[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

I thought it would be a shame not to also mention the latest domestic SA goodness here. As a KJK fan first and foremost, I'm really happy his venture into vlogging has been an absolute success so far.

spacer.png

Many of us will agree that we never expected SJH to be KJK's first guest, even if we had joked about it. Running his own youtube channel is a new endeavour for KJK, and usually at such times the closest people to us are the first to show their support. In the past, SJH has attended the opening of KJK and HH's restaurant, has been among the first KJK related guests on MUD, has been mentioned in the first episodes of Big Picture, has supported Turbo in their concert despite not being among the night's performers like guests usually are and so on.

SA were a delight to watch throughout the video. Both natural, comfortable with each other and their surroundings (especially SJH looked pretty accustomed to the apartment), enjoyable in their funny banter like a long-standing couple. Truth is we may still not know the real nature of their relationship, but the idea of siblings that some fans have in their mind is something to wonder about; I've never seen a brother so softly staring at his sister while she's doing the most mundane thing, aka eating, and then smiling away. Not once, but repeatedly. Except, maybe, in a Bernardo Bertolucci film.

Since KJK's channel launch coincided with SJH's upcoming TV drama, it was the perfect opportunity for them to promote both with this collaboration and I'm glad they did. However, at the end of the day, KJK's priority is his channel and its quality content. He could have chosen a fitness superstar as a first guest, exactly cause he is very serious about body-building. He had already gained a lot of traffic with his previous videos, should he continue on this path, even new business opportunities may rise - i.e. his own fitness show. He could have literally chosen any Korean sports person, besides it's the gym enthusiasts that will help him establish a following, not the casual fan that may lose interest if training isn't their thing. Yet, KJK chose SJH, who's known neither for exercising, nor for her healthy diet. Her TV drama has plenty of buzz already, and if they aren't together, why would KJK put promoting her above everything else?

Meanwhile, people in SA's environment openly endorse them. First, we have Tiny, who for weeks now advertises SJH's TV drama and KJK's youtube channel on social media almost daily. Tiny's involvement with SA has always been quite interesting. A few months ago he had posted the following:

Spoiler

If SJH had been an avid LA visitor or had recently expressed her intention to visit LA once the covid-19 restrictions were lifted, I would totally get this joke's phrasing. Considering she has done neither, why would SA's close friend deliberately fuel the fantasies of his followers - knowing well the majority of them are RM fans and may burden SA - if the "joke" had little to no chance of happening? All the people who still flatly rule out the possibility of SA being a couple should consider what this belief implies for Tiny; that basically a wealthy man of his age, who has been the owner of nightclubs, who is neither an influencer, nor a journalist hunting for gossip, who has nothing to gain as he already has access to the Korean entertainment industry, that kind of man spends his time conversing on IG with young fans (a big portion of whom he knows are SA fans) and even follows SA accounts, even though the ship is totally fake. I hope people realise how messed up this scenario is.

Secondly, SJH's hairstylist shared a picture of her screen showing KJK and SJH's video, praising them and adding a heart-eyed sticker - a representation of herself while watching. You can find a translation of her caption on Spartacecouplenew's post : https://www.instagram.com/p/CREe2xBNpgD/  Similarly, former RM PD, Kim Joo Hyung, also updated his IG story.

We are all looking forward to the second part of this unforeseen collaboration. People who haven't been following SJH or Spartace may get the idea that SJH is a complete stranger to working out, but this is untrue and anyone can find more references in older interviews and shows (for example, in the show Go Fridge she revealed she eats chicken breast after her exercising). In KJK's video, however, SJH embodies the average female viewer who bears all the queries of a beginner and by posing the right (and probably planned) questions, provides KJK with the opportunity to explain a number of topics. A quite nice and functioning format really, and as you can see, SA are already reaping what they sowed; at the time of this post, the video has already exceeded 5.2 million views.

On the Running Man front, there have been various moments that are worthy of mentioning and I'll probably return to this topic in another post. I'd just like to briefly reply to something Xonos was wondering in an earlier comment, regarding KJK's gym equipment taking up space in his apartment and whether this could be an obstacle for a future spouse living with him. KJK is a popular and wealthy 45 years old singer/entertainer, there's no reason for a guy like him to continue living in a small apartment intended for filming purposes once he decides to get married. There's also no reason for him to reveal his plans to us and whether he already has another place or not. Often celebrities own more than one apartment/house, so they can live their private lives peacefully, away from media and fans' prying eyes.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

^ Your post is exactly what I needed and what I have been thinking of.

The spartace thread has not been as loud as before and then KJK throws a surprise at us with is youtube channel. We get a full 11 minutes+ just to watch them interact together that is not RM. There's just so many what ifs and I hope one day it will come true for our Spartace fans. I am also positive the views will keep going up as its not even a whole 24 hours yet! The comments on there are also very good to see. I cant stop watching the video without smiling!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Adora Dark said:

I thought it would be a shame not to also mention the latest domestic SA goodness here. As a KJK fan first and foremost, I'm really happy his venture into vlogging has been an absolute success so far.

Many of us will agree that we never expected SJH to be KJK's first guest, even if we had joked about it. Running his own youtube channel is a new endeavour for KJK, and usually at such times the closest people to us are the first to show their support. In the past, SJH has attended the opening of KJK and HH's restaurant, he been among the first KJK related guests on MUD, has been mentioned in the first episodes of Big Picture, has supported Turbo in their concert despite not being among the night's performers like guests usually are and so on.

SA were a delight to watch throughout the video. Both natural, comfortable with each other and their surroundings (especially SJH looked pretty accustomed to the apartment), enjoyable in their funny banter like a long-standing couple. Truth is we may still not know the real nature of their relationship, but the idea of siblings that some fans have in their mind is something to wonder about; I've never seen a brother so softly staring at his sister while she's doing the most mundane thing, aka eating, and then smiling away. Not once, but repeatedly. Except, maybe, in a Bernardo Bertolucci film.

Since KJK's channel launch coincided with SJH's upcoming TV drama, it was the perfect opportunity for them to promote both with this collaboration and I'm glad they did. However, at the end of the day, KJK's priority is his channel and its quality content. He could have chosen a fitness superstar as a first guest, exactly cause he is very serious about body-building. He had already gained a lot of traffic with his previous videos, should he continue on this path, even new business opportunities may rise - i.e. his own fitness show. He could have literally chosen any Korean sports person, besides it's the gym enthusiasts that will help him establish a following, not the casual fan that may lose interest if training isn't their thing. Yet, KJK chose SJH, who's known neither for exercising, nor for her healthy diet. Her TV drama has plenty of buzz already, and if they aren't together, why would KJK put promoting her above everything else?

Meanwhile, people in SA's environment openly endorse them. First, we have Tiny, who for weeks now advertises SJH's TV drama and KJK's youtube channel on social media almost daily. Tiny's involvement with SA has always been quite interesting. A few months ago he had posted the following:

Hide contents

If SJH had been an avid LA visitor or had recently expressed her intention to visit LA once the covid-19 restrictions were lifted, I would totally get this joke's phrasing. Considering she has done neither, why would SA's close friend deliberately fuel the fantasies of his followers - knowing well the majority of them are RM fans and may burden SA - if the "joke" had little to no chance of happening? All the people who still flatly rule out the possibility of SA being a couple should consider what this belief implies for Tiny; that basically a wealthy man of his age, who has been the owner of nightclubs, who is neither an influencer, nor a journalist hunting for gossip, who has nothing to gain as he already has access to the Korean entertainment industry, that kind of man spends his time conversing on IG with young fans (a big portion of whom he knows are SA fans) and even follows SA accounts, even though the ship is totally fake. I hope people realise how messed up this scenario is.

Secondly, SJH's hairstylist shared a picture of her screen showing KJK and SJH's video, praising them and adding a heart-eyed sticker - a representation of herself while watching. You can find a translation of her caption on Spartacecouplenew's post : https://www.instagram.com/p/CREe2xBNpgD/  Similarly, former RM PD, Kim Joo Hyung, also updated his IG story.

We are all looking forward to the second part of this unforeseen collaboration. People who haven't been following SJH or Spartace may get the idea that SJH is a complete stranger to working out, but this is untrue and anyone can find more references in older interviews and shows (for example, in the show Go Fridge she revealed she eats chicken breast after her exercising). In KJK's video, however, SJH embodies the average female viewer who bears all the queries of a beginner and by posing the right (and probably planned) questions, provides KJK with the opportunity to explain a number of topics. A quite nice and functioning format really, and as you can see, SA are already reaping what they sowed; at the time of this post, the video has already exceeded 5.2 million views.

On the Running Man front, there have been various moments that are worthy of mentioning and I'll probably return to this topic in another post. I'd just like to briefly reply to something Xonos was wondering in an earlier comment, regarding KJK's gym equipment taking up space in his apartment and whether this could be an obstacle for a future spouse living with him. KJK is a popular and wealthy 45 years old singer/entertainer, there's no reason for a guy like him to continue living in a small apartment intended for filming purposes once he decides to get married. There's also no reason for him to reveal his plans to us and whether he already has another place or not. Often celebrities own more than one apartment/house, so they can live their private lives peacefully, away from media and fans' prying eyes.

Never thought that my name will be mentioned haha...

Anyway, according to your point, sounds valid. Ya probably KJK already preparing a big house for after marriage life, with more than enough room space for his own home gym...plus his love one.

And yes, for me this 1st part video focus not really on KJK but really on SJH, I would say atleast 70%? Even in the YT comment some said that this is SJH Mukbang instead of KJK video LOL. I think this really show how caring (love?) KJK towards SJH, to promote her upcoming drama...

I really think that they somehow release tidbits of their relationship bit by bit as to not surprise us once the relationship go official? (If official I mean...And I hope...) And to gauge the audience response by YT video views and likes? But judging by the likes and views, I think majority had spoken, so they should just announce it if they want LOL

Edited by Emily Bett
Please do not quote media, thanks!
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Thanks, Adora, for your post! You voiced a lot of my thoughts on the Youtube video and the reactions of people they know. The fact that SJH has repeatedly helped KJK early on in his endeavors - and he's helped her by appearing on Pajama Friends - shows that they have a long history of supporting each other. Especially considering SJH has never guested on JSJ or HH's Youtube channels, there is a sense of her playing favorites here.

As Adora said, I do think a lot of SJH's questions and her concept were planned. SJH is an actress who has had to manage her weight and fitness for years, I doubt she is as new to fitness as her questions make her seem. But she comes off as extremely relatable to female viewers who struggle with dieting and weight-loss (I know I'm one, and definitely guilty of the "I want to look good this summer" plan). We have no way of knowing what was scripted and what was impromptu, but I do think it's hard to act out the looks they exchange throughout the interview, especially knowing that acting is not KJK strong suit. I've seen a lot of comments on how they seem like brother-sister, but I'd be creeped out if my brother ever started staring at me the way KJK stares and then smiles when he looks at SJH eating. If it happened just once, I wouldn't think much of it, but KJK looks at SJH with a smile repeatedly even when she's doing things that seemingly annoy him.

I also believe that KJK doesn't live full-time in that apartment. It's not uncommon for celebs to have multiple homes, and I can't imagine a well-off celebrity in his 40s allowing his personal space to turn into a film studio on a regular basis. Likely, he has another full-time place and uses this apartment mainly for filming and storage. I believe there was also an ep in MUD where he's shown not knowing where things are in the kitchen (please correct me if I'm wrong), which indicates that he probably doesn't live there full-time.

Also, I find this funny. SJH posted about the interview on her official IG account. The SBS official account then commented on her post "아니 두분 뭐하세요..?", which translates to "What are you two doing?" It reminds me of the ep where RM captioned KJK and SJH as "Just Friends.jpg" when the camera man took a picture of KJK hiding behind SJH.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRD5ToHHZoi/

Anyway, it's such a great surprise to have her as his first guest on Gym Jong Kook, and I can't wait for the workout session!

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

A little off topic, i have known this forum since 2017, all the thoughtful and nice comments here keep me coming back everytime.

As i dont have much time to watch RM anymore, i did not come back this forum for a year or more, im really glad that this forum (of spartace) is still active with alot of nice people with sharp eyes, open-minded and best manner.

wish you all the best in this difficult year.

Back to KJK's youtube's video, there was so many special moments in the video. 

He did not even want her to eat the soup or rice (due to the calories) at first but he let people prepare and bring it to her anyways when he only had salad. He didn't even seem mad or annoyed, he just calmly smiled and pampered JH. 

I think it is so sweet xD 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

On 7/10/2021 at 8:55 AM, julia147 said:

A little off topic, i have known this forum since 2017, all the thoughtful and nice comments here keep me coming back everytime.

As i dont have much time to watch RM anymore, i did not come back this forum for a year or more, im really glad that this forum (of spartace) is still active with alot of nice people with sharp eyes, open-minded and best manner.

wish you all the best in this difficult year.

No worries and thank you for sharing your thoughts! I also took some time off from this forum, though I remained cheering for SA. I hope you have time to stop by now and again for some SA updates!

New SA workout video posted on KJK's Youtube channel! Hopefully, it's not the last we see of SJH on his channel.

I see a lot of people thinking that she's a newbie at working out based on these videos, but I'm pretty sure SA discussed beforehand a decided to go with the newbie concept for SJH. That way, she could ask more basic questions and KJK could point out proper posture. It's also motivating for exercise newbies to see someone else persevere through a workout rather than someone who's already fit. But we've seen SJH do situps and other exercise on RM, and she's mentioned working out in interviews. She's also an actress. They usually have diets and physical training, especially when filming. They're also both variety veterans and know how to create these dynamics to make things engaging for viewers.

I do love these videos because we get to see SA interact in an environment that isn't dictated by a major network. Unlike RM, MUD, or Pajama Friends, where KJK and SJH may be instructed by production to play up the loveline concept, this channel belongs to KJK. What they choose to show and what concepts they choose to use are his choices, not a network' or PD's. It's nice seeing how naturally he reaches out to help her, how his voice softens when it seems like she's having a hard time or when she makes him laugh, and how they have fun with each other. Also, SJH has advertised KJK's restaurant and water Miro 700 throughout these videos. What a loyal girlfriend lol.

The editing choice to throw in the kdrama like song and picture montage made me laugh. Before anyone gets too excited, that song is a staple in SK variety shows when things go wrong. One thing I find interesting, though, is that KJK doesn't need SA to promote his channel. He's already had a massive positive response to the channel. If the channel had done poorly or even so-so, I could see him bringing SJH in to boost views, but considering the channel's massive success there's no reason for him to needlessly spark SA dating rumors with these videos.

Looking forward to HH and JSJ complaining on RM that SJH never appeared on their channels, but was the first guest on KJK's. I'll be disappointed if it isn't mentioned this Sunday lol. Hopefully KJK brings SJH back when he needs another guinea pig for his youtube channel.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

I love Witch's Diner.

Glad SJH guested at KJK channel and got to promote it in an unusual unexpected way.

Hope the show is a success. Watched it so far and it's good.

Love love SJH and KJK, more power to you both our SpartAce couple!!!

#TeamPurple #WitchsDiner #SongJiHyo spacer.png

• Like 3

It's been a while. I hope you guys are doing well. Anyone of you watch the Running Man latest episode? JK fix JH hair in that episode and it was a heart fluttering moment. These days, Spartace are feeding us not just crumbs but 'whole' bread. 

• Like 2

On 7/20/2021 at 12:47 AM, kimmongji01 said:

It's been a while. I hope you guys are doing well. Anyone of you watch the Running Man latest episode? JK fix JH hair in that episode and it was a heart fluttering moment. These days, Spartace are feeding us not just crumbs but 'whole' bread. 

I did watch the latest ep! It was a cute moment! I was curious if RM would give us an obvious spartace moment in the wake of the youtube videos receiving such a positive response, and they did. Though, this latest ep was filmed before the youtube videos of SA were released.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRdj70uFIID/

I've seen spartace fans talking about how it's a complete boyfriend move, but I have to disagree with that. Firstly, we have seen LKS take care of SJH in such situations in the past, and we've also seen YSC take care of SJH when she needs help with small things. So I don't think helping SJH with her hair when she asks is a move limited to boyfriends. I also don't think KJK would have refused to help if a female guest had asked him to help in a similar situation. I mean, way back in 2014, we saw KJK help HJY when she had dirt in her eyes by blowing on it. KJK said that it'd be rude to say no when SJH asked outright - and that's true. I also don't find the members' teasing anything special, as I think they would say much the same things if SJH had been a guest asking for help.

Now that I've said, onto the things that stood out to me about the moment. Firstly, KJK was a lot quicker to respond to SJH's request for help than I would expect him to be for anyone else. Unless there was some joke dynamic set up between him and the guest before hand, I would expect KJK to hesitate if a female guest or even JSM asked him for help during a game when he wasn't on their team, ask "Why me?" etc. When SJH asked, there was pretty much zero hesitation on his part, as if he expected her to ask or was used to it.

The second thing that stood out to me was SJH's smile in response to the staff's "ooooh". She's practically glowing. Which is a bit of an odd response if the person who helped her was just a friend. I can't imagine her smiling like that if people teased her for having LKS or YSC help.

Unfortunately, after KG left the show and the members started acknowledging there could be something between SA, I feel as though every SA moment like this must be met with the question "Is this scripted?" This got even more obvious after 2019 when SA briefly became a loveline. I actually don't think this moment was scripted based on the staff's audible reaction and the fact that KJK tries to explain rather than silently accept the teasing as he often does. In fact, KJK's response reminded me a lot of ep 437 where HH tries to get KJK to teach SJH ddakji. KJK swears at HH and says he's not doing this for him.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, linzer03 said:

Unfortunately, after KG left the show and the members started acknowledging there could be something between SA, I feel as though every SA moment like this must be met with the question "Is this scripted?" This got even more obvious after 2019 when SA briefly became a loveline. I actually don't think this moment was scripted based on the staff's audible reaction and the fact that KJK tries to explain rather than silently accept the teasing as he often does. In fact, KJK's response reminded me a lot of ep 437 where HH tries to get KJK to teach SJH ddakji. KJK swears at HH and says he's not doing this for him.

Spartace is not scripted. Spartace is not a loveline and never been an loveline. KJK and JH closeness are still the same even in the presence of MC, they are close on and off camera. Kim Jong Kook dont want to have a loveline in RM and it was mentioned in the earlier episode of rm.  

The true Spartace Shippers never aknowledge Spartace as Loveline. 

Hi everyone, it's been a long time that i never visit this thread, i hope you all doing fine. I miss the old times with the old shippers here. Keep on sailing spartace shippers! ;)

• Like 3

On 7/23/2021 at 8:41 AM, YeJin25 said:

Spartace is not scripted. Spartace is not a loveline and never been an loveline. KJK and JH closeness are still the same even in the presence of MC, they are close on and off camera. Kim Jong Kook dont want to have a loveline in RM and it was mentioned in the earlier episode of rm.  

The true Spartace Shippers never aknowledge Spartace as Loveline. 

Being in a relationship in real life and being in a loveline are not mutually exclusive things. SBS and RM are businesses, here to make money. Don't doubt that they would not take advantage of a real life relationship if it meant increasing ratings and profits earned from Running Man - see LKS and LSB guesting n RM for an example. Lovelines are scripted by production and acted by the cast in order to increase screen time for certain cast members and guests as well as draw in viewers and ratings. This does not mean that every loveline is real. The vast majority of lovelines are fake. But that also doesn't mean that behind the loveline there cannot be a real relationship.

KJK not wanting to be in a loveline with SJH at the beginning of RM is rumor, not confirmed. I can come up with a number of reasons why he would not want the loveline: it gives a chance for newer variety members to get screen time, KJK himself may have been at the end of one of his long term relationships and potentially looking to get married. KJK is also not psychic and cannot predict in 2010 that he might end up dating his female coworker. Considering that KJK has been in a number of lovelines since, KJK clearly did not reject all lovelines. He even had a long-term cross-show loveline with HJY the year before RM started heavily pushing SA as a couple.

If you've read through the posts here, you'll see that I believe SA are most likely dating in real life and have been since 2013. When KG was on the show and MC was a part of RM, SA is never painted by production as a romantic possibility. The only exception being the ice pepero game that SA failed at. When KG was part of the show, all the suspicious SA moments that fans like to point out tend to happen in background, off to the side, and not the focus of the camera shot.

Fast forward to after KG left the show and got married. With MC gone, the SA fandom becomes the biggest shipping fandom in the RM community. While I think most people would agree that SA wasn't an official loveline through 2017-2018, that doesn't mean that there weren't scripted SA moments. Things like the fortune teller declaring SA as the best match, things like the Running Man cast suddenly mentioning SA's marriage rumors, those were likely planned by production. Though, in my opinion, SA moments in that era were more production choosing not to edit out SA moments that they would have removed during the MC era. But things like guesting on one another's shows, like MUD and Pajama Friends, is something a loveline would do. KG and SJH guested on a number of shows together: Please Take Care of My Refrigerator, SBS Midnight TV Entertainment, etc. But just because lovelines do these things as well, it doesn't bar the fact that SA can be real. SA can be in a real life relationship, while TV shows want to take advantage of the fact that people ship them and use them for views. These things are not mutually exclusive.

Fast forward again to 2019. RM's new popular loveline KwangMin has just been ruined by the announcement that LKS is dating LSB. Suddenly we have SJH volunteering to be KJK's love interest. You don't think these two events are unrelated? RM production even wrote an episode, Commander versus Ace, that revolves around their winning a couple race. Now, that doesn't mean every moment during the active SA loveline was scripted. I think the first "yeobo" moment was KJK's own invention, judging by the surprised and amused reaction to the cast and crew. Regardless, during the episodes where SA couple was front and center, they were teased like a loveline, they were given captions like a loveline. In one RM opening YJS even joked that KJK is SJH's second love interest on the show - the first being KG. Which implies that SA at that time was a loveline like MC was.

Again, just because there are scripted moments and teasing, it does not mean that SA can't be a relationship in real life as well. There are and were still moments of SA being suspicious in the background, off to the side, not in the focus of the shot.

r/runningman - [SPOILER] Did anyone notice these two after SJH and YJS's turn in the second round of this game? I wonder what they were taking about. ❤️ Look at close they are to each other! ❤️ My Spartace heart!

There are also moments that go beyond what RM usually does with its lovelines. Things like KJK hugging SJH in the elevator after ripping off her nametag? RM has never made its other lovelines hug like that, and we've seen KJK do something similar during the MC era.

Now obviously the heavy teasing of the SA loveline ended rather quickly and abruptly compared to other lovelines like MC, KwangMin, ChanMin, etc. I've seen a lot of speculation as to why they stopped the SA loveline: some people say they broke up, some people say they got together, some people say both KJK and SJH were against the loveline. Who knows, but we definitely saw a steep decrease in SA moments in 2020. Interestingly, we have seen a lot more SA in the first half 2021. Are some moments scripted? Probably? Are some moments genuine? Probably. RM production can script SA moments, and SA can still be a real couple. These things can both be true.

What stands out to me now is KJK's choice to have SJH as his first guest on Gym Jong Kook. KJK is the director of his youtube channel. There is no broadcasting station behind his youtube channel. The decisions for his guest list are his own. Now, an argument can be made that KJK had SJH guest for the viewership boost. Except KJK didn't need that boost as his youtube channel was already insanely successful. If he really wanted to distance himself from the rumors and shipping fandom, he could have simply not had her guest. He also has shown no desire to follow up her guesting with more celebrity guests. His next video is him alone working out. His next guests are two of his close friends who are part of his inner circle. We've seen a number of celebrities mention wanting to collaborate with KJK on his youtube channel: Rain, Ha Do Kwon, Kim Dong Hyun. KJK has no shortage of celebs to choose from if he wanted to use guests to boost his viewership. The fact that he has instead chosen to do solo videos and videos with his inner circle, I don't think he's chasing after views for the sake of views. So why did he choose SJH as his first guest? To help her promote her drama? That may be part of the reason, but considering RM was going to dedicate a whole episode to her drama, I don't think there was any driving need for the promotion.

Many of the front and center SA moments on RM can be argued to be part of a loveline and scripted. RM is a business, looking for viewers and profits. If it means taking advantage of the SA fandom, then RM will do it regardless of whether KJK and SJH want to bring their relationship - romantic or platonic - to the public's attention. The youtube guesting stands out because it is all KJK's choice, knowing that it would spark more SA rumors.

On 7/23/2021 at 8:41 AM, YeJin25 said:

Hi everyone, it's been a long time that i never visit this thread, i hope you all doing fine. I miss the old times with the old shippers here. Keep on sailing spartace shippers! ;)

I'm glad to hear my old posts are valued by the fandom. Thanks for the welcome back, and I hope more people return to the forum to discuss SA.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

I always have the thoughts that one of the main reason that holding SA make their relationship official (if it is true) is RM. As long as RM not going down or you know, one of them make any official announcement on their relationship, that's as long as we will keep wondering and ship SA.

Regarding on their continuous exposure of their moments, well on SA side I can only hope that they do that for gradual exposure and readiness to officially announce the good news for their fans and us. Coz you know, as celebrities there are many things need to consider before officiate anything especially relationship...So instead of coming as a shock, they rather tease (release) the "news" bits by bits...

In the end, we can only wait...I personally think that unfortunately RM won't run for another 5 years at the very least coz you know due to aging member and everything, so probably just another 1~2 years before end it with a bang, then from there we will know...

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Xonos said:

I always have the thoughts that one of the main reason that holding SA make their relationship official (if it is true) is RM. As long as RM not going down or you know, one of them make any official announcement on their relationship, that's as long as we will keep wondering and ship SA.

I agree that at least a big contributing factor was the continuing existence of RM. If KJK was in a long term relationship with someone else, there's really nothing stopping him from announcing his marriage. In fact, marriage and a family would probably open up more opportunities in the variety world for him. His role as the eternal bachelor at his current age does not draw as much attention as it did when he was in his thirties. SJH's a bit of a different matter, as I think getting married and starting a family may force her retirement from RM. But as an actress, I don't think she needs RM for her career in the same way that some other members of the RM cast do.

One thing that always stood out to me was, after the SA firing and RM was ending, YJS said, "It would be best if SA got married." It's a moment that isn't driven by a loveline since RM was ending, and I think was YJS voicing his support should SA announce after RM had ended. Then, when the decision that RM should resume came about, KJK's special came out as him trying to find love with a female guest. It's interesting that, at that time, when RM was ending SA became a possibility, and then when RM resumed, the RM cast quickly changed their tune.

6 hours ago, Xonos said:

Regarding on their continuous exposure of their moments, well on SA side I can only hope that they do that for gradual exposure and readiness to officially announce the good news for their fans and us. Coz you know, as celebrities there are many things need to consider before officiate anything especially relationship...So instead of coming as a shock, they rather tease (release) the "news" bits by bits...

I don't know if the SA loveline that we've seen in 2019 and now 2021 was necessarily SA's choice. It may be that SBS/RM production decided to use the SA loveline for a ratings boost. Perhaps it's just me, but as the 2019 loveline continued, I got the vibe that SJH and especially KJK were not big fans of performing the loveline. I'm not saying that they don't like being romantically linked to one another at all, but a number of times they came off as rather stiff when performing actions in the loveline.

I always thought this moment came off as awkward, and I wonder if they were directed to use that word after the popularity of the scene where KJK calls her "yeobo" in a previous episode.

Btw, this ep where HH teases them constantly is one of my least favorite parts of the loveline. Like really? Putting music for them locking pinky fingers? After getting forced to do it if they want food? Really?

For comparison:

Anyway, SA seem much more relaxed with the loveline this time. Perhaps they like the current PD better, perhaps they like his style of making the loveline into skits rather than trying to pass it off as genuine moments, perhaps they are nearing an announcement and are more okay with the attention on their relationship. Who knows. And, like I said previously, KJK inviting SJH as the first guest on his youtube channel, despite knowing that it would spark rumors, at least shows that he's okay with being romantically linked to her.

I also think that since the change in PDs in early 2020, KJK has not been in any lovelines on RM. At most, one of the RM cast members will tease him with a guest and KJK will shut it down quickly (e.g. Kim Jae Kyung in ep 504, Seol In Ah in ep 552). He has had lovelines on MUD (Jessie), but I think KJK has more of a say in RM than MUD. Anyway, it's interesting that he seems to have distanced himself from other lovelines but is okay with being romantically linked to SJH.

Anyway, I don't know if the increase in SA moments in 2021 is leading up to anything. All we can do is wait and see.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, linzer03 said:

I agree that at least a big contributing factor was the continuing existence of RM. If KJK was in a long term relationship with someone else, there's really nothing stopping him from announcing his marriage. In fact, marriage and a family would probably open up more opportunities in the variety world for him. His role as the eternal bachelor at his current age does not draw as much attention as it did when he was in his thirties. SJH's a bit of a different matter, as I think getting married and starting a family may force her retirement from RM. But as an actress, I don't think she needs RM for her career in the same way that some other members of the RM cast do.

One thing that always stood out to me was, after the SA firing and RM was ending, YJS said, "It would be best if SA got married." It's a moment that isn't driven by a loveline since RM was ending, and I think was YJS voicing his support should SA announce after RM had ended. Then, when the decision that RM should resume came about, KJK's special came out as him trying to find love with a female guest. It's interesting that, at that time, when RM was ending SA became a possibility, and then when RM resumed, the RM cast quickly changed their tune.

I don't know if the SA loveline that we've seen in 2019 and now 2021 was necessarily SA's choice. It may be that SBS/RM production decided to use the SA loveline for a ratings boost. Perhaps it's just me, but as the 2019 loveline continued, I got the vibe that SJH and especially KJK were not big fans of performing the loveline. I'm not saying that they don't like being romantically linked to one another at all, but a number of times they came off as rather stiff when performing actions in the loveline.

I always thought this moment came off as awkward, and I wonder if they were directed to use that word after the popularity of the scene where KJK calls her "yeobo" in a previous episode.

Btw, this ep where HH teases them constantly is one of my least favorite parts of the loveline. Like really? Putting music for them locking pinky fingers? After getting forced to do it if they want food? Really?

Anyway, SA seem much more relaxed with the loveline this time. Perhaps they like the current PD better, perhaps they like his style of making the loveline into skits rather than trying to pass it off as genuine moments, perhaps they are nearing an announcement and are more okay with the attention on their relationship. Who knows. And, like I said previously, KJK inviting SJH as the first guest on his youtube channel, despite knowing that it would spark rumors, at least shows that he's okay with being romantically linked to her.

I also think that since the change in PDs in early 2020, KJK has not been in any lovelines on RM. At most, one of the RM cast members will tease him with a guest and KJK will shut it down quickly (e.g. Kim Jae Kyung in ep 504, Seol In Ah in ep 552). He has had lovelines on MUD (Jessie), but I think KJK has more of a say in RM than MUD. Anyway, it's interesting that he seems to have distanced himself from other lovelines but is okay with being romantically linked to SJH.

Anyway, I don't know if the increase in SA moments in 2021 is leading up to anything. All we can do is wait and see.

I have to remove the video in the quote as I think video in one post is more than enough.

Back to the topic, Yes, totally agreed on what you said.

Nowadays I more believe on subtle moments like interaction behind / beside the camera focus. Sure, some focus moments are definitely look like scripted, but even so some focus moments looks like genuine as well...

On Jessie, she already create(?) loveline with co-host Lee Sang Yeob in the latest episode on The Sixth Sense. Definitely watch it though as it is another fun variety show by some of the RM hosts such as Yoo Jae Suk and Jeon So Min. So on the surface, it would seems that even Jessie already give up on KJK (due to SA?) and move on.

I sure miss those fan meetings event, because that's where the subtle moments of SA shines the most and really further the proofs(?) of SA. But oh well, with online fan meeting coming, let's see if there will any more subtle SA moments...

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Xonos said:

On Jessie, she already create(?) loveline with co-host Lee Sang Yeob in the latest episode on The Sixth Sense. Definitely watch it though as it is another fun variety show by some of the RM hosts such as Yoo Jae Suk and Jeon So Min. So on the surface, it would seems that even Jessie already give up on KJK (due to SA?) and move on.

Who knows how much say Jessie had in that loveline on MUD. Regardless, that loveline seems gone. It never had much chemistry imo.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR1hBL_txQD/

Anyway the newest SA update is GYM Jong Kook added English titles to his videos and used the word "spartace" on both of them. Also, KJK's youtube channel changing their video titles three times in a short period lol. They went from "Spartace at GYM Jong Kook's place..." to ""Spartace at GYM Jong Kook's place... to workout" to "Home work out! "Spartace at GYM Jong Kook's place to workout" on the first video, and "Spartace working out together?!" to "Home workout with Song, Ji Hyo part.2" So interestingly, the initial video titles were rather suggestive and then they got edited to be less so. The use of "spartace" is suggestive in and of itself, of course.

I don't know if KJK himself is changing the video titles (the English errors in the summaries, like using "seeking for", indicate it might be), but regardless, I think the usage of "spartace" in the titles was approved by KJK. Which is the most proactive I've seen him in a loveline since YEH. And his loveline with YEH was back when he was young. He's in his forties now and doesn't need a loveline, so it's interesting that he's showing support for spartace. This change is also occurring after the videos have been up for quite so time and views have slowed down, so it can't be to boost views. (I mean, obviously I think they're the real deal and that's why he's doing it, but anyone has any other reasons, please do share.)

Please share your thoughts!

• Like 6

15 hours ago, linzer03 said:

Who knows how much say Jessie had in that loveline on MUD. Regardless, that loveline seems gone. It never had much chemistry imo.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR1hBL_txQD/

Anyway the newest SA update is GYM Jong Kook added English titles to his videos and used the word "spartace" on both of them. Also, KJK's youtube channel changing their video titles three times in a short period lol. They went from "Spartace at GYM Jong Kook's place..." to ""Spartace at GYM Jong Kook's place... to workout" to "Home work out! "Spartace at GYM Jong Kook's place to workout" on the first video, and "Spartace working out together?!" to "Home workout with Song, Ji Hyo part.2" So interestingly, the initial video titles were rather suggestive and then they got edited to be less so. The use of "spartace" is suggestive in and of itself, of course.

I don't know if KJK himself is changing the video titles (the English errors in the summaries, like using "seeking for", indicate it might be), but regardless, I think the usage of "spartace" in the titles was approved by KJK. Which is the most proactive I've seen him in a loveline since YEH. And his loveline with YEH was back when he was young. He's in his forties now and doesn't need a loveline, so it's interesting that he's showing support for spartace. This change is also occurring after the videos have been up for quite so time and views have slowed down, so it can't be to boost views. (I mean, obviously I think they're the real deal and that's why he's doing it, but anyone has any other reasons, please do share.)

Please share your thoughts!

Sometimes I wondering does KJK production team go ahead behind KJK himself and do all these Spartace title stuffs haha...If not for the fact that we all know KJK is good in English, I will really doubt the Spartace word is approve by KJK.

And since Spartace is not only an English word, plus is not a formal one too as this word make out from fans, I'm actually quite shock that KJK actually know about this word and subsequently dare to use it on their video title.

Well, of coz there is a slight possibilities that KJK himself not actually know what this word mean, perhaps he just thought this is a special word / shortform to describe both himself and Ji Hyo together, you know, betrayal brother, Easy Brothers etc...So when production team who know what this truly means while KJK don't and they pitch this idea to him, clueless KJK will think perhaps this is a good idea to sorta make the title short while tell the audience the video contain him and SJH...

Okay maybe I'm a bit too wet blanket on this, let's stick to your point better haha~

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, this is my first time posting on this forum! I began lurking this forum after having watched EP547, which was loaded with SA moments. Before that episode, I didn't really think too much about what their relationship was. Now, after having too much time on my hands and reading posts that dated back from 2018, I became more intrigued on what people thought about SA's relationship. I'm a bit sad that this forum doesn't have the activity that it once had. However, I understand due to COVID-19 or people being active on other platforms. I wanted to post because I wanted to get people's opinions on the recent events that have occurred: 1) SJH's latest interview and 2) The resurgence of SA loveline.

1) As I read SJH's latest interview and reading her denying romantic relations with KJK ("The loveline is not real" or "We're not seeing each other - there were different translations), I sort of deflected it because it did not make sense to me that a relationship announcement would be revealed in an interview. Many celebrities have shutdown questions like these and only revealed their relationship when they were caught by paparazzi or when they were ready to reveal their relationship. What do you all think?

2) With the resurgence of the SA loveline, I'm honestly not sure what to think. Is it wrong for me to think that the revival of the loveline is to help with the ratings or to create new dynamics? It has definitely become more prominent after YJS teased SJH and KJK about their video. I had some thoughts about why the SA loveline is making its return and they are: 1) With the amount of views that accumulated with SJH appearing on KJK's channel, this was possibly a business move by SBS (flip flopping on this though) and 2) SA are steadily revealing their relationship. However, I'm kind of iffy on this as SA are both private people. Again, I'm not really sure what to think and just wrote whatever came to mind. Many of their interactions are just so couple-like that it definitely seems like there is something going on between them, but with the recent events, its seems like they're just great friends. Even if they're not dating, it's great to see that these two are there for each other. I guess at the end of the day, only time can tell. How do you guys feel about the resurgence of the SA loveline and your thoughts about their relationship?

• Like 4