[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

On JH's instagram where she thanked fan support for 21st debut, she is seen wearing a hat with spartace tag and spartace fanart in front of her. Just wondering if she ever noticeably wore or associated with spartace items/swags before. I always supported spartace but recently became kind of obsessed so not sure if this has always been the case to support the RM loveline. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 98Love98 said:

On JH's instagram where she thanked fan support for 21st debut, she is seen wearing a hat with spartace tag and spartace fanart in front of her. Just wondering if she ever noticeably wore or associated with spartace items/swags before. I always supported spartace but recently became kind of obsessed so not sure if this has always been the case to support the RM loveline. 

Yes. Both she and KJK has appeared in pictures before with Spartace signs/swag at fan meetings.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 12:48 PM, 98Love98 said:

I really hope they start dating. I am saying dating and not married because during the back hug segment and the almost kissing part, KJK and SJH were confused about their kissing position and KJK was saying he always turns left or something. And SJH was saying that’s weird. If they were together all along, wouldn’t they have known their habits?

@98Love98I totally agree! I had always hoped that they were dating all this time, but after watching all the videos on the making of the music video and the video itself, it is obvious that they have NOT been dating at the time this was shot (which I think was May of last year?). BUT, the comment by HaHa in one BTS video where he says "I hope they start dating after this" was very hopeful!

If the video WAS shot last year, maybe they are dating now? Because they seem to be a bit different on RM for like the last 3-4 months. Just my opinion. . . 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AkiChan said:

@98Love98I totally agree! I had always hoped that they were dating all this time, but after watching all the videos on the making of the music video and the video itself, it is obvious that they have NOT been dating at the time this was shot (which I think was May of last year?). BUT, the comment by HaHa in one BTS video where he says "I hope they start dating after this" was very hopeful!

If the video WAS shot last year, maybe they are dating now? Because they seem to be a bit different on RM for like the last 3-4 months. Just my opinion. . . 

and JK just smirk when Jae Suk teased him that his girlfriend is in self quarantine at home, not  a hint of denial as he usually did :D:D

• Love 1

11 hours ago, AkiChan said:

I wouldn't believe 100% things said by celebrity on TV show (referring to Haha's comment) because there is NO WAY 2 close friends (not lovers or fwb) can be so comfortable with each other like them esp during the couch scene and the kitchen scene. Even during the bedscene the vibe I get is nervousness, shyness and awkwardness but they are definitely comfortable sleeping next to each other like that ;)

But anyway it does not matter when they start to date - what's important is we believe they are currently dating now :wub: And looking at the way they are currently trending in Korea (their vids get millions of views, most are South Korean) Outrun is no 2 on the trending list in Disney Plus Kr..I am

hoping good news will bless us in a near future :wub:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kim HaengBok said:

I wouldn't believe 100% things said by celebrity on TV show (referring to Haha's comment) because there is NO WAY 2 close friends (not lovers or fwb) can be so comfortable with each other like them esp during the couch scene and the kitchen scene. Even during the bedscene the vibe I get is nervousness, shyness and awkwardness but they are definitely comfortable sleeping next to each other like that ;)

But anyway it does not matter when they start to date - what's important is we believe they are currently dating now :wub: And looking at the way they are currently trending in Korea (their vids get millions of views, most are South Korean) Outrun is no 2 on the trending list in Disney Plus Kr..I am

hoping good news will bless us in a near future :wub:

amen to that chingu :wub::wub::wub:, they should just speed things up, the biological clock is ticking :tounge_wink::tounge_wink:

I don't know how to say this, so I'll just put it bluntly. They are neither inexperienced teenagers first time finding love, nor old friends who meet once in a blue moon. If they are dating, they have been dating for a while, just as KJK jokingly replied in ep.547. If they aren't dating, they won't magically realise their feelings after 11 years of constant contact.

Now about their conversation over the "almost" kiss. Statistically, most people lean right when initiating a kiss. There have been studies about it, I'll include a link to an article under a spoiler tag but you can also google it.

Instinctively, I would lean right too, unless my placement was restrictive. Anyway, SJH here is doing what actors do during kissing scenes; she is discussing the angle. I can't tell if she seriously wants to clarify how they wiill be shooting it or she is lowkey teasing him as his blushing has variety value too, perhaps both, but the point is professional actors like her do discuss such scenes. It has nothing to do with whether they have kissed before or not, nothing to do with knowing anyone's habit as she would ask regardless (objectively, there's nothing to "know", people go either right or left, that's it, it becomes important only at each separate scene). KJK's reaction is where the interest lies. First of all, it's obvious he isn't used to shooting kissing scenes, as he finds SJH's question absurd and gets flustered. He is omitting the important technicalities, answering what's obvious to him - "what do you mean, I always go this way, girls go the opposite" - and laughing, because for anyone who isn't an actor such a scene could be embarrassing.

The question is whether this is the only explanation behind his reaction. Let's assume that instead of filming Outrun, he was shooting his own videoclip, not with SJH, but with a model hired for this purpose. If the model asked him about the kissing angle, wouldn't he make sure to explain - even if not used to such scenes - exactly cause he would want to be extra cautious and not accidentally make the woman feel uncomfortable due to their proximity? Remember his stalling pepero game in ep. 198 in order to make everything clear about his and HYS's attempt. Yet in Outrun, it's how, after the initial surprise, he doesn't see it as his obligation to seriously discuss the angle and continues being startled that makes it suspect. Does he expect SJH to follow his lead as usual and her teasing takes him by surprise? His question "When...?" has garnered attention, with some Korean fans treating it as a possible reference to how they normally kiss, but it's left hanging incomplete. This also indicates we shouldn't overanalyse it further and should just enjoy the scene for what it is. If a speculation has to be drawn out of it, as you can see, it's a positive one.

ETA: KJK has tested positive for Covid-19. YSC & JSJ too, hopefully they will all have a speedy recovery.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1512336wpp/kim-jong-kook-tests-positive-for-covid-19

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/6/2022 at 6:29 PM, <3Spartace said:

Hi! Can we talk about what jaesuk said that jihyo didn’t know about kjk being positive? It’s kinda disappointing but i also find it hard to believe

JS's story does not align with real life timeline. News stating that JH is negative came out around 1 hour after JK's news came out so I doubt it took her hours before finding out JK got covid. And like u said, does it make sense for her to take covid test without knowing why? So I guess the story is actually exaggerated to play up JH's dam/mong character on RM :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How's everyone doing? It's been awhile since I posted on here...

Thankfully, KJK and SJH seem to be doing well. They at least haven't been avoiding each other like they did in 2020, which I half expected to happen after the loveline in 2021. 

I don't have a lot of faith in the RM cast being honest when they tell us things about their personal lives. They may have a truthful basis for the stories they tell, but they tend to exaggerate for variety's sake. If they are dating, then they're not in the open about it, so of course they're not going to say the full truth about their interactions.

Anyway, hope y'all are doing well! Excited for the next ep!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I'll post some of my thoughts on the recent episodes:

Ep 596: The Type B vs A+KJK + floating JSM episode

- Around 30:00 mins in. The cast is discussing blood types, and they can't believe SJH is type A. KJK is the one who cuts in to say that it suits he, as she's the type to bring up something from years ago and sulk. Another example of SA knowing each other outside of RM.

-The Chicken product placement. Around 56 mins into the ep. JSJ teases KJK to feed SJH when they're doing to product placement for friend chicken. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of moments where SA are doing something mundane and one of the cast members goes "You should kiss" or some other random thing. I wonder if the client wanted KJK and SJH to eat the friend chicken together, which is what caused JSJ to say that they should create a moment.

-KJK tells JSJ he's not going to be invited to SA's wedding. I don't put too much thought into this joke, since it's the kind of joke anyone could make if they were teased about their wedding. If we take everything they say at face value, then if SA gets married, poor JSJ is going to lose all his assets and he won't even get to go to the wedding.

-My favorite SA moment of the ep is probably when SJH misses the ball (around 1:16). The members' teasing works for me here because it came out of a naturally occurring moment. SJH missed the ball, they look at each other after, KJK smiles. It's a nice moment.

I think KJK-JSJ-SJH are actually a pretty good team (JSJ often tries to do well when he's on their team), but this was an ep with more physical games and the other team was YJS-YSC-HH.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I think the ball is in KJK's hand now, it's depends on if he can muster the courage to asked for JH's hands, he might be too afraid to do that, afraid it would ruined what they already had these far, he keeps on trying to find the signs from JH, keeps on asking her why she treat him differently from others (his name in her phone), if she find him desirable (what she likes about him)

If only he can see what we see, he should just asked her hands already, it's obvious that she likes him too ;);)

and see the different reaction of KJK toward SM and JH, he put on defensive hands when SM flirted with him :D:D

279865787_10160066254444777_137607251596

Can i post my thoughts the recents SA happenings here too…

-It’s not in rm but in KJK’s new show PCIH.. although he denied that his heart flutters for her (which was totally expected), i <3 that they said that they can vent out to each other without worry. It proves how close they are offcam.

-Jaesuk’s comment that he doesn’t want kjk and sjh to do anything that will confuse people of their relationship and in 601 he said that it’s better not to hope for them in real life. I think it’s highly sus that he said these when he’s the one always promoting the loveline. they toned down the teasing, w/c is good, but lately SA’s own actions seems more genuine and sus. I think jaesuk is aware of these moments that are going around online so he’s being careful and toning it down even more. Right now they can’t date and be in the same show in Korea so even if they are, people can’t know yet. Also, it’s sus that kjk didn’t react. he could say that it’s true and that they’re not together like he always does 

- I love the genuine crumbs now, when they’re unknowingly very comfy with each other

if in case they’re not together yet, i’m happy that they have each other because what they have seems to be special.it’s quite obvious with how they are together compared to how the are with other people 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, <3Spartace said:

Can i post my thoughts the recents SA happenings here too…

-It’s not in rm but in KJK’s new show PCIH.. although he denied that his heart flutters for her (which was totally expected), i <3 that they said that they can vent out to each other without worry. It proves how close they are offcam.

From what I watched, KJK not outright denying his heart flutter for her, he divert the answer by saying that they are like family, which (in other occasion) when Ha Ha said Sarange to Ji Hyo via phone, JK complained him, Ha ha then claim Ji Hyo was like family for him, he outright told him that she's not his family, only Byul and their children can be called his family.. by his logic, does this means that he want to say that Ji Hyo to him is like Byul is to Ha Ha? :p :p

• Like 1

It's dangerous to take what the RM cast say at face value. RM is a product that they are trying to sell to the audience. In front of the cameras, YJS is going to say what he thinks will appeal to the audience. If that means supporting SA, he will. If that means supporting KJK with YEH, he will. This doesn't mean that YJS doesn't support SA in real life, just that what he says on the show is for the show first and foremost. 

I was talking to some other SA fans, and someone brought up the point that YJS's character in RM requires him to be opposed to what JSJ supports. Back when JSJ didn't believe SA could be real (e.g. made the joke about his assets), YJS was supportive of SA on the show. Now that JSJ is supportive of SA, YJS counters that by throwing doubt on SA. Basically, YJS's stance on SA during RM may simply be his character reacting to JSJ's character rather than any real opinion of his own.

KJK and SJH are also going to lie through their teeth about being a couple. KJK has said that he always lies about dating  and will lie until he gets married. On Problem Child, of course they're not going to admit to any attraction to each other and claim that they're only family. What else are they going to say? If you're dating in secret, that generally means you have to put sone effort into keeping it a secret.

Also, I have things to say about the phone contacts moment, but I'll get to that after work.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, linzer03 said:

Also, I have things to say about the phone contacts moment, but I'll get to that after work.

can't wait to see your analysis, it's felt like we are in some kind of conspiracy :D:D it's so exciting :D:D

@linzer03 Hi! Hope you've been well! Your posts keep me coming back to this forum. 

One thing i wonder about is the development of SJH's social media presence, along with recent changes to her 'character' on RM. Are the two related and part of a bigger plan of character development of 'SJH in RM'? Or not related- rather the changes in social media presence being a personal development of SJH?

• Like 1

Hi! I'm new here and made this account out of curiosity. I personally take things at face value as I don't like to speculate, but I think the analyses in this forum, especially by @linzer03, are really interesting-- definitely made me go down the rabbit hole. Still, I like to believe whatever SJH and KJK say outside RM and MUD-- where they have to play characters. For instance, in the PCIH episode, apart from referring to each other as family, KJK referred to SJH as his dongsaeng. I think that would be extremely strange and inappropriate if there was really something going on between them. That said, I respect the opinions of shippers who do believe there's something going on because no one among fans really knows what's going on in reality anyway-- we're all equally ignorant. So I wanted to ask people who do believe there's something going on between the two: what would convince you that there is nothing going on between them?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fs10 said:

@linzer03 Hi! Hope you've been well! Your posts keep me coming back to this forum. 

One thing i wonder about is the development of SJH's social media presence, along with recent changes to her 'character' on RM. Are the two related and part of a bigger plan of character development of 'SJH in RM'? Or not related- rather the changes in social media presence being a personal development of SJH?

I'm glad to hear my posts still have use to people after all these years. I cringe when I think of reading back over them lol

SJH starting to post more is interesting, but I don't particularly think it relates to SA. She's mentioned that she's trying to change up her image, which, to me, is a pretty believable reason.

In terms of SA... I would think them trying at build a character for her on RM hints that she's not planning on leaving RM on her own soon. Before LKS left, you could see his character being toned down a bit. Now, SJH doesn't have massive presence that LKS did, but she is one of the most popular cast members. I would think RM would place less emphasis on SA and them individually if they were planning on one or both were leaving the show. I personally don't think they'll get married, if they plan to, until RM ends. So this to me would indicate there's no marriage news on the horizon. But also, they could announce marriage tomorrow and I wouldn't be surprised.

@Swan Solimo I totally understand not wanting to speculate too much. I think we should always try to understand that celebs are human. They're going to make mistakes, make silly decisions, are going to be petty. They're going to do what's in their best interests and they are going to do things fir profit. Most lovelines are faje and purely for variety. The thing with SA is that we have 12 years to look at of interactions (albiet most of these interactions through the lens of RM). It's not only based on interactions while promoting a drama or even as a loveline. There is a lot of evidence indicating they dated well before it's in their best interests to play a loveline.

I'm curious why you don't think KJK and SJH aren't playing characters on PCIH? Their characters may not be the same as their RM characters, but they are still playing up a variety image. What do you think KJK shpuld have said in that situation if he was dating SJH, doesn't want to offend fans, and wants to keep it a secret? 

I'm so glad to hear from everyone! I thought this forum was dead lol. I hope you're all doing well and staying safe!

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1