Add and Subtract Game

Admin

10 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

@partyon Eonni, I don't know about idol actress much. But for Idol actors, I actually like Kim Min Jae and Do Kyung Soo. Kyung Soo did very good in It's Okay That's Love though I mostly FFed that drama. But he is someone I am looking out for.

We have quite many idol actors who can act, Choi Siwon, as you said Do Kyung Soo, this one has really worked hard on his acting skills and you can see growth in each of his works. I liked him in "Swing Kids". 

Lee Jun Ho, the first time I saw him in Chief Kim, I didn't even know he was an idol, and was quite shocked by his acting skills, which really are amazing. 

11 minutes ago, larus said:

I don`t think many actors have the whole script available when they sign the contract. Sadly.

As @pompyavi said, I don't think he even reads the available script properly, which shocks me. He must be among the higher tier actors, which means if he does reject a script, he will get another one in some time, but by the looks of it, he has been just accepting any script offered to him first since his military services ended. 

I will give his new a try too though, same with "Mr Queen" (this with the mindset of dropping it if I don't like at any point of time). @Ameera Ali I will give it a try, let's hope it will better one. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

13 minutes ago, larus said:

I don`t think many actors have the whole script available when they sign tyhe contract. Sadly.

+2

I have a feeling JCW oppa only reads the first page. :D

Maybe if they would include more pictures....?

pensive luciano spalletti GIF by AS Roma

Like this:

Blank Comic Book For Kids : Create Your Own Comics With This Comic Book  Journal Notebook: Over 100 Pages Large Big 8.5" x 11" Cartoon / Comic Book  With Lots of Templates:

• LOL 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

5 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

HI @partyon  Sorry on your oppa, how many do you have?  

How did you like Awaken?

Ooh, I have many oppas. But I have an especially sweet spot for Ji Chang Wook oppa (aka Oppa), Choi Jin Hyuk oppa (aka EO oppa), Ji Sung oppa (Short oppa), Keanu Reeves (Ultimate oppa) :heartxoxo:

• Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

@pompyavi the fight in the Start Up has gotten quite intense since the latest episodes. With 2 episodes, the writer has still left the question unanswered on who the FL will end up with, so the fans are fighting over which Oppa is more deserving.  :loolz:

@partyon I am gonna lose it if JCW's next project will be rom-com too :rubchin:

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

29 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Now I don't really compare the idol actresses with the actual actresses out there. I believe for them we should keep the metric a bit different, and so even though Seolhyun's acting in "Awaken" might not be that good, she is doing better than I expected and it is actually better than some idol actresses out there. Still, I believe it would have been better that someone else would have taken that role, the same thing which I wished had happened with her role in "My Country".

If I am watching a drama I expect that I get quality. I don't think it's fair that they are sticking untalented actors & actresses in dramas just because they are idols. That is really unfair for the actual actors out there who have studied acting and who are snubbed because "someone" is paying lots of money to get an idol in there.

Also, it takes away from the enjoyment of the viewers watching this drama.

Seolhyun's acting is atrocious in Awaken. How she got the role is beyond me.

Will have to check the Startup thread. :D

• Love 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

14 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Hi @Min2206 . I did not watch Awaken yet. I will start after 6 episodes. 

That's a good idea.   It's going to be intense, this one.    

3 minutes ago, partyon said:

Will have to check the Startup thread. :D

Should i join you? 

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

I watched last night the first episodes of Awaken. I am not sure if I like this show. Despite liking Namgoongmin and the genre, I felt bored during the episodes. Maybe I was tired. In the last part of both episodes it was something interesting but let see if the show will grab my interest. Some dramas become better later.

I have not started yet the Cheat Me if You Dare drama.

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

2 minutes ago, larus said:

I watched last night the first episodes of Awaken. I am not sure if I like this show. Despite liking Namgoongmin and the genre, I felt bored during the episodes. Maybe I was tired. In the last part of both episodes it was something interesting but let see if the show will grab my interest. Some dramas become better later.

I had the same problem, it took me forever to get through the first episode. The second episode is a bit better, but I am still on the fence whether I wanna continue it or not.

@Min2206 Please join, I am heading there now :D

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

11 minutes ago, partyon said:

If I am watching a drama I expect that I get quality. I don't think it's fair that they are sticking untalented actors & actresses in dramas just because they are idols. That is really unfair for the actual actors out there who have studied acting and who are snubbed because "someone" is paying lots of money to get an idol in there.

If I watch a drama, the first thing I look for is plot and then acting. If the plot is mediocre and the acting is great I will continue watching. But if the plot is great and acting is poor, TATA BYE-BYE from my side. And one more important thing is the acting quality should be on the same level atleast for the leads and if is there even for supporting cast that's awesome but for me it should be there for leads. I feel casting directors or whosever is in charge of that should cast the leads with same acting capability because if the difference is noticeable it kills the enjoyment.

+2

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

6 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

the fight in the Start Up has gotten quite intense since the latest episodes. With 2 episodes, the writer has still left the question unanswered on who the FL will end up with, so the fans are fighting over which Oppa is more deserving.

I am surprised that there is an intense discussion who will end up with who. It is rare that a drama to get such reaction lately on Soompi. I did not watch any drama or participated on a thread with such intense discussions. :w00t:

+2

• LOL 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

1 minute ago, larus said:

I am surprised that there is an intense discussion who will end up with who. It is rare that a drama to get such reaction lately on Soompi. I did not watch any drama or participated on a thread with such intense discussions.

You have your chance now. :P

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

10 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

If I watch a drama, the first thing I look for is plot and then acting. If the plot is mediocre and the acting is great I will continue watching. But if the plot is great and acting is poor, TATA BYE-BYE form my side.

For me it is the opposite. The plot is what makes me watch a drama.  If the plot is mediocre not even great actors can make me watch it. Yes, if the plot and good acting it is the best combination. In majority of cases, the good plot has a good casting too. If one actor is doing not so good, the good writing can make up for the shortcoming.

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

@pompyavi I am kind of opposite here, if the plot is good, I tend to ignore bad acting, as long as it is not too bad here. That's the main reason I could watch 3 Suzy's dramas (got to admit, even though her acting is still not good, she has improved quite a lot). 

But what I think is, casting idols could be mainly for the financial purposes, but there are many top tier actresses/actors who were actually idols at the beginning of their career. Hwang Jung Eum, Jung Ryeo Won, IU, Jang Nara, they all were idols and were not actresses at the start of their careers. But their acting is top notch now, especially IU since I saw a significant growth in her acting skills. So I do think that giving them chances is not a bad idea, but yeah, they are now getting lead roles as debut role, which even I feel is kind of unfair to everyone, the viewers and the potential actress/actor who would have done a better job than them. 

@larus you actually not alone there, Awaken's first two episodes were not that good (I liked both though), but as you said this could get better, but I have made myself ready to drop if it does go downhill here. Still I have some hope that can pick it up from the next few episodes.

@partyon Noona, I am gonna join you now in the Start Up thread. 

+2

• Like 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3