Add and Subtract Game

Admin

2 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

I saw this on BBC yesterday and wondered if @Lmangla and @kokodus carry these around, too:

Safety pin: A tiny tool Indian women use to fight sexual harassment

hmmm; I guess it sounds different from an outside perspective but I did find it bit -- not sure what word to use -- oddly mundane??? (my first thought was the writer ran out of ideas) :sweatingbullets:  

so safety pin isn't something you carry for protection -- it is basically an everyday kind of thing that you would have on you like a hair pin or rubber band. many use it to pin their saris or dupatta (scarf) or their blouse tops. it is something so common that many women would have in their handbags in case of emergency (like a button popping on your shirt).

safety pins can also be quite fancy looking (especially for weddings) and sometimes look like  a brooch. 

Spoiler

Stick Shaped Sterling Silver Saree Pin - Daya Jewellers 

White American Diamond Saree Pin at Rs 599/piece | Saree Pin in Chennai |  ID: 23190022388

so yes, I have heard of women using it that way but if you raise an alarm, generally the public will attack by beating up the guy with their handbags or slaps or whatever, and would be immediately taken off the train / bus and taken to the police station.

that said, people's experience in public transportation varies.  I have seen the humane side of people in public transportation.

when I was in morning shift, I would take the public bus to office.  there was a deaf school near my office. so there was a deaf girl on that route who used to take the public bus to this school. this kid would be half asleep and sometimes drooling. the bus conductor, the bus driver and fellow passengers would wake up the child in front of the stop and make her get down near the school -- this was an everyday occurance and mind you, none of them knew sign language. they would just tap her shoulder till she awoke and point. she would yawn and they would shove her school bag and give her a nudge. at times the bus driver would give a kind of exasperated parental sigh but he would wait to push the pedal till the kid got off. every time I saw that, it would make me smile. this isn't a school bus but public transportation in a city. it wasn't even the same bus driver or conductor or passengers necessarily everyday but yet, they watched out for her because she was a regular on the route and all these people were vaguely aware of this child. so there are all sorts of people in this world. 

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

48 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@partyon @joccu my oppa will buy dinner both of you need cheering up :D

Thank you! What is he going to get us for a dollar though? You get one lollipop for that price. :D

And it's not gonna be this big :D

happy spongebob squarepants GIF

EDIT: Omo! Did you see pics of "Ahjumma" from The Glory in ELLE? She looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!!

1679415483-untitled-1.jpg

1679417767-image.png

What a beauty!

• LOL 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

@agenth @Ameera Ali @sadthe1st There is some interesting gossip about your pseudo oppa Kim Seon Ho...

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Calling out to my gossip sisters @Lmangla @MayanEcho

:notsureifserious:

APPARENTLY ALL FEMALE ACTRESSES ARE AVOIDING WORKING WITH KIM SEONHO

Quote:

"Kim Seonho was offered the role of the genius scientist Crown Prince Lee Hyang and was positively reviewing it. However, as Kim Seonho became known as the male lead, casting for the female lead became a tedious task. Most of the actresses who were on the list declined to appear. Some tried to consider appearing, but it is known that they requested various things from the production company, citing the reason that 'the risk of working with Kim Seonho is high'."

https://www.pannchoa.com/2023/03/teens-stories-apparently-all-female.html

Apparently tongues are wagging that it could have something to do with them avoiding him for reasons that might have been apparent already before his scandal...  We also know that Dispatch has a way of shielding male celebrities more than female celebrities, and the length that Dispatch went to discredit his ex-gf was pretty...."interesting"...

In any case, I've never seen a report like this before because normally scandal driven k-celebs are able to come back after an appropriate length of hiatus. But he is clearly struggling coming back... So something is definitely sus here.

This juicy peeps!

No Way Reaction GIF by Laff

@joccu What kind of workout did you have today?

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

@Ameera Ali Yes! Now he's having trouble coming back from that, and I really want to know why...

Btw, twin, looks like Yoongi didn't get the memo about your leopard print ban :sweatingbullets:

eKeQwXW-5Bb7QiQtdjuJ0GSWQ7mgpPNtAgRFn0X3

Apparently Harry likes it though :D@agenth @the_sweetroad @4evrkdrama @rocat

To The Glory fans out there.... I read this article on what breeds k-netz are comparing the stars of the drama with.

@joccu Apparently this dude looks like a Finnish Lapphund

TtOA8LK2UlDiFZf3FfTQHLTnkdsZd-o3ujtb-0ue

and @Ameera Ali @confusedheart your oppa is a...whippet :D

xi5jNEO1X7VUtZD0ly1Umtpj1BYHzoUHzo9T2OWx

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 5
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

what his ex

They actually thought she looks like an Afghan Hound:

4QzbpWXYCCZyadjYCwv0P7LxV1x4Z2uEL9E0BESH

The flight attendant - a Bernese Mountain Dog

TJZvfIQ3Kvtz2p5N2pXKS28x_wPv2A2bvW_R-cj0

and wait for it... the druggie - a border collie

wJmUo-Bq764k4VdcAvJPmCM2tKYiaqV0wGNnVGvn

• LOL 6
  • Thirsty 1

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

hmmm; I guess it sounds different from an outside perspective but I did find it bit -- not sure what word to use -- oddly mundane??? (my first thought was the writer ran out of ideas) :sweatingbullets:  

so safety pin isn't something you carry for protection -- it is basically an everyday kind of thing that you would have on you like a hair pin or rubber band. many use it to pin their saris or dupatta (scarf) or their blouse tops. it is something so common that many women would have in their handbags in case of emergency (like a button popping on your shirt).

True, I can see now how it sounds mundane. :lol: Guess the article was a bit sensationalized, wasn't it? It made me think that women all over India were being harassed on public transport and suffering in silence. I was getting alarmed, especially with the specific examples they cited. :wacko: Nice to hear your perspective and know that if people call attention to the harassment, the perpetrator will be booted off.

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

at times the bus driver would give a kind of exasperated parental sigh but he would wait to push the pedal till the kid got off. every time I saw that, it would make me smile. this isn't a school bus but public transportation in a city. it wasn't even the same bus driver or conductor or passengers necessarily everyday but yet, they watched out for her because she was a regular on the route and all these people were vaguely aware of this child.

Haha that's cute and sweet.

48 minutes ago, partyon said:

Some tried to consider appearing, but it is known that they requested various things from the production company, citing the reason that 'the risk of working with Kim Seonho is high'."

So strange. Do they feel he might harass them? Or back out of a contract? Or....??

BTW @agenth it was the weirdest thing. I saw a Johnny Depp ad in the cosmetics store and you immediately came to mind. I guess after the Heard/Depp trial my brain now associates Johnny Depp with you. :joy: I've been trying to find the ad on the internet but I can't find it for now...but I will post it if I do.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1