[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

4 minutes ago, Tinkiebell said:

A small question, sorry if it has been brought up before, how old is Haesoo supposed to be? I kept reading some comments online stating that she's 16. 

That's something I find difficult to grasp, because there's just no way that her future self (Haejin) is 16 years old seeing how she had a job and debts that her ex boyfriend left her. 

A very short explanation. Hajin is in the body of Hae Soo who has 16.

• Like 7

I hope, Taejo is not the groom... I was more thinking about someone from the Kangs (of Shinju), since Wang So doesn't go back there. I guess, the princes propose her to escape but she refuses in the end because she doesn't want them to take the blame, especially Wang Wook.

• Like 14

Guest Tinkiebell
Just now, shiraru said:

@Tinkiebell 21st century Ha Jin is 26 years old, whereas Hae Soo is supposedly 16, if I'm not mistaken.

I see, so Hajin and Haesoo aren't the same age? Maybe it was subtly hinted when Haesoo realized that she doesn't have any wrinkles and that Goryeo women must have preserved their skin really well (or something like that). But does she know this herself? I hope she realizes that she's been transported inside the body of a 16 year old girl. :P

5 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Who's team are you on? One thing Im not looking forward to is seeing the Brothers/ Princes fight each other....*sigh* but that will be another drama altogether.  They look so happy here.

MOD EDIT: PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES. 

Exclude the 2 maknaes.....isn't the picture tell us so much about their alliances??

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, shiraru said:

Just watched the FMV that @ruizaio linked above, and I see this pic a lot in some sites, but where's it coming from? Is it from director's cut? From which episode?

http://imgur.com/a/OkWhn

p.s: how do you insert image?? I've tried direct link but it doesn't come up when I post them. :'(

It's from the 6-minute highlight trailer. It was supposed to be in Episode 3, when WS has a nightmare of his childhood as a hostage (because of which he can only sleep seated with his sword in his hand). HS approaches his room to return the hairstick, but leaves when she sees that's he's having a nightmare. He notices and follows her to the stone piles. Sadly, this scene didn't make it to the final cut. Even the stone pile scene was only added in the director's cut of ep 3.

When HS tells him not to have bad dreams in ep 4, this is why.

• Like 17

1 minute ago, Tinkiebell said:

I see, so Hajin and Haesoo aren't the same age? Maybe it was subtly hinted when Haesoo realized that she doesn't have any wrinkles and that Goryeo women must have preserved their skin really well (or something like that). But does she know this herself? I hope she realizes that she's been transported inside the body of a 16 year old girl. :P

Yes, they are not the same age. I don't know if Ha Jin knows though, age of the characters are not discussed thoroughly in the drama so far, ahhaaa...

• Like 7

1 minute ago, bebebisous33 said:

I hope, Taejo is not the groom... I was more thinking about someone from the Kangs (of Shinju), since Wang So doesn't go back there. I guess, the princes propose her to escape but she refuses in the end because she doesn't want them to take the blame, especially Wang Wook.

No way he is the groom....and yes I have the same thought with you...it must be someone from their opponents/enemy...that's why someone said she is being sold 

• Like 7

@MoOnLoVeRz I'm absolutely flabbergasted at your post and really wanna scream out loud (but I can't because I'm currently at work :D ). HELL NOOOO!!!!! If that's really the case then no wonder HS will probably have no choice but to commit suicide to get out of that marriage. That may also explain why the princes can't do anything but to see her off with such sad expressions on their faces. However, I'm unable to come up with any possible motive for the King to marry HS. Geez, only a few hours till the next episode yet I already can't wait :tears:

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

It's from the 6-minute highlight trailer. It was supposed to be in Episode 3, when WS has a nightmare of his childhood as a hostage (because of which he can only sleep seated with his sword in his hand). HS approaches his room to return the hairstick, but leaves when she sees that's he's having a nightmare. He notices and follows her to the stone piles. Sadly, this scene didn't make it to the final cut. Even the stone pile scene was only added in the director's cut of ep 3.

When HS tells him not to have bad dreams in ep 4, this is why.

Aaaah I see...I was rewatching the directors cut yesterday and see no sign of that scene....now that you explained it, all of Hae Soo's "nagging" at the end of episode 4 are making sense! Was wondering why she said "sleep well" when I first watch episode 4, since there are no scene of Wang So sleeping. Thank you, thank you for the explanation!

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

DC Galler Chic made this awesome FMV! Shows how HS heals WS...

This is one of the best FMV I have seen until now.. I sooo love it... I will rewatch it while waiting for one hour more. I need Tissues to watch this... Wang So really as a character can touch me so deeply.

Thank you sooo very much for sharing it!!!!!

• Like 9

MOON LOVERS: SCARLET HEART RYEO EPISODE 3

by Alessandra September 12, 2016 0 comment

screen-shot-2016-09-10-at-2-23-12-pm

Quick run-through:

So proves that his whispered nickname of being a demonic wold-dog is well earned (and confirms that yes, he does look badass when he’s slicing through assassins). Queen Yoo’s quite insistent on one of her sons becoming the king of Goryeo (of course we have no idea if she remembers that So’s her son too). And the feelings between Hae Soo and Lady Hae continues to grow stronger.

2. Queen Yoo has us all wondering what’s so special about Yo that he must be king 

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2016-09-09-at-12.43.57-PM-585x366.jpg

Screen-Shot-2016-09-09-at-12.48.21-PM-585x366.jpg

As Queen Yoo takes a bath that same night, she flashes back to the ceremony and how the entire plan went to richard simmons. Yo joins her after she’s done and she grumbles that So ruined their plans. Yo responds by stating that all the assassins are dead, and Queen Yoo takes comfort in the fact that the Crown Prince might not be dead, but at least Taejo wouldn’t abdicate the throne any time soon. Meaning they’ve bought themselves some time. Yo brings up the switch and wonders when Moo and So became so close, and Queen Yoo points out that the rumours Jung heard must be true then: So was taught martial arts and Yo must find out exactly who taught him. They must also find out exactly who is connected to So to determine if So will be against them, or if they can use him to achieve their aim, because one of her sons must be the king of Goryeo (uh, woman, you do know that So’s your son too? Right?).

Finally found the review about crazy eomma too...

Find more at http://dramaswithdrinx.com/2016/09/12/moon-lovers-scarlet-heart-ryeo-episode-3/

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Who's team are you on? One thing Im not looking forward to is seeing the Brothers/ Princes fight each other....*sigh* but that will be another drama altogether.  They look so happy here.

I'm on team " CAN WE ALL JUST GET ALONG PLEEEEEEEASE"

...of course that's not possible, because then we wouldn't have a story. If I had to pick...obviously I'm on Red Team all the way. 

• Like 15

57 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@solelylurking

Honestly, noone is hating Wang Wook here, but yes, some of us (like me) criticised him. However just by doing this doesn't mean that we hate him. From critic to hate, there is a huge gap. Furthermore the world is not just black and white, just like Wang So. The latter might have been neglected and abused, yet he can be a dangerous and violent man. So Wang Wook might be a nice and well-mannered person, yet he is not that good either. 

The main reproach has been that he is too passive, when it comes to Hae Soo. People mentioned that the origin of his passivitiy is that he has much more responsabilities than Wang So, who was never been raised like him and has no family. Wang So has always been apart from social conventions, nonetheless this point doesn't justify Wang Wook's passivity, since we saw that Wang Wook can be decisive and very quick by making decisions. Let me give you one example:

When the king asked the princes about dethroning Mu, Wang Wook was the first to react and he was followed by the others. They were all put under pressure, he needed to think quickly and make sure that his family is safe. He was able to handle the situation pretty well. Later in the episode 4, when they were before the king again, Wang So confessed that he was the one who killed the monks and destroyed the temple.

What Wang So did was really dangerous, but Wang Wook supported Wang So by justifying Wang So's actions. As we can observe, Wang Wook has learnt to deal with pressure and to keep his family safe. So in my opinion, his situation doesn't justify his behaviour. Now back the main reproach: his passivity towards Hae Soo. He didn't stop the whipping, he didn't interrupt Baek Ah, when the latter was yelling at Hae Soo. He could have intervened here too by saying that he was the main culprit, but he never did. But in my opinion, he is not just passive towards Hae Soo, but also towards lady Hae. For the whole time he had been married, he never said anything about his feelings towards her so that lady Hae always thought, he never loved her. We all know, he did, even if it was a different love. His passivity is even more visible, when the prince wanted to tell his wife that he did love her, but he was stopped just before she died.

He accepted her decision, which he will regret later. As conclusion, he was also passive towards lady Hae. From my point of view, when it comes to love, Wang Wook is like paralysed. The other reason why I said, he is a nice guy, but not necessarly a good person is because he promised a lot of things to Hae Soo, but he was never able to keep his promises. He told her, she would never be treated like this again, yet we know, this is not true as he is unable to stop the arranged marriage. Lady Hae pushed him towards Hae Soo and he knew that therefore he wrote Hae Soo a poem and asked for an answer. She asked him to take a second wife, but he refused as he was afraid of it. Wang Wook is very intelligent, when it comes to survive at the court but when it comes to love, he is completely overwhelmed by his feelings so that he is scared of these. MAybe this can be explained by this way: he feels he is not controlling the situation or the relationship, when it comes to love. Therefore he keeps his feelings to himself so that the other has no idea that she has so much power over him. From my point of view, he would have kept Hae Soo like that, secure her feelings for him and nothing else in return, if lady Hae hadn't died. Wang So is the opposite: his feelings are what pushes him to act or react. He killed all these monks out of love for his mother, but it was a really dangerous move because he could have been blamed for the assassination of the Crown Prince. 

All your examples on WW's passivity; court based i.e would not have lead to a lady's reputation being tarnished. WW is smart and he knew the risk and also what the outcome would have been when he spoke in front of the King. And regarding him not completing his sentence to Lady Hae. Either way he looses; if he had completed his sentence of loving her then people would have bashed him for lying as his last words to her. He on the other hand respected Lady Hae's wish, she knew what he was going to say and she didn't want him to lie to her. She didn't want his last words to be a lie so she stopped him. Halting dangerous situations with words while your brothers stand scared & silent and respecting someones last wish is not passivity.

And let's say WW had stopped YH from whipping HS, what would have happened then? HS's reputation in tatters, she would have been sent away, to live God knows what kind of life in Hae clan or used by other people to get to WW. Lady Hae hurt and in pain, a receiver of pity and taunts from people in the court and YH. YH insulted and turning more bitter and hurtful. He himself miserable, all because he went by his instincts and didn't think of the consequences. I won't even bother to think how the King and the Queen would have reacted.

Now I am not saying that WW is a gem who can do no wrong but he is always in a game of chess. Every move has consequences and a counter move. He has to think about everything. So is luckily not in that game yet because everybody still thinks of him as an outsider but he soon will be.

Also about him not keeping his promise..I doubt he foresaw this situation when he made it. No one makes a promise that they know they can't keep.

Anyway, I really don't want to keep on defending WW. I just want to enjoy the show and all the characters so I will just go back to skipping comments that I don't agree with. :)

• Like 16