[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Sorry for the delayed post but I saw this game a few days ago and never got a chance to play! This was actually really fun haha thanks @millie10468 for putting this together! Screen caps were taking from various sources (mostly youtube) :) took awhile to get everything but the process was fun.

On 2016-10-13 at 11:44 AM, millie10468 said:

Does anyone have a favorite scene that is NOT the fight-makeup/confession scene of Episode 14?

In the interest of finding out (Aand mostly so we can hold on till next week :bawling:), I recommend we do a Favorite Scene Challenge with the following questions:

• Favorite (2nd favorite, if the above scene was your favorite) WS/HS scene

2V43z5K.png

Honestly the above scene was my favourite, but if I had to choose a 2nd favourite it would be the scene where HS says goodbye to WS before he leaves in EP 12. It’s quite bittersweet, but I like how WS can still be so playful – I died when he said “I lied” after he stole a kiss from her. But my favourite part of that scene is probably when WS walks away and HS says to herself “I know that I had feelings for another…So why is it that I can’t let you go and ignore you?”  HER HEART IS WAVERING!!!!

• Favorite WW/ HS scene

CU5FA11.png

My favourite WW/HS scene is probably the one where HS finally decides to turn away from WW in EP 13. Finally, Wook can GTFO and move out of the way for WS.

Spoiler

• Favorite Scene involving a female character (Queen Shitty Mom, Yeonhwa, Chaeryung, Lady Hae, Lady Oh, etc)

xrUjYrW.png

My favourite scene that involves another female character is probably the scene with Lady Oh in the bath area in EP 11. It was so powerful and so emotional. I re-watched it probably 20 times and cried every single time.

• Favorite Scene involving a male character (that is not WS :sweatingbullets:)

QMxVnjb.png

Funny enough, even though I knew Eun had no chance to be with HS to begin with, I loved their childish and silly interactions. My favourite scene not involving WS was probably the one between Eun and Soo when he is forced to marry someone he doesn’t like. I found it so heartbreaking – I feel like we’ve all been there before; being forced to recognize that your fantasy of being with your crush will never come true, and coming to terms with that.

• The scene that made you fall/start rooting for WS/HS.

I8qMmpl.png

X4QYAGv.png

I think it was a combination of scenes, but essentially EP 11. It started with the prison scene when WS visits HS in her tortured state, and though both are hurt they only know to be concerned about the other.

What really sealed the deal for me was the rain scene. I think the editing for the SBS version in this scene was ON POINT. First, I love the fact that they start playing the song as soon as we see WS’s cape over HS – it really creates a more dramatic entrance. Second, WS’s eyes when he looks at HS are so full of emotion I could not contain myself. How could you say no to So-Soo couple after seeing this scene, especially when scumbag Wook walked away just mere seconds ago?

• Scene that made you question your love for WS/HS.

None! At least not yet…but if YH and WS gets married I will probably rage quit and that will surely make me question my love for them.

• Scene that made you fall for WW.

hBZ3VdT.png

I was never a die-hard WW/HS fan but I did kind of ship them in the beginning. My heart wavered ever so slightly at the scene where WW got upset because when he heard that HS was in trouble, he thought he would never see her again. It is kind of moving to see someone who usually has such a calm and collected demeanor become upset at the thought of losing HS. 

• Scene that made you question your love for WW

oc50tpv.png

The scene where he walked away from HS at her lowest point, in EP 11. It was really hard to like him after that.

• Favorite scene with the other Princes (Mu, Yo, Eun, Baek Ah, Jung)

oo6hfxc.png

Eun’s secret birthday party that HS hosted. J It was so sweet and so chill and was really nice because everyone got along so well before all the bloodshed.

• Scene you can point at as the one that irrevocably made you obsessed with the drama.

Can’t pinpoint the exact moment…maybe it was EP 1 ? J Somehow I got charmed into it without even knowing!

• Your least liked scene.

Any scene that has to do with evil queen / WY / YH. 

• Scene that made you saddest.

Probably same as my favourite scene with another female…the scene with Lady Oh and HS in the cave together. L

• Most poignant scene.

Probably same as above.

• Scene that made you think/analyze the most.

YorpoRB.png

I think the EP that made me analyze the most is EP 12…it was the time period immediately after WW’s abandonment and WS’s undying affections were expressed. I hung onto every word and every action between WS and HS because I didn’t want to miss the process of HS’s gradual and inevitable change in feelings towards WS. I kept searching for signs of her change of heart – is she showing concern? Is she starting to waver?

• Scene that made you anxious the most.

1IEGsy7.png

It’s a scene that hasn’t happened yet but every time I see it in previews I get so anxious. It’s the scene where HS is teary-eyed and crying – and the words that sometimes accompany it – “How wonderful it would have been…if we had met in a different time and place.” It foreshadows the ominous events that will occur which will break our hearts undoubtedly.

• Like 15

15 hours ago, daynci said:

i have some questions:

- why the movie's name: moon lovers scalet heart? i dont recall much moon into the stories or its just a name?

- there are like 10 princes or something (sorry i lost count), what happens to other princes? we have 1st, 2nd, 4th, 8th, 13th,14th (i only remember these)

Ok!, I will try to take a stab at this...
In asian culture, the moon is symbolized the queen or a mother's warmth toward her children, and the sun represent the king or the father of his nation. In this case(Moon Lovers), Hae Soo could be the moon and the princes are her lovers(Wang Eun, Wang Wook, and Wang So). For "Scarlet Heart", I think they use it to attract western audiences. The word "Scarlet" are most common in english literature, like the famous book "A scarlet letter". 
If you like this type of "historical fantasy drama", I would highly recommend 'The Moon That Embraces The Sun'. It's also base on the moon and the sun symbols. 'The Moon That Embraces The Sun' and 'BuBu JingXin' are my all time favorites in "historical fantasy drama" genry. Nothing had moved me like these two had. 

• Like 13

7 hours ago, MoOnLoVeRz said:

HD spoiler pics by LJK fan!

Hi! Thanks for all the content you always post. I've seen a lot of these very high-quality images with the small, round, red seal in the lower left corner but I can't figure out where they originate from. Do you know who the fan is that makes them? They're so pretty! :) 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jerboa83 said:

Maybe you've seen them already, but I'm too freaking excited to wait and backtrack: there are HUGE SPOILERS!!!!

BED SCENE! BED SCENE! BED SCENE!    

:blush: 
*jumping around the room like crazy* :D

And the Prince is GORGEOUS in that gold-embroidered outfit! (WEDDING SCENE? WEDDING SCENE? WEDDING SCENE?)

*dying on the spot*

Wang So at the beginning...

VS

Wang So's (happy) downfall to the pits of unrepentable dorkiness... 

You can se some REAL PROGRESS (?) here!  :D :D :D

• Like 14

22 minutes ago, yongwonhi4jfc said:

Hey there, hopefully I can give a sufficient explanation. 

The queue was a hairstyle worn by most men in the Qing Dynasty that was implemented on Han Chinese by the Jurchen/Manchus when they ruled China. Hair to the Manchus are prized possession - "important symbol of power and perhaps virility" (Kutcher, 2006:90).

When RX grabbed 4th's braid (or a queue) and asked to be the sole person to touch is to isolate her as the only person who is allow to his weakness. To be fair, 4th did say RX is the only one who dares to grab an emperor's queue. The act of grabbing someone's braid in Mandarin is: 抓小辫子 (zhua xiaobianzi) is to capitalise on someone's vulnerable point - or also known as having someone wrapped around your little finger. So ultimately RX wants 4th to only be vulnerable and emotionally intimate with her. Obviously that's a big deal since the mighty ruthless 4th never shows compassion unless it comes to RX.

Manchus also have another tradition - they cut the long queue to show grief, "show their loss, and give up some virility as a means of self-punishment. Like rendering of garments, these were acts of self-destructiveness designed to counteract feelings of guilt and pain" (ibid). So you can read that leaving scene as 4th remembers how RX tugs on his queue previous, mourning for the loss of RX leaving as she holds the sole power to his vulnerability, or even contemplating to cut his queue short to rid his pain for RX.

Source: Kutcher, 2006. Mourning in Late Imperial China: Filial Piety and the State. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.

OOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!.......Thank you so much. I knew there's a connection between those 2 scenes. Thank you for clearing that up. It is a very sad scene indeed.

• Like 4

I expect that in coming episodes we'll finally see HS as a leading personage, and it is very welcomed. It was said that HS is one-top of the story, however by now it was all about WS, and I don't think it's owing to LJG acting skills only, but the script itself. Actually it was HS who made WS love her by actively seeking him and talking to him (comparing to YH who obviously liked WS but didn't try to reach his soul), but then she drew back and resisted her feelings for whatever reasons, making us all frustrated. But now when she accepted him I think we'll see that her love is as strong and maybe even stronger than WS's.

• Like 20

23 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

We are having YeonHwa's wedding with WangSo in the end of episode 16 or in episode 17 right?

He was in wedding outfit (right?) and not looking happy.

Well, I will prepare my heart.  

Yeah I think we all have to prepare ourselves. I don't think the show will deviate too much from history, so likely they will be wed for one reason for another.

With the way that Wang So is depicted in this drama, there is no way that he is willingly marrying Yeon Hwa. There is very little chance that he will develop feelings for her too, as there are only 5 episodes left and very very little time to make a convincing love story between the two.The Wang So that we know is completely and irrevocably in love with Hae Soo even when she wasn't in love with him, so it would completely come out of left field if he did also love Yeon Hwa. If anything, I think he has always thought of her as a sister.

Knowing that they will probably marry, my only consolation is knowing that even though Yeon Hwa will get the title and the power along with it, she will never truly have So's heart - because it has and will always belong to Hae Soo.

• Like 18

39 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

We are having YeonHwa's wedding with WangSo in the end of episode 16 or in episode 17 right?

He was in wedding outfit (right?) and not looking happy.

Well, I will prepare my heart.  

Wasn't that image of him a wedding outfit  photoshopped? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, moon_nebula said:

Yeah I think we all have to prepare ourselves. I don't think the show will deviate too much from history, so likely they will be wed for one reason for another.

With the way that Wang So is depicted in this drama, there is no way that he is willingly marrying Yeon Hwa. There is very little chance that he will develop feelings for her too, as there are only 5 episodes left and very very little time to make a convincing love story between the two.The Wang So that we know is completely and irrevocably in love with Hae Soo even when she wasn't in love with him, so it would completely come out of left field if he did also love Yeon Hwa. If anything, I think he has always thought of her as a sister.

Knowing that they will probably marry, my only consolation is knowing that even though Yeon Hwa will get the title and the power along with it, she will never truly have So's heart - because it has and will always belong to Hae Soo.

My guess is WS will die of old age, clutching to HS's hairpin and calling her name while YH can only watch. Just like the scene when Taejo died. In history Gwangjong built a lot of budhhist temple/statue as he gets older, perhaps a way he prays and wish to see HS again after life? Urgh why is my eyes wet while typing this?

• Like 20