Episode 24

So the shaking of Choi Young’s hand is in fact something psychological. He was still able to fight off Ki Chul and his men anyway, especially when provoked. Now our general has got his thoughts and heart straight and decided not to follow the footsteps of his master. I didn’t expect that his master’s death would be linked at this time, but it made sense that Choi Young used that moment to decide on his fate now as general. He has returned to Gongnim, and I am more than happy to see him back at his side.

Spoiler

UkUYSUW.gif

hFbqWBV.gif

tlQgjsg.gif

Hurray for Eun Soo getting well! But treating poison with poison was a risky move, and yep, she needed a lot of faith that she would get that one shot at getting cured.

Spoiler

stOl7Cq.gif

Noguk is the perfect queen that complements King Gongnim. She’s not afraid to speak her mind, and would not hesitate giving her total support to him. It was heartwarming to watch their love blossom throughout the drama.

Spoiler

am6dALJ.gif

So Ki Chul is back to the top spot of baddies. His greediness is frightening really, and thank goodness the portal won’t let him through. And I must say, I was quite relieved that fire lady and flute guy are no more. Clever thinking for Dae Man beating fire lady with wet cloth.

Spoiler

2VNIPDF.gif

u3MuZhY.gif

PqBlLnR.gif

GGoODyv.gif

YReIw70.gif

4YrrR1Y.gif

Finally, Choi Young asks Eun Soo the question, “Then now you’re going to stay with me?” And lovely scene when they’re in bed and are gazing lovingly at each other. “I’m trying to remember this moment, now that I don’t have to try to forget you.” I’m so happy for Choi Young for finally being able to say that. But during those scenes, I felt that something would tear them apart again. And true enough, as they are separated by something one may not even comprehend.

5RsBAJP.gif

Gkc9D98.gif

When Eun Soo was shoved in by Ki Chul through the portal, I expected her to immediately come back right through. But she headed to the hospital and took some supplies to cure Choi Young. I gave a comment last episode that I felt the story is coming in full circle, and I see that here, too, with Eun Soo getting hospital supplies to take back to Goryeo world. Well, not only in a full circle, but more like a loop, as it is finally revealed that Eun Soo is Hwa Ta herself, who has been thrown off to a period a hundred years earlier. So it turns out Hwa Ta was not merely there to cure people, but she’s motivated really to help bridge the fate of Choi Young with hers. Hence her leaving the diary for her future self, including the film canister which I think is a perfect way to preserve a note underneath a rock for years, but also a chilling way in a period years before the camera was even invented.

Spoiler

OTsMYcU.gif

uVomjUX.gif

I love how Choi Young wasn’t even surprised to see Eun Soo back. He kept the faith that she will come back for him, as she already answered ‘yes’ to his question of her staying with him.  

Despite its budget problems, among others, I see why Faith is endearing to most fans. The story revolves around the love between Choi Young and Eun Soo, and the way it slowly unfolds is captivating to watch. From the transformation of indifferent and unmotivated Choi Young to a protecting and loving partner for Eun Soo, to the choosing of Eun Soo to stay in a foreign world to be with her loved one, are testaments to our imja couple learning, not merely to be alive, but how to actually live their lives. And most importantly, having faith that their love is strong enough to transcend both time and space.

Spoiler

x0roXyE.gif

rq66Yic.gif

Thanks much to @Lmangla for initiating this rewatch, and all Faithlings for your insightful posts. :heart:

• Love 2
  • Awesome 3

ARGgmqZ.png

cr as tagged

This is the continuing thoughts from Ep 24 where ES overhead the group of Wuldachis' talking about Daejang in the inn. While running all the way to the oak tree, ES can’t stop thinking and this is what being played inside her mind…

Is it really him waiting for me ? that he never forgets me after so long ? Just as my mind is trying to convince me not to have high hope, my heart roars its denial shutting my mind up.

ES runs and finally sees that hugh oak tree unchanged,she stopped for a moment while the pain clenches in her heart again,the place she last saw him,helpless image of CY lying frozen unable to move still haunt her till today.

As ES gets nearer, she saw a man back facing her,wearing the Goryeo armour, her heart starts to beat faster as she gets closer.When CY slowly turns upon hearing footsteps and sees ES, time stopped in that moment, as if the whole world has frozen. The feeling was so overwhelming that tears fills ES eyes almost blinding her sight,her legs chained to the ground unable to move as CY walks slowly towards her.

When CY reaches,he slowly raises his hand untying ES hat, taking it off as his teary eyes never leave hers and his heart pumping with happiness to see his belove ES , he has Faith that she would return to him one day. His slow and steady hand gently follows the length of her hair down to the shoulders. ES was mesmerized and stopped breathing subconsciously,face leans on his hand and feels his fingers on her cheek. ES could feels his first gentle touch after so much longing,smile softens while eyes traces his features with his new bearded looks.

Before ES has the chance to voice out, she could feels his soft hands on her shoulder, pulling her in his embrace and caressing her. ES burst out in sobs and his soft voice whisper telling her how much he misses her all these years.

CY slowly lift up ES face,those magnetic warm eyes and gaze of his have the power of chaining ES, preventing & keeping her from doing anything else than just looking at him. CY tenderly guides to where he was sitting before under the oak tree, his arm rests behind her soft silky neck drawing her in his embrace, nestling her head on his armored shoulder and his hands keep stroking her long shining hair.

CY lips brushes her forehead as he speaks softly telling ES he had to survive;had to live waiting for her to come back as his low voice would matched by a soft stroke on her hair. ES try to hold back new tears as he hugged her fiercely in his arms, rush by new emotions which makes her forgets to breath.

CY continue telling ES that all these years, he never forgets her. The jars of antidote,her cloths, the smell of yellow mums,the bottle of aspirin, the comb she used,are all kept safely in his room. There were times where he would wake up during the night to cherish those things that belongs to her.

As ES could feel tears flowing down her cheeks, her eyes finally raise to look at him, slowly bitting her lips trying to regain some composure, closing her eyes to fight back the tears and opening them up again. CY stare is intent as his eyes looking for any sign of new tears as he speaks again, his strong controlled voice…. answer me, never again you leave me… as ES slowly nod, Yes….. Daejang…. I am back and will never part from you again. CY lips open in sweet smile while his thumbs softly brush her cheeks drying up the tears.

Slowly,CY eyes clench tight,one tear finally falls down as the slow drop leaves his eyes falling down until it stops on the corner of his mouth. CY whispers.. Imja..I love you !

• Like 2
  • Awesome 3

While I was housekeeping my hardisk, found below poem which I twit a little and would like to share here.

d9505VK.jpg

I search for you in the passages of time and space

I wait in silence under this moonlit night

Beneath this tired tree will witness my longing

I feel the gentle breeze upon my face

Your fingers softly trace my lips

I gaze upon your face with love

How can I slowly ease this ache upon my heart

Sweet silence, may I lay my tears, my fears

I rest my weary soul, my heavy sword

I wait in hope and longing,by heaven's door I stand

To cross this threshold of Faith

I hear your footsteps tread slowly

Into my waiting heart.

• Love 1
  • Awesome 5
  • Thanks 1

EVENT: Guess the k-drama (game)

Chingus, it's time for a little friendly game. Your Event Organizers "I Love Gossip" and "Give Me the Goss" have written clues, you guess which dramas we are referring to.

Come on over and test your k-drama knowledge!:kiss_wink:

re: @Lmangla

• Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

I've taken some parts of the script in the first half of Episode 23 that were omitted from the televised series and added them to the recap/adaptation of Faith. If interested, here's the link:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/25290487/chapters/61675939

I love this gif of CY in all his long-haired glory, on his way with Eun-soo to Gangwha Island.

UIDLqAD.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, msdot said:

I've taken some parts of the script in the first half of Episode 23 that were omitted from the televised series and added them to the recap/adaptation of Faith. If interested, here's the link:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/25290487/chapters/61675939

I love this gif of CY in all his long-haired glory, on his way with Eun-soo to Gangwha Island.

Thanks for the revised recap @msdot    Will read later.

Love the gif .. my favourite hairstyle of Daejang, comparing with the other two.

3x 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Msdot, thanks for the interesting and detailed story! I was very worried about the episode with the sword and hand of the general. I understand what a tragedy it is for a strong man-warrior to suddenly feel his weakness and understand that he will not be able to protect his beloved woman! It is a real shock to lose your gift. Therefore, it is not surprising that Dezhang's teacher preferred death at the hands of a drunken king. It is good that Dezhang turned out to be a more spiritually strong and courageous person and did not break down from this misfortune.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

266527800_624.v1601779794.jpg?zoom=2

Location of the tour from the "Faith" series, which I intended to go to:

Village of blacksmiths Kogurei

Traveled in September 2016.

266527799_624.v1601779787.jpg?zoom=2

266528027_624.v1601781741.jpg?zoom=2

Spoiler

266527805_624.v1601779834.jpg?zoom=2

266527801_624.v1601779800.jpg?zoom=2

266527804_624.v1601779828.jpg?zoom=2

266528023_624.v1601781741.jpg?zoom=2

266528025_624.v1601781741.jpg?zoom=2

https://minho622minozjapankizuna.wordpress.com/2020/10/06/[絆・行ったつもりon-lineロケ地ツアー⑥信義]-이민/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3