• Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, angelangie said:

very very nice :) and very very very the tiring lols

But overall enjoyable. So worth it! :D Eat good foods and see good places. haha

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

20 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

But overall enjoyable. So worth it! :D Eat good foods and see good places. haha

food wise a lil so so for me lols.....however yes you get to see beautiful places....if u follow my FB you see i had been posting pictures lols... :P 

• Love 4

15 minutes ago, angelangie said:

food wise a lil so so for me lols.....however yes you get to see beautiful places....if u follow my FB you see i had been posting pictures lols... :P 

Yes yes, i saw hahahahhaahha

+2

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Sometimes I’m slightly crazy . I know i hv 7 dramas but i started The Light In Your Eyes . It’s good . I should hv watched it earlier . Anyone watched it ? @nrllee you did right ? 

@ktcjdrama did you continue VIP? I hv no motivation to watch this week’s yet . I have the I “wanna drop it but don’t wanna drop it “ kind of feeling ...

@Sarang21 @Ameera Ali kill me now . Last night no SB. At this rate I won’t remember the story . I just really want them to end it. Lol! 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Anyone reading Princess Margaret & Lord Snowdon doomed romance? Kind of interesting. Do you think the marriage was set to fail since beginning? Since she seem only want to set revenge for Peter Townsend? Or it was doomed after all the romance died of? I think a lot of relationship start to have issue after 7 years timeframe. Make me wonder if the 7 year itched curse are true. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/amp28430957/princess-margaret-antony-armstrong-jones-relationship-timeline/

B7fO3Bj.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 2

@triplem The Light in You Eyes is really good. It might feel draggy towards the middle but keep going and it’s so satisfying at the end. 

But, my drama of the year is still Camellia :wub: Just thinking about it still gives me warm fuzzy feelings... :wub:

VIP ~ Tuesday episode not yet watched. I know how you feel. I like the leads so much but the story is seriously so not engaging at all... 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Oppa is visiting tonight :grin: but this week is the last though:anguished:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, triplem said:

Sometimes I’m slightly crazy . I know i hv 7 dramas but i started The Light In Your Eyes

how do you manage?

two days, started a turkish dizi on netflix. since 1 ep is 2.5 hours long, they have nicely cut it into 40 minute eps. so the series on netflix is 160+ eps! but it nice to watch while I am sniffling with a cold as the story moves really fast. the guy is really good looking which helps during boring scenes! hahahah :D plus, he is a good actor and makes the character believable.

Kara-Para-A%C5%9Fk-Engin-Aky%C3%BCrek-Tu

@Sarang21 ~ have you seen kara para ask?

@staygold ~ if you haven't seen it, this drama is definitely worth checking out. it is not a fluffy romance and is more of a murder mystery + corruption + organized crime. his fiance and her father are found murdered together. he is a cop who has come back from his undercover assignment successfully and is excited at getting officially engaged and then married in 2 days when this happens. since he is an officer himself, he simply can't let it go and has to find out the truth. no one is sure how the fiance and father even know each other. meanwhile, she finds out that her father was actually bankrupt and may have been involved in money laundering. now some criminal characters are threatening her and she has no clue what is going on. am at the stage where they are both pretending to be in a relationship so that he can uncover who these criminals are. compared to the usual "lets fake it relationship" trope, this one has some serious teeth as there's danger involved where they are being not by meddling grandmothers or some pesky relatives but by the criminals who are threatening her. as the criminals can't know he is a cop, he is also faking his identity. fun!

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

@triplem yes like @ktcjdrama said, Light In Your Eyes was really good.  You need to watch it till the end.  It gets confusing mid way and you’re left wondering why it’s heading the way it does but it all makes sense when you get to the big reveal.  It’s sad but so hopeful.  I don’t remember a drama where I laughed AND cried every episode...but funny thing was it was cathartic each time.  I wasn’t left feeling despondent.  It was a gem of a find for me.  I never intended to watch it and just stumbled upon it.  Serendipitous find.  Story telling at its best. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

@Lmangla I watched Kara Para ask... Engin Ahyurek is/was and will always be my favourite... Though the drama was really long but it was amazing.... particularly the music tracks and those streets in Rome... As for Engin Akyurek , I have watched him in Fatmagul , Kader and KPA then his latest drama with Fahriye Evcen...now he is doing Sefirin Kazi with Neslihan Atagul.... I am really really looking forward to it... he did some amazing works... he got Best Actor in international Drama category in South Korea for this drama itself... he is not your definition of amazingly hot body type hot but he does make your heart beat with his sincerity... i love him A LOTTTTTTTT...and i remember KPA scene by scene... thats one of my time pass favorite drama...which episode are you on???

+2

• Like 3
  • Love 2

19 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

Omg oppa got captured

But he’s Monkey God... he will escape, maybe with a few carefully placed scratches on his face just to make the escape realistic - don’t worry.  :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Wah oppa tragic. Got fire explosion. FL go jail wah...This series...What have they done in their past life though

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

@LSGLMH_88 ~ since it is on netflix, it is ep 18. not sure where it would be in the real episodes which are over 2 hours. so how did you manage to watch all these turkish dizis? I remember when I read about fatmagul a while back, I wanted to check it out but couldn't find subs. I wasn't too keen on watching hindi dub as I felt the voices were off.

I agree with your description of him -- he is not super good looking but there is a kind of warmth. I like the way he is portraying the character with a lot of sincerity. the drama so far is certainly well written and I am really enjoying how "the fake it relationship" trope pushes up the drama in a logical manner and makes it more intense. the way OTP are getting to know each other is also so organic.

one thing I appreciate is how well lit the drama is. drives me nuts when kdramas use dark lighting for genres like crime and detective. here, even in bright sunlight, the characters like the villains give you the creeps because you know how he is behind all that etiquette. so it is a good example of how writing, music and acting itself can give the drama a dark edge and tension without having to resort to bad lighting. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Riding the bus beside me this lovely dovey couple stick like glue.. This glasses wearing sushi is just...:neutral:for the entire ride.

• LOL 4

13 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

Riding the bus beside me this lovely dovey couple stick like glue.. This glasses wearing sushi is just...:neutral:for the entire ride.

My guess is dating couple. Normally lovey dovey stage is early romance lol. Wait till hormones wear off... Scientist say last 3 months - 3 years :mrgreen:

• LOL 3

31 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@LSGLMH_88 ~ since it is on netflix, it is ep 18. not sure where it would be in the real episodes which are over 2 hours. so how did you manage to watch all these turkish dizis? I remember when I read about fatmagul a while back, I wanted to check it out but couldn't find subs. I wasn't too keen on watching hindi dub as I felt the voices were off.

I agree with your description of him -- he is not super good looking but there is a kind of warmth. I like the way he is portraying the character with a lot of sincerity. the drama so far is certainly well written and I am really enjoying how "the fake it relationship" trope pushes up the drama in a logical manner and makes it more intense. the way OTP are getting to know each other is also so organic.

one thing I appreciate is how well lit the drama is. drives me nuts when kdramas use dark lighting for genres like crime and detective. here, even in bright sunlight, the characters like the villains give you the creeps because you know how he is behind all that etiquette. so it is a good example of how writing, music and acting itself can give the drama a dark edge and tension without having to resort to bad lighting. 

@Lmangla Fatmagul used to be there in YT with English Subtitles.... but that has been deleted by YT due to copyright issue... same case is with other dramas as well... I agree turkish dramas can be a bit of draggy...As far as Engin Akyurek is concerned , Romantic Dramas are something he excels on I agree but you know what , there is one drama of his where he kinda played rapist..no not in fatmagul... it was marital rape.... that drama.... Gosh I hated him so much there...another reason why I kinda felt compelled not to watch fatmagul initially....because I thought how can he act as a male lead?? Gosh , I was taken away by his acting.... This is one particular reason why I love him so much... when he is villain , he makes me hate him and when he is in love , he just makes you wish to have such kinda guy....!

Regarding the villainous character Mr. Tayyar in Kara Para Ask, well , I would say there is a surprise coming up but on a latter stage... I would not like to give it away.... this is one drama which has every element... Romance-Angst-Crime-Suspense....but in middle it gets a bit draggy...Omar is highly moralistic like no lying policy... but life i believe far more complicated than that.... How he gradually understands it.... how he seems to start loving elif more than anything in the world despite some of her lies... how elif proposed omar first... how it takes him by surprise... each n every scene... asli's madness.... everything... 

This is one drama ... you would not believe... i was living in gurgaon that time...and one day I was going through Fatmagul hangover... I just thought to give this drama a chance... I just sit in front of my laptop from friday night.... and kept kept kept watching.... I did end by fast forwarding by sunday night...

He has another drama Olene Kadar.... this did not do well... hence shelfed after like 20 or so episodes...then he took 1.5 years break and did two movies.... both did well in turkish box office.... and now he is again back with a love story...Sefirin Kazi.... 

• Like 2
  • Love 1