[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

Hello! I lurk here but joined because I like the SA couple and believe a happy event (marriage) is happening to them very soon.

@perfectmatchjs SA is real. The show is not scripted. Jihyo lied on JK’s bed, slept over his house. The members slipped. Jokes are half-meant so the members are hinting that SA is real. 

SA is getting serious and mention marriage all the time.  Not on Running Man only but on other shows. I expect them to be married next year or the next.

@fs10 What does it mean?

• Like 5

14 hours ago, perfectmatchjs said:

So what do you guys think about the released teaser today?

For me, I have two extreme possibilities in my mind.

1. SA is trying to get more and more people accept their relationship and see them in a romantic light in a way of readying them, and today's teaser is their biggest attempt. With this pace, the very much awaited announcement might come very soon. 

2. SA is making clear that they are nothing but an onscreen couple by continuously pushing the loveline, purely for commercial purpose. 

I can't help but think of these two extreme sides since this kind of SA is very strange to me, having followed and shipped them for their small and hidden interactions and affections throughout these years. Everything is so fast and heavy, and honestly, I'm at a loss on what to make of it.

So I would like to know different insights and thoughts from you all too.

definitely hope for the first :loveu:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, spartacemarried4real said:

@perfectmatchjs SA is real. The show is not scripted. Jihyo lied on JK’s bed, slept over his house. The members slipped. Jokes are half-meant so the members are hinting that SA is real. 

SA is getting serious and mention marriage all the time.  Not on Running Man only but on other shows. I expect them to be married next year or the next.

I'm also finding it somehow weird how everyone has been naming them a married couple too many times (calling them husband and wife, RM captioning them "newlyweds", mentioning marriage instead of dating when it comes to their "loveline"). I mean, if they were not serious and just a loveline like Monday Couple, talking about marriage stuff is not only unnecessary but also would cause heavy blacklash if one or both of them were to announce relationship with someone else. No way they are not aware and prepared for it as JH has very much experienced it with MC before. I'm also inclined to (and very eagerly wishing for) this possibility but just trying not to keep my hopes too high.

• Like 5

Well, as I said, kinda dilemma isn't it when SA moments start to get blatantly bizarre and wild, till the point where we start to questions all our judgement all this while...

But I don't really understand why the spin off though while official RM still there and all. it really gives me a vibes that maybe RM will really ends soon, and this spin off will become sorta mainstreams for a while.

I mean, this spinoff style sorta totally diff from official one, perhaps if SA really married and all, this couple can survive in the new spin off format.

I would really said that SA are the one really appreciate the timing of this spinoff, as both of them are not young anymore and if both of them are true, they will really need to get married soon, and this spin off sorta makes marry possible while still RM.

• Like 5

I'm rewatching Running Man from the start and just caught this very unusual scene at Ep-49

1. Gary holding JH hostage against JK when she's not even the princess JK supposed to keep save.

2. When JH and Go Ha Ra that was JK's princess in battle, even tho JK there, he's very hesitant to shoot JH and when he finally secretly shoot her, she shout at him.. you dare to shot me? and shoot him back while JK cowering and deny everything, I just found it so funny, JK is supposed to helped GHR since they are in the same team, but why they are like that?? :D:D:D

• Like 3

why am I just found this out now?? Spartace got KJK's mom stamp of approval :D:D

Kim Jong Kook’s mother interrupted to assert her own claim to her son’s “Running Man” co-star. She declared, “Ji Hyo’s always been [meant to be] my daughter-in-law!”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1140759wpp/kim-jong-kooks-mother-claims-dibs-song-ji-hyo-daughter-law

DcxsHDK.gif

• Like 2

On 11/9/2021 at 8:28 PM, perfectmatchjs said:

I'm also finding it somehow weird how everyone has been naming them a married couple too many times (calling them husband and wife, RM captioning them "newlyweds", mentioning marriage instead of dating when it comes to their "loveline"). I mean, if they were not serious and just a loveline like Monday Couple, talking about marriage stuff is not only unnecessary but also would cause heavy blacklash if one or both of them were to announce relationship with someone else. No way they are not aware and prepared for it as JH has very much experienced it with MC before. I'm also inclined to (and very eagerly wishing for) this possibility but just trying not to keep my hopes too high.

Yes!!! I’ve caught this one too many times on RM. Sometimes they only name SeChan as the single guy when KJK is supposedly “single” too. But here and there they slip and forget to include him lol. I don’t rmb exact episodes but I’m sure those who watch can agree!

10 hours ago, Juni Asat said:

why am I just found this out now?? Spartace got KJK's mom stamp of approval :D:D

Kim Jong Kook’s mother interrupted to assert her own claim to her son’s “Running Man” co-star. She declared, “Ji Hyo’s always been [meant to be] my daughter-in-law!”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1140759wpp/kim-jong-kooks-mother-claims-dibs-song-ji-hyo-daughter-law

Yes! I’m sure KJK’s omma knows how the industry works and is doing her best until KJK announces anything. I’m sure she’s met SJH many times and just had to keep her excitement and bias down =P

• Like 5

Long time no see friends. Just hopping back in here to share some thoughts.

The public or "official" loveline isn't new. Starting from like, 2017, every year we'd have a period where the show would push the loveline hard for a while and then abruptly stop. This is different from traditional variety lovelines where they'd usually push it more consistently but less intensely (e.g. Monday Couple). In any case, the ship isn't really propped by those obvious moments but by subtle things and a preponderance of "coincidences".

Which brings me to the spin-off. My heart was fluttering too seeing the previews but at the end of the day, it's just another show and therefore edited for us to see. I wouldn't read too too much into whether this is "getting ready" for announcement. There're plenty of reasons why Kim Jong-kook decided to take on this project -- one of which may be it is headed by PD Im Hyung-taek, one of the original three main PDs of Running Man.

Also, I wouldn't take any denials seriously rn until news comes out that they're dating other people. Kim Jong-kook has said that until he's ready for marriage, he'll deny having a gf even if he does have one. This is likely the case for Song Ji-hyo as well.

Anyway, from my view, there really isn't much unusual going on. Let's just enjoy what we're getting and continue to wait patiently.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 4

Too bad disney+ is not available in my area, i would like to watch it as it looks very similar to the earlier period of RM, less singing/intervewing and more playing and all the hugging between SA too.

The SA loveline when it is focused lately in the show is not really welcomed by some fans, lot people said that it seem so forced.

I think it is not as natural as all the secret-and-almost-off screen-moment like before as well.

Some people start to hate SA because of the "fake loveline".

Hope the situation will be more positive soon.

• Like 3

Honestly I only see negative comments in english which I assume are from intl fans. When I read comments from YT channel belonging to korean, most of the comments are positive. Even reactions on naver whenever their news came out are mostly positive which I think is the reason why the members keep teasing the loveline.

I personally think ppl who hate the loveline is overreacting. Even compiled, the loveline is only mentioned for 7-10 mins throughout the 1h 30 mins runtime which is not even that much. I guess maybe they also count the times when Jh and JK sit or stand next to each other which is almost all the time during the filming of RM 

• Like 5

On 11/15/2021 at 8:08 PM, Kim HaengBok said:

Honestly I only see negative comments in english which I assume are from intl fans. When I read comments from YT channel belonging to korean, most of the comments are positive. Even reactions on naver whenever their news came out are mostly positive which I think is the reason why the members keep teasing the loveline.

I am a long-time lurker and never posted (on this ship, at least). But I'm an American-based fan and I LOVE the Spartace loveline! No haters here! I think SJH and KJK are made for one another. They simply glow when they are together.

Whether they are in a "real" relationship or just a "reel" relationship (although I hope it is the former), I just hope for them to be happy. And I don't think RM over-does the SA loveline. Like someone else said, they do it for a few minutes during the opening, then a few more times during the show. It's hilarious! Especially KJK's reactions (but he always has a big smile on his face, even when he's being angry).

Edited by AkiChan
Grammar fix
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

Disney+ doesn't give access to Outrun in my area so I haven't been able to watch it yet. 

While I personally think SA are dating and have been dating for a long time, I don't think that means that RM and the SA loveline on RM isn't scripted. Every variety is scripted. RM obviously has some things that can't be scripted or would be very difficult to script, especially when playing games that rely on luck The RM cast members all have characters that they play, and those characters changed and develop in order to meet the audience's wants. SA is a popular ship. It was popular even back when MC was around, and it's only grown since KG got married and RM started giving us scripted moments. These scripted moments probably started occurring back in 2017, but I wouldn't call SA a loveline until 2019 when the cast openly started teasing them.

So when we look at SA and whether they're real or not, then we should look at the moments that likely aren't scripted and moments that are free from RM and SBS's editorial control. For instance, KJK choosing to invite SJH onto his youtube channel and encourage SA fans is likely a choice KJK made on his own. Their contracts with Disney+ also probably included a deal that they would play the SA loveline. So, this is not RM and SBS (entities SA have worked with for a long time) pushing the SA loveline, but KJK and SJH themselves actively choosing the loveline.

So then, we have to ask if KJK and SJH are choosing the loveline for money or because they're comfortable being open with their relationship or a mixture of both. Both KJK and SJH are popular as individuals, so they don't need the money, and I can't see it being reason enough for them to encourage all these rumors if they found the rumors inconvenient. For instance, if KJK or SJH suddenly announced marriage to another person after stirring up all this support for SA, there'd be a negative backlash. Considering their both in their forties, if they want to marry and start a family, they need to do so soon. I can't see them encouraging this loveline if they were in relationships with other people and planning to marry soon. The extra money from Disney+ doesn't seem worth the cost to KJK and SJH as individuals.

Now, if KJK and SJH are dating each other and have reached the point where they don't mind rumors about them circulating, then I can understand why they've decided to embrace the loveline this year. It may mean they're preparing themselves to marry in 2022, or it may simply mean they're past the point of caring about the consequences if their relationship is revealed to the public. I don't know. We can only respect their personal lives, and then wait and see what happens. 

Anyway, I'm enjoying the SA moments, both scripted and unscripted. Looking forward to SBS Awards this year.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

The recent ep mention JK old loveline again, he rushed to JS and gave JS a lesson about:" What if people think it is true?" And it is kind of funny that he does not against SA anymore.

I read somewhere that JH is actually really rich, the information is not up-to-date, but it is not about money.

Both of them do not need to raise the loveline for being famous, even though JK's youtube video is a big succeed, they are already popular ( top 10 tv variety star).

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/122732/20211115/song-ji-hyo-net-worth-2021-witchs-diner-actress-richest.htm

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/12/yoo-jae-suk-kim-jong-kook-song-ji-hyo-top-the-list-of-tv-variety-star-brand-value-rankings-for-december

Ps: ok, sorry for the link, not happen again ^^

• Like 2

On 12/6/2021 at 5:37 AM, julia147 said:

I read somewhere that JH is actually really rich, the information is not up-to-date, but it is not about money.

Both of them do not need to raise the loveline for being famous, even though JK's youtube video is a big succeed, they are already popular ( top 10 tv variety star).

Unless they're terrible at managing money, they likely both have enough individually to retire and not work for the rest of their lives. I'm not talking insane numbers or anything like that, but consider that they've both had large, dedicated individual fandoms for near a decade, SJH will get paid a lot of all of her lead roles over the years, KJK was insanely popular as a singer well before RM, they both get advertising deals and participate in the massive RM fanmeets. KJK's youtube views make chump change to him lol. Money is not an issue for either of them. 

Why I don't think profit has no meaning to them, I can't see it as being the sole factor for their actions. They don't need to inconvenience themselves and start up rumors solely for the sake of making money or even boosting their careers.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Agree. Which is the reason I am annoyed hearing ppl say they agreed to the LL because they need to increase RM ratings after LKS left :triumph:  I mean they somehow agreed to the LL must be because of some *still unknown* reason but definitely not because of ratings or to boost their popularity/get more profit. To quote KJK he said the best way to get more popularity is to ask someone overseas to talk RickRoll'D about u :lol:

• Like 2

@Kim HaengBok Agree!!! Spartace agreeing to the loveline is not for the ratings.

Tiny is back in Korea. Tiny, Jongkook’s big bro, FOLLOWS SPARTACE SHIPPER PAGE ON INSTAGRAM before Spartace is topic on the show.

Tiny is NOT part of Running Man so he doesn’t have to support SPARTACE for promotion. He is Jongkook’s big bro and supports us!

• Like 2

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXYzU-Cpcf6/

Something new to ponder over. The KJK-SJH-JSJ-HH quartet filming something on Sunday. RM usually doesn't film on Sundays (because that's YJS's day for his family), so it most likely isn't RM. CF? Outrun special? Any other theories?

On 12/9/2021 at 9:25 PM, Kim HaengBok said:

I mean they somehow agreed to the LL must be because of some *still unknown* reason but definitely not because of ratings or to boost their popularity/get more profit. 

I wouldn't rule out profit/popularity boost as a motivator (especially since HH mentioned KJK may have an album coming out soon), but I don't think it can be the only motivator for all the reasons mentioned before. 

Also, Tiny is in SK. He also took a pic with SJH on what I presume was the same shoot with KJK-SJH-JSJ-HH. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXVk3tDPeZX/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXYF1ixvxQ7/

• Like 2

On 12/12/2021 at 12:13 PM, linzer03 said:

Also, Tiny is in SK. He also took a pic with SJH on what I presume was the same shoot with KJK-SJH-JSJ-HH. 

I think you are right -- she appears to be wearing the same shirt (they all are -- like they are in uniform).

• Like 1