Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Hi all, it's my first time here as I been a silent reader.

I just want to say a few things about this drama. I'm fan of LJK since my girl and been watching all his drama, but with SHR I'm a bit disappointed specially with the casting, I know it's too late to say this but the production tim should have cast a different female lead from the start. I like IU as a singer but I think IU is not ready for Saeguk drama yet.

and with the different version of the drama it makes viewers more confused. I don't care with low rating, don't mind with the OST but please do a better job with the editing.                                                                 I feel sorry for LJK and all the cast..

sorry for the long post and my bad English.

• Like 12

41 minutes ago, outofspace said:

This line reminds me of Game of Thrones. It's fitting since Moon Lovers also deals with a race to become king. :P

In fact Yonghwa reminds me Cersei Lannister, she married Robert Baratheon for political issues and money. Robert needed money that the Lannisters could give him, and these, as well, wanted power so it was a marriage by mutual convenience. Yonghwa is ambitious, when the conflict between the brothers explode and she sees that it is Wang So who can give her the chance to be the queen, will not hesitate to propose or maybe accept be his wife, everything depends on how the writer and director manage this subject.

@bebebisous33 I really like your observations about why Wang So reacted in that way. Love is not what is in the eyes of Wang So at that moment, is fear. The little cracks inside are breaking even more when she sees him, and for a man like him who for years has instilled fear and toughness to everyone, including his siblings, is even more difficult.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

Thanks a lot... I was afraid that people wouldn't understand.;) 

I don't know why but this drama makes me think a lot about Sartre, a French philosopher and writer. First, one of his famous quotes is: Hell is other people!

Sartre was implying that it is difficult to be among people, when external perception and self-perception are totally different. People tend to judge someone's actions totally differently the person is judging his own actions. This explains why for example Wang So likes being alone because he is avoiding to be confronted too often how people perceive and judge him.  

First a million apologies for cutting your post. 

It was not easy for them to reveal such a complex inner conflict with so much subtlety when the action unfolds so quickly. And a high praise for Lee Joon Gi. He realy was exceptional in that scene.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

Now I would like to comment on the last scene, where Wang Soo looks at Hae Soo and adds that he hates that look in her eyes... he hates it like crazy. Many asked for the meaning behind his comment so that someone answered that he was realising that the way she looked at him made him fall harder for her, which makes him more vulnerable and he can't stand it.

Even if this is a good explanation which I agree too, there is also something else to it. First of all, the look can be compared to a mirror, however the look as mirror doesn't reflect reality, but it is a transformed vision. When we look at people'eyes, we can see how they perceive us as well, how they can judge us. So the gaze gives us an external perception of ourselves. On the other hand, we get a certain self-perception as well because we see a little our own reflection. I hope, so far it is understandable. SELF-PERCEPTION + EXTERNAL

You can tell me what you think about it! Your opinion and feedback are welcome.

Sorry to cut your post. I like your interpretation and agree with you, I just wish the camera work was better if what you say is so. I can't see WS in her eyes from your posted photo, looks more like a camera image, but what he says then makes sense if he sees himself in her eyes. Since the director likes closeups so much I am surprised the camera didn't capture the reflected image here or maybe another editing mishap.

• Like 9

@magdale Yes, you're right. It is also out of fear that he is saying it too. We know for sure that Wang So prefers attacking before people notices his vulnerability. 

• Like 17

besides SAY YES songby punch & loco, I also find this song by AKMU has nice tune with some rap, actually I'm getting used to it after awhile (even I complained about the rap in the beginning hehe...), has it also been released ? can anyone share download link (please pm me) thank you 

• Like 18

@Yongzura I think I may know why you cant see the signature, because when I access this thread using my mobile I dont as well. 

Here is the link to the filming location, its the first post on this page

• Like 11

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I don't think it would be all that hard for Su to "move on" from Uk as I'm in the camp that doesn't really think that Su is in love with Uk even if she thinks she is. I don't know why we assume that she is just because they do text book romancing. She's vulnerable too. Finding herself transported to the founding of the Goryeo dynasty still in the grip of birth pains, wondering where she fits in, trying to survive as an anachronism messing with history, all on top of having  experienced betrayal in a relationship breakup in the 21st century.

erm, the problem is, when she was looking at the moon, she said she like him, wants to be with him :tears: He is handsome, kind, scholarly and a perfect gentleman....

• Like 15

1 minute ago, qwenli said:

erm, the problem is, when she was looking at the moon, she said she like him, wants to be with him :tears:

Yes, but liking for me means that the feelings are not so strong like love. 

• Like 18

10 hours ago, peacelovelove said:

Hi guys! I'm a new member and I'm so happy to be joining you to discuss on this beautiful drama! 

While waiting for the next episode, I can't stop looking at the preview of episode 8 and I have a crazy theory of what might happen and I need to know what you guys think about it...

Reveal hidden contents

First, this crazy idea came to me when I saw the picture posted by Gabi Bros on page 430.

In my opinion this picture is coming from episode 8 because Wang So costume is different from the one we saw him wearing in episode 7. (The costume is orange and the arms are black) So that means Hae Soo will probably come back water the trees and talk to them.

So after I saw this picture, the scene from episode 7 when Wang So is naming trees comes to my mind. He said "And this mulberry tree, the fruits make one pass gas. Fartie?" (Translations from drama love).

So knowing that Hae Soo tends to defend people who are mistreating, I think there is a possibility that Hae Soo will try to get revenge on the 3rd prince for what he did to Wang So by serving him "Fartie" fruit. (We can see in episode 7 that it's Hae Soo who  is serving tea to the 3rd prince...) Lol! If she serves him "Fartie" fruit and the 3rd prince begins to fart before the king and his brothers...The humiliation that he will feel...

And that idea might explain why we see in the preview of episode 8 the angry queen pulling Hae Soo hair with the 3rd prince behind her... And why BaekAh is smiling to Hae Soo and being secretive....And why we see Wang So dreaming again under the stars.... :P

What you guys think? Is this idea too crazy?

HAHAHAHAHAHA I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT HAPPEN!!!!
But I would dread the punishment that would follow.

• Like 16

thanks guys for the explanation. i could not mention for all the member that has explained to me about the development between our Wang So and Hae Soo. It makes me giddy and sad in the same time. I think it's gonna be tragic since we knew the ending ( i googled all the things that connected for this drama and it made my head dizzy)

one more question guys since in the chinese version there's no Court Lady Oh, will she be another witch bicchy like the evil queen or she would turn into Hae Soo's side like Lady Hae ? and why i have a gut and feeling this woman is actually like a lover of the King :D 

mind me to explain hehe :D 

• Like 13

hello fellow fans of moon lovers. I am a lurker of this forum, I keep coming back to this page to read your opinions, feedbacks, pov and not to forget the spoilers hahaha. I haven't made a comeback to soompi since Another Oh Hae Young and that was months ago lol. I must admit, I've fallen in love, deep deep deep love with this drama <3

Anyway, just want to ask whether the original version (the novel and C-drama) is based on true history? It amazed me that k-version is following very closely (as for now) to c-version without leaving out the Goryeo history.

P.S I never watch/read the c-version.

• Like 14

Just now, ruzikie said:

thanks guys for the explanation. i could not mention for all the member that has explained to me about the development between our Wang So and Hae Soo. It makes me giddy and sad in the same time. I think it's gonna be tragic since we knew the ending ( i googled all the things that connected for this drama and it made my head dizzy)

one more question guys since in the chinese version there's no Court Lady Oh, will she be another witch bicchy like the evil queen or she would turn into Hae Soo's side like Lady Hae ? and why i have a gut and feeling this woman is actually like a lover of the King :D 

mind me to explain hehe :D 

I think Lady Oh is like a really strict but good hearted teacher who will lead HaeSoo's way to become more mature in the palace. oh and the king does have a moment of thinking when mentioning lady Oh so i guess they were past lovers or something:)). I feel like lady Oh wil probably be a victim of the throne's battle. if she gets closer to HaeSoo she could be manipulated to harm her later on :P 

• Like 13

5 hours ago, DJG said:

I never thought I would utter these words, but this is one drama that would have benefited from more episodes. By limiting themselves to about half of the original's episode run, they really do not have room to flesh out all the characters, story lines/plots. There are 13 episodes left, and still so much story to tell:

Reveal hidden contents

- There are 2 throne changes that needs to occur, before 4th gets it.

- Hae Soo, needs to fall out of love with 8th prince and in love with 4th - but at this point, she is still in the process of falling in love with 8th! So how exactly will this work, without making her look like a flighty bird, with no true understanding of love. Part of the reason some Kdrama watchers have a hard time with this show, is the idea of the female lead, genuinely falling in love with both male leads. In Kdrama world, usually no matter how good the second male lead is, the female lead, always sticks to the first male lead. But the original was able to convey the relationship with 4th and 8th over a span of many years, so you could understand a young Rouxi falling in love with the ideal image she made of 8th prince, while a older/mature Rouxi slowly falling in love with 4th prince, even without the dashing, swoon her off her feet acts of the latter. But how are they going to fit that into 13 episodes, with so many things still to happen?

- 4th prince still needs to marry his sister, and all the ramifications that carries

- 8th prince isn't even a contestant for the throne yet, as 3rd prince and crown prince are still on the scene

- 10th prince needs to be forced into an alliance marriage

- Haven't even covered the dethroned princess, hiding as a pauper story line (why is this even an addition in a 20 episode drama, that hasn't even covered the stories of its main characters yet?)

- the astronomer, Lady Oh, the queens, the possible betrayal of Chae Ryung, etc.

Wonder how all this will fit in, without causing more rapid scene jumps, editing cuts, etc. Don't get me wrong, I like the drama and enjoy watching, and the writer has done a phenomenal job fitting the drama from Chinese history to Korean history, but the rest of the team - the producer, director, music supervisor, editors, etc. have hampered this drama from attaining its full potential.

For some reason, before it aired I was under the impression this series would have 32 episodes. It's a real shame it doesn't :\

• Like 8

i think its not fair for us to keep comparing Wang So and Wang Wook as they are the total opposite. i love the fact that they made this two men are of the same age but their character is so different. This is due to genetics and also the upbringing.

As we are already aware that Wang So comes from a very powerful clan. I bet the male in this clan are all alpha male and the female as well (just look as how powerful his mother is, tho evil). Besidesthe rough life he experience growing up also shape him into who he is. Showing emotion and soft side is not his forte as showing soft spot kinda reveal your weakness. 

As for Wook, he already bear a great responsibility since young too. As the head of the family, he took care of his family when they were thrown out of palace. And the fact that his mother originally is a maiden (there's a scene that reveal that, conv between 3rd Queen and 4th Queen), that is why Wook is always careful and calculative in his behavior. n if i'm not mistaken he is the smartest among all princes as he doesn't need any tutors. He learns on his own. I don't think he has hidden agenda or what not, he just behave the way he should be as he knew where he stands (just like how Baek ah behave. Baek Ah knew that he can nvr be chosen as CP so he back off earlier n living the life he wants). 

Since their behavior is very different, i think they love differently also. I don't think both of them love Hae Soo any less just that they show it differently. Being a warm person just like his name 'morning sun', Wook is more gentle and caring. You will find comfort in him and its hard to reject him as Hae Soo is aware that he is always there to offer help. He wants to make sure that Hae Soo get away from being a palce maid the right way (eg he going to grant permision from king). He doesn't want to get Soo freedom illegally. 

As for So, he is a go getter guy. So always ask Hae Soo to act base on her own will. He always get Hae Soo to think about what ever decision she made. N he has his own way to cover Hae Soo. Being out of palace, he know about outside world and this is an advantage for him. The way he chanel his emotion is different but we know for sure, he is already fond of Hae Soo. 

As for Hae Soo, as the drama progress she actually love both prince. it is not something unusual that we can love two person at a same time. But as a woman, normally we need to choose who is the best for us. I dont think Wook is a rebound for Hae Soo. SHe love Wook for his warm personality. Wook's gentleness captures her heart (well who doesn't waver if being treated by Wook like that). and with So later on, Soo falls in love because she get to learn how damage is Wang So inside. N ithink her love for So will start from sympathy. She may really want to mend the broken soul of So and in the process she fell in love. 

Just sharing my idea. I think let just love both prince as the way they are. PEace. 

• Like 24