Add and Subtract Game

Admin

18 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

@4evrkdrama Chingu I read your post on the "Run On", I read it some days ago, sorry to be getting kind of late. I do agree that the start of the drama was too slow and at the same time, it was not clear what the drama was really about and for the first 2 or even 4 (for me), it was going places. But then, episode by episode it started getting better.

You were totally right about missing the point and if we would binge watch it. Although I kind of did it, not exactly maybe, I was watching about 3-4 episodes per week. Honestly this drama does not seem to be binge watch worthy to me. You need to take pauses between episodes, and sometimes can't watch more than 2 per day. At least for me it was like that. 

I do agree with the first 2 points here. I really wanted SG to know that MJ had returned the money, but I believe at point onward from the drama, it never mattered if she did or not. He did not view her as that and I think knowing her better, he must have already guessed she already returned the money. Seeing how bold she acts in front of her father, the scene where they went to watch movie and encountered his father. 

Not seeing Ryan was a big disappointment for me, but then again, it would never really have an impact on the plot. But in the final flash scenes, I really hoped we would see that dude. He was mentioned throughout the drama and seeing the characters appear in the final scenes who just appeared for one episode, didn't do much, I really hoped they would show that dude with SG's sister. 

I am not really sure about the NF's translations. Are they really that bad? Having had a fair enough interactions with many translators, there is one thing I have heard the most from them and that was "The translation is supposed to convey the overall meaning of the words based on the context more than the literal meaning of those words". So I do think there were certain places where the literal meaning of the words was not used, but I think it could be because the translators tried to convey the meaning of whole sentence and just the words. Just my personal opinion though. I didn't really feel anything with the subs, despite having some basic knowledge of Korean and catching and understanding many words and even sentences of them in drama, to the point of sometimes checking out the raw episodes. Maybe you can shed more light on this one. 

That’s so kind of you to reply back 

:please:

Yeah, right. This drama isn’t binge watch worthy...

But it does have its own healing pill to give us which we have to take slowly !

You just let my eyes open - that’s true !

SG didn’t care about it much. Or It’s just that he knows her well !

Me too hoped for him to come along with SG’s sister during the last scenes of the drama (but like you said maybe since he didn’t have any plot movement in the drama ..they must have thought not to bring him out... And Let Ryan be known to SG’s sister’s own world .

Talking about Netflix translation -

This drama used a lot of sarcastic words and they just gave way too literal meaning of it.

Same goes for some personified words of Oh mi joo and Sun Gyeom. 
So I rather had this feeling like I ate what I ordered but the essence in it was missing ! (its just my opinion)

But one thing 

just like the translator said 

The translation is supposed to convey the overall meaning of the words !

It’s just that It was really adorable yet catchy how the writer played with words and I was just sad that It couldn’t reach to everyone !

But still 

translating is hard and am nowhere to judge.

By the way not all all Netflix trans are like that 

Like prison playbook, black dog etc are quite good.

Maybe am more biased over VIKI translation.

And moreover guess what ?

am way too bad at English and sometimes I can’t grasp Netflix translation and get help from dictionary uncle !

• Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

6 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

And moreover guess what ?

am way too bad at English and sometimes I can’t grasp Netflix translation and get help from dictionary uncle !

Hi @4evrkdrama  You say your Eng bad?   What about me?   :D
and Welcome back!

Let's eat @joccu

http://pa1.narvii.com/5764/c2a7907580b8bfa5275087b3221910113a22aaa0_00.gif

• Love 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

2 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

Sis @Min2206

We too have something similar (To Kuih Loyang)

in kerala we call it Acchappam !

And I forgot what you call for it.. but it seems like you posted about it once and we call it MURUKKU !

Been having murukku for the past few days.  I am trying to control not to overeat - not because of the weight BUT because all the goodies and fried stuff are heaty.  :D

Image result for eat gif

• Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

hahaha i guess he hasn’t got any brand endorsements.. or maybe, its the bathrobe endorsements.. did u see and G or C embroider on it? lol

it’s was turn off , so I didn’t notice :joy: 

+2

• LOL 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

@4evrkdrama I think sometimes it just happens that, the essence of the words used get lost with the translation, since it becomes kind of dilemma for the translator to convey the meaning or search for the words similar to the ones used while conveying the meaning. Sometimes, or mostly in the second case, the meaning changes, sometimes the writers use dialogue which only the Koreans or people knowing that language quite well understand. Like the jokes surrounding the names of the characters, like here the 2nd lead was Yong Hwa same as what they call movies. 

But, then again, I have seem some serious criticism surrounding the subs by NF, and so I asked. Even right now for the drama "Marriage Lyrics and Divorce Music", there were some members criticizing the subs, and from what I remember, this happened to couple more dramas which were streamed on NF, when they were airing. I think it did happen in "Stranger 2" where the members were not that happy with the subs. 

Anyway, maybe as you said, Viki subs could be better. 

• Thirsty 1
  • Blob 6

10 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

im finally heading home.. i’ve been watching so many animation movies these few days hahahaha

now i need a good cup of teh tarik

me have honeydew milk - iced!   so quenching
you really love teh tarik.  I used to - still loving Teh Tarik but slowing down

Image result for ice honeydew juice

• Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

16 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

you really love teh tarik

actually i love hot drinks.. coffee.. tea.. fresh soymilk.. chocolate.. as long as they are hot, i love!

No Way What GIF

12 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

coz for me, abs look like skinned specimen frogs for dissection. 

KERMIT!!!!

Text Street GIF

• LOL 5
  • Blob 1