeing as it's not a medical  medical drama she and other doctors sure have lots of social time. In between working hours and going out at night.  Not much on call room chatter. Lots of office room scenes and outside hospital scene. 

If you're talking about this being a drama showing her growth though it's still funny. She is a Fellow basically finished her training. She only needs to get even more varied experience. She was Chief after all at Daejeon Hospital.  She is socially comfortable and gets along with her colleagues. She has friends ok one friend.  She is not poor. She drives- no cue awkward scene of male lead teaching her to drive. She doesn't have a rich chaebol family background with accompanying matseon complications.  JH is unabashedly pursuing her. 2nd male lead is also rich and successful. 

So yes  I laugh because the writer so obviously only left her to grow in the romance department. Even the family thing-  the writer made the sister and father approach her FIRST. Now seriously what growth except complicated surgeries and then love. By the way don't know if anyone remembers SW saying or was it HJ talking about coming here to learn coilling. Even a trained surgeon needs to sub specialize and yeah coilling is as good as any as it's standard for aneurysm surgery. All the obscure, rare and dangerous surgeries is not where you make the money. Table deaths or a doctor with many table deaths do not get popular ie get referrals.

It's a pity if you do decide to skip this drama I guess your not that fussed about it and its not up to your liking. Everyone is diff I on the other hand enjoy it a lot. I gotta laugh at our comment here about HJ growing in the love dept and not so in her skills as a doc. I totally disagree. She'll grow, shes got that motivation to learn more. You can see it when she grabbed JH hand when they were talking about a new skill which she's never actually had the chance to assist in and only seen in videos or texts. We're only in ep 7 outta of 20 so there is still room to see that career growth in her.

Like I said in my previous post, HJ has built a wall around herself esp to protect herself from love. She has avoided love and has not grown socially. If she keeps that facade I fear her life will become more robotic and lonely.. where is her enjoyment? Her motivation in life (or lack of) will in turn affect her career. I believe the growth in her love or should I say her personal life is just as important as her career. So I applaud the writer to feel the same as I do.  Like she said herself in ep 4 and Im glad she knows it herself. 

e01406150238b86937273fc7e934d1e3.gif

• Like 22

HJ is a product of brokenhome.. I think someone needs to teach her dad and that shameful witch stepmom about the how to raise brokenhome child..

She lost family love thus she rebels so much..

The only one she can hang onto is halmoni.. Thus halmoni died bcz of something goin on with the surgery..

Then it become turning point of HJ life, she become success, even she become doctor the point she reach that place is to find out the truth why did halmoni passed away

if SC must be die in the surgery, i think HJ will lost herself for a moment.. SC maybe the only one her male bestie during her difficult time, even she received so much care from her female bestie as well.. When HJ & SC met again, they were so friendly.. So warm.. And i just love their chemy..

When i saw JH & HJ met again.. I feel like i frezee haha there's was awkward moment.. Bcz HJ desnt know how to react.. She heard he married. But that's different when SG met HJ, the brezee was so warm n friendly.. Family love (?)

Just like brother n sister ^^ what i usually call platonic love.. :blush:

I am so sorry about SC.. I hope nothing wrong will happen..

• Like 18

7 minutes ago, liz-danielle said:

At the beginning of the episode, BFF mentioned that HJ likes JH since back then and almost gave up everything to go for JH.. but the last scene was JH ran to her instead…. Did we miss anything here?

I haven't watched sub, but I think she referred to the time when SW posted the news/scandal about HJ and JH. She was probably talking about how HJ would go through any length to save Teacher Hong's reputation, even being expelled from school. I mentioned before, that it was an act of love, whether or not HJ realized or acknowledge that feeling. She wanted to protect Hong. The reason she called SW out to talk is not to defend herself at all, but to make a plea for Teacher Hong, that SW retract and rectify her post.

• Like 20

Sorry, just backread.. I've fallen a sleep after the Doctors ended with tears in my eyes.. Thank God no nightmare, in fact didn't remember my dream at all..

So, ratings drop a little? Who cares, as long as I still hook up with this drama, which means good.. I never stay long enough for "not so good" drama..

Waiting for Indosub for so 7 and episode 8 tonight.. My feeling told me SC won't die.. Perhaps he stay unconscious just to make HJ can meet his son which I believe will be a child actor who played as her friends son in Pinocchio.. Cross my finger everything will turn out well for our OTP..

Have to go to work.. See u guys again tonight for live streaming.. Ciao..

• Like 15

@jadecloud Awww thanks dear! I am lucky it I just want to write and share. Thanks for even if people would read my ramblings that are out of order.

I might have to hold back and not write so many long ramblings due to work tomorrow will be hard. Sigh but it does make me happy. I just watched the drama ep 7 with subs. So I got some details rounded out that I could not catch.

Glad I was not too far off on some things and enjoying the ride.

Sorry about SC though and I am thinking either 1) he dies 2) he doesn't die but is not the same again. As for the archer---she has side effects but I think the blindness is just temporary.

I do agree with others, I like that HJ step sister is sweet and not overly pushy. The fact she says she is not alone anymore made her happy.

Puppy Kang Soo--love him. So cute!

• Like 16

35 minutes ago, holyfea said:

I dont know..  Hahaha..

It came up to my mind this morning.. I just remember pinnochio case.. Old friends who became the cute police wife.. Never expect that girl before haha..

So maybe HJ & SC involve in romantic bromance over 3 years.. After that SC gave up on HJ n started his new life haha.. My bad..

I wonder where's that red motorbike? I love it more hahahaha..

Obviously SC at that time only one side love and HJ never interest at all but just treat him as a friend because both of them are quite similar. 

16 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I haven't watched sub, but I think she referred to the time when SW posted the news/scandal about HJ and JH. She was probably talking about how HJ would go through any length to save Teacher Hong's reputation, even being expelled from school. I mentioned before, that it was an act of love, whether or not HJ realized or acknowledge that feeling. She wanted to protect Hong. The reason she called SW out to talk is not to defend herself at all, but to make a plea for Teacher Hong, that SW retract and rectify her post.

And also the part that JH chases HJ after the kiss, 'don't run, at first I've done the same' I was like 'when was that?' I hardly remember JH ran away except the 'classic run to you'. 

• Like 14

after watching ep 7
SC finally have a proper appearance only to got hit at the same episode.. this is what makes K-Medical Drama tiring to watch... you dont know whats going to get hospitalized
at this rate i'm worried they're gonna give seonhee brain cancer or something just to make hyejung suffer and also she's a character that has impact to 3 main character... 

• Like 10

10 hours ago, nonski said:

Yes yes dongsaeng @jeonghyang the perfect gifset to show them looking inlove!

and love the other gifs too... the wink! and samchoon is cute too!

\

cr. @jeonghyang

Thank you chingu, i search everypage to see someone post this cute smile, what are you doing Hong sasenim..your smile can make every girl will melting and become your patient, so in love with KRW smile :wub::wub::wub:

• Like 14

good morning..

thank you for all goodies, recaps and screencappers, gif, c-strips and all about last night episode..

omg SC is back.. i love his interaction with HJ and how hong hong hong seems jealous to see it..lol

i hope nothing bad happen to him.. its been a while he come then already got accident.. big NO.. :(

gotta watch full engsub one for episode 7 since already available.. 

see you soon :wub:

• Like 15

5 hours ago, Nodame said:

@nonski I don't know how you do rollcall. You are too kind. I am such a lurker but I cannot help myself to take some free time and breaks to want to contribute my thoughts.

I hope you have been well! Thank you I glad I can be sane thanks to the AWESOME recappers!

you're welcome @Nodame and i appreaciate that you're sharing your thoughts here. i usually do roll call when i watch the drama live and participate actively in the forum and if the people in the forum are kind and special just like here in Doctors thread.

• Like 18

I am sad that the ratings has dropped because I was hoping it hit 20% for the staff and actors. They have worked so hard and it would be a great accomplishment to have reached 20% before half of the drama aired. 

I really liked last night episode. Although not much JH and HJ moments but the little bit were so lovey dovey and sweet that I kept repeating those scenes. The ending was heartbreaking. All in all it was a good episode as it propel the drama and story/plot forward. So I am eagerly waiting for the next episodes.

Regardless of ratings this is one of my most favourite drama. 

Thanks everyone for your insights, gifs, translations and pics :wub:

• Like 12

@nonski- thanks for the shout out earlier today. Sorry had to work. Today's episode had a little bit of everything, happiness, jealousy, sadness, friendship  and trying to mend fences

How many people must HJ lose  that are close to her?  First, her mother died due her dad and that is one of the main  reason why  she does not believe in love.

Secondly her grandmother, just when she finally started believing in herself and a reason to turn her life around  and bam she died.

Writer do, we really need HJ to suffer more and believing she does not deserve happiness and love. Why would you allow another person that means the world to her to die?  Is this the impact we should be expecting from SC? If yes, and he dies this is so unfair to HJ. I hope you can save him and  through rehab and his fighting spirits HJ  start believing in people and the power of love and family. SC's son will be his inspiration hopefully and HJ will learn the value of family and their love.

HJ 's dad where were you for the last 13 years of HJ's life? Do you truly believed she would welcome with open -arms. What planet are you truly from.You allowed your wife to verbally and physical abuse her daughter? Did a  light  bulb went off in your head and suddenly you remember OH I do  have another daughter? WOW!!!!!  EVIL stepmom, when are you going to realize that you were wrong. You cannot be a true mom if you can only love your child and no one else.

JH and YD were so funny, curious and jealous. Yes, guys she does have friends and yes she does smile. Once she allows you in you can tell you are a friend for life.  SW you cannot force someone to love you. YD has been honest with you regarding his feelings.  I guess  with your father's help you are going to find a way to force YD to becomes yours. Please remember is family DNA their marriages and loved don't last long. 

Looking forward to tomorrow, heart wrenching and emotional episode.

Thanks to all the recaps and pictures.

• Like 19

15 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

Not sure why some are saying the ratings dropped. They haven't dropped, they have been increasing.  What am I missing?  The Monday episode is consistently increasing over the previous Mondays episodes. We'll see if Tuesday's episodes increase over the previous Tuesdays.  I don't compare a Monday's episode to a Tuesday's episode because viewers have changing schedules.....more viewers may be off on Tuesdays.

In all honesty, if I like drama, then I don't care what the ratings say.  So far, I'm loving this drama.  I read an earlier comment when someone was comparing this drama to another medical drama that's airing; they also said the other drama was better.  Well, as for me, Doctor's had me hooked within 5 minutes of watching it. I don't like dramas that are supposed to be melodrama when they should be tagged as fantasy; with illogical plots and scenarios......where you have to suspend belief and just accept that the impossible just happened.  This drama has a good balance to me. Wonderful romance story going, some angst getting started and believable medical scenes.

Date Episode TNmS (%) Nielsen Korea (%)
Nationwide Seoul Nationwide Seoul Peak
2016-06-20 01 11.4 (4th) 15.1 (4th) 12.9 (4th) 14.7 (4th) 18.4
2016-06-21 02 12.4 (4th) 16.9 (3rd) 14.2 (4th) 16.2 (4th) 20.0
2016-06-27 03 12.8 (4th) 16.5 (3rd) 14.4 (3rd) 16.9 (3rd) 21.1
2016-06-28 04 14.6 (3rd) 17.8 (2nd) 15.6 (3rd) 18.0 (2nd) 23.0
2016-07-04 05 16.1 (3rd) 20.7 (1st) 18.4 (3rd) 20.2 (3rd) -
2016-07-05 06 16.8 (3rd) 20.8 (1st) 19.7 (3rd) 21.6 (2nd) 25.7
2016-07-11 07 18.4 (3rd) 22.3 (1st) 18.8 (3rd) 21.3 (2nd)

cr: DramaWiki

some people said the other drama was better from Doctors drama. who's care? mybe yes for them, but not for everyone. different taste right? just enjoyed the drama. it's just for fun. no need to argue. 

• Like 11