[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

22 hours ago, Tarsstar14 said:

Hello, this is my first time posting on this forum! I began lurking this forum after having watched EP547, which was loaded with SA moments. Before that episode, I didn't really think too much about what their relationship was. Now, after having too much time on my hands and reading posts that dated back from 2018, I became more intrigued on what people thought about SA's relationship. I'm a bit sad that this forum doesn't have the activity that it once had. However, I understand due to COVID-19 or people being active on other platforms. I wanted to post because I wanted to get people's opinions on the recent events that have occurred: 1) SJH's latest interview and 2) The resurgence of SA loveline.

1) As I read SJH's latest interview and reading her denying romantic relations with KJK ("The loveline is not real" or "We're not seeing each other - there were different translations), I sort of deflected it because it did not make sense to me that a relationship announcement would be revealed in an interview. Many celebrities have shutdown questions like these and only revealed their relationship when they were caught by paparazzi or when they were ready to reveal their relationship. What do you all think?

2) With the resurgence of the SA loveline, I'm honestly not sure what to think. Is it wrong for me to think that the revival of the loveline is to help with the ratings or to create new dynamics? It has definitely become more prominent after YJS teased SJH and KJK about their video. I had some thoughts about why the SA loveline is making its return and they are: 1) With the amount of views that accumulated with SJH appearing on KJK's channel, this was possibly a business move by SBS (flip flopping on this though) and 2) SA are steadily revealing their relationship. However, I'm kind of iffy on this as SA are both private people. Again, I'm not really sure what to think and just wrote whatever came to mind. Many of their interactions are just so couple-like that it definitely seems like there is something going on between them, but with the recent events, its seems like they're just great friends. Even if they're not dating, it's great to see that these two are there for each other. I guess at the end of the day, only time can tell. How do you guys feel about the resurgence of the SA loveline and your thoughts about their relationship?

You know, that's what I called dilemma, on one hand, when SA moments not much, we desperate for more and quite confident they have something, on another hand, with recent explosive amounts of SA, we doubt ourselves on whether SA is a true thing or not...

Anyway, yes, there maybe business purposes for RM to start showing a lot of SA moments, or maybe SA thinks that, you know what, we are not young, let's reveal a bit more to prepare for the ultimate reveal...

And I agree on the interview part, they won't reveal relationship over some interview...

So, I will be more inclined to, yes, most probably SA is a thing after all, the recent amount of SA moments are agreed by both RM and SA.

This ship will keep going on until the days when either SA official or one of them have official partner which are not each other.

• Like 5

On 9/2/2021 at 8:14 AM, Tarsstar14 said:

1) As I read SJH's latest interview and reading her denying romantic relations with KJK ("The loveline is not real" or "We're not seeing each other - there were different translations), I sort of deflected it because it did not make sense to me that a relationship announcement would be revealed in an interview.

2) With the resurgence of the SA loveline, I'm honestly not sure what to think. Is it wrong for me to think that the revival of the loveline is to help with the ratings or to create new dynamics? How do you guys feel about the resurgence of the SA loveline and your thoughts about their relationship?

Sorry that I haven't posted in awhile! I've been busy.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your thoughts! And I'm glad people are still reading through this forum. I highly recommend checking out some of the older posts too. Both of these questions are things I've talked a lot about with other SA fans and mulled over, because I think they're important things to be considered. It'd be blind of us to dismiss these things without any thought, so I'll throw in my two cents.

1) SJH's interview. It's hard for me to take this as definitive proof that they're not dating, because we have seen celebrities deny a relationship and then shortly after reveal their marriage plans with the same person. KJK has even said in the past that he will deny until he's ready to announce. So my only big takeaway from the interview is that if they are dating, SA are likely not planning to announce in the next couple months. I know a lot of SA fans were speculating that we were rapidly heading towards an SA marriage announcement in the wake of the loveline return and the SA youtube videos, but there doesn't seem to be any reason to give an outright denial right now if they were heading towards a marriage announcement soon.

2) I always first assume that SBS and RM are trying to make money. I've been saying since 2016 that RM should use SA loveline and it's weird that they're so back and forth about it. So my first guess is that the SA loveline returned (the Yoo vs Kim Daesang ep is what I consider the official return of the loveline) to boost ratings. It's possible that LKS leaving pushed them to use to loveline, since LKS was obviously a big presence in the show. The SA Youtube videos then probably pushed SA into even more of a hot topic and resulted in the increased screen time.

All that being said, in my opinion, SA seem much more comfortable with their loveline now than they did back in 2019. They seemed to be against the loveline back then, or at least reluctant at times (with a few exceptions, of course). This may be in part because there was friction between them and the PD at the time, or SA weren't ready to have their relationship thrown into the spotlight to that degree. Who knows. But now, you have KJK inviting SJH to his youtube channel as his first guest and making those editing decisions. This decision does not involve SBS or RM, so we can say that the loveline is not being forced on him for the sake of ratings. He chose, in this case, to support the loveline on his personal youtube channel. We an definitely argue that KJK invited SJH knowing that they're a hot topic and it would increase views, but in that case, it would still mean that KJK was willing to incite rumors about him and SJH.

As I said in previous post, SA can be a real relationship and be a loveline. These things are not mutually exclusive. However, we do now have to look at all of SA's 2021 interaction and ask, "Is this scripted?" Things like KJK knowing the SJH needed a water bottle and taking the lid off for her during the fanmeet, I would assume is not scripted, but part of their natural interactions. If SA started acting suspiciously only now, then I wouldn't think they were dating, and I would dismiss it as part of the loveline. The thing is SA have had suspicious interactions for years, dating back to 2012-2013 era. There's a whole lot of moments and bts rumors leading up to why a number of think they're dating even if the loveline exists solely for ratings.

I was talking about this with another SA fan, but at a certain point you have to ask: how many of these interactions are too much? I'm sure I can find moments of KJK interacting with JSM or SJH interacting with any of the other male members that would look suspicious, but how many of these moments of KJK paying too much attention to SJH or SA taking special notice of each other, how many moments do we need before we say "This goes beyond friendship."

That ended up a lot longer than I intended, but I figured I'd share some of my thoughts. It might be a nonsense mess, but feel free to ask more questions.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 6:14 AM, Tarsstar14 said:

Hello, this is my first time posting on this forum! I began lurking this forum after having watched EP547, which was loaded with SA moments. Before that episode, I didn't really think too much about what their relationship was. Now, after having too much time on my hands and reading posts that dated back from 2018, I became more intrigued on what people thought about SA's relationship. I'm a bit sad that this forum doesn't have the activity that it once had. However, I understand due to COVID-19 or people being active on other platforms. I wanted to post because I wanted to get people's opinions on the recent events that have occurred: 1) SJH's latest interview and 2) The resurgence of SA loveline.

Hello @Tarsstar14! My reply is pretty late, but I still would love to give some thoughts about your questions. 

Re:

1. Song Ji Hyo's interview at that time saying that the love line isn't real and that they are not seeing each other, I think it's just a white lie. It's been given that a lot of celebrities have been denying their relationship at first and then will eventually admit it once they have broken up or have decided to get married. I believe SJH has already denied her relationship with a famous celebrity in the past because there was an episode when her friend visited and told them that everyone will be shocked if they found out who she dated in the past (I was thinking either Joo Ji Hoon or Jo In Sung because the guest said that ex-boyfriend of hers is pretty famous). So, I think JH is also not the type of celebrity who admits her personal love life in public. Thus, making her and Kim Jong Kook compatible since he's also a private person.

2. And about the comeback of SpartAce love line, in my opinion, it's more like hitting two birds with one stone. They have definitely seen the power of KJK and SJH together in the eyes and in the heart of the public (domestically and internationally). The number of views of KJK's videos with SJH in them was very massive, so possible that they would like to attract more viewers to watch the show and witness these two people who are already attracted to each other. Also, I think KJK and SJH have finally decided to let everything fall into place in a slowly but surely manner. They obviously have special feelings towards each other and Yu Jae Suk isn't the type to root for someone to someone if that someone's already taken (like how Kwang Soo was supposed to be in a love line with So Min, but he didn't react knowing Sun Bin has been dating KS already). With all the actions of slowly opening revelations, I think it is just a matter of time for them to openly admit their relationship. I believe KJK will definitely man up and reveal their real status once he knows for sure that he and she are both ready to take and overcome the risks that will hit them personally and professionally.

Just like what Ha Ha and Se Chan yell whenever they have a chance, that's Sarang(Love) Power! :cutekitty:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, BlackLotus1025 said:

1. I believe SJH has already denied her relationship with a famous celebrity in the past because there was an episode when her friend visited and told them that everyone will be shocked if they found out who she dated in the past (I was thinking either Joo Ji Hoon or Jo In Sung because the guest said that ex-boyfriend of hers is pretty famous).

I don't know about Jo In Sung, but it's accepted knowledge that SJH dated Joo Ji Hoon. It's easy to search up, and you can see the disgruntled comments by people that shipped YEH with him lol. What a weird love square.

6 hours ago, BlackLotus1025 said:

2. They obviously have special feelings towards each other and Yu Jae Suk isn't the type to root for someone to someone if that someone's already taken (like how Kwang Soo was supposed to be in a love line with So Min, but he didn't react knowing Sun Bin has been dating KS already).

I agree with some of this and disagree with other parts. Firstly, I agree that SA seem to be "killing two birds with one stone", they were already dating but also their relationship is popular in the fandom. They seem much more relaxed with the loveline now than back in 2019.

However, I disagree with the emphasis placed on YJS's support of SA. I think the SA fandom tends to place a lot on YJS's comments rather than acknowledge that he is a professional and is doing his job. I've seen fans put too much stock in his words and then go into a spiral after YJS voices support of some other loveline (MC, KJK-HJY, etc.). Even recently, YJS has been saying how he's a fan of the JongYoon loveline. I'm not saying that YJS's reactions to SA have no meaning, but to hold it up as evidence that SA are dating ignores the fact that YJS is a professional MC who has been creating lovelines since the XMan days.

These last few episodes have been great on SA moments, and also the guests have been hilarious! I'm looking forward to Sunday!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, linzer03 said:

I don't know about Jo In Sung, but it's accepted knowledge that SJH dated Joo Ji Hoon. It's easy to search up, and you can see the disgruntled comments by people that shipped YEH with him lol. What a weird love square.

I agree with some of this and disagree with other parts. Firstly, I agree that SA seem to be "killing two birds with one stone", they were already dating but also their relationship is popular in the fandom. They seem much more relaxed with the loveline now than back in 2019.

However, I disagree with the emphasis placed on YJS's support of SA. I think the SA fandom tends to place a lot on YJS's comments rather than acknowledge that he is a professional and is doing his job. I've seen fans put too much stock in his words and then go into a spiral after YJS voices support of some other loveline (MC, KJK-HJY, etc.). Even recently, YJS has been saying how he's a fan of the JongYoon loveline. I'm not saying that YJS's reactions to SA have no meaning, but to hold it up as evidence that SA are dating ignores the fact that YJS is a professional MC who has been creating lovelines since the XMan days.

These last few episodes have been great on SA moments, and also the guests have been hilarious! I'm looking forward to Sunday!

Hi there @linzer03! I like your banner. Thank you for replying to my post and for sharing your thoughts about it. 

Yeah, it's so much fun watching them being more open to teasing even though KJK sometimes nags at them to stop. Haha. You know, the more you deny, the more you desire. Haha. 

And true, there's a lot of evidence that it was Joo Ji Hoon who she dated in the past. I remember there was this article about JJH resorting to drugs after their break-up because he couldn't really let their relationship end, but I think JH cared too much about those antis so she just really did leave. There was this episode on Running Man when Song Joong Ki wanted her to be his partner, but she mentioned that she doesn't like antis the most especially receiving their hatred letters. Of course, this is just what I assume because of the articles and the scenes I've seen so far.

Thanks for openly disagreeing about the second one. I agree that Yoo Jae Suk is just being professional in doing so, however, I think he personally roots for KJK and SJH, too. I don't mind him mentioning about KJK and Yoon Eun Hye because there was this moment when he said that even if KJK has already started dating SJH, make sure that he still invites YEH on RM. It's probably given that he has been creating love lines for so many years now, but him creating the LL for SJH and KJH hits different since it feels like he's both into it personally and professionally. 

And yes! I couldn't agree more! The last episodes so far have been showing us more of their interactions that have been evident yet "hidden" in the past openly now. And the set of guests last week was so funny! I really won't mind having them back as guests again or even having Kim Yeon Kyung as a mainstay. She's so hilarious that keeps me wondering if Lee Kwang Soo will ever come back. Too bad when she guested in the past with LKS still in the show, they didn't really have much interaction with her. Can't wait to see them again next week! And I'm so excited about the questions to be asked and how they will be answered! 

Just one more day! :rickroll:

• Like 6

I very much enjoyed the Volleyball team episodes! They really deserved to have 2.5 episodes dedicated to them because they were entertaining, funny and witty! I loved their chemistry … almost as much as uri SpartAce~ 

I do love that they’re more open to the love line now and I like many others hope one day they’ll announce that the love line is in fact real. I smiled from ear to ear when KJK kept insisting to hear SJH answer about why she admires (forgot exact  wording) him LOLOL 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, musicalflow. said:

I very much enjoyed the Volleyball team episodes! They really deserved to have 2.5 episodes dedicated to them because they were entertaining, funny and witty! I loved their chemistry … almost as much as uri SpartAce~ 

I do love that they’re more open to the love line now and I like many others hope one day they’ll announce that the love line is in fact real. I smiled from ear to ear when KJK kept insisting to hear SJH answer about why she admires (forgot exact  wording) him LOLOL 

Likewise! The guests were so funny, adorable, competitive, and game so they really deserved to appear on not just one episode. I wish they could guest more if their time permits. 

Yes, it's pretty good to see them being open to it nowadays. Although the latest episodes didn't show much of their interactions, it was fun watching them getting teased and open to admitting to questions assigned to them. When KJK was asked if he finds SJH adorable, even though he didn't admit to it right away, he did at the end and the way he explained his answer was very cute to look at; he stated more than one thing and I feel like that says a lot. Haha. When it was SJH's turn to be asked, YJS and YSC kept telling her to just admit it, but I think she was already okay to admit it. Haha. It was nice to hear that she finds JK dependable, that he looks out for her, he eats well, plus he drives Mercedes Benz G-class and he lives in Apgujeong as the reasons on why her ideal type is KJK. 

I definitely repeated the part when he asked and insisted to have SJH answered the question why he makes his heart flutter. Not just once, but many times. Too bad we couldn't hear why because she said she'd "call" him later. Glad to see the members supportive of them together or to get together. 

I'm excited for the next episode, too! Squid Game is really gaining a lot of popularity (the show deserves it - it's well-written and directed) and it was like a thought coming true because I thought of the members participating in a show like that and wondering which among them will bag that million dollar prize the first time I saw the suits. Haha.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2021 at 6:07 AM, musicalflow. said:

What episode is this for? I don’t think I’ve seen it

It is from ep 577.

They played a game that they have to wear the headphone and yell suggestions so their partner can guess what is on the board.

I wonder why did JK choose to say that as it was not needed for the word JH had to say, close but not needed.

But they both didnt seem surprise about it, their reactions in later part of the game was way cuter though.

What do you guy think about it?

Anyways, wish you all the best ^^, hope everything will be alright, especially now with the Covid situation.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

So what do you guys think about the released teaser today?

For me, I have two extreme possibilities in my mind.

1. SA is trying to get more and more people accept their relationship and see them in a romantic light in a way of readying them, and today's teaser is their biggest attempt. With this pace, the very much awaited announcement might come very soon. 

2. SA is making clear that they are nothing but an onscreen couple by continuously pushing the loveline, purely for commercial purpose. 

I can't help but think of these two extreme sides since this kind of SA is very strange to me, having followed and shipped them for their small and hidden interactions and affections throughout these years. Everything is so fast and heavy, and honestly, I'm at a loss on what to make of it.

So I would like to know different insights and thoughts from you all too.

• Like 6