Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@the_sweetroad ~ after a long break, I finally went back and picked up the dizi yargi again and started watching. basically it is all cat and games -- engin (the guy who killed the FL's sister) is now in jail and is ticking mad. basically he decides to exact revenge on everyone who has humiliated him and show that they don't have any right to call him a killer when they also have things to hide and are not perfect. so he has somehow managed to amass info over the years and picks on various people -- what is uncomfortable to watch is how much enjoyment he gets out of it. still, an interesting twist of revenge from the baddie. way better than the stupid revenge we hardly got in the fauxcest drama. 

Yargı'nın Savcı Pars'ı Mehmet Yılmaz Ak: Doğum günümü morgta kutladım -  Magazin Haberleri

anyways, I was randomly reading and it turns out one of the characters, pars (the fella in the photo), quit in season 2 (which is still ongoing). apparently he was even more popular than the leads (hahahahahha) which I find hilarious. but he did have a bit of a snark in the way he delivered his lines which I guess the audience found amusing to watch. see the tweet below LOL. 

(memory refresh: eren is the police officer, pars is a prosecutor, jaylene is FL and ilgaz is ML; jaylene works as defense lawyer while ilgaz is also prosecutor along with pars). 

anyway, the actor playing pars quit after the earthquake due to emotional stress or something along those lines.

the writer was so cheesed off that she decided to kill off his character in the most worst way possible. :lol::lol: audience were not amused and wanted him to be written off in a better way hahahaha.... revenge from the writer said one article LOL.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 2

52 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Definitely agree he’s got a good forehead. :D Although, the peaks in his hair are also reminding me of:

Unfortunate styling only. 

Oppa is looking happy and healthy, and he has definitely gained weight. Which means that we will get to enjoy this soon. :fullofhearts:

6b6b52b68e27af5614f102104b51695c.jpg

de9d3f47ae2350623c30da2d7e33e592.gif

Oh yeah... Thank goodness I only share this oppa with one other person. She isn't that interested in his abs, so I get to keep them AAAAAALLLL for myself. :lollipop:

@agenth isagoodchingu #sharingiscaring

49 minutes ago, agenth said:

and why hate on the camera!!! maybe he likes taking photos :d I feel like he learns a lot from his roles, this seems to be a new hobby picked up from Lovestruck

Chingu, shall I quote what you wrote to me in our EO team chat? :D You were hating on the camera too. :D 

Why would you even carry a camera around your neck at the airport with all the security you have to go through. Nah, it was there purely for show. Maybe he is endorsing the camera company.

:loolz:

@Learry Saw you lurking in this thread. Who's the oppa in your profile?

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, partyon said:

Chingu, shall I quote what you wrote to me in our EO team chat? :D You were hating on the camera too. :D 

what do you mean? I didn#t hate on the camera, I just didn't like the hair that much.  and I used to carry camera like that too, a DSLR, bec it's not being weighed like carry-on luggage :D 

Saturday Night Live Nbc GIF by HULU

+2

• LOL 6

2 minutes ago, agenth said:

I didn#t hate on the camera, I just didn't like the hair that much. 

You called the camera "whacky" and called it "really bad":D

Unless you were talking about another camera...?

Twilight Zone Getting Weird GIF by MOODMAN

• LOL 7

1 minute ago, partyon said:

You called the camera "whacky" and called it "really bad":D

Unless you were talking about another camera...?

yeah i was talking about the camera / cinematography in Secret Garden episode 1. It was REALLY BAD. I know old dramas age badly, so I didn't expect much but this still surprised me, especially for the action scenes :D

Excited Olympics GIF by Team USA

+2

• LOL 7

Just now, agenth said:

yeah i was talking about the camera / cinematography in Secret Garden episode 1. It was REALLY BAD. I know old dramas age badly, so I didn't expect much but this still surprised me, especially for the action scenes :D

real housewives oops GIF

All this time I thought you were hating on oppa's camera but you were actually talking about Secret Garden:loolz:

• LOL 7

4 hours ago, partyon said:

Don't you think a v line t-shirt would have worked better @LeftCoastOppa? Would you wear this outfit dongsaeng? It's your color!

As pictured? - No, With a V-line tee? Yes

1 hour ago, agenth said:

i'm not convinced, because it could be done when everyone goes asleep. granted that's the mystery here, because it happened only 1hr after the flight took off..

Everyone never goes to sleep - while Flight Attendants are allowed to work in shifts/rotations on long flights, there are always FA's on duty for safety reasons.

Additionally, I'm sure that when you've flown before, you've heard the aircraft in operation make loud, concerning noises. Noona mentioned hydraulics - which are loud when used in conjunction with flap operations, and or landing gear extension/retraction, well the E&E compartment is no different, except its noise is continuous and often lost in the "white noise" of flight.  The E&E compartment gets cooled by very loud equipment cooling fans. When that hatch in the floor is removed, and the fan noise no longer muffled, it would wake anyone dozing in First Class, and alot of people behind them in the next zone.

BTW - just what is it that the documentary said about the E&E compartment and bring the plane down anyway?  (I haven't watched it)

+2

• Like 2
  • Blob 6

49 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

As pictured? - No, With a V-line tee? Yes

I knew it dongsaeng. You know what is stylish and what isn't! :glasses:

Noona mentioned hydraulics - which are loud when used in conjunction with flap operations, and or landing gear extension/retraction

I don't mind the hydraulics noises but I don't like them on the triple 7... Why the heck you hear so much banging especially over the wing area already before takeoff and then continuing for a good 20-30 mins after takeoff is something that I don't get. I've never heard noises like that on other aircraft types. I mean, I have deduced it's coming from the hydraulics. I've heard them especially on Emirates' 777s, rarely on Cathay Pacific's, Singapore Airlines' and AA's 777s. When I think about it, I feel like it's mostly Emirates.

:rubchin:

This is the best way to describe it - it's like a strong thumping sound:

https://www.pprune.org/engineers-technicians/618349-boeing-777-knocking-query.html

Had a flight once where the sound continued for about an hour into the flight as well.

Airbuses don't make those types of noises. Well, except for the barking dog. :D

@LeftCoastOppa dongsaeng, how safe is the Dreamliner? Despite my frequent business travels, I tend to use Airbus airlines for the most part, so I've actually never flown on a 787. I've just read some not so stellar things about its safety issues - even within the last few years... And now I'm booked on a long-haul flight with one. :grimace: Give me the rundown!

BTW - just what is it that the documentary said about the E&E compartment and bring the plane down anyway?  (I haven't watched it)

Honestly? I just kinda skipped that part but they were claiming in the documentary that some spies from a certain country climbed down there during the flight to kill the transponder and satellite communications.

I mean, we do know that the transponder and satellite communications were cut off, but the satellite connection came back on later.  But the conspiracy theories this guy came up with were just out of this world. :unamused:

@agenth Looks like not only you were spooked by the revelation of the E&E compartment.

https://www.ladbible.com/entertainment/mh370-netflix-documentary-safety-breach-576361-20230315

• Like 1
  • Blob 5

38 minutes ago, partyon said:

Honestly? I just kinda skipped that part but they were claiming in the documentary that some spies from a certain country climbed down there during the flight to kill the transponder and satellite communications.

I mean, we do know that the transponder and satellite communications were cut off, but the satellite connection came back on later.  But the conspiracy theories this guy came up with were just out of this worl

Ok but it's just seriously suspicious that all communication was cut off EXACTLY n the grey area (in between the handover and takeover). so based on this one would either assume:  coincidence, or one of the pilots, no? 

which theory do you think is most likely to have happened? 

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Additionally, I'm sure that when you've flown before, you've heard the aircraft in operation make loud, concerning noises. Noona mentioned hydraulics - which are loud when used in conjunction with flap operations, and or landing gear extension/retraction, well the E&E compartment is no different, except its noise is continuous and often lost in the "white noise" of flight.  The E&E compartment gets cooled by very loud equipment cooling fans. When that hatch in the floor is removed, and the fan noise no longer muffled, it would wake anyone dozing in First Class, and alot of people behind them in the next zone.

i'm no expert and usually there's noise that's sort of permanent? so you say it would be suddenly louder by opening the hatch? not sure passengers would notice, like i said, when they sleep :D 

i also sleep like a stone.

so you don't think they should lock the bay? what if 20 people book a ticket so they can take over the crew and go down the hatch ? 

@partyon my last flight was so horrible, the guy next to me kept leaning on me / like clinging on me rather than the other person. i wish i could fly business haha... 

Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

20 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

i tried watching monique olivier, but the French audio beneath the english audio was seriously annoying, so I gave it up.

Also watching Madoff right now, and still my mind is blown how this guy managed to have this scheme for over 40 years... 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

20 minutes ago, partyon said:

I don't mind the hydraulics noises but I don't like them on the triple 7... Why the heck you hear so much banging especially over the wing area already before takeoff and then continuing for a good 20-30 mins after takeoff is something that I don't get. I've never heard noises like that on other aircraft types. I mean, I have deduced it's coming from the hydraulics. I've heard them especially on Emirates' 777s, rarely on Cathay Pacific's, Singapore Airlines' and AA's 777s. When I think about it, I feel like it's mostly Emirates.

The 777 is a reliable aircraft.  Its been in service since 1994 and in that time I think its had only 7-8 hull loses.

The ones I can remember ...

2 Malaysian Airlines ... flight 370, and the one shot down, obviously not a fault of the airframe

1 British Airways, Icing in the fuel filters, again thats the Engine manufacturer not a failure in the airframe

1 Asiana crash at my airport SFO ... pilot error

1 Egypt Air burned one up on the ground, an oxygen fire in the cockpit

1 crashed due to windshear at Dubai ... think it was Emirates not sure

29 minutes ago, partyon said:

Airbuses don't make those types of noises. Well, except for the barking dog.

A320's do that A-L-L the time :lol:

33 minutes ago, partyon said:

dongsaeng, how safe is the Dreamliner? Despite my frequent business travels, I tend to use Airbus airlines for the most part, so I've actually never flown on a 787. I've just read some not so stellar things about its safety issues - even within the last few years... And now I'm booked on a long-haul flight with one. :grimace: Give me the rundown!

I've heard some operators have had issues with fuel leaks, but avionics wise the only issues I've dealt with on the 787 was the Main Battery issues the plane had early on. That was resolved several years ago.  What specifically are you referring to?

38 minutes ago, partyon said:

I mean, we do know that the transponder and satellite communications were cut off, but the satellite connection came back on later.  But the conspiracy theories this guy came up with were just out of this world.

Just from what you wrote ... here are some plot holes you could fly a 777 through ...

If it were spies climbing into the E&E compartment and disabling systems, here's the problem(s) ...

- If its spies, then the Captain and First Officer are on duty awake and in control in the cockpit

- If its spies, again as I posted, getting into the E&E itself is problematic, even if the passengers were all asleep only an hour into the flight (not likely but okay) the flight attendants definitely wouldn't be, and they would move to stop anyone trying to enter, and or notify the cockpit

- Again as before, once that E&E hatch opens ... N-O-I-S-E ... anyone who isn't sedated in first class is going to wake

- First SATCOM - there is NO SATCOM equipment in the E&E compartment - its all in an electrical rack above the ceiling back by MED 3 ... the most they could do is kill power to the system, they couldn't control it or access it.  If they did try to kill power to it, as I mentioned earlier, the pilots are awake and flying, system power failures are going to trigger warnings in the cockpit - multiple, simultaneous failures, will trigger larger warnings.

- ATC Transponders - as above, power disruption to the ATC Transponders will trigger warnings in the cockpit - losing BOTH ATC's inflight would trigger almost instant communications with ground control as most pilots in the air want ATC to know where they are as to avoid hitting other aircraft.

In a nutshell, in the highly unlikely event ANYONE gets into the E&E compartment in flight, disrupting any system to the point of power interruption, or uncommanded movement, you're going to have warnings in the cockpit, and the pilots taking action

+2 

56 minutes ago, agenth said:

so you don't think they should lock the bay? what if 20 people book a ticket so they can take over the crew and go down the hatch ? 

Some airlines do - the hatch handle can be modified to accept a locking pin.

As for 20 people taking over the crew ... don't think that'll work. After what happened during 9-11 I think the other 200+ passengers would rip them to pieces.

• Like 2
  • Blob 4

33 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

- First SATCOM - there is NO SATCOM equipment in the E&E compartment - its all in an electrical rack above the ceiling back by MED 3 ... the most they could do is kill power to the system, they couldn't control it or access it.  If they did try to kill power to it, as I mentioned earlier, the pilots are awake and flying, system power failures are going to trigger warnings in the cockpit - multiple, simultaneous failures, will trigger larger warnings.

- ATC Transponders - as above, power disruption to the ATC Transponders will trigger warnings in the cockpit - losing BOTH ATC's inflight would trigger almost instant communications with ground control as most pilots in the air want ATC to know where they are as to avoid hitting other aircraft.

I'm not buying the spy theory, but it's still very concerning to think that people can cut off all communications from the EE bay, which is freely accessible - okay with huge sounds, but still. 

If someone does that, the pilots would have to go down the bay as well, to switch things back on, right?  Or can you do that from cockpit? 

The problem is this: something happened to cut off all signals and to this day there is no clear answer in what happened. 

From what I've read now after the documentary, there's all sorts of theories. But if you think about the facts, does it lead to the pilot suicide theory? The flight path is quite senseless, and the timing for the communication blackout very convenient. 

or what do you think the aviation community agrees on? just the facts: blackout, flight south, crash in the south indian ocean. 

+2

• Like 2
  • Blob 4

29 minutes ago, agenth said:

I'm not buying the spy theory, but it's still very concerning to think that people can cut off all communications from the EE bay, which is freely accessible - okay with huge sounds, but still. 

Again, and I know this may sound trivial but its not ... is the E&E accessible? Yes - is it "freely" accessible? most definitely NO

As for communications we only know that reporting systems like SATCOM and the ATC transponders were switched off, the status of voice communications are unknown, ie: VHF comms and HF comms.  Nothing more was heard from the aircraft but if this was perpetrated by 1 of the pilots they wouldn't have to kill those systems, they could just ignore them.

36 minutes ago, agenth said:

If someone does that, the pilots would have to go down the bay as well, to switch things back on, right?  Or can you do that from cockpit?

Control of the Main power Busses can be controlled from the cockpit, however if the circuit breakers are pulled they would have to be manually reset

51 minutes ago, agenth said:

The problem is this: something happened to cut off all signals and to this day there is no clear answer in what happened. 

From what I've read now after the documentary, there's all sorts of theories. But if you think about the facts, does it lead to the pilot suicide theory? The flight path is quite senseless, and the timing for the communication blackout very convenient. 

The most suspicious piece of factual information is the timing of the loss of both ATC transponders, and an almost immediate course deviation here's why...

- if there was a catastrophic accident the plane would've went down immediately after the last voice transmission and been found 

- if there had been an accident onboard yet non-catastrophic, it couldn't have taken out all communications simultaneously ie an onboard fire or explosive decompression - the pilots would've called a mayday

- Wherever it came down, the plane clearly flew on for hours after the ATC transponders were turned off with no further communications voice or otherwise, someone was controlling the aircraft.

For the reasons above, I dismiss any theory that what happened was some sort of inflight accident. 

Back to the pilots, Ground control handed MH370 off to HO CHI MINH control, and received a voice acknowledgement - nothing I have read indicates any authority believes this wasn't the actual pilot - so if the pilot was in control at the hand off, could someone(s) in less than 2 minutes, break in the cockpit door, incapacitate both pilots, and switch off both ATC transponders, and start to initiate a course deviation?  Without the pilots getting off a warning, Without the crew fighting back when the cockpit was clearly being breached?  

Unfortunately we do have examples of other pilot suicide crashes - from a strictly operational/technical point of view, its more believable that 1 or more of the pilots were involved, than someone gaining access to the E&E compartment and taking control, with the pilots still flying in the cockpit.

+2

• Shocked 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 4

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

see the tweet below LOL. 

Thanks for the recap and this tweet was funny. Re: Pars...yeah, it would be so hard to recover and keep doing a show after the devastating earthquakes. :(Too bad the writer took it out on him so publicly. :)

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

the fauxcest drama. 

:joy:

So out of all the daily dramas, was the fauxcest angle unique to Vengeance of the Bride? For some reason I would've thought fauxcest would have been a more-common trope. In watching VOTB did we actually see drama history in the making??

Oh My God Wow GIF

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 2

6 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

Thanks for the recap and this tweet was funny. Re: Pars...yeah, it would be so hard to recover and keep doing a show after the devastating earthquakes. :(Too bad the writer took it out on him so publicly. :)

:joy:

yea, it is a bit complicated. the writer's husband is an actor in the show itself (looked it up and he plays eren the police officer) and the hubby had also lost family in the earthquake.

Yargı'nın Eren'i Uğur Aslan'a hırsızlık şoku - Magazin Haberleri

so the writer apparently posted in her social media a clip of there drama where eren says "we are in pain but we work".. 

am reading the translated articles and so it is bit difficult to say for sure but basically the actor playing pars either had a depressed meltdown or some sort of panic attacks and just wanted to be with his family. so he sent them a 'specialist doctor' (am guessing psychiatrist) note that would excuse him from the show.

basically the production's attitude was like "we are also affected but the show must go on". so, it sounds like the production was not listening or asking him to do 2 episodes at least (work for 10 days).

however, he is not in a frame of mind; he apparently told production that he felt all of this is meaningless -- maybe he was depressed or burdened. so he abruptly left or refused to show up. so production accused him of being unprofessional while he is like -- I sent you the doctor's notice and asked you for time off!!!

he is upset the writer didn't sympathize with him and production was indifferent. so in one of his IG stories, he put this quote from a famous psychologist there along with a note -- ''“ No one is the guardian of anyone's pain. ‘ My pain is better than yours ’, neither suffering nor interlocuting this sentence... Everyone's pain is individual and cannot be compared to another. You too like and saying that you will suffer in the same way is bullying.. ”

all of this is basically playing out in social media and part of the problem of live shoots and different ways of coping I suppose.

anyways, the audience is not amused that the writer chose to get rid of this character in the worst way possible. :lol: I think they wanted a kinder death (maybe like truck of doom hahahahhaha) or him to relocate or something. hahahhaha.. I can understand the audience feels though -- this happened in this english sci-fi show called 'the 100'. one of the loved characters was killed off in the finale season in the most stupidest mindless way possible. all because of some beef between the actor and the producer. face palm.

6 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

So out of all the daily dramas, was the fauxcest angle unique to Vengeance of the Bride? For some reason I would've thought fauxcest would have been a more-common trope. In watching VOTB did we actually see drama history in the making??

fauxcest was a trope in older dramas. you don't see it as much these days. this drama was just stupidly written and a total waste of breath in many ways. but I guess I needed something to watch on and off. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

9 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

What specifically are you referring to?

Last I read some reports on there being issues with the system extinguishing engine fires. Then again, it has a pretty good safety record.

Sesame Street Idk GIF

Am not too concerned about these types of things - was just curious since I've never been on a 787 before. But I am quite picky with the airlines I fly, and I do check their safety ratings before booking a new airline I haven't been on before. :sweatingbullets:

7 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Unfortunately we do have examples of other pilot suicide crashes - from a strictly operational/technical point of view, its more believable that 1 or more of the pilots were involved, than someone gaining access to the E&E compartment and taking control, with the pilots still flying in the cockpit.

Agree with this. Sadly this has happened several times in aviation history @agenth. :(

5 hours ago, Learry said:

it's Xu Kai

Oh, I didn't know as I don't watch c-dramas. Thanks for clarifying, chingu! :glasses:

5 hours ago, Learry said:

and my other bias is eunwoo

Ooh, that's @confusedheart's oppa too! Did you like Island?

Good morning sweeties! :dorakiss:

Has anyone watched season 5 of The Crown? I just finished the first episode yesterday. Didn't know Johnny Lee Miller - my favorite actor from Trainspotting - is playing John Major. He's a great actor.

_127223496_hi079529199.jpg

I just love how "British" he acts. Spot on!

Did you know that the actress playing Diana is 191 cm tall? Almost as tall as @LeftCoastOppa dongsaeng.

The-Crown-season-5-Dominic-West-elizabet

She's much taller than her onscreen hubby.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 4

@sadthe1st Yday I was eating the whole day! Started with a heavy breakfast of Fish Head Noodles with Wine!

img_3517.jpg

CTO

@partyon @LeftCoastOppa It was MH17 that was shot down. My friend's friend, our home town friend escaped the fate of MH370 as she was assigned for it but then later was listed for MH17 instead. I dont think any country in the world has such tragic fate like ours...2 major aviation catastrophes in just months apart...

Wishing everyone a Happy Sunday...

happy-sunday-weekend-doodle-text-letteri

CTO

@partyon Do you prey on lurkers? It's so scary of you...

48fe82c2c9ac792b96b67f4291babba9--transp

@Learry Hello there!

@MayanEcho @rocher22 @rocat @SilverDawn We have a Cdrama fan here!

@Thong Thin @sadthe1st  Do you like chicken biscuits?

0013.jpg

CTO

@agenth Thanks for the feedback. I havent watched any of it yet...I'm particularly keen on "In The Name Of God: A Holy Betrayal". So you are a true story fan too?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

15 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Started with a heavy breakfast of Fish Head Noodles

Fish HEAD noodles?!?!?! Omo!

faint fainting GIF

15 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

@partyon Do you prey on lurkers? It's so scary of you...

I don't prey on lurkers, chingu :joy: I just happened to get a like from @Learry on this thread, and she's a chingu from several drama threads we both have been active on. I just invited her to join our discussions here. :kiss_wink: The more the merrier!

@Learry which continent are you based on? Do you like abs? Do you watch the Eurovision Song Contest?

@joccu Am planning on watching that documentary too, but I want to finish The Crown season 5 first.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1