[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

49 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

We are having YeonHwa's wedding with WangSo in the end of episode 16 or in episode 17 right?

He was in wedding outfit (right?) and not looking happy.

Well, I will prepare my heart.  

We are?! I tried not to look at the stills and spoil ep 16/17, so sorry in advance if this is a dumb question.

IF that is the case, that means YH is getting married to WS immediately after his ascendance to the throne - that suggests that WY is dying in ep 16. But seeing that MLSHR dragged on SD and WE's death even if they gave us previews I'm hesitant to think WY would die until ep 17. I was hoping that WS won't marry YH until HS dies so at least the marriage is the sole purpose of political tactics.

We have 4 episodes left, marrying YH in Ep. 17 is a bit early (imo) unless there's scenes between jealous HS and smug YH? Hmm this speculation! Maybe it attempts to parallel with C-BBJX where RX gets jealous of 4th when he chooses to visit other concubines. 

Didn't the preview say "did you forget about me?" and then there was the heated kiss?? Is this it? WS reassuring HS that his love is hers and hers alone and he spends his night with her instead of being with YH as he should have?! But there's all that blood that HS had to tend to his wounds that he acquired. 

MONDAY, HELLO I NEED YOU.
gAxxVG4.jpg

@Ainee Etp That is actually a beautiful aching image to end on, and a good use of / good play on what Gwangjong has contributed during his reign.

• Like 22

Ok… let's compare his and Eun's outfit. :bawling: Seems that he is marrying (you know whom) there. Not Hae Soo. 

I put the last pic only because is a similar crown of a wedding.   

EDIT: I have posted this before reading your post @briseis. I hope it will be only a dream…I know this will happen anyways. Is only that I don't want it to be too soon after a romantic moment of SoSoo couple.  

-----

4111495d59.jpg

22 minutes ago, soorani said:

Wasn't that image of him a wedding outfit  photoshopped? 

The one with Hae Soo is photoshopped. Is a bts pic of IU and Jo Min Ki.

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

Ok… let's compare his and Eun's outfit. :bawling: He is marrying YeonHwa there.  

i think this one is when Yo dream about So ascending the throne.. but i think So will not get married not until he will be a king.. i don't know why he will married YH unless its for her power and support for him being a king...

and if he really got married there i think there are 2 top reason about why he not happy about it...

1. So will hurt Soo again and this time its much worse than when he married CP daughter... yes he will do it for her sake too but imagine your man marrying your enemy in love and there nothing that Soo can do even if So heart completely belong to her....

2. So will hurt himself too.. marrying somebody that you have no special feeling and not someone you love must be a hell lot of gut... YH will be his queen for sure but his queen of his life will be Soo...

my personal reason why he not happy....

because its not Soo who he will be marrying.. imagine if indeed Soo he must be smiling to ear and so happy... two wedding and both of them make So look suffer and mad because not only he sacrifice his life but he also sacrifice his happiness....

i hope i would not see the weeding at least not eps 18 or 19.... praying...................................................

• Like 13

13 minutes ago, briseis said:

As you can see all the princes are basically wearing the same design (and unlike Eun, THEY ARE NOT GETTING MARRIED) that is copying the myeonbok - the costume department obviously took some creative licence and applied the myeonbok design as the design of the official robe FOR BOTH THE PRINCES AND THE KING.

But there is something slightly different in the one married (Eun in this case). All the others have the same pattern, but Eun had blueish color in that design aside of the reddish color and golden one. I thought that was something that distinguished the married man from the other princes that did not have the blueish color in the design. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, briseis said:

The Goryeo Domestic

Hide contents

This isn’t about palace rules or Jung (who is, by the way, probably as consequential as a fly), this is about pent-up anger, frustration, pain and disappointment and misunderstanding. They are basically having a lover’s quarrel in front of a whole unit of Palace guards and they don’t give a damn; arguing almost without actually talking to each other and only communicating through the guards, but the whole time they never stop looking at each other. This is A BATTLE OF WILLS. Hae Soo is punishing Wang So and he simply takes it.

Of course, So immediately realizes she is lying to him,  just like he recognized her apprehension on the boat, just like HE NOTICES EVERYTHING ABOUT HER because he knows her like no one else, sometimes even better than she knows herself. HS’s reaction might seem as a little extreme, but let’s face it, she has been extreme from the beginning, just like Wang So which is probably one of the many reasons why he was so drawn to her. Her action show that they have a long history - SO KNOWS WHAT SHE IS CAPABLE OF, he saw her hurting herself before and she knows it. He respects Soo’s guts and like the tactician he is WS realizes that SHE IS DEFIANT AND ANGRY AND this is a battle he cannot win, therefore he retreats in order to fight another day.

Hide contents

It’s such a heartwrenching sight to see him once again standing outside, banished by a woman he loves, UNWANTED ONCE AGAIN. AND JEALOUS. He can hear Jung’s voice and again another woman in his life “choses” his younger brother over him (it’s even more poignant the place where he told HS his childhood story about Jung is so close). His jealous and turbulent reaction shows that no matter how much he tried to let HS go, he simply can’t.

@briseisI gotta say, Me loves when you do these thingamajigs.  I'm like, "soooo spot on, yeah, uh-huh, OMG..!, :w00t::o:wub:.." as i read them lol.  thanks for the reads:D...ooohh same goes for @40somethingahjumma.  Me :heart:your thingmajig reads as well! 

• Like 15

59 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

Ok… let's compare his and Eun's outfit. :bawling: Seems that he is marrying (you know whom) there. Not Hae Soo. 

I put the last pic only because is a similar crown of a wedding.   

I'm for sure he'll be getting married to YH but I don't think so in that preview - I think someone had mentioned the Chinese subs said it was Yo's dream of WS being coronated as King which we'll probably see soon.  The meyongbok and myeonryugwan is a ceromonial outfit that can be worn for both weddings and coronation.  One difference though is in weddings, both the bride and groom hold up a jade pointed stick thing called a gyu.

Maybe when the wedding does occur, the wedding night doesn't and he'll also abandon YH to be with HS similar to Ok Jung.  

I feel like with only 5 episodes to go they have a lot to squeeze in with Yo's death, WS ascension to the thrown, his wedding, HS wedding to the 14th and eventual death and then HS back to present.  If that's how it's headed...

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Gabi Bros said:

We are having YeonHwa's wedding with WangSo in the end of episode 16 or in episode 17 right?

He was in wedding outfit (right?) and not looking happy.

Well, I will prepare my heart.  

Not yet, I read that this is part of Yo's nightmare as says briseis. Yo's reign maybe will end between episode 17 and 18, and then So will be crowned king, if Wang Wook does not plan any trick to prevent it. I think that Yeon Hwa is not going to marry him until episode 19 or maybe 20, all depends how the writer is going to develop the final part.

• Like 12

42 minutes ago, briseis said:

As you can see all the princes are basically wearing the same design (and unlike Eun, THEY ARE NOT GETTING MARRIED) that is copying the myeonbok - the costume department obviously took some creative licence and applied the myeonbok design as the design of the official robe FOR BOTH THE PRINCES AND THE KING.

Eun's robe is slightly different though.  If you look closely all the other princes have the same color dragons, gold with red and the dragons go down the sleeve.  Eun's is different that it's only on the shoulder and also has hues of blue and pink in the dragon emblem.  I think what's interesting here is he's lacking the headdress (maybe he took it off cause I remember King Taejo wearing it in the first episode for his other wedding Queen Yoo opposed to) and how the princess didn't have a headdress either compared to the Joseon era wedding.  The spoiler pic of YH was the same way that she had a similar blue dress with her hair done but no headdress.  

• Like 9

1 hour ago, briseis said:

The Goryeo Domestic

This isn’t about palace rules or Jung (who is, by the way, probably as consequential as a fly), this is about pent-up anger, frustration, pain and disappointment and misunderstanding. They are basically having a lover’s quarrel in front of a whole unit of Palace guards and they don’t give a damn; arguing almost without actually talking to each other and only communicating through the guards, but the whole time they never stop looking at each other. This is A BATTLE OF WILLS. Hae Soo is punishing Wang So and he simply takes it.

Of course, So immediately realizes she is lying to him,  just like he recognized her apprehension on the boat, just like HE NOTICES EVERYTHING ABOUT HER because he knows her like no one else, sometimes even better than she knows herself. HS’s reaction might seem as a little extreme, but let’s face it, she has been extreme from the beginning, just like Wang So which is probably one of the many reasons why he was so drawn to her. Her action show that they have a long history - SO KNOWS WHAT SHE IS CAPABLE OF, he saw her hurting herself before and she knows it. He respects Soo’s guts and like the tactician he is WS realizes that SHE IS DEFIANT AND ANGRY AND this is a battle he cannot win, therefore he retreats in order to fight another day.

It’s such a heartwrenching sight to see him once again standing outside, banished by a woman he loves, UNWANTED ONCE AGAIN. AND JEALOUS. He can hear Jung’s voice and again another woman in his life “choses” his younger brother over him (it’s even more poignant the place where he told HS his childhood story about Jung is so close). His jealous and turbulent reaction shows that no matter how much he tried to let HS go, he simply can’t.

admire2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928624 It's like you're in my head.. LOL. It's one of my favorite scenes.

When Jung was like did you do that for me? big-eye-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928624I was like no dude they just had the most epic lovers tiff in kdrama history good-job-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862 embarrassed3-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129 

• Like 15

Text preview of episode 16?

공격하는 황군들을 순덕과 함께 힘겹게 상대하는 왕은. 왕은은 정종에게 살려달라고 애원하지만, 정종은 왕은에게 활을 겨눈다. 한편, 왕소는 왕은이 다미원에 있었다는 사실을 숨긴 해수에게 상처를 받게 되는데... ※ ‘달의 연인-보보경심 려’ 16회는 야구 경기 사정에 따라 결방될 수 있음을 안내드립니다

credit http://m.sbs.co.kr/tvview/tvviewDetail.do?pgm_id=22000009610&mda_id=22000200860&pgm_mnu_id=44102&srs_id=22000070988

• Like 17

6 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I'm always interested in your readings of So and Su not just because I love those two to death and that you do such a good job analyzing their interactions but it's always fun reading other points of view. I especially liked what you say about the two of them publicly playing out a lover's spat... it's cute when you think about it in those terms.

But I want to push the analysis further beyond anger and jealousy into the issue of trust and confidence. I don't doubt there's a lot of angst going on... anger and jealousy is part of that process that they're both going through trying to grapple with the emotional turmoil of having to put aside their blossoming romance albeit temporarily. More fundamentally, however, is that they've broken faith with one another. It's a serious breach of trust because they are unwilling to speak about what's in their hearts and so they gloss over what's really happened with the marriage and are forced to lie about how hurt they are: So because he knows exactly what he's giving up and Su because she had been finally prepared to accept his heart after fobbing him off for so long.

There was no explanation on So's part because he believed that no amount of explanation would be forgivable. However, what was also wrong in his approach was that he did not trust her to understand why he married his niece and love him for it or in spite of it. It is a kind of noble idiocy. As a principled man he wanted to spare her of having to accept an explanation because it would compromise her beliefs for his sake. This is why I've always maintained that his love for her is ultimately built on not kindness from her but on respect... respect for her unique perspective and strength of character. Nonetheless he needed to learn another crucial thing about love... that he's not the only one who makes the sacrifices... that she can too, based on her freedom to choose to love him. He needs to learn that he can't make that choice for her, no matter how painful it is for her and for him. Furthermore, he needs to also come to grips with the fact that he cannot protect her from everything especially matter related to the heart because to love is to give. The bigger love... the bigger the giving.

I think it's interesting how the writer pushes this relationship to its extreme in a way she didn't with Uk. I don't want to compare those two relationship too much because I think this relationship does stand well on its own.

The choice of marrying the little princess was his (So) but the choice of accepting So's marriage to the princess as a politically expedient move was hers (Su). He took that choice from her when he refused to give her an explanation. Yes, it was a repulsive thing to her but as a man who had been working so hard to prove to her that he loved her, not giving her an explanation left her high and dry. My belief is that it hurt her more that he didn't trust her enough to explain things to her than the fact that he married the princess at all. 

I can't say at this stage if this is a foreshadowing of when he "has to" marry YH but I imagine it will be similar kind of scenario. In that scenario Su will be asked to sacrifice her own beliefs about polygamy once again and she will show perhaps that her love for him outweighs any of her scruples about marrying expediently. It's probably what YH meant when she says that Su shouldn't be too careless about saying that she won't change.

Trust is a fragile thing in this drama. So feels terrible about breaking faith with Su. Su feels terrible because she doesn't know why he did it, why he acted out of character. Not knowing hurts her most. Hence she breaks faith with him in the incident of Jeong hiding in her room. She knows he knows she's lying but she doesn't really care for a whole heap of reasons but primarily because their ability to communicate has come to a screeching halt. I don't believe that she chooses Jeong over So in this instance, I think it's more that she's giving him the silent treatment because he took away her right to properly respond to the 500 kg elephant between them.

Thankfully love wins the day. Perhaps there is jealousy mixed in it but it doesn't matter. Because at the end of the day, So could've broken down that door as he wanted to. In fact the old So would most likely have done it. But this is a So that now knows love. He knows enough about love to want to know the truth even if it hurts him. He loves her enough to give her the benefit of the doubt and demands an explanation.

When adults love each other they ask for/give explanations not assume things or treat each other like children that need to be cocooned. It is a hard thing to do but it is ultimately the only way forward... to build the foundations for even more difficult times ahead.

I do think ultimately that's the purpose of the premonitions. It's to build trust. To test Su and to help her make those hard choices to love So wholeheartedly even when all her instincts draw her in other directions. If she can be his person with complete abandon despite the premonitions, she will love him even without rank or recognition even if it ends up killing her.

Let's not be too hard on them... they're both still learning.

You and @briseis always help me love ML more! Thank you very much for always sharing your insights with us.

• Like 15