[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

I am going to wade into much theorizing now, so bear with me. You know how it has already been pointed out how SJH and KJK wear similar neon lime shorts.

When I first read it, I thought to myself "cute observation, but I hope fans don't start claiming they are actually the same". However, the more I rationalize it, the more likely the possibility turns.

1. Both shorts have a similar black cord. While KJK's cord seems stretched, SJH's is hanging long even after having been tied, which makes sense if she had to tighten a larger pair of shorts around her slimmer waist.

2. Her shorts look rather baggy, especially at the crotch and around thighs. KJK's shorts on the other hand look the opposite, though it would have been better if he was standing cause the sitting position always makes pants look narrower.

3. Both pairs of shorts have the same vertical, yellow seam on the crotch. Other fans have posted further zoomed in photos where this clue is more apparent.

4. Since (at least) one day prior, they all knew the event would take place under rain. It sort of makes sense if SJH prepared for it with an outfit suitable to get soaked, just like what KJK would wear in a pool.

5. This pair of shorts, the loose type that isn't too short, nor is it almost knee length, doesn't really look her style. While I've seen her plenty of times with different style shorts, especially skimpier ones, I don't remember her wearing often similar pairs to this yellow one. However, I am a new SA fan, so it is possible I am wrong and she has been sighted wearing them regularly. The one who without a doubt wears such shorts all the time is KJK.

6. "But the two pairs are obviously a different shade of yellow/lime." No, not necessarily. KJK's photo is processed. Everything, from the water in the pool to the leaves on the trees behind him, is filtered to look darker. In reality, his shorts should be a bit lighter. Moreover, the two photos are taken under completely different lighting, so comparing the colours isn't the safest bet. 

Because I don't like being delusional, there are at least two points against the above theory.

1. KJK's buttocks are much bigger than SJH's and in the videos her shorts don't really look baggy enough on the rear. Again it would have been helpful if KJK was standing in his photo, so we could get a better idea of how narrow or not his shorts are.

2. I am not certain but KJK's shorts seem to have a belt loop on the waistline. I've tried to check if there's something similar on SJH's shorts, but I am unable to spot one, mainly because zooming in while she jumps doesn't help, the videos are already blurry.

So, what do you think? To clarify, I still lean mostly towards the opinion that they are different pairs of shorts. It's just that, after thinking about it carefully, the notion she borrowed his shorts doesn't seem improbable anymore. It goes without saying that if they are indeed Kook's shorts, then our ship is triumphantly confirmed.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, saissuspicious said:

Hi guys it's been a long time :) It's true that I didn't post for a long time but I always read your posts here and I really enjoy it :D 
By the way, I think the dancer/friend of KJK pointed at SJH and looked at KJK when the song's lyrics were about "my woman".

Well, if we remembered back then when HH talked to Pohang Mayor in BP, "These two are kind of together, so I called her Mrs. Kim", then Pohang Mayor asked JK to invite JH, and boom! They are not just being there together, they even showered us some sweets and playful moments... Hmmm... What is your conclusion, guys?

I'm glad that they're really enjoying their moments there, well they looked so happy while being soaked under the heavy rain. Oh, I knew I would keep smiling seeing this beautiful memory of them for a while.

P.S. maybe it's just my opinion, but why I sensed that they are looking happier together, comparing if they attend an event / perform alone or with other person? Ah, but this is only delulu thinking because I'm so happy seeing them today.

P.S.S. @Adora Dark about the neon colored short pants, well, we could never know if those are the same pants or not, or perhaps it just coincidentally that they bought the same model because they had the same taste of fashion now? Or they are shopping together and buy the same pair of pants with only different size as a couple pants? 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

No matter what relationship SA holds up right now, I believe that SJH was really happy to be on stage today in her hometown Pohang. 

I don't like to be a delusional fool but for an unknown reason , I felt like KJK was more daring toward SJH on stage this time around. We can clearly notice that he was thinking before taking actions which means it wasn't "mostly" natural interactions. He was like "this is my woman" and I want to show it to her hometown. His eyes were basically following her every steps during the brief moments they shared the stage together. 

@elzy Well at this point, there is no doubt that HAHA is being supportive of the SA equation (if SA are just friends he really wish for them to turn into a real couple and if they are already dating he sure is pushing for a revelation or a soon to be announced marriage). 

Regarding today's event, I hope some backstage moments to show up either on MUD or BP (I prefer the latest since I don't like SBS's ways of taking advantage of any KJK-female interaction to create chaos). 

As for SA sharing clothes I believe this is not the first time they did so. I still remember SJH's pants in episode 187 when she crossed the Han river with the university students. Her pants were really baggy (especially around the hip-thigh area) and with the same patern KJK used to wear back then. (it was a discussed topic here before on the SA soompi thread).

Also I believe SA are really into those (most koreans do) sort of things like wearing/having couple items, it's been like this for ages. You can check all the matched clothes or couple shoes SA wore during fan meentings or RM openings, the recent one for me was the Adidas shoes (the black and fluo one that KJK wore during his filming in China and SJH wore it when they met HJY at her CF shooting).

@Adora Dark I share the same opinion as you since I don't like to be on the delusional side, but I'm kind of convinced that those were the same shorts KJK wore before. I always tell myself "oh please don't start your delusions now" but those two really push you to your limits. LOL 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Well ...

I just remember KJK have a short pants with the neon green color. (I forgot so I remembered it with scroll KJK IG and ask some sa shippers).

IMO that's only coincidental, I can't look like a couple pants / something like that (it might be I'm wrong but so far I can said not).

But for sure recently SJH really love to wearing short pants in this summer in this year :) 

Their closeness undeniable . Indeed !

What if just what if, they're not end up together, IMO waiting for looking their interaction is worth it enough :)  best friends goals . and I'm not regret for anything .

• Like 3
  • Love 1

We'll never know so everything is hypothetical. But I think if they are not separate, unrelated pairs of shorts, then it's more likely she borrowed his own pair, rather than they bought the same shorts in different sizes as "couple garments".

I don't rule out the possibility, but to me this pair of shorts she is wearing in this event doesn't seem to be her ideal size. It also differs from the short pants she usually wears. And, though this is merely a guess, I think if they were to choose "couple garments", they would go for something else, waterproof shorts just doesn't sound as memorable as matching shirts or shoes or even caps. Also, the whole habit of buying matching clothes can be tricky when it comes to celebrities, because they have stylists deciding their outfits and companies sponsoring them. I'm not convinced for example that every time  they wore "couple shoes" during the same RM event, it always was their own deliberate choice. But this instance is different, especially due to the weather conditions, it resembles more the past case @saissuspicious mentioned.

One thing is certain, whether the pair of shorts is one and the same, or it is the same style bought twice as "couple shorts", the implication is clear; Spartace is validated as a couple. Yes good friends may also share the same taste and buy the same clothes, but they usually choose something more unique and memorable. And if their shorts are totally different and our assumptions are wrong, no big deal, there's a big pile of evidence that supports Spartace and it grew higher tonight.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

We should play a "pick your favourite hug" game at some point, over the years they've been so many  :lol:

Among the three new hugs, the "saranghae" one stands out. The rest two are precious moments as well, but while those can be justified by KJK acknowledging a friend who has joined his performance (even though he doesn't do the same with Haha), the third hug comes spontaneously right at the moment they share the love with the fans and pass them the mic. The habit of the RM members doing this every time they sing "Loveable" in their events  + the overwhelming downpour SA experienced together + the tendency SA have in expressing themselves with physical contact, all factored in their closing in and hugging so naturally. And still, Haha wasn't included, even though doing a group hug the moment they and audience mutually sing "I love you" would have made sense. Therefore, I feel this hug was slightly more personal.

This level of interaction is basically as much as they can show when on stage, without becoming undeniably suspicious, whether they are friends or lovers as they wouldn't want to create further rumours in either case. What possibly promotes the second scenario is that they could have made their lives easier by avoiding standing out as a duo among the rest RM members, yet they don't do it. If they are indeed a couple, I honestly don't know how all this tip toeing around each other for years while wavering between fuelling and shutting down rumours will help them, I just hope these choices will not have much of a negative impact in the long run. Actually, considering how controlling and horrid the industry they work in is, I doubt every choice is theirs. What appears to be certain is that they can't announce their relationship before RM ends, it would change the show's dynamic completely.

• Like 7

Hi, i'm usually a silent reader, but afraid for not read this topic, i need to post something, so, i just need to say thank you for any update of SA, i really hope they will marry each other, but i'm ok if not, as long as they happy

• Like 3
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, spartaceluv98 said:

i think he want hug SJH but Haha cover on other side....

so just side hug... but its give us sweet moment for it...

i am very happy and cheers for that....

3 minutes ago, ctfai118 said:

Hi, i'm usually a silent reader, but afraid for not read this topic, i need to post something, so, i just need to say thank you for any update of SA, i really hope they will marry each other, but i'm ok if not, as long as they happy

welcome dear shipper...

let join us as family here....

happy shipping....

we waiting for your analysis to... hehe

• Like 4
  • Love 2

@Adora Dark at this point, I think there's really nothing they can do withh regards to each other that can help prevent shippers (and non-shippers) from speculating about the nature of their relationship. If they act natural and friendly, some shippers will see it as a sign that they are together and non-shippers will say the opposite. Same thing if they avoid public interactions. 

It's unfortunate for them, but that's just the nature of their work and their industry. I think they've accepted this and have gotten to a nice middle ground with what they're doing now - just the right level of friendly but not too friendly. 

Personally, I think speculating as alright and fun, but it makes me cringe when fans and antis tag them in their posts. If only people could keep it within the fandom. And yes, I doubt they can go public (IF they are together) as long as they're both on rm. The fact that they suddenly got so heavily teased for a few episodes then abruptly stopped with no mention of anything says a lot. 

As for favorite hugs: my favorite side-hug was the one from the Macau FM, or the fancam one when they were going into a hotel in China. Favorite full hug was when they won the couple race :D

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Regita M. P said:

Seems no RM this week (?) Because I'm streaming but still news about Trump President came to NK.

CMIIW & I'll correct it later what if have RM this week :) 

Yes, RM is not gonna be aired this week due to the US president's news

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzU_kcnA9mS/?igshid=j9ezrp9m72tw

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ging2 Villamor said:

Good day, shipper! 

I have been silently reading this forum since forever. Hehehe. I remember posting a few back in the days, and decided to just read and silently react to everything that' posted here. I hope I am still welcome here. 

Hello Ging2 welcome to SpartAce Couple home!!! 

Sad no RM today, but thankful for the active SA shipper who came to see our couple and spread videos of yesterday event :wub:

Hoping to see a lot of photos and behind the scene video if there’s a recording tomorrow.

• Like 2

I just want to talk about the circumstance/sweetness of the 3 hugs SA shared yesterday. No i won't talk about the fact that jk hyung hugged jihyo noona (or else some antis/lurkers will say "he hugs our bias too" :huh:) but rather would like to talk about how the sweet hugs unfolded and the fact that it was jk hyung who initiated all 3 hugs. The first two hugs you can see it below:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzTKZxjAY_U/?igshid=1ii0g97jfuis8

1) The first hug happened when jihyo noona and haha hyung came on the stage to join jk hyung. You can see when jk noticed jh came on stage, he immediately walked to her side and went on to give her a hug, but didn't hug haha hyung. Lol 

And jk hyung was smiling seeing jihyo noona dance while introducing her to the crowd saying "everyone, here is song ji hyo!". Again, he did not introduce haha hyung. Lol

2) The 2nd hug happened during the "saranghae" part of the song. You can notice jk hyung already moving towards jihyo noona when that "saranghae" part was approaching and again, he gave her a hug right during the "saranghae" part which they sang with the crowd. 

3) The third hug happened here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzStO6YgouJ/?igshid=196b6413zuaev

This was when jk hyung's segment has ended and he was already leaving the stage but he returned to give haha and jihyo noona a goodbye. He high 5 haha and once again, hugged jihyo noona. And you can see jihyo noona's eyes following jk hyung as he left the stage :wub:

All in all, for me, personally, the circumstance of the hugs meant more than the hugs itself and it was more meaningful since jk hyung initiated all 3 of the hugs :) for me i am more than thankful we got these sweet moments since i originally did not expect SA to meet on stage. I am very sure they met backstage too after jihyo noona ended her talking/singing session with the MC. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3