Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Hi, eclipses! Do you ever sleep, eat or work? I read a lot )))) 

can now only qweekly say few words

In the last scene of 07 - it couldn't be said louder about love, that WS deed with his eyes only! HS will understand, with all his sincere look, and a touching sound of his voice, I can bet she can't sleep this night, rethink ing all that

And earlier I said, he is aware of feelings from the beginning, but in 07 he is totally confused and angry about loosing control. He even accidentally shown YH a smile. He considers that was a dangerous mistake, I mean - to loose control makes his beloved people come to risks

So will take action next ep, for sure. 

I have many thoughts and no time to write them down ))) thank you all chingus for keeping me interested through that time till Monday )))

• Like 14

1 hour ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

@bold... exactly thats what I think about this gal...like she has all the qualities (you name and its there) and i dont think she will back off anyway to get that power what she is dreaming  to have.

Her feelings for So...ahh i still cant read them as pure black and white (power hunger or love carving) but rather grey (power hunger induced by love) cause she knows only WSs beside her can give her immense power. among all her siblings Yo and So are the only ones who can match upto her power seeker ambitious gal but she know Yo is pure evil while So is different. That might be the reason she has kept him as her sole target (of love).. but yes if your prediction is correct she is on love with So and then power is her secondary motto to be around him. Be it whatever the case case love or power she can go extreme limits to vanish Soo from WSs life once she gets to know how much WS-HS relationship has progressed.

And that scene...its not WW exactly said forgot abt it but his words were  both me and mother has forgot about the incident, why cant you too. He is hovering again but at least not in front of HS and did show his feelings openly and i am happy for that. Regarding throne, reason him being that passive can be to show how much HS effected his personality as once he was so against to fight for throne and even his own sister could not convince him and then hr fought just to have HS in his life.

You are right about YH feeling is not a black and white thing. She is very interesting as a character. She is hateable but in certain way she is pitifull too. 

As I think about again, YH feeling for So is mix feeling. There is a little bit of like, there is a little bit of fascination, but love is strong word. I won't be using it to them until it's proven. She wants to tame the beast. If she loves him, she will not say that. But it is true that she fond of him and care about him (the scene where she mend his wound). 

I don't think she will consider So if she want to marries to power. So is scarred. His chance to become king is slimmer than Wook. That's why she back up Wook so much to become king. I don't know why she doesn't want to marry Yo. If it is power she seeks, she should marry Yo. That's the closest fastest way to get it. 

About Wook.. That's why I said So should develop his feeling a lot faster and take away the girl. Wook's character would not see any big development until that day comes. Wook's feeling for Soo is a mountain, the main purpose for him to smile and breath. He taught her feeling is the same too. I think Wook will think So take away Soo without her consent. That's why he will become beserk. 

It will interesting to watch his character change and shift. 

• Like 16

@MadraRua that scene is adorable! :wub: I love that So unconsciously get carry away lowering his guards down and genuinely smiling. But then he feel flustered and runs away to calm himself. LOL. 

I backtrack a little and saw a post (I forgot by who.. :sweatingbullets: Sorry) criticised IU's singing skill in that scene because she sounds out of breath. LOL. Sweety, you might forgot that she's acting here as your normal everyday girl, not a professional singer. if she hits all the note confidently like the way she used to, it may come across unnatural and start breaking the 4th wall by behaving like herself. She needs to tone down her ability a bit, and just barely holding out a tune to make it sound believable. 

I recall jung eunji in sassy go go also tries to tone down her singing ability a bit whenever there's a scene that requires singing. Maybe singer turn actress need to shy away a bit from their ability to make it more natural to the viewers and try to distinct their real self and the role they're playing. 

• Like 22

9 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

angel1-onion-head-emoticon.gifSong Bird in the Garden angel2-onion-head-emoticon.gif

I love this scene. They are all smitten by her performance but Wang So is ENTHRALLED by her. I think he stopped listening to the lyrics at one point just to take her in. The penny has finally dropped for him. He's in love:wub:

Words ! That explains how the music sneak in while Hae Soo sings, the whole point of view of that scene shifted to So. Seems like he was taken into somewhere else. Also the lyrics speaks a lot about them both. 

Spoiler

tumblr_odi20b7Vlw1vyoyyvo1_500.gif

/ gif

30 minutes ago, junee22 said:

like our meant to them..their fans :)

I'm sure many of us still had a lot of love for this drama..Hwaiting!!!

Dear, those words tugged my heart. So  this is more of a Lee Jun Ki fan post so here

Spoiler

Okay I have to admit ,i had two impressions when the pre-production news were announced:

1. I was excited, JG is back---but wait with a sageuk and a remake adaptation? Okay...okay..For the love of him, let's do this ! From then on , I decided to take SHR as my next personal drama spazz in this forum. Whatever happens to the results, it sail high or will go down low..I am boarding in !

2.I didn't take into much consideration about his female lead star because I still dig for the story. How the drama will be presented to viewers. Quality not only at face value but on its content. When Lee Ji Eun was announced, I was skeptical. But I read favorable, objective reviews from her Producer act. So yeah, let's go. 

Came the first three episodes, and I must admit after the director's cut I was in awe wondering where the pre-production perks go. I read some excerpts from @ruizaio in LJG Forum Thread (Of which I wish it was also reposted here because it is indeed an insider access in korean audience ) , I was baffled to know that the production time was not enough for them to polish everything. If only there was an organized time management, or extra lead time to allow the production to review all their materials for a 20-episode material. (Nirvana in Fire, a 50 episode production for example took a year to produce and the result is grand on its own) . If only.

But eventually the fans can just take whatever the remaining dish have to be in the menu. The international and China franchise is compromised because of the rushed post production (editing and completing the sequence) of this drama. SBS is the saving grace for the improved version of the series but how ironic that korean viewers (tho in actual the AGB rating system is not enough to gauge a drama success as proven by Youku viewers. ) shunned this drama and didn't take another chance to show what it can offer. 

Sigh.

I guess from this point on, it is a matter of choice if we will go on supporting and keep on appreciating the good things about this drama . We may still pinpoint the flaws but identifying them is already enough, asking for why's is no longer unanswerable due to constraints brought about the preproduction . Expect more confusion for the next 13 episodes due to re-editing of SBS version. But then how can I myself can complain if am viewing this drama thru "backdoor" avenue. We don't even have Channel One Asia in my country. :D

I can feel how JG fans are quite disappointed/frustrated about how the drama turned out not in the expectation that we ought to hope for him. He is a risk taker and sometimes it can make his fans nod or disapprove about it. But I was smiling to remember his IG Post (oh gosh, why am tearing up while writing this part) when he reminds his fans to smile. He didn't expect at that moment, after a shock rating of episode 1-3 for his IG followers to shoot by 200k in just a month. To quote what he said:

“Whether my acting will please or disappoint the viewers, I can't reselect it anymore. Apparently, it is those people around me who have trust in me and recognised what I have been through in completion of my works.  Finally, I have become king (Laugh)"

14344339_1452415098105215_38722118741603

• Like 24

Guest DJG

I never thought I would utter these words, but this is one drama that would have benefited from more episodes. By limiting themselves to about half of the original's episode run, they really do not have room to flesh out all the characters, story lines/plots. There are 13 episodes left, and still so much story to tell:

Spoiler

- There are 2 throne changes that needs to occur, before 4th gets it.

- Hae Soo, needs to fall out of love with 8th prince and in love with 4th - but at this point, she is still in the process of falling in love with 8th! So how exactly will this work, without making her look like a flighty bird, with no true understanding of love. Part of the reason some Kdrama watchers have a hard time with this show, is the idea of the female lead, genuinely falling in love with both male leads. In Kdrama world, usually no matter how good the second male lead is, the female lead, always sticks to the first male lead. But the original was able to convey the relationship with 4th and 8th over a span of many years, so you could understand a young Rouxi falling in love with the ideal image she made of 8th prince, while a older/mature Rouxi slowly falling in love with 4th prince, even without the dashing, swoon her off her feet acts of the latter. But how are they going to fit that into 13 episodes, with so many things still to happen?

- 4th prince still needs to marry his sister, and all the ramifications that carries

- 8th prince isn't even a contestant for the throne yet, as 3rd prince and crown prince are still on the scene

- 10th prince needs to be forced into an alliance marriage

- Haven't even covered the dethroned princess, hiding as a pauper story line (why is this even an addition in a 20 episode drama, that hasn't even covered the stories of its main characters yet?)

- the astronomer, Lady Oh, the queens, the possible betrayal of Chae Ryung, etc.

Wonder how all this will fit in, without causing more rapid scene jumps, editing cuts, etc. Don't get me wrong, I like the drama and enjoy watching, and the writer has done a phenomenal job fitting the drama from Chinese history to Korean history, but the rest of the team - the producer, director, music supervisor, editors, etc. have hampered this drama from attaining its full potential.

38 minutes ago, IAmSoulReader said:

@bebebisous33 I really liked your analysis so far! Regarding your last comment I'd just like to add one thing as you already mentioned Wang So's inner motivation to survive - whatever the cost.
What he and Hae Soo have in common is, in fact, their deep wish to survive no matter what hardships are lying ahead of them. They might have completely different ways of reaching this goal (while Wang So lashes out to people who hurt him, Hae Soo will even sacrifice herself as long as she gets to live), but regarding this they have a mutual understanding. Both of them are not the type to kneel down and surrender to the fate their presented with. 

If no one will come to save me, i'll have to save myself.  Both of them experienced this very situation more than once. They know what it's like to not being able to trust that your family will come to save you from a dreadful destiny. They understand each other better than anyone regarding this. They can relate to each other and bond over it. Unlike others, they don't have a safety net to catch them. Hence, life for them is not necessarily about rising to the top (like some of the other nobles are aiming for). I believe they will only do so in order to survive. They just want to live, because even something as simple as living is not easy to accomplish for them. 

Thanks a lot for the compliment which I can also return! red crabI also enjoyed reading your long and detailled posts as well good job onion head. I agree with your analysis. Both have a lot in common, despise their different personalities:

- both victims of betrayal

- rejection: she witnessed how her boyfriend and best friend pushed her,

- both treated like something disposable

- both can't use their family in order to help them: like she said, you need to be from an important family in order to be well treated

That's why they developped this strength, this pure will of survival and because of their bad experiences, they learnt not try to rely on anyone. Hae Soo told exactly this to Wang Wook and she showed it to Wang So. It is interesting that Wang So who often talks to her is not trying to help her because she wouldn't like it. On the other hand, he gives her the tools how to survive: he gives her valuable advices (twice) so that we can say that he helps her in a different way.

• Like 19

@MAROSA_JIN When I watched the video and Hong Jong Hyun came on he kept looking at Lee Joon gi as he spoke about his role as the bad guy. To me it felt like even the actor himself still felt apologetic towards Wang So... lol I must say, he does a pretty good job at playing the character. I already hate his face whenever it's comes out on the show and we haven't even reached the middle of the drama yet. I will never be able to look the same way at guys with large earrings again. :D:sweatingbullets:

• Like 15

56 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

I wonder where exactly are the shooting locations.  At least it helps to promote the place for a traveller like me ;) .  I love the one at the lake, where there were only the two of them talking. 

Hide contents

However, can't help be reminded of the beautiful lake scenery where the 4th Prince took Ruoxi.

Please refer to the link in my signature for the locations.:)

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

You are right about YH feeling is not a black and white thing. She is very interesting as a character. She is hateable but in certain way she is pitifull too. 

As I think about again, YH feeling for So is mix feeling. There is a little bit of like, there is a little bit of fascination, but love is strong word. I won't be using it to them until it's proven. She wants to tame the beast. If she loves him, she will not say that. But it is true that she fond of him and care about him (the scene where she mend his wound). 

I don't think she will consider So if she want to marries to power. So is scarred. His chance to become king is slimmer than Wook. That's why she back up Wook so much to become king. I don't know why she doesn't want to marry Yo. If it is power she seeks, she should marry Yo. That's the closest fastest way to get it. 

About Wook.. That's why I said So should develop his feeling a lot faster and take away the girl. Wook's character would not see any big development until that day comes. Wook's feeling for Soo is a mountain, the main purpose for him to smile and breath. He taught her feeling is the same too. I think Wook will think So take away Soo without her consent. That's why he will become beserk. 

It will interesting to watch his character change and shift. 

I disagree with you. Yeon Hwa can't marry Yo because she would suffer the exact same fate than her mother. She would be a wife among others and she would be depend of Yo's good will. What Yeon Hwa wants is to become The Queen and not just Queen. She has the same dream than Queen Yoo, yet the latter never succeeded therefore she is trying to use Yo in order to become The Queen. And this is the other reason why Yeon Hwa can never marry Yo. When Yo becomes the king, the Queen will be his mother. She will be the one who shines the most.

Yo's proposition seems tempting, but it is like with the snake, when it talked to Adam (Bible). His points were correct. If her brother becomes the king, she will only remain the princess. However, since she has such an influence on Wang Wook, she could become the Queen in the shadow. Moreover, she would be less depend than with Yo. 

• Like 22

Funny thing to me is, I always wonder and worry wether HS will do something to change history since she can't remember it herself, but then I think, she already changed history, she made soap !! Soaps didn't exist in that time, she'll be known as the mother of beauty, lol 

• Like 16

13 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I disagree with you. Yeon Hwa can't marry Yo because she would suffer the exact same fate than her mother. She would be a wife among others and she would be depend of Yo's good will. What Yeon Hwa wants is to become The Queen and not just Queen. She has the same dream than Queen Yoo, yet the latter never succeeded therefore she is trying to use Yo in order to become The Queen. And this is the other reason why Yeon Hwa can never marry Yo. When Yo becomes the king, the Queen will be his mother. She will be the one who shines the most.

Yo's proposition seems tempting, but it is like with the snake, when it talked to Adam (Bible). His points were correct. If her brother becomes the king, she will only remain the princess. However, since she has such an influence on Wang Wook, she could become the Queen in the shadow. Moreover, she would be less depend than with Yo. 

Yes, you are right and your argument is spot on too. It is true that The evilishername Queen mother will be likely to shine the most if Yo become king. But if we look other option (there isn't a lot) the most reasonable choice to be what she wants right now is Yo. Wook chance to become King is not as much because his family status is lower than Yo's family status. That's why Wook is careful. He is trying to set his basic as politician first because he know his background is not very helpful. Yo knew this too, that's why he said that to YH. WS chance to become king is slimmer than Wook if we want to based it on how people in that era thinks. They value beauty very much. So's scare is seen as a disgrace. That's why his mother abandon him. He is no use for her because she tought he can not become king. 

That's the basic of my thinking. :)

Well Yo and YH is peas in a pot anyway. It's like a snake make a deal to a larger snake. If the writer decide to ditch history, they should make Yo as YH husband. I want to see what their house hold looks like hahaha. But I think they will make YH marry So. It will create more intersting story and the basic of Soo's pain. 

• Like 16

A big thank you to those who have used your wonderful IT skills to post those lovely BTS gifs. I know often BTS can itself be a kind of fan service but IU just isn't like that. 

Junki is such a talent! He can talk to horses and knows how to flirt with IU! She's really very shy but she didn't seem to mind Junki's playfulness. Poor Ha Neul! He could only watch from afar when JK grabbed IU' wrist to kiss/bite it!

• Like 20

19 hours ago, getsuya said:

Hi! I was only a silent lurker up till now but I have some ideas on my mind that I would like to share.

It's about the premonition. I have watched it repeatedly at least ten times and it seems as it shows the death of three kings.

The 1st is obviously kingTeajo - we can clearly see his face, but the second and the third are different men I think. It is possible that the k-ver drama will go according to the history and WS will become the 4th king after CR and Yo. The face of the 3rd king is blurred but it looks much like a young man's. Also, Soo remembers that Gwangjong is the 4th king and not the next as she thought at the beginning. But HOW that manage to fit it into 20 episodes is a mystery to me!!:blink:

Please share your thoughts. Or maybe someone has already written about that? :sweatingbullets:

One more, it is a question related to C-version of MLSHR. Major spoilers inside!

Reveal hidden contents

In c-drama 4th prince (king at that time) finds about Ruoxi and 8th romance very late - like last episode or one before! I really hated that part. It has hurt 4th prince very much and was a direct reason he allowed the marriage between Ruoxi and 14th prince.

Unfortunately, there is nothing showing that WS knows/suspects about Soo and WW feelings. What do you think?

I would hate it if the director would do it the c-version way!!!! :tears:

To answer your question in the spoiler: yes, WS will soon find out about WW-Soo's affair  (LJG said it himself in the cast interview) And soon WS will get jealous with Wook, and becomes obsessed with Haesoo, and then he keeps getting very jealous later on :sweatingbullets:  I hope So won't be too insecure because of it. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 21

@skxz I really loved your very good analysis about Yeon Hwa. good job onion head I agree with you that her character is much more complex than she appears first. Yes, she is using her brother to get what she wants that's why Wang So's description really fits her as well: "You can't trust anyone, especially the one close to you". Yeon Hwa is a more cold-hearted and level-headed person than her brother and even Wang So in my opinion. I can't forget the scene, when Yeon Hwa, her mother and lady Hae met Queen Yoo and at the end, lady Hae took her hand in order to comfort her. Wook's wife knew exactly what Yeon Hwa was feeling: upset and mad. However, Yeon Hwa pushed the hand away showing that she doesn't care about empathy and feelings. Wang So is in that matter different. However, she is not cold-hearted and evil like Yo because she felt sorry for Wang So's humiliation. She is able to feel empathy. Yet her calculative nature makes her less emotional and sensitive. She is so different from Wang So because despise his cold and distant behaviour, he is the exact opposite: very emotional.

Just like him, she had a traumatic experience and I guess, she suffered much more than her brother, since she is a woman and as such, her status is much lower. Actually, she is a little different from Wang So and Hae Soo. She thinks, she needs someone to save herself, so as such she is trying to relying on someone. On the other hand she is looking for someone who will need her as well so that the relationship is more equal.

Finally, that explains why she is jealous of Hae Soo

because Yeon Hwa had thought, if she could show interest towards Wang So, he would come close to her so that she could manipulate him and turn him into a human. Yet "showing interest" (an expression she used herself) is not the same than showing care and affection therefore she misjudged Wang So's personality. She never thought, he could have feelings as he seems to be so calm and level-headed. Secondly, when she mentioned "turn him into a human", she had something else in her mind: the human should behave exactly like her: ambitious, selfish, ready to defend his Queen, cold-hearted and calculating. Striking is that Wang So is right now transforming himself, he is turning into a human, but a different kind: someone who is more honest, sensitive to others, less selfish, less brutal and able to socialise. So her jealousy towards Hae Soo doesn't come from her heart, I mean by it that she is not really competing for Wang So's affections as such. It is just that Hae Soo is ruining Yeon hwa's plan, as she can't have any influence on Wang So. Her plan was to get a hold of Wang So, influence him so that she could get what she wants, but with Hae Soo by his side, it makes it impossible. This also elucidates why Yeon Hwa is so eager to get rid of Hae Soo after the singing. She doesn't want her to have more influence on Wang So and the other princes because she needs a relative to achieve her goal.

• Like 23