Ep 6 - Part II

eZquJRI3DptFc0WULgOOm4-FAMAzYR15swr25EBJ

When CY wanted to go look for Daeman because he felt uneasy since Daeman hadn't return yet. He told ES to wait for him at the mandu restaurant while he goes out looking for Daeman.

CY: Please wait here.

ES: Why?

CY: Anyway, I feel uneasy...

ES: About what?

CY: I will be back soon.

ES: Where are you going?

CY: I won't say this twice. In the future, even if you ask "why" or "what", I won't answer.

So if I tell you to wait, you just have to wait. And I won't be long, so please wait right here and don't move at all. While you eat a lot of those dumplings.

CY stormed out the mandu stall  and headed towards his horse.

ES (while chasing CY with her mouth full of mandu)... Answer me one thing before you go...

Now he knew that ES wasn't someone who would just easily obey his words and do as she's told. In fact, he was kind of expecting ES to ask for further explanations even after he told her that he will not be answering her "whys" or "whats" from now on .

But then, instead of asking him for some further explanations of where he's going and why she has to wait there for him, she asked something which left him quite dumbfounded since he sort of didn't expect it.

Instead, ES made an appeal and pleaded for CY to just lend her some money so that she could return home.  Now we see how truly desperate & petrified ES really is. She was always fearless even in front of the villians.  She finds it was just plain dangerous to stay in Goryeo and they will chop off her head should she fail the bet.

Before she was only desperate to save CY because he was her only ticket to the portal, now she was adamant to go back with or without CY.

As worried as he was for DM, but as soon as he saw how afraid ES really was and knowing that he’s the only one whom she can truly depend on, he gave up the idea of looking for DM and decied to stay by her side to protect her.

Is CY taking a big step and putting ES as his first prority ?

CY was stunt at the dilapitated condition of the house the young king was staying, however he 

was so happy to meet him again after 3 years.

kBtaN9t2RX4yhNL29wyaFTHm0vkSIRixB6BLsDeK

It was so beautiful yet heartbreaking when CY was leaving at the end of the episode and ES with the little king waved at him and told him to return soon. CY looked at them as if it was his family – his wife and child. 

Oh, his smile is so radiant! What a beautiful smile!  

M3F7eyMSzJrIDaB-vECipNyxXEqNqx9w2HD440PP

Edited by Thong Thin
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

17 hours ago, violetts said:

It's adorable that he thinks his heart beating rapidly has something to do with his recent injury. Oh Choi Young, my sweet summer child. It's called falling in love. It has nothing to do with your wound.

In hindsight, it's hilarious reading his POV, because if he thinks this is it, he's dead wrong. Our girl Eun Soo is about to put his heart on a rollercoaster ride :lol:

Also super interesting to see her POV in the book. She's started to fall for him too, and we don't really perceive that during the scene in the show. 

I'm just... I'm in love with their love.

Ohhh @violetts  I am in love with your POV too!   Thank you so much!    How I wish there were more excerpts from Song Ji Na's novel.  

@H0ney  At times I feel like telling the King and Queen to stop going round and round - you could feel the "tension" between them.    Heart pounding when seeing  our "wet" Daejang - there was this BTS moments when he was by the pool, all wet wearing his full armour / gear ... 

@Thong Thin  ES can really talk and ticks Daejang all the time.  Love to see her playful teasing remarks. on him and his exasperation looks!   I kept replaying the walk in the forest scenes and the stop over where they rested.   Then I remember this one word, his favourite? ... that you guys here were saying earlier :blush:  He was so serious in this scene, guess he sensed someone (the fire-lady) was nearby.  

giphy.gif

LMH's portrayal of the varied emotions in the few seconds / minutes when ES talked about herself living alone in Seoul till she was kidnapped, how worried her mom would be and then reminded him of his promise to take her to the portal, was daebak.  

• Like 2
  • Love 2

20 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

Ep 6 - Part II

When CY wanted to go look for Daeman because he felt uneasy since Daeman hadn't return yet. He told ES to wait for him at the mandu restaurant while he goes out looking for Daeman.

CY: Please wait here.

ES: Why?

CY: Anyway, I feel uneasy...

ES: About what?

CY: I will be back soon.

ES: Where are you going?

CY: I won't say this twice. In the future, even if you ask "why" or "what", I won't answer.

So if I tell you to wait, you just have to wait. And I won't be long, so please wait right here and don't move at all. While you eat a lot of those dumplings.

CY stormed out the mandu stall  and headed towards his horse.

ES (while chasing CY with her mouth full of mandu)... Answer me one thing before you go...

Now he knew that ES wasn't someone who would just easily obey his words and do as she's told. In fact, he was kind of expecting ES to ask for further explanations even after he told her that he will not be answering her "whys" or "whats" from now on .

But then, instead of asking him for some further explanations of where he's going and why she has to wait there for him, she asked something which left him quite dumbfounded since he sort of didn't expect it.

Instead, ES made an appeal and pleaded for CY to just lend her some money so that she could return home.  Now we see how truly desperate & petrified ES really is. She was always fearless even in front of the villians.  She finds it was just plain dangerous to stay in Goryeo and they will chop off her head should she fail the bet.

Before she was only desperate to save CY because he was her only ticket to the portal, now she was adamant to go back with or without CY.

As worried as he was for DM, but as soon as he saw how afraid ES really was and knowing that he’s the only one whom she can truly depend on, he gave up the idea of looking for DM and decied to stay by her side to protect her.

Is CY taking a big step and putting ES as his first prority ?

CY was stunt at the dilapitated condition of the house the young king was staying, however he 

was so happy to meet him again after 3 years.

It was so beautiful yet heartbreaking when CY was leaving at the end of the episode and ES with the little king waved at him and told him to return soon. CY looked at them as if it was his family – his wife and child. 

Oh, his smile is so radiant! What a beautiful smile!  

Loved your comments of Episode 6. So on point. Daebak!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

It's been a long time since I post on this thread, but I am still continuously lurking here and read all of your amazing recaps. :thumbsup:

RL has been hectic and pandemic situation is getting worse in my country thus I'm kinda not in the mood to think heavily for drama watching, LOL. I am still watching Faith until ep 6 and still hooked by Daejang Choi Young, haven't thought much about other characters. 

Saw there was a kissing scene of Choi Young and his first love in ep 5 in one of the recap? I didn't remember seeing the scene on my video? Where can we watch it? Just curious how Choi Young would look like in kissing scene. Haha.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

5 hours ago, JoannaID said:

Saw there was a kissing scene of Choi Young and his first love in ep 5 in one of the recap? I didn't remember seeing the scene on my video? Where can we watch it? Just curious how Choi Young would look like in kissing scene. Haha.

On 9/5/2020 at 1:57 AM, msdot said:

That was me in my comments on Episode 5, but it wasn’t included in the actual series. Go figure—it’s a hot kiss!

Hi @JoannaID  The pic was from @msdot  I wonder whether she has the clip .. i would want to see too.

giphy-downsized-large.gif
I really love the horse-y scene between the two.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

On 9/7/2020 at 4:16 AM, H0ney said:

The queen is always cute. The way she confessed her feelings to king Gong Min always adorable. If the king falls so does the queen that is why she is worried awwwwwww my teeth aching hahaha :heart2beat: *heart dugun dugun mode ON

I like how the King & Queen love story mirrors Choi Young & Eun Soo's love line but in exact opposite ways. It's like ying and yang.

• King & Queen relationship: soft, tender, vanilla. Adorable. We can't help but swoon at the mushy love. Like soft cotton you just want to roll yourself in.
  • Choi Young & Eun Soo: feisty, back and forth bickering, explosive physical attraction. The kind of love that makes your heart explode because of the intensity. 

Some bts photos for y'all -- 

Exhibit A - Adorable couple (seriously, they're so adorable I wanna die)

tumblr_nn9pk3ykao1tutagfo1_640.jpg

Exhibit B - Feisty couple (Also wanna die but for different reasons)

tumblr_mdojrjBqEr1rj1b07o1_640.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

@JoannaID @H0ney ~ I know what you mean by getting distracted by real life and not being able to watch. so had a tough time finishing ep 6. not sure if it is because of the real life mood but part of me felt irritated with the doctor. I was reminded of what my friend said about faith == lee min ho is awesome, the female lead is annoying!

when the doctor is being her doctor self, it feels more natural. not that serious cynical people can't be quirky but there seems to be no connectivity between the two opposites sides of her character. if it was anime character, it wouldn't seem so strange but as a human, the polar extremes without that connectivity scenes feel a bit odd. :sweatingbullets:

also as a doctor, she is right in her own assessment that she is a good surgeon but hates patients. yea, she has awful bedside manners and in real life is the kind of physician that would frustrate families because she does not speak clearly. when min young asks repeatedly, "can you cure him?" -- she needs to give a clear answer so that he can decide whether moving the previous king back is worth all the political turmoil. she instead gives scientific google speak. yea, was totally shaking my head at that one and getting irritated at her binding min young from making an informed decision on whether the risks are acceptable. hard as it sounds, if the kid was dying and nothing could be done, then it would not make any sense to endanger so many people by taking this kid back to the hospital in the palace....

the king continues to fret and is trying to figure out how to outsmart ki cheol. lady choi shows she is min young's aunt where she tells king that ki cheol cannot be trusted at all and handing over the keys to the kingdom would be a huge mistake... ki cheol is missing a bit of his usual confident arrogance.. everyone including his assistant realize that ki cheol is a bit tense and so has no idea how this will play out unlike their previous encounters.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2

morning chingus! we are on ep 7 & 8 this week.

a question - is 2 episodes a week good? do you want to increase to 3? am happy with 2 as I find it hard to find to allot time to watch.. but if folks feel it may be more interesting if we increase the number of episodes, let me know! we can do a poll to see where everyone is at...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

a question - is 2 episodes a week good? do you want to increase to 3? am happy with 2 as I find it hard to find to allot time to watch.. but if folks feel it may be more interesting if we increase the number of episodes, let me know! we can do a poll to see where everyone is at...

Yes, 2 episodes per week else I'll be like this !!! 

KlWtQpq1lBvQ4nQ1SDrrybhI_zpY3MCieNPqT9kV

Edited by Thong Thin
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

I think 2 episodes per week is ok. I am new to K-drama and among all of LMH's dramas, to me, Faith sits as the heaviest one, required thinking and attention to details to really gasp the drama messages. It's better to watch it slowly. 

Well TKEM is also not a simple drama, but TKEM is easier to watch for new viewers thanks to the grandeur visual and cinematography. lol.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

Thanks for the suggestion but for me, 2 episodes per week is good.   I take 3 - 4 days to look at Daejang in each epi - hahahaha!  Just kidding!

And thanks @Thong Thin the Hoodie General CY!   Awesome!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

Hello my Faithlings!

I haven’t had the chance to watch but I definitely remember scenes :D these episodes are actually the scene where we see Daejang get the yellow flower from ES. It is really sweet and I love that he just allows the flower to be there. :wub: I remember also that these episodes will be followed by a misunderstanding between Daejang and ES in regards to the exiled prince. This was the one moment where I felt really bad for Daejang because this man has to carry so much on his shoulders. Yet he didn’t waver in his actions and continued to protect ES. 

Get me a man like this too! :P

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

2 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Hello my Faithlings!

I haven’t had the chance to watch but I definitely remember scenes :D these episodes are actually the scene where we see Daejang get the yellow flower from ES. It is really sweet and I love that he just allows the flower to be there. :wub: I remember also that these episodes will be followed by a misunderstanding between Daejang and ES in regards to the exiled prince. This was the one moment where I felt really bad for Daejang because this man has to carry so much on his shoulders. Yet he didn’t waver in his actions and continued to protect ES. 

Get me a man like this too! :P

mentally strong and faithful Daejang

photo242426.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Thoughts on Episode 7

Again my apologies for the length. There’s a lot that happens in this episode, with several touching scenes between our Imja couple, Choi Young and one of his Woodachi,  Young and the boy prince, and the King and Queen. As usual, Young and Eun-soo are coming at things from entirely different perspectives, and their interactions variously bring them a little closer, show affectionate teasing, or push them apart.

The first is at the cabin in the woods, when Choi Young rejoins Eun-soo and the young prince after holding off Ki Chul’s men. When she sees Young’s blood-streaked face, she’s first concerned that he’s hurt. But when he replies that it’s not his blood, she turns cold, repulsed by the realization that he’s likely just killed several people. Exhausted and vulnerable, he’s surprised by her harshness. Too tired to argue or point out the unfairness of her reaction, he effectively banishes himself to the other side of the room, and leans against a post all night, keeping an ear out for pursuers. 

When Eun-soo awakens the next morning, she realizes all that he did and is still doing to protect them. She goes to him, but understandably piqued at her and taken aback by her sudden closeness, he moves away. She follows him, sitting so close to him that they touch, no doubt a big no-no for an uncommitted man and woman in that culture. He coolly asks what she thinks she’s doing and scoffs when she tells him to rest on her shoulder, implying that men don’t lean on women. Bless her heart, she comes right back with how that’s nonsense; what matters is who is most tired. He’s too macho to admit that she’s right, but his head soon falls on her shoulder as he appears to have finally been able to let himself sleep. She quietly checks his pulse and temperature and then wrinkles her nose in his direction, muttering, “The smell of blood.” But she stays there, a tacit admission that she’s willing to tolerate it (and tolerate who he is as a warrior). And when his eyes open slightly at her words and then close again, we understand that his head didn’t just fall on her shoulder, he chose to accept that comfort from her.

LzifOP2.jpg

The two of them sometimes remind me of porcupines gingerly trying to get close. They slowly and sometimes haltingly grow to care deeply for the other one, stretching themselves to grow beyond their customs and hang-ups. For me their stay at the cabin was sweet and touching. Song Ji-na is just awesome as a screenwriter, repeatedly embedding this complex process in relatively simple scenes.

Other charming scenes include the time Eun-soo sings a hilariously off-key song to the prince to distract him from his pain, and when Eun-soo offers Young a small flower, teasingly putting it over his ear and then laughing uproariously. She keeps intruding on him, keeping him a little off balance and helping him wake up from his stoic indifference.

Hz3cRuG.jpg

Ju-seok, the long-haired Woodalchi sent to find Young, receives a benediction of sorts from him. Young gives him a message for the King and grasps Ju-seok’s shoulder as he adds that, if the King kills him after delivering the message, he’s sorry. There was something about that interaction that was a bit shocking to me. I think it’s the way Young matter-of-factly acknowledges how easily death can come from a King; yet he is still confident that Ju-seok will carry out his order. Talk about shared honor, loyalty and duty!

LI9YbXe.jpg

The King’s attitude shows signs of softening toward his Queen when he finally begins to get it that she’s not into Choi Young; she only thinks that the King needs his Woodalchi Commander more than he needs her. Unfortunately they’re interrupted during this tentative rapprochement by the histrionics of Il-shin & Co., telling the King that Choi Young has betrayed him. 

The most heartrending scene in the entire series made me gasp out loud. The young prince has taken poison in order to save Young and is suffering horribly with no hope of recovery. There’s such a tender moment between the prince and Young, the one asking about heaven and the other telling him about how bright it is there and how he won’t lose his way. Then Young, with the prince’s permission, gives him the warrior’s mercy, a quick death with a knife to the heart. 

Spoiler

rBdvXMe.jpg

Young is heartbroken, but being the elite warrior he is, he recognizes that he’ll have to mourn later; he and Eun-soo must try to escape. He wipes his own tears away as Eun-soo returns, so she doesn’t see his pain. She’s stunned that he has killed the prince and mistakes his soldierly demeanor for callousness. He tries to hold her there, but she tears herself away and runs out the door. The look on his face is so hurt that I wanted to cry as much for him as for the prince.

At the very end of the episode, there’s a fine bit of nonverbal acting by LMH. When Hwa-su-in threatens Eun-soo, Young drops his sword and is forced to his knees. He bends his head down, acknowledging defeat. Then he looks up toward Eun-soo, making sure she’s OK and hoping for some sign from her. But she’s still in shock about what happened to the prince and turns away with tears in her eyes. Young looks down again, realizing he’s all alone in this. Then his face slowly gives way to an ironic smile, understanding how neatly he’s been trapped by Ki Chul.  

Spoiler

RHFlk5O.jpg

[I don't know how to do those lovely gifs, but if anyone has a clip of this little bit, please post. Thanks!]

Edited by MinLyn
Please put more than 3 images in spoiler tags. Thanks.
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

Ep 7 - Part I

Crc56giiqKIXdZmgkuduct_UJHNUHG4NnjNDwyGg

cr as tagged

I enjoyed the way Choi Young and Eun Soo relationship progress and developed slowly but steadily,they were cute, funny and romantic together.  In the beginning, while we can see Choi Young grew more and more interested in Eun Soo, he was still nonchalant towards her and her teasing.

But in the course of the episode, their relationship hit so many levels,  step by step, for both of them.

For Eun Soo, from trusting him to now disgusted with him but still having affection for him.

For Choi Young - he learned to lean on her (shoulder), smiled because of her and in the end, come to the stage where he really need her.

Spoiler

CY still hiding inside his shell.  

uEj9tuijTBrGDyM04tb7YXXL3hbDIilKVP7-wlqt

vdflTMaOATiLO2EChxVhPNEFNdrySOQBwzlIecAE

CY finally free himself and found someone to lean on ...

zxBU6e7QWcYpMqFlIGcIab2tEwKKjnucr0NTw8YP

cr s tagged

Eun Soo singing her song, both off key and off pitch, amusing Choi Young to no end...

141FAB425044C74332B809  cr as tagged

How could this flower boy be so HOTTTT !

Spoiler

Innocent look !

fePkcYa2esOY7V0nVyNM8rPBXF7OdT6BFw9iiFP_

He doesn't know anything and wondering what the hell she is laughing like a crazy woman !

6pLWlUiXO7cg78RQMCVf0Q0tf37HpRKrboO5HBAS

cr as tagged

I99fksJr9vwzkk8s3uCE_lyNsqU9904qLPD-HlIO

cr as tagged

Choi Young probably stabbed or killed people which is his job to protect the King and Country,but to put a knife through a young boy to ease him from his pain to mercy kill.. a young boy you've know for 3 years...a young boy you've secretly grown to love and than to have that very young boy die in your arms, I have no words that could describe such a painful memory.

To watch the former King and a young boy - going through all the tortuous effects of the poison is agonizing, till his last breath he has to suffer not because of his illness but because of the slow acting poision,the rotting flesh, discolored hands, incessant trembling, so I can totally understand why Choi Young makes the choice to kill him & alleviate his sufferings with his own hands in the end.Even if he doesn't ask for the former King's permission before killing him, I won't even fault him.

At the same time, Ki Chul should be thanked for sending Choi Young to the former King, the person the former King probably wishes to see most before he dies is Choi Young, whom he considers a close confidante and brother. I'm not sure if Choi Young would have paid him a visit when he has the time but I doubt so, given his status as the leader of Woodalchi and also, there's the issue with the present King. But what I know is because of Choi Young and Eun Soo, he is happy for the first time- talks to Choi Young, catches a glimpse of another world called Heaven, learns about female pop groups and English words like babysitter and probably for the first time in his exile, genuinely laughs (at Eun Soo's off-key singing,LOL) and feels a warmth and family love. Although the former King doesn't know it, he is indirectly the one who brings our main OTP closer.

Even in death, the former King chooses a heroic and noble one. No doubt the guilt will bear heavily on Choi Young but this goes both ways. Like all the members of the Woodalchi, the former King is also eager to do something, anything for a brother and friend who has loved and taken care of him all this time. Since he isn't going to live long enough to do that, the only way to do it is to take the poison on Choi Young's behalf.Even though the scene of his death is heartbreaking, my heartbreak more for Choi Young (it's always worse for the living in the event of a tragedy) and not so much for the former king because at the very least, the former king does not die alone. He dies in the arms of his loved one. He dies for a worthy cause- to protect his loved one. He has experienced a few hours of happiness before his death. To top it all, he is finally free of the chains of his debilitating disease.

Not only did Choi Young save the former King from having a painful death he also saved Eun Soo from carrying a life long scar ...Yes the memory of the former King death will always be with Eun Soo  along with Choi Young putting a knife/murdering the former King...but only to realize later on of Choi Young’s pain as he made that painful decision .....

Eun Soo will never have to live with the memory of a patient specailly a child dying in her arms ...her first patient ...because no matter what Eun Soo did...she wouldn't have been able to save the former King without the modern tools and medication.

Choi Young heart broken look !

Spoiler

184A32395044CFD7375B07

176AB3395044CFDA0EAB05

124731395044CDF534D6F6

20458B375044CDF9305782

cr as tagged

Edited by Thong Thin
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2

20 minutes ago, msdot said:

Thoughts on Episode 7

The two of them sometimes remind me of porcupines gingerly trying to get close. They slowly and sometimes haltingly grow to care deeply for the other one, stretching themselves to grow beyond their customs and hang-ups. For me their stay at the cabin was sweet and touching. Song Ji-na is just awesome as a screenwriter, repeatedly embedding this complex process in relatively simple scenes.

Awww @msdot   love every line of your thoughts - you put them so welll ...  SWEET and TOUCHING .... sorry that I had to cut your post.   Every bit about this pair including the King-Queen and the young King-CY moments.  Thank you again!

giphy.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Daejang's expression below ... LMH's eyes

giphy.gif

@Thong Thin will read yours soon!  

• Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1