[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

33 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

I am just wondering, Lady hae comes from an influential family right? that was one of the reasons why WW got married to her in the first place. to restore some honor to the family. So if she comes from an influential family then shouldnt the same apply to HS?

technically she doesnt belong to WW household right? i mean she is not married to any of them, she is only related by her cousin. so how can they actually do what they want with her? although i understand in ancient times the king can do anything he wants to anyone regardless. but still, i am just wondering why they could treat her that way?

Hmm... maybe Lady Hae's family is influential but that only extends to her immediate family? Perhaps her father's or mother's sibling who's the parent of Hae Soo isn't as well off? Though, someone did say in the preview, it was 'a Hae household affair' so perhaps that meant it is approved and arranged by her family? Since she was sent to WW's house to take care of her sick cousin, and said cousin is now dead, they might be thinking of making use of her by marrying her off or something. But maybe someone else orchestrated it or brought it up in the first place like other theories suggest, like YeonHwa etc. 

• Like 12

56 minutes ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

‘Scarlet Heart: Ryeo’ scores highest in content power

SBS‘ period drama “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo” ranked the highest in the contents power index in the first week of September, despite being behind on viewer ratings. 

According to CJ E&M, “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo” recorded a total of 294.3 points.

“Moonlight Drawn By Clouds” managed to secure second place with 274.4 points, followed by MBC‘s popular variety show “Infinite Challenge,” with 251.7 points and the drama “W” with 220.8 points.

This comes as an unexpected surprise for SBS considering the drama only has 6 to 7 percent viewership, as opposed to its Monday-Tuesday competitor, KBS 2TV’s “Moonlight Drawn by Clouds,” which has a viewership of around 20 percent. 

These figures could be an indication that “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo” will see a similar boost in viewership like “Moonlight Drawn by Clouds” did.

By Lee Sang-won (sangdoze@heraldcorp.com)

http://www.topstarnews.net/detail.php?number=212717

actually this drama became hots & hits everywhere now but ... the rating (around 5-7%) make some people especially Korean think SH drama not good.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, solelylurking said:

In this vers, and Wang So is being Wang So, I think he will marry her anyway eventhough the sky disapprove. He is not known for caring what others thingking nor care about politics. Even in the history, I think I read it somewher in this thread, he was known to killed off opponents who disaggreing with him (please cmiiw). 

I hope it will be happy ending. 

That's right, historically Wang So was a brutal and drastic king, the entire Korea was living in fear back in the day when he was a ruler. Unlike his father, King Wang So didn't blink an eye about the noble clans, he just simply purged those Richard Simmons and killed them all before they could have a chance to make an impact on anything. I think if So becomes king, no one can take Haesoo away from him, even Haesoo herself  (lol I won't doubt that obsessive man) maybe only until death do them part like what they wrote in Wang So's character description.

• Like 20

Hi guys! I decided to join soompi and jump to the discussion because I love how supportive and lively this thread is. :wub:Apologies if my English feel awkward as it's not my first language, but hopefully all of you get what I'm trying to say teehee. :sweatingbullets:

Despite not so smooth editing and weird directing style in first two episodes, I got hooked with the story and really enjoyed moon lovers. 

Can't wait for tonight's episode! 

Based on preview if I could guess the storyline, haesoo marriage is a king's order. My guess is at first there's marriage proposal from Kang's clan for the king to give a suitable bride choosen by King as an exchange of Prince So. At first the logical first choice is Princess yeonhwa, but she refused and with her smarts she managed to convince the king (probably with a little help from evil Queen to get rid of Soo since she becomes too close to the Princes and received a good impression from the king)  to choose hae soo instead. From here things get complicated as king's order is something that must be abide, so work's mother cannot grant hae mung last wishes to accept Soo as daughter in law and wook with his image and obligations cannot go against king's order. Knowing how Kang's clan treat him So is the only one who can save soo and ask jimong to think of a plan because he is a king's advisor, only jimong can convince the king and they're running out of time which is why So is looking angry and impatience to jimong who act like a bystander reluctant to get involve with "history". 

• Like 17

Looks like everyone loves and can't get enough of Lee Jun Ki. Can't blame them... He has been nothing short of fantastic here and he really brings something else to the table... aside from raw bloody violence that is. ;) The anguish... angst, the hidden fires and the tortured vulnerability. It's killing me... killing me. Overlooked by his father, spurned and scorned by mama, despised by his brothers, Wang So is the underdog (or underwolf) that I totally dig. 

(If they ever make a K version of The Scarlet Pimpernel, LJK should play Sir Percy. He would be so good except that they need to do it soon because he ain't getting any younger. Yeah, yeah... I know he's said he's taking a long break from sageuks but still...)

While I'm one of those who believe that Hae Soo could quite easily end up with any of those lads, I really, really want to see Wang So get some serious action in the romance department. I am so ready for that... yesterday. He is the one I root for even if in the end he gets seduced by the dark side in toto. But... despite my impatience... I think HS does need to get #8 out of her system. Or at the very least the rest of us have to. #8 is gorgeous, charming and gentle... so on paper he should be the man that she chooses. And especially now that his wife departed from the land of the living, they are free to send each other soap and erotic poems to their hearts' content. So what is it that puts them out of one another's reach? Fate or fortune? Wang So? Guilt? Indecisiveness? Social conventions? I believe that has to be dealt with properly.

It's like someone said yesterday or the day before. Wang So can't be just second choice. I myself think they're soul mates. At the rock shrine area what she said stopped him in his tracks. He told her he killed people to horrify and repulse her... to keep her away from him. But all she had for him was pity and she slayed him with empathy:

You are injured. Do you have any other injuries?

I told you that I killed people.

Then tell me why you killed them? DId you do it for fun?

Go, go.

This is that kind of place, isn't it? You have to wield a sword at a very young age. You have to kill others if you want to live. What can you do? It's not a crime to want to live. You probably won't be forgiven. Still I understand you, how you're feeling right now. It must be so miserable. I think I can relate.

In just saying all that... she breaks him. The wild man who has fought wolves, slain men and struck fear in the hearts of his nearest kin... drops to his knees. 

She has seen him at his worst but not repulsed. She quiets his soul with her sincerity and touches his heart. Second choice... I doubt it. But their journey will be a hard one. Very hard.

• Like 24

23 minutes ago, Maria Brimstone said:

Hmm... maybe Lady Hae's family is influential but that only extends to her immediate family? Perhaps her father's or mother's sibling who's the parent of Hae Soo isn't as well off? Though, someone did say in the preview, it was 'a Hae household affair' so perhaps that meant it is approved and arranged by her family? Since she was sent to WW's house to take care of her sick cousin, and said cousin is now dead, they might be thinking of making use of her by marrying her off or something. But maybe someone else orchestrated it or brought it up in the first place like other theories suggest, like YeonHwa etc. 

hmm that does sound right, perhaps it was HS family that decided what to do with her. lets see what happens tonight..

• Like 5

@LyraYoo  @meahri_1 or anyone who mentioned before (sorry,I forgot the names..there were too many pages to catch up lol) are we going to do the hashtag again and retweet 1 hour before the show?is it already decided? 

@qwenli I'll wait for your live recaps with subs..hehehe..patiently..(not patient at all!! ) Aaaccckkk!! I miss my LJG..I mean Wang So :phew: 

• Like 9

okay i maybe need a time to calm down after watching that preview.... 

WS and HS?? in eps 1 he just casually throw HS down with no feeling whatsoever but here how calm and gentle he is handling HS when she want to go down from the horse.. also when he ask no regret?? he just do that in front of everybody without caring that he actually CARE for HS.. and that little brave smile that HS put on show affect him deeply cause he know how HS feeling at that point.. 

WS refused to see HS go but when HS look at him i think he realize that HS need support from him and silently watch HS go.. that moment when HS smile in the carriage i pretty sure WS already fall in love with how brave HS is.. 

that scene is everything for me... WS show how much he care for her.. the wolf dog and cold hearted guy can be as gentle with women that he care... 

p.s HS smile to assure everybody she will be fine just make that scene double sad tbh... :(

• Like 18

You know while Wang Wook is not bad per se, I would say he is no different from the other brothers when he warned Wang So how nothing in the palace belongs to him or his. The time when Wang So stopped his half sis from beating up Hae Soo. SO, I guess WW is bit of a hypocrite, he hurts people like his wife or Wang so while behaving like he is kind or gentle, he can actually be cruel.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Yippeuni said:

Soo : Do you really won't regret it?

HS : Don't worry about me, go ...(?)

JM : Please step inside my lady..(?)

leaf9leaf9leaf9

Waaaaaaaaaaaa....HS yaaaaaa.......the scene is yet so sad...JM personally come to pick her up, maybe based on King order??? coz no way if its based on crazy eomma order. And the princes looks so worry yet powerless...so I bet its the king order. 

It's sad to see Eun and Jung worrying HS. 

Wook definitely can do much, but he is pinned down to his ground by what?

Seems like Wook and Soo plan is ruin since JM come and take HS by himself.

And after that I bet its HS in wedding dress scene and the she cut her wrist.....I can imagine how Soo will be mad next to find out that cut....even based on the preview on Naver I can tell another emotion on Soo eyes at HS.

I think JM must have said something to HS about changing history if she ran away, and while she and WS was riding away she probably changed her mind and decided to go back.  It looks like there will be more WW/HS romancing before our SoSoo couple gets their act together judging from the longing glances she sends to Wook. :angry: 

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, junee22 said:

@LyraYoo  @meahri_1 or anyone who mentioned before (sorry,I forgot the names..there were too many pages to catch up lol) are we going to do the hashtag again and retweet 1 hour before the show?is it already decided? 

@qwenli I'll wait for your live recaps with subs..hehehe..patiently..(not patient at all!! ) Aaaccckkk!! I miss my LJG..I mean Wang So :phew: 

I have bad news. I don't think we can use #eclipse because it brings ups the Twilight series. But we can go with #eclipseSHR.

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@solelylurking

Honestly, noone is hating Wang Wook here, but yes, some of us (like me) criticised him. However just by doing this doesn't mean that we hate him. From critic to hate, there is a huge gap. Furthermore the world is not just black and white, just like Wang So. The latter might have been neglected and abused, yet he can be a dangerous and violent man. So Wang Wook might be a nice and well-mannered person, yet he is not that good either. 

The main reproach has been that he is too passive, when it comes to Hae Soo. People mentioned that the origin of his passivitiy is that he has much more responsabilities than Wang So, who was never been raised like him and has no family. Wang So has always been apart from social conventions, nonetheless this point doesn't justify Wang Wook's passivity, since we saw that Wang Wook can be decisive and very quick by making decisions. Let me give you one example:When the king asked the princes about dethroning Mu, Wang Wook was the first to react and he was followed by the others. They were all put under pressure, he needed to think quickly and make sure that his family is safe. He was able to handle the situation pretty well.

Later in the episode 4, when they were before the king again, Wang So confessed that he was the one who killed the monks and destroyed the temple.hat Wang So did was really dangerous, but Wang Wook supported Wang So by justifying Wang So's actions. As we can observe, Wang Wook has learnt to deal with pressure and to keep his family safe. So in my opinion, his situation doesn't justify his behaviour. Now back the main reproach: his passivity towards Hae Soo. He didn't stop the whipping, he didn't interrupt Baek Ah, when the latter was yelling at Hae Soo. He could have intervened here too by saying that he was the main culprit, but he never did. But in my opinion, he is not just passive towards Hae Soo, but also towards lady Hae. For the whole time he had been married, he never said anything about his feelings towards her so that lady Hae always thought, he never loved her. We all know, he did, even if it was a different love. His passivity is even more visible, when the prince wanted to tell his wife that he did love her, but he was stopped just before she died.

He accepted her decision, which he will regret later. As conclusion, he was also passive towards lady Hae. From my point of view, when it comes to love, Wang Wook is like paralysed. The other reason why I said, he is a nice guy, but not necessarly a good person is because he promised a lot of things to Hae Soo, but he was never able to keep his promises. He told her, she would never be treated like this again, yet we know, this is not true as he is unable to stop the arranged marriage. Lady Hae pushed him towards Hae Soo and he knew that therefore he wrote Hae Soo a poem and asked for an answer. She asked him to take a second wife, but he refused as he was afraid of it. Wang Wook is very intelligent, when it comes to survive at the court but when it comes to love, he is completely overwhelmed by his feelings so that he is scared of these. MAybe this can be explained by this way: he feels he is not controlling the situation or the relationship, when it comes to love. Therefore he keeps his feelings to himself so that the other has no idea that she has so much power over him. From my point of view, he would have kept Hae Soo like that, secure her feelings for him and nothing else in return, if lady Hae hadn't died. Wang So is the opposite: his feelings are what pushes him to act or react. He killed all these monks out of love for his mother, but it was a really dangerous move because he could have been blamed for the assassination of the Crown Prince. 

Wah your long explanation really meet what I had in my thought. WW is gentle and kind man, he's smart too, he exactly know where position that he stand. The previous bad condition with his mom and little sister really teach him to survive.

Because he think all of households, that's his responsibility, makes him act slower than WS. He prefers to think before act.

BTW finally I back to this soompi forum again :)

• Like 9

I'm reviewing episodes 1-5 again. And it seems like Jimong and WS knows each other very well and get along with each other. What if WS is not the soul of WS and is also from the future and in his case, he might have lost his memory? During WS and Queen conversation, looks like he didn't know that his mother is the cause of the scar. thus asking, "Is it because of this face?". when he can blame or tell her that she's the one who made his face like that. But then and again, it reminds me of the flashback when he was young and got that scar or it might be King Taejoo's flashback?

I must be overthinking now, hoping a happy ending for their souls to meet in the future. it's a must! >.<

• Like 7

Guest Tinkiebell

A small question, sorry if it has been brought up before, how old is Haesoo supposed to be? I kept reading some comments online stating that she's 16. 

That's something I find difficult to grasp, because there's just no way that her future self (Haejin) is 16 years old seeing how she had a job and debts that her ex boyfriend left her.