1 hour ago, Thong Thin said:

Here you go @MsDot2  @CallieP @Missprincesa

@Min2206 

Playfull Daejang :blush:

@Thong Thin    You are back!  Just heard a friend kena Covid.     Thank you for playful Daejang.  Seen a number of BTS, LMS and KHS have great chemistry off-screen too.  And he was cheery and playful most times , so different from the Daejang in drama. :D 

giphy.gif

If I can have you, I will protect you forever - aww, how sweet!

giphy.gif

Can somebody please kill this guy who barged in?   Almost, almost, Almost !!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Thoughts on Episode 21

Eun-soo has asked the King to stay with Young in the Woodalchi barracks, to her mind the safest place in Goryeo (not to mention all that studly beauty surrounding her). For Young, though, it means a serious commitment, and he essentially proposes to Eun-soo right there. It’s so sincere and powerful it gave me goosebumps, and it must have taken all his courage to ask her to stay if she could. He bares his heart to her as he promises, “If you become mine, you’ll be mine forever. Not just for today, or a few days. When that day comes, and I ask you, will you give me your answer?” Sigh. It was hard for me to watch the rest of the episode with my full attention; this unbearably sweet scene kept replaying in my mind over and over, watching Young’s face slowly soften with love when Eun-soo says she will. After watching Faith umpteen times, that scene still gets to me.

UdfAndA.jpg?1

Image credit: Scattered Jooni

le9pmD4.jpg

g7oJYFl.jpg?1

Image credit: Drama Beans

The Woodalchi puppies are cute, smiling and even snickering about their Daejang sharing quarters with the Doctor. Although he has returned to the palace, Young still holds himself a little apart from the King’s service, wanting to give himself an out in case he needs to do some extralegal killing. To show this he wears a lavender (?!) suede coat. To my mind this was a wardrobe choice gone awry. Anyway, lavender Daejang meets with the King and gets permission to capture the Prince, then he returns to the barracks to check on Eun-soo. Eun-soo’s eye rolling is funny as she follows him to their room and gets reprimanded for being outside where she can be seen. She gets him to loosen up by flirting with him, but their kiss is unfortunately interrupted by Dol-bae. Young really needs to get a lock on that door!

Spoiler

QAY9wet.jpg?1

vqf3XNZ.jpg?2

ba3iexh.jpg?2

3eKU4XE.jpg

DKB8MlQ.jpg

Too soon the romantic mood is shattered as Eun-soo and the Woodalchi with her discover the slaughter of the medical office’s staff and patients by Ki-chul’s minions. Even Dr. Jang has not been spared, although he protected Eun-soo’s antidote-in-progress as he was killed. She carefully brings it back to the barracks but is filled with guilt, taking the doctor’s death on herself. After hearing about the murders, Young rushes back to find her chopping up roots and turning her face away from him. With hardly a word, he takes her hand and wipes dirt from the roots off of it, and then quietly but insistently puts her to bed. I loved how Young, in his own warriorly way, then helps her with her guilt. He sits next to her and describes his first kill as a warrior, starkly drawing the difference between actually killing someone and what happened to Dr. Jang and the others; it’s a gentle reprimand telling her she hasn’t killed anyone. It does give her comfort and distracts her from her own pain. Later in the episode she overcomes her grief enough to confront the Yuan envoy. In the process she shows us how much she’s grown by deciding that she can claim her own place in Goryeo if that’s what she chooses to do.

Spoiler

5BdsKaQ.jpg

Image credit: Scattered Joon

i4BpZEA.jpg

2EDjwTI.jpg

lv8akcm.jpg?1

Young has his own problems, though. His personal conflict over his occupation of killing people finally flares into a physical manifestation. First, he suddenly drops his sword on the floor as he leaves a meeting with the King. This is unheard of for Young, who has always carried his sword like a third arm. Both Young and the King are alarmed by it, possibly wondering if it’s an omen. Then, as he’s arresting Eum-ja and Hwa-su-in, his sword starts shaking uncontrollably as he holds it against Eum-ja’s neck. Young quickly puts his sword away, puzzled by what just happened. Later, he even drops a comb when he tries to hand it to Eun-soo. Shocked, she checks his hand but can’t find anything physically wrong. It’s ironic that Eun-soo has finally made peace with him being a warrior just as he’s struggling with it.

Spoiler

psvRBYQ.jpg

QsmarwM.jpg?1

iLNzKCP.jpg?2

The King’s rejection of the Yuan envoy’s demands have made war likely. To head off an internal danger from the Yuan faction in Goryeo, the King and his men develop a strategy for taking over their fortress. Young arrests the Prince but later lets the Yuan envoy take him back to the fortress. It must have really irked Young to let the Prince go for a second time, but it gives the King the excuse he needs to attack. But the King’s advisors are reluctant to support this action, as it may precipitate the war. Young doesn’t understand the King’s insistence on gaining their support; he’s a direct-action kind of guy and has no trust in the advisors. Remember, these are the same men who threw him to the wolves over a false bribery charge. We can see the struggle in Young’s face in his argument with the King, but he submits himself to the King’s will, loyal to his core.

Spoiler

zimabOR.jpg

texX8kb.jpg

9o1x2x3.jpg?3

Lastly, Eun-soo helps Young put on his armor as he gets ready to accompany the King to Jungdong fortress. He jokes with her about her impudence as a recruit, but she simply lays her head and hands on his back, saying a fervent prayer for his safe return. It’s a bittersweet scene that’s been played out countless times in history as lovers send their beloved into battle, not knowing if they will return to them alive at the end of the day.

Spoiler

MX8OHPG.jpg?1

• Like 2
  • Awesome 3

37 minutes ago, Aleumdaun said:

Chingus I missed you guys. How far are we.. almost done? I have a lot of back reading to do.. just popped in here to 

Chingu, we missed you here. 

Guess RL must have taken much of your time. Currently we are at Ep 21, my favorite Ep.... the Proposal scene... can't get enough our Imja couple.. Love them to the moon. 

Hey!.. waiting for your thoughts Chingu and Happy Halloween :heart4:

15 hours ago, Min2206 said:

I am gonna miss this guy 

Min, whyyyyy you missed him. 

Mind to share? :D

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

58 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:Chingu, we missed you here. 

Guess RL must have taken much of your time. Currently we are at Ep 21, my favorite Ep.... the Proposal scene... can't get enough our Imja couple.. Love them to the moon. 

Hey!.. waiting for your thoughts Chingu and Happy Halloween 

Thank you @Thong Thin, Happy Halloween to you too if you celebrate. RL did get kinda crazy plus the AAA voting doesn’t help either. Only two more weeks of this fun then. I better start catching up soon. As usual I am looking forward to reading all your fantastic recaps and comments.  :heartxoxo:

20 hours ago, Min2206 said:

Awww @msdot  I just watched Epi 21 yesterday .. and I still enjoy reading your recap.  So touching!  Thank you

@Min2206, thank you for that lovely gif. He looks so handsome in there. Girl, you have a real gift on those gifs, I say. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

34 minutes ago, Aleumdaun said:

Thank you @Thong Thin, Happy Halloween to you too if you celebrate. RL did get kinda crazy plus the AAA voting doesn’t help either. Only two more weeks of this fun then. I better start catching up soon. As usual I am looking forward to reading all your fantastic recaps and comments.  

@Min2206

Thank you, hope you enjoy reading. 

Do let me know if you find some images or gifs missing from some Episodes, am happy to reload again. 

:smooches2:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

7 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

I don't know.    This metrosexual flamboyant, screw-up face HE Deok Seong was with CY and ES from beginning till end.  As the drama soon to end, I begin to enjoy his crazy and hissing antics LOL.  His thirst for his obsession has driven him to the point of no return.  Call it greed or deranged, he is mad with the people in his era for not understanding his fixation of going to the heaven which he feels he can obtain the knowledge and put to ?good use.   What I like about him is that he will get rid of anyone who obstruct his ways, people who annoys him.  Either he personally does it or through another party - it's just that he takes it for granted that it's his right :joy:   Wish I could say more, this is for now.

By the way, I remember the lollipop thingy was mentioned.  Now what is that all about, please? 

giphy-downsized-large.gif
What is your problem again, Gi Cheol?   
Some people or things in my life are so annoying, can you get rid of them? Haha

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Min2206 said:

By the way, I remember the lollipop thingy was mentioned.  Now what is that all about, please? 

I think you mean popsicle? Wait for Ep 24. I really liked Ki Chul’s cleverness as well as his curiosity about heaven, although it has a rapacious edge. And I liked his rage. He has a great temper tantrum in Ep 20, when the King grounds him. He’s throwing and breaking celedon vases, ranting while he paces back and forth - loved it. My favorite touch is his weird headpiece. Maybe it’s supposed to be sinister, like a spider’s web, but to me it looks like a hairnet!

Welcome back, @Aleumdaun! Missed you! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, msdot said:

I think you mean popsicle? Wait for Ep 24. I really liked Ki Chul’s cleverness as well as his curiosity about heaven, although it has a rapacious edge. And I liked his rage. He has a great temper tantrum in Ep 20, when the King grounds him. He’s throwing and breaking celedon vases, ranting while he paces back and forth - loved it. My favorite touch is his weird headpiece. Maybe it’s supposed to be sinister, like a spider’s web, but to me it looks like a hairnet!

Welcome back, @Aleumdaun! Missed you! 

Aww thanks @msdot for your speedy response.  Now ... where my this lollipop idea comes from?  hahaha :loolz:

popsicle, alright ... I am in Epi 24 but I don't see LOL

• Like 1

@Lmangla, thanks for the thread spotlight. Kudos @CarolynH, @msdot, @CallieP

BTW, I'd like to share a fan's translation of Faith's writer Song Ji Na's posts. It's basically on the development of the character of Choi Young, and how the role fits LMH like a glove (here you go, @Min2206 :)).

Translation of Faith's writer Song's comments about Minho's acting and his attitude

==================================
Normally, under such atrocious shooting conditions, even veteran actors are prone to do a rough job, but he was developing his acting steadily even in that circumstances.
Not to mention his acting with his eyes. And he scores<shows(?)> the accurate emotions of his character at any scene.
I thought he is very meticulous and has every calculation inside while looking loose outside.
When I watched his eyes in the Jeong Dong Haeng Seong fighting scene in episode 22, I thought, 'He has become Choi Young completely. I lost to him.'
He really did a great job in that scene despite adverse conditions!
Acting of being confused? and feeling of emptiness.
Frankly, I was surprised at that such a young actor at his age could express such internal emptiness!
It goes without saying his eyes toward a woman... a writer can get a free ride with such an actor like him!

[Anna's comment: I translated this sentence somewhat literally, but I'm sure you'll understand. She meant Minho's eyes can make writing love stories much easier for a writer.]

===================================
While I set up a character and give an actor the lines and settings, it is the actor himself that makes the character real.

It is the Choi Young that the actor Lee Min Ho made himself. ^^

◆ About actor Lee Min Ho who I worked with lately.

Even at a young age, he was an actor who will listen to his shortcomings and imperfections rather than merits and praises.
As he is a rare young actor who speaks "I'm short of this and that" with his own mouth, I don't worry about him.
To such an actor, I think his fans could say, "You are short of this and please make efforts for it" on their own.

[Anna's comment: This was a part of chatting with her fans before airing of the last episode of Faith]

◆ About his next role

I hope that Minho will act a more psychological thing rather than a romcom whoever his costar(an actress) will be.
I think Minho will do well a very painful character in a melodrama... like Heathcliff.
Actually, I had put 'Die Leiden des jungen Werthers' into the basis of the Choi Young character.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=118736655318510&amp;id=100015465282535

***

***

This post is for those who have deep affection for Faith and Choi Young Daejang. ^^

Faith's writer Song Ji-Na wrote a couple of posts about Minho on her homepage in 2012.

As far as I remember, the title of the first post was "Talks behind Lee Min Ho's back".

But she didn't have any negative connotations about the title. I clarify it in advance in order that her intention might not be distorted in the translation of the title. It was just a play on words.

She wrote her impression about Minho without his knowing. And lots of Minho and Faith fans were grateful to her and happy for her post.

I translated only Minho-related part of that post.

The original post was written on an early day of Faith airing, but I cannot recall the exact date. The original post was deleted long ago, so I can't check.

==============================

Frankly speaking, I never watched Minho's past works before.

After I joined the Faith production team and wrote some initial scripts, the director and the SBS chief PD in the drama department brought up Minho's name.

So I said to them, "Please give me some time." And then I watched through 'Personal Taste', and 'City Hunter' for a few days.

After watching his works I sent a text message to those two people. "I heard that he was young, but he can express love with his eyes, Aha..."

At our first meeting, my greatest concern was whether he could act with Hee-Sun as a couple or not.

Their age gap is as many as 10 years, so I worried about it, of course.

He came in black... And I felt 'Um? Well, it seems that they can make it...'

Then I made up various stories instantly in my head, matching up this and that.. Wow..

The more I imagined stories, the more I felt thrilled without knowing it precisely.

The next time when we met was the character meeting held in my work room. We talked about Choi Young's character written previously in the initial scripts.

In a case like that, I usually talk to the actor repeatedly and lead him to talk.

In my opinion, the best character is made from the genuine traits of the actor, only spiced a little by the writer.

Sometimes I can find the actor's character and charms which even the actor himself doesn't realize yet. And that is the writer and the director's job.

However, though we talked for quite a long time, it was hard for me to catch them from him at first... (Yep. I remind you, this is 'talks behind his back'...)

I could see only his well-mannered and decent aspects. I provoked him, and tried to make him angry...

But he just laughed "hehe", and blinked those big eyes of his repeatedly... -_-;;

And then something hit me... ^^ That has become Choi Young now.

(He may want to protest, saying "how can this be me?". But you did look like this to me, so now what?)

(I caught tiredness, loneliness, languidness, or whatever hidden behind his courteous smiles.)

And then, I totally changed the Choi Young part from the previous scripts to what we have now. (The previous Choi Young character was somewhat more macho and tougher.)

There were many features of him I want to show you fans.

For example, on the script reading session over 3-4 hours, he and the acting teacher practiced together including screaming, and he was in distress even pulling his hair with his reddened face.

He was in deep agony screaming "Ahhhhhhh~~" and folding his long body to the extent of falling from a chair.

Nevertheless, after that, he laughed his typical "hehe" laughs, and so on.

It was a pity that only I could see him at that time, but what could I do?

Ahhh.. I remember the day when the production team and I met Hee-Sun and Minho together for the first time. ^^

We were so pleased to death with seeing them sitting side by side.

I thought, 'Wow, it feels like matchmaking. Should we make them bow to each other?' or something like that.

Those two actors seemed to be match-made in heaven since their first meeting. On that day, seeing those two I could not help smiling inside.

I even thought that they could make their love story on their own even if I wrote rough scripts. What a relief...

Dear Minho, now sleep-deprived and busy shooting... I read an interview saying he already lost 7kg weight.

Please sleep and eat like Choi Young as much as possible on your own and I hope you will endure a long shooting schedule like a marathon. Fighting~!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=117892685402907&amp;id=100015465282535

• Awesome 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

4 minutes ago, syntyche said:

BTW, I'd like to share a fan's translation of Faith's writer Song Ji Na's posts. It's basically on the development of the character of Choi Young, and how the role fits LMH like a glove (here you go, @Min2206 :)).

Translation of Faith's writer Song's comments about Minho's acting and his attitude

Frankly, I was surprised at that such a young actor at his age could express such internal emptiness!
It goes without saying his eyes toward a woman... a writer can get a free ride with such an actor like him!

Even at a young age, he was an actor who will listen to his shortcomings and imperfections rather than merits and praises.

This post is for those who have deep affection for Faith and Choi Young Daejang. ^^

Thank you so much @syntyche  Please allow me to repost your highlighted texts of Song Jin Na's observations of LMH from the main thread 

giphy.gif

Sometimes I can find the actor's character and charms which even the actor himself doesn't realize yet. And that is the writer and the director's job.

I could see only his well-mannered and decent aspects. I provoked him, and tried to make him angry...

But he just laughed "hehe", and blinked those big eyes of his repeatedly... -_-;;

For example, on the script reading session over 3-4 hours, he and the acting teacher practiced together including screaming, and he was in distress even pulling his hair with his reddened face.

He was in deep agony screaming "Ahhhhhhh~~" and folding his long body to the extent of falling from a chair.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

On 10/30/2020 at 1:16 AM, Thong Thin said:

Here you go @MsDot2  @CallieP @Missprincesa

@Min2206 

Playfull Daejang :blush:

cr as tagged

I think that hit had to hurt, because he went with full energy... Straight into the door. :facepalm:

Thank you very much for reuploading and also for playful Daejang. I love to see BTS of this drama because the cast and staff seems to have a great time even if apparently there were many adverse circumstances, and also because it is really obvious that Daejang and LMH are really different in real life. 

Regarding Ki Chul character: I never understood the hairdo, at all, and it looks a bit comical for me, but since I have no knowledge of the fashion of Goryeo time, I decided that I am no one to judge.

But the character is a different story. At first I thought he was a great villain, a colded mind guy with great intelligence and with a bit of crazyness that could lead to unexpected plots, but when the poison Prince appeared, he lost a lot of attention and, for me, the character changed to a worse version of him. That slight point of crazyness that made him really dangerous overshadowed the machiavellian mind and also the acting changed to a caricature of a previously great character. So, for me, it was a bit of a disappointment. I definetely expected way more. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, Missprincesa said:

Regarding Ki Chul character: I never understood the hairdo, at all, and it looks a bit comical for me, but since I have no knowledge of the fashion of Goryeo time, I decided that I am no one to judge.

But the character is a different story. At first I thought he was a great villain, a colded mind guy with great intelligence and with a bit of crazyness that could lead to unexpected plots, but when the poison Prince appeared, he lost a lot of attention and, for me, the character changed to a worse version of him. That slight point of crazyness that made him really dangerous overshadowed the machiavellian mind and also the acting changed to a caricature of a previously great character. So, for me, it was a bit of a disappointment. I definetely expected way more. 

part of me feels that it is because of weak writing especially in regards to eui seon. now when you love a drama, you don't notice the flaws. I don't remember thinking any of these when I first watched years ago but some of the flaws has become difficult to ignore on a re-watch. am still not sure why everyone wants eui seon to be honest and that is why the villains all seem a bit weird.

what exactly does ki cheol want with eui seon? does he want to travel to the future? why exactly? initially it seemed like he wants eui seon because he wants to be powerful but then he is actually more powerful than the king for the most part. so why not control the kingdom already? he seems to want to go to the future but it is not really clear why. is it simply sort of intellectual curiousity? or is he sick and thinks she can cure him? what use does eui seon have?

frankly, doctor jang seems a better doctor than eui seon. she is highly reliant on modern technology and seems totally lost without her tools. every time someone falls sick, her response is "if I had xx tools"... she is not able to do anything useful without them -- perhaps a comment on modern medicine? but anyways, since she is not some magical doctor, it is not like she adds much value to goryeo. it is not like she has taught people to avoid contaminated water and thus avoid water-borne diseases. basically she hasn't done anything really useful for the people with her modern medicine knowledge.

then does she add value because she is from heaven/future? even after so many episodes, people are not necessarily sure what to make of her. reason is she doesn't know much about history anyway, hasn't revealed anything that useful or impacted anyone. for example, in many literature stories, the future traveler gets prominence by successfully predicting the end of the eclipse and convincing everyone he/she has magical powers. in this case, she pretty much hasn't done anything of value. so if we look at poison moustache man, he seems to despise her and know she is not really special. in that case, why does he want her?

her real value seems to be in relation to daejang and how he feels about her. so rather than eui seon, it seems to be an indirect way of trying to control daejang. the idea seems to be that whoever controls daejang can control the kingdom due to the superior fighting forces. however, all of this is rather vague and kind of implied but not necessarily spelt out. basically, I keep feeling like I have been watching a lot of politics but I am not really sure what exactly the fights are about and I need some newsreader to explain it to me a in short 2 minute summary clip. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1

3 hours ago, syntyche said:

@Lmangla, thanks for the thread spotlight. Kudos @CarolynH, @msdot, @CallieP

Normally, under such atrocious shooting conditions, even veteran actors are prone to do a rough job, but he was developing his acting steadily even in that circumstances.
Not to mention his acting with his eyes. And he scores<shows(?)> the accurate emotions of his character at any scene.
I thought he is very meticulous and has every calculation inside while looking loose outside.
When I watched his eyes in the Jeong Dong Haeng Seong fighting scene in episode 22, I thought, 'He has become Choi Young completely. I lost to him.'
He really did a great job in that scene despite adverse conditions!
Acting of being confused? and feeling of emptiness.

[Anna's comment: I translated this sentence somewhat literally, but I'm sure you'll understand. She meant Minho's eyes can make writing love stories much easier for a writer.]

While I set up a character and give an actor the lines and settings, it is the actor himself that makes the character real.

It is the Choi Young that the actor Lee Min Ho made himself. ^^

As he is a rare young actor who speaks "I'm short of this and that" with his own mouth, I don't worry about him.
To such an actor, I think his fans could say, "You are short of this and please make efforts for it" on their own.

[Anna's comment: This was a part of chatting with her fans before airing of the last episode of Faith]

◆ About his next role

I hope that Minho will act a more psychological thing rather than a romcom whoever his costar(an actress) will be.
I think Minho will do well a very painful character in a melodrama... like Heathcliff.
Actually, I had put 'Die Leiden des jungen Werthers' into the basis of the Choi Young character.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=118736655318510&amp;id=100015465282535

***

***

Faith's writer Song Ji-Na wrote a couple of posts about Minho on her homepage in 2012.

As far as I remember, the title of the first post was "Talks behind Lee Min Ho's back".

But she didn't have any negative connotations about the title. I clarify it in advance in order that her intention might not be distorted in the translation of the title. It was just a play on words.

She wrote her impression about Minho without his knowing. And lots of Minho and Faith fans were grateful to her and happy for her post.

I translated only Minho-related part of that post.

The original post was written on an early day of Faith airing, but I cannot recall the exact date. The original post was deleted long ago, so I can't check.

==============================

Frankly speaking, I never watched Minho's past works before.

After I joined the Faith production team and wrote some initial scripts, the director and the SBS chief PD in the drama department brought up Minho's name.

So I said to them, "Please give me some time." And then I watched through 'Personal Taste', and 'City Hunter' for a few days.

After watching his works I sent a text message to those two people. "I heard that he was young, but he can express love with his eyes, Aha..."

At our first meeting, my greatest concern was whether he could act with Hee-Sun as a couple or not.

Their age gap is as many as 10 years, so I worried about it, of course.

He came in black... And I felt 'Um? Well, it seems that they can make it...'

Then I made up various stories instantly in my head, matching up this and that.. Wow..

The more I imagined stories, the more I felt thrilled without knowing it precisely.

The next time when we met was the character meeting held in my work room. We talked about Choi Young's character written previously in the initial scripts.

In a case like that, I usually talk to the actor repeatedly and lead him to talk.

In my opinion, the best character is made from the genuine traits of the actor, only spiced a little by the writer.

However, though we talked for quite a long time, it was hard for me to catch them from him at first... (Yep. I remind you, this is 'talks behind his back'...)

(He may want to protest, saying "how can this be me?". But you did look like this to me, so now what?)

(I caught tiredness, loneliness, languidness, or whatever hidden behind his courteous smiles.)

And then, I totally changed the Choi Young part from the previous scripts to what we have now. (The previous Choi Young character was somewhat more macho and tougher.)

It was a pity that only I could see him at that time, but what could I do?

Ahhh.. I remember the day when the production team and I met Hee-Sun and Minho together for the first time. ^^

We were so pleased to death with seeing them sitting side by side.

I thought, 'Wow, it feels like matchmaking. Should we make them bow to each other?' or something like that.

Those two actors seemed to be match-made in heaven since their first meeting. On that day, seeing those two I could not help smiling inside.

I even thought that they could make their love story on their own even if I wrote rough scripts. What a relief...

Dear Minho, now sleep-deprived and busy shooting... I read an interview saying he already lost 7kg weight.

Please sleep and eat like Choi Young as much as possible on your own and I hope you will endure a long shooting schedule like a marathon. Fighting~!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=117892685402907&ajmp;id=100015465282535

Sorry, I forgot to thank you for this! I read it on the LMH thread and I really like to have this insight information. 

54 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

part of me feels that it is because of weak writing especially in regards to eui seon. now when you love a drama, you don't notice the flaws. I don't remember thinking any of these when I first watched years ago but some of the flaws has become difficult to ignore on a re-watch. am still not sure why everyone wants eui seon to be honest and that is why the villains all seem a bit weird.

what exactly does ki cheol want with eui seon? does he want to travel to the future? why exactly? initially it seemed like he wants eui seon because he wants to be powerful but then he is actually more powerful than the king for the most part. so why not control the kingdom already? he seems to want to go to the future but it is not really clear why. is it simply sort of intellectual curiousity? or is he sick and thinks she can cure him? what use does eui seon have?

frankly, doctor jang seems a better doctor than eui seon. she is highly reliant on modern technology and seems totally lost without her tools. every time someone falls sick, her response is "if I had xx tools"... she is not able to do anything useful without them -- perhaps a comment on modern medicine? but anyways, since she is not some magical doctor, it is not like she adds much value to goryeo. it is not like she has taught people to avoid contaminated water and thus avoid water-borne diseases. basically she hasn't done anything really useful for the people with her modern medicine knowledge.

then does she add value because she is from heaven/future? even after so many episodes, people are not necessarily sure what to make of her. reason is she doesn't know much about history anyway, hasn't revealed anything that useful or impacted anyone. for example, in many literature stories, the future traveler gets prominence by successfully predicting the end of the eclipse and convincing everyone he/she has magical powers. in this case, she pretty much hasn't done anything of value. so if we look at poison moustache man, he seems to despise her and know she is not really special. in that case, why does he want her?

her real value seems to be in relation to daejang and how he feels about her. so rather than eui seon, it seems to be an indirect way of trying to control daejang. the idea seems to be that whoever controls daejang can control the kingdom due to the superior fighting forces. however, all of this is rather vague and kind of implied but not necessarily spelt out. basically, I keep feeling like I have been watching a lot of politics but I am not really sure what exactly the fights are about and I need some newsreader to explain it to me a in short 2 minute summary clip. :sweatingbullets:

I think that the character lacks a real goal and that is why we are confused. First he wants power, political and economic power both, and to be the one who controls the kingdom without being King. Later he wants Eun Soo for himself, but not as a woman but as a source of information, since he is so attracted to the Hwata story. And here I agree with you, because for being a modern doctor and with knowledge of the future, Eun Sol it is not really impressive as she could have been.

After that, I don't get the character until almost the last chapters, when it is explained why he wants to go the "heaven" and that is a feeling that we can understand, or not, but it is valid. 

And all these grays I think are related to a non developed writing of those characters. I mean, we have full arc stories for the King, for Choi Young, but for characters like Eun Soo, I think the character is half written. The same for KC. And the venom prince... I really don't get why they would introduce a new villain when a good one was already in the story. And, for me, the repetition with poisoning Eun Soo denotes lack of imagination. 

I am really disappointed in the writer, not for the script itself, because I can understand that writing a drama while it is being aired must be stressful and difficult, but because she started writing the novel, to show us everything that couldn't go into the screen for several reasons... And she didn't finish the novel. 

:criesariver:

I haven't seen any more dramas of her, and maybe she is a genius, but for me, in Faith (both the drama and the novel) she didn't do a great job. And I haven't say anything about the rushed end. Yet.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 2