[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

15 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

Okay on a serious note.

An upgrade of their make-up scene before the ritual scene. Hae Soo during the make up scenes helps him to boost his ego and morale. She was healing his wounded emotional turmoil from the stigma thrown to him by the crowd because of the scar. This time , she is healing his wounded body not because of himself but because of HER. Wang So saved him more than once, but this one is very pivotal to their relationship because Hae Soo have given the chance to tend to his wounds (which is compared to the poison scene, where she can't ).Hae Soo's hanbok color is very spot on. Light Blue/White symbolizes healing . Im sure it was not randomly picked as is. 

I am about to go to bed. But when I checked my phone for the last time, I saw all those juicy and hot pics, I jumped from my bed and start drooling. Why?? Why?? I cant sleep now.

• Like 24

On 10/15/2016 at 4:07 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

It's a question that fascinates me too. That's why I have wondered from time to time if the show will end up pulling a Lan Ling Wang type scenario in which the female lead ends up changing the course of the male lead's entire destiny by intentionally (and involuntarily) inserting herself in key points of his life which she effectively changes and renders recorded history of his life moot. However, despite that, larger external events continue to run their course unhindered. Hence, by her actions she creates an alternate historical stream despite ominous prognostications regarding his fate. Rather like Star Trek (2009) where an alternate timeline was created when a certain party of people accidentally went back in time and changed the life history of primary characters to the point where they almost miss out on their "destiny" of "fate". This has ramifications regarding how the characters develop differently from the prime timeline and how they interact with each other in the future.

In these scenarios there are fixed points in history. For them to be parallel universes, there needs to be common features in each timeline. The same players are present in both recorded history and the alternate stream but their roles have changed due to some "external" interference. In our case Wang So becomes a different Wang So which then affects his personal and political choices which in turn affect how his relationships with these historical characters play out in an alternate scenario.

Su is the anomaly that enters the prime timeline. Without her presence, history would have hummed along as it has been recorded for at least 500 years. With her entry into the Goryeo at that specific time, the timeline branched out and the actors on this stage have changed their positions, swapped roles to some limited degree. What hasn't changed is the Game of Thrones scenario... that seems to be fixed but the way the actual game gets played starts to take a different form.

I noticed that there was a different theory posted here a few days ago in which the proponent suggested that GHJ's presence in Goryeo was to course correct ( I think) bring things back to what they should be. It's an interesting thought and certainly has merit. Underlying that position is the idea that there is one view of history that is the "correct" one. Or at the very least the universe or God sends people to ensure that things go a particular way. Those who believe in fate or destiny would perhaps subscribe to that in some fashion or another.

However, it is also equally possible that the writer may want to suggest that human beings make history what it is. This does explain why the parallel universes theory have gained quite a bit of popularity because it has a libertarian philosophical underpinning to it. When an entirely new variable enters the equation, what we know is completely up for grabs. Wang So doesn't have to be Gwangjong but chooses to be for reasons that are completely different to the Gwangjong from the official timeline. In this alternate timeline he may or may not choose to marry Yeon Hwa (he's knocked her back several times now) and he has become a rival with #8 in a love triangle which may deter any attempts for any kind of alliance no matter how fragile.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into this... in all probability I am... but I think it's interesting how the show varies from the novel in the same way. From all that I've read and seen, the C-version is much more fixed and preoccupied with recorded history and its eventual, inevitable fulfillment. But the K-version seems more unpredictable in its playing out of history... more concerned with individual freedom and that precious commodity of making choices. The analogy I keep thinking about is an unruly mustang that can't be tamed. There's no set trajectory that can be easily followed. I think it's deliberate that GHJ doesn't know her history, doesn't play the political game all that well and adamantly refuses to play the political game unless forced to. She's a wild card that throws the entire field wide open. She becomes entwined with the royal family, falls in love with two men and yet despite all protestations, is not content with being a bystander. Her presences causes those around her to examine their ability to make choices which often leads to upheaval.

But there is also another aspect ot this... a much more interesting aspect element than time travel. And that is the issue of historiography... the writing of history. Many people have echoed the oft said history is written by the winners. Well, that's true to some degree but there's also history that hasn't been written or been published officially or viewed publically as "history". The stories of the people throughout the ages. Journals, diaries, letters, drawings etc etc. Those are artifacts that can give insight into what people were thinking and feeling at the time. Official history seldom provide insight into what these figures of history were like. We know what they did. But what were they like as fathers, mothers, friends? What happened in their lives that made them who they became and affected the kinds of choices they made? Intelligent speculations can and have been made.

The really exciting thing for me in dramas like this especially ones with time travel elements, is the way we as viewers interact with history or at least fragments of history. The use of premonitions here is intriguing in that regard in terms of how we contextualize events out of their context. Are the images interpreted for us via GHJ? Then there's the way we bring our modern lenses to grapple with issues that are foreign to us... polygamy, inbreeding, political marriages. How do we engage with those ancient realities as we look at our own conceptualization of what is taboo?

(I apologize for going overboard with this but history is passion of mine and I probably shouldn't be writing posts so late at night. I'm rambling now...)

With my working schedule and the paste of this tread moving it’s too hard for me to catch up. However I just wanted to agree with your excellent post @40somethingahjumma specially the bold part.

I also think that the writer want to somehow point out that things we might think we know about historical figures might not all be true.

Anyway can’t wait for the next episode!

• Like 17

1 hour ago, ruizaio said:

@Mau_Cherry I was saying that I'm glad that Prince Yangnyeong (king Sejong's brother who was originally the crown prince) survived what could have been another war of princes because many Lee **** Gi/Ki celebrities including our LJG are his descendants.

I got this right so - but how can you know that they are his descendants?

• Like 5

15 hours ago, trizha1 said:

Dead.  I am dead and now I am a ghost but don't cry for me friends death by these spoiler pictures was the best way to go. 

I will resurrect to haunt that baseball game game though. God help them if they don't get their acts together and win ON TIME. Can everyone who has twitter tweet them encouragement to win quickly so we can watch our show hahaha 

This is very funny :tounge_xd::tounge_xd::tounge_xd:

• Like 11

@ruizaio I apologize if this has been explained before--I'm way behind in terms of catching up with the post on this thread--but I really really need to know and hope you might know, given your extensive period knowledge. What's up with SoHae's hairstyles?

WS has married and yet he's still wearing his hair down. How come? Hae Soo is unmarried (in the latest stills, when she's wearing the blue dress & kissing Wang So, presumably after another time jump), and sure, if she's still a court lady, then while inside the palace, she'd have to wear her hair in the prescribed style (up). But not when she's outside/in her free time (see boating scene)! So, in the latest stills with Wang So, Hae Soo is obviously outside the palace and yet she's wearing her hair up. As an unmarried girl. Why?!

Edited by Adnana
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, ruizaio said:

@Mau_Cherry I was saying that I'm glad that Prince Yangnyeong (king Sejong's brother who was originally the crown prince) survived what could have been another war of princes because many Lee **** Gi/Ki celebrities including our LJG are his descendants.

What? So he is a descendant of a prince? No wonder he can play one so well. :D

---------------
These spoilers pics are killing me!!!! Will we finally get some happy time? :wub:  But why can't I shake the thought that this is the calm before the storm? I can't even be 100% happy because I'm always waiting for the worst. 

Also, do you think there's a chance of Netflix obtain the rights of SHR? Just like DOS, I really hope SRH  added to their catalog 

• Like 12

It's almost midnight here. I am in the middle of a report and litteraly talking on the phone and emailing info to my boss. 

A long and super busy tomorrow and tuesday. Need to be at work before 7am. 

Yet, i sneak in here every few minutes. Just in case there's more spoiler pic or video for tomorrow's ep.

• Like 19

This show literally doesn't even let me sleep. I went to bed yesterday worrying about schoolwork and then woke up this morning to see that I missed spoiler pics about a possible upcoming bed scene? UNACCEPTABLE!

• Like 21

8 hours ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/water_susanti/status/787548867629686784

I was looking at the pic...Why is she touching his back when based on bts,it was his arm that got hurt?;):P

I think he got shot in the shoulder with the arrow, so that would explain why she is tending to his upper back. 

• Like 10