Hello all,

Hope all is well. I haven't been actively participating, but I am diligently updating the blog, sharing the omitted script tidbits :). Ep7 ending is a scene that's up for interpretation so be sure to read up on this part.

Excerpt from the script - ep7:

ES looks at CY and CY stares back at ES.

(In CY’s eyes) Hwasuin moves closer to ES, takes off her glove and puts her hand on ES’s shoulder. Choi Young laughs bitterly, having a feeling of ‘damn, there is nothing more can be done’. Choi Young raises the hand that holds his sword. The soldiers around twitch at the sight of that. He then fiercely sticks his sword into the ground; ES continues to look at him. Hwasuin smiles beside ES and removes her hand off of ES’s shoulder.

CY opens up his arms wide (to surrender).

Eun Soo has the look of “nearly in tears” while they both look at each other.

There is a moment of heartache for CY before the soldier hits his back and knee that forces him to kneel down on the ground.

ES turns her head to cry and CY did not see this…

ES was crying when she turns her back on CY and CY gives a bitter laugh.

From the drama it seems like ES is upset with CY for ending the king's life and she turns her head away from him, as if rejecting him. Per the script, it is more like she was worried for CY and turns her head because she didn't want to let CY see her cry and she couldn't bear to see a great warrior like him being abused and surrender.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

I have just watched ep 7, it made being emotionally roller coaster. There were sweet and happy moments but then suddenly turned into unexpected heartbreaking moments.

- On the earlier parts, I enjoy CY and ES interactions, there were many sweet moments. I love how ES can make CY smiles with her funny antics. LMH gorgeous smile is kinda under utilised in this drama so far, ep 7 allows me to watch LMH smiles as CY. ES seems to be able to me the stoic Daejang to be more emotionally alive.:rolleyes:

- I really like how ES asks CY to sleep on her shoulder and teases CY with that yellow flower, it's just just so cute and endearing. Finally get to see these two start to draw closer to each other and enjoy being together.

- The scene where CY had to end the young King's life is so sad and heartbreaking. I love LMH's acting here, his tears and sadness expression were on point. Not too much but I can feel his pain. Ah it made me sad. :tears:

I look forward to watch Ep 8! :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

13 hours ago, kehrite said:

-I love how Choi Young is serious but not either emotionless or a jerk, some writers can't manage to separate those traits but I love male leads who are perfectly decent people just more somber. I love his big dark eyes 

Thanks @kehrite  @JoannaID  for sharing your thoughts.      And hi @mademoisellesia long time no see ! :waves:

Most of you have known and seen LMH's acting longer than me.  You know why I love him so much in Faith.    I could watch his scenes a million times.  He always manages to get me with his acting as CY.    As Daejang, he has to act emotionally detached or uncompromising at times.  We know LMH is not like that.  And being in that stoic character as CY, he did such a fantastic job at that.   As an actor he could bring out those subtle emotions without having to say many words.    You feel pain when he’s so embittered and glimpse of hope when you see him smile.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Was on the last bit of Epi 7 , seeing how CY ran after ES - the fear in his eyes and the venomous hatred after that. 

13 hours ago, msdot said:

Lastly, once Young has sprung himself from prison, he tells the King that he doesn’t need to fight; he needs to have, and first, he should have Young. He will do the fighting. What a nice little turn of phrase! And the King responds by doing his own frontal breakthough with the symbolic change of clothing and the freeing of the Woodalchi and Young. It’s a very satisfying ending to this first part of the series!

I have not come to this part yet @msdot  This scene touches me a lot  - was surprised to see the King knelt down before Daejang -  he's so humble and sincere in his actions, totally trust the man (CY), putting his kingdom and the public before himself.

giphy-downsized-large.gif
And here, wow! my adrenalin really shot up!   The twist of event ! 

@Lmangla @partyon  Good job on LMH's spotlight!  Thanks again!
@CarolynH dugun dugun  LOLLL  

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

10 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

From the drama it seems like ES is upset with CY for ending the king's life and she turns her head away from him, as if rejecting him. Per the script, it is more like she was worried for CY and turns her head because she didn't want to let CY see her cry and she couldn't bear to see a great warrior like him being abused and surrender.

This is great, @mademoisellesia, thanks for posting it!   I'm going to adjust that part of my recap/adaptation accordingly. I've translated some of the script, but with an artificial translator, it's not always easy to figure out what Song Ji-na really meant! So glad you're doing it on your blog!  

I hope everyone checks out the Faith website and blog with lots of goodies and a fashion poll! Link is on page 1 of this thread.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Min2206 said:

Most of you have known and seen LMH's acting longer than me.  You know why I love him so much in Faith.    I could watch his scenes a million times.  He always manages to get me with his acting as CY.    As Daejang, he has to act emotionally detached or uncompromising at times.  We know LMH is not like that.  And being in that stoic character as CY, he did such a fantastic job at that.   As an actor he could bring out those subtle emotions without having to say many words.    You feel pain when he’s so embittered and glimpse of hope when you see him smile.

Sorry to cut your post, I just wanted to comment on this part. I remember that I saw something funny which is related to your comment here. I was reading old comments under Faith recaps in other site and many viewers commented how they were 'overwhelmed' by LMH hotness as CY Daejang, he was too hot to handle for them. LOL.

I noticed back in 2012, Faith was probably the first LMH drama to many viewers. 

And then someone shared that the way to shake off her self in being too enamoured by LMH hotness onscreen was to watch his BTS and interviews. She said that LMH is actually very different with Choi Young in real life, he is dorky and a bit socially awkward, just ordinary good looking guy. Haha.

Just reading these comments showed how good LMH as an actor is, when people watch him onscreen, they can really forget his personality in real life. :heart:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JoannaID said:

Sorry to cut your post, I just wanted to comment on this part. I remember that I saw something funny which is related to your comment here. I was reading old comments under Faith recaps in other site and many viewers commented how they were 'overwhelmed' by LMH hotness as CY Daejang, he was too hot to handle for them. LOL.

I noticed back in 2012, Faith was probably the first LMH drama to many viewers. 

And then someone shared that the way to shake off her self in being too enamoured by LMH hotness onscreen was to watch his BTS and interviews. She said that LMH is actually very different with Choi Young in real life, he is dorky and a bit socially awkward, just ordinary good looking guy. Haha.

Just reading these comments showed how good LMH as an actor is, when people watch him onscreen, they can really forget his personality in real life. :heart:

I echo you on this @JoannaID  Your last bit holds true! 

BTW, I was on City Hunter before the Faith Rewatch began.  I could stopped CH !!    Haha! 
Faith is just a rewatch, yet why would I not like get on the wheels with CH as it's new to me.   This Daejang really has such a big effect , so overwhelming that I can't shake the drama off.  :blush:  Thinking about it makes me squealed with embarrassment - LOL

Anyway, I am back to CH now .. going on Epi 6.     

giphy.gif

Mian he, Daejang-nim

084920205c125ebed54f8febe58231f5703551eb

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I like the cute scenes in episode 7 - Choi Young laying his head on Eun Soo's shoulder, and her putting a flower on his hair. His walls are slowly tumbling down because of her. And another adorable smile! Unexpected smiles coming from a warrior like him are really treasure.

Spoiler

CzYkAHG.gif

0rZTLu6.gif

vC0Azjl.gif

jX3ppfx.gif

Now on to the serious stuff. Indeed, this is a powerful episode. It reveals so much depth on the drama's plot and characters. We have seen Ki Chul go to great lengths to deceive and manipulate an entire kingdom just to achieve what he wants. And in the process, confronts and threatens relationships - that between Princess Noguk and King Gongnim, King Gongnim and Choi Young, and Choi Young and Eun Soo. Gongnim mistakens Noguk's plans for her fondness over Choi Young, Gongnim doubts Choi Young's loyalty, and Eun Soo perceives Choi Young as a murderer. Now the theme "faith" of this drama is affirmed - having faith in a person despite the circumstances telling you to do otherwise.

On Eun Soo's reaction to Choi Young's stabbing the king. I feel that this episode built up to that moment. When Eun Soo learned that the blood on Choi Young's face is not his, she showed some displeasure, and made him wipe it off. She smelled the blood on him when he lay his head on her shoulders. She put a flower on his hair to mask the smell of blood on him. She asked him to go to heaven with her, where he wouldn't have to kill anybody. And she heard him say bluntly that he would have to kill Gyung Chang if he asked him to help him get his crown back. That little kid to whom she took on a maternal role to, and have been attached to by now. So when she comes back to his lifeless body that was just alive minutes ago albeit in pain, her emotions building up to that moment got the best of her, and made her turn her back on Choi Young.

Spoiler

P2j83u9.gif

We have seen Choi Young's character unveiled - from a lazy and unmotivated warrior to an older brother figure who feels and weeps. It must have been excruciating to see Gyung Chang, the little king who brings out his humanness, suffer in pain for him. So ending that pain by taking his life on his hands must be a harrowing experience, to which he would have to live with. 

Spoiler

XId2ueT.gif

yw4JDUK.gif

E8WbeFM.gif

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

Episode 8

Spoiler

u5Ifrq0.gif

EdZhjU2.gif

D09iZFr.gif

It's sweet and thoughtful that Choi Young had kept the flower Eun Soo gave him. It figures why the bottle of aspirin was quite bigger than I expected. :D

t5E4Dth.gif

I am liking the development of King Gongnim's character. There is still some hint of insecurity, but he's self-aware and is gradually showing wisdom and commanding power. He's wise enough to decode Choi Young's message, and won't let his subjects stop him from meeting him personally. I'm also loving the scene where Choi Young bows before the king. And the King's gesture of him crouching down to his eye level, then puts his hand on his arm, says a lot on the King's trust on him. Choi Young then responds by busting out of prison then tells the King to have him, and he'll do the fighting. Nice!

lggqbrJ.gif

Spoiler

VS0RpaT.gif

KY3VC5J.gif

VFWlHvj.gif

During the course of the first few episodes, it appeared to me that Eun Soo would be the one reason that would make Choi Young want to live. But his declaration now that Ki Chul's provocation wakes him up and inspires him to live on, adds more meaning to his awakening, for a warrior who vows to protect the king and his people. Frozen and on-autopilot Choi Young has been revived and a warm-hearted warrior ready to kick a$$ is unleashed.

eoFYyuY.gif

Choi Young looks dashing in that cloak! And him marching in with the Woodalchi is badass.

Spoiler

dVl8R7r.gif

RMEnNM8.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

29 minutes ago, syntyche said:

Episode 8

1.  Choi Young then responds by busting out of prison then tells the King to have him, and he'll do the fighting. Nice!

2. Frozen and on-autopilot Choi Young has been revived and a warm-hearted warrior ready to kick a$$ is unleashed.

3.  Choi Young looks dashing in that cloak! And him marching in with the Woodalchi is badass.

Sorry to cut your post @syntyche  -- I will re-read your recap again  but I want to reiterate something!  The above lines are what I meant that makes my heart flutters!  

See, you guys can really write!  Awesome!

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is Monday and the Wooldalchi is planning prison break to save General Choi Young !

LyIxAkx7YkSuAto3aGqHGKf7x3uOmb9Ps_L2Ib1x

Deok Man : I can’t stand this anymore, let’s break out of here !

Deol Bae : I’m with him, I haven’t seen a woman’s face for weeks.

You know I go insane if I don’t

Deok Man : Yeah ! Women and drink !!!!!

Heaven Doctor is  good in making alchoholic drinks, Mojito             

Choong Suk : Do you boys think I don’t want to ?.. But where can we go ?

Deol Bae : SOOMPI !!!!

Those perverted girls are crazy about us .

Choong Suk : Alright men !  Listen up !

We are going to rock Soompi tonight  !

• LOL 7

Episode 8

d60Q6Jt.png

This episode showcases King GM struggle to be a competent and righteous king and how the bromance between CY and King GM progresses.

What added more depth to the scene was how CY had kept the flower in the aspirin bottle which gave him the feeling that the flower represent ES. He takes it out and recalls how she gave him the flower as a gift, how he borrowed her shoulders to lean on and her complaining that he smells blood.

CY lies down in the prison cell with teary eyes as he remembers how ES looked at him when he was in the cage waiting to be transported dto the Capital. Next we see CY in his dream state.

For CY to just dream this dream when his still flesh and bone has it's own symbol, that his dream no longer represents death but living a life.

As CY walked towards his father & fell into the frozen lake...how the icy water kept pulling him in as he drowned and struggled to break free ... If this were the old CY he would have welcomed death but instead he fought it .

The water did kill him ... it killed his desire to die and instead gave him the gift of life. As we know water symbolizes life , birth of a new direction which is what CY found when he fell into spring...which represents re-birth, growth and life, when flowers bloom and colour surrounds the complete opposite to winter.The dream was so symbolic in showing the change and new beginning in CY's life.

Spoiler

4ohlImt.png

Xjg6vEhkkq8ix8i2-z1T5nNa0Ul6T5U2uNgP6wGv

Gradually, we see how CY struggles to find a balance between giving loyalty to the king and to ES. But that struggle is the meaning of living. Life is full of struggles. To live is to struggle in order to fully understand the concept of love, loyalty, and happiness. One has to earn it; nothing is given. So one has to fight for those things. We may think that ES is the reason Choi Young is truly alive, but King GM also plays a huge role in creating CY's existence  in addition with KC provoking CY, that makes CY even wanted to live more.

KC's ambitions & ultimate goal is to take over the throne of Goryeo, by killing the Princess and using that as an excuse for Yuan to invade Goryeo.  

However, KC has higher aspirations, he thinks that travel to the future is possible for himself by showing his set of Hwata's instruments  to ES.   He was intently gauging her reaction.  As if a certain reaction from her would give him the answer to some secret that he knows. Besides that, KC is a self-serving, power-hungry, manipulating fox who will do anything to get his way.  As Lady Choi said - he's only out for himself.  That's why handing over the people to the likes of him would be the biggest mistake the king could make.  So being able to tap into the future and travel via portal to the heavens thrills him to no end because it means Power.

As a respected Warrior and Loyalty to the current serving King, CY kneel down when King GM walks in to question him. I love this scene when King GM kneel down same level as CY (so touching) and places his hands on CY chained arm and says, teach me, how do I fight in order to save you? 

ZEP4wmqK7dBV88f9NBWhsnFU5kplRe9Leyv3N1EU

Spoiler

9cQWxm7.png

The king told CY that he purposely sent ES to KC's side because that's the only way the King thinks she'd be safe. The first thing CY does after breaking out of prison is to check on ES safety,just to make sure she's alright. Here we sees CY stalking ES along with his jealousy eyes...

Spoiler

Next we see CY in hoody .... visiting King GM in his library.

He  says, "Take me as yours. I will fight for you." He was vowing to become the sword and shield of the king and officially proclaims himself a true warrior protecting the King and the dynasty.

Spoiler

mx22Uw0.png

tumblr_m9unnvGOvd1r9zq5ro2_r2_500.gif

When CY and his troop of Wooldachi march in to the court and kneel down, this calls for a new beginning for the King, Queen and General CY.

avPmhJH.jpg

** The End **

Edited by Thong Thin
  • Like 3
  • Awesome 2

I love your sense of humour @Thong Thin  - Soompi club huh?   :hwaiting2: Monday soon be over here.

And thanks for your great recap of Epi 8.  I read it as I re-watched the whole epi.   Daejang looks so badass in hoodie - the King was amazed at his ability to just walk out from the prison, undeterred and the scene in the chamber where the King was awe-strucked by CY's words of wisdom.

cr snowsnow

@syntyche  I wanted to copy paste the Epi 7 BTS here but youtube does not allow it , so the above was from  some bits from here, along with other scenes.   Do you have any BTS on previous Epi?  I know you posted a few.  Thank you

Spoiler

cr Saranghae Korea

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

Gradually, we see how CY struggles to find a balance between giving loyalty to the king and to ES. But that struggle is the meaning of living. Life is full of struggles. To live is to struggle in order to fully understand the concept of love, loyalty, and happiness. One has to earn it; nothing is given. So one has to fight for those things. We may think that ES is the reason Choi Young is truly alive, but King GM also plays a huge role in creating CY's existence  in addition with KC provoking CY, that makes CY even wanted to live more.

I loved your description of this process!

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

finally!! watched ep 7 ~ was laughing so much when doctor jang got stuck in the middle in the fight between the king and queen. it was cracking me up because he is like a foot taller than both of them and is literally repeating what the other is saying even though they are in the same room at the opposite ends of the table. and the embarrassment of doctor jang and lady choi when king leaned in to argue with the queen, kekekeke... what did they think he was going to do? angry kiss her in front of people?! :lol:

and that is some washing powder -- how do eun soo's clothes manage to stay white even after traveling through the forest? :lol:

Happy Wash Hands GIF by The Wiggles

• LOL 2

Finally, I have finished catching up lovely people. I loved all your takes on these episodes.

I felt respect for the King the first time in Ep 5 where he tries not to let Ki Chul trample him when he walks on to the throne, even though I think he is trembling inside. He is quite the politician - in a good way because it needs to be done. He is a good king - kind too, but trusting anyone wouldn't be easy given the circumstances he grew up and the current position of Goryeo and the fate of past kings. 

But I was seriously impressed by the growth in him by the end of ep 8 when he disrobes the Yuan clothes and puts on Goryeo ones. I am glad that the King and Queen are getting into a good relationship and she supports him wholeheartedly. Ep 7 & 8 are when things actually start to move in the story, it had so much pain and grief but also the beginnings of life in CY, the bromance between him and the King and the growing love between CY and ES, in spite of everything.

CY and his men walking in to the court room with that BG music was just so damn hot. CY cleans up pretty good.

giphy.gif

@msdot I finished your recap/adaptation. It was just wonderful. When I first watched Faith, it left me a little empty, so went on a search for more of it. I was thrilled to find out that the writer had novel version of it only to be hugely disappointed that SYN did not finish her novel version. But yours has filled up that aching gap. It must have been hard work though, I appreciate it a lot. 

Read the spoiler only if you are the person who likes to read the last chapter of a book first and completely ruin all the elements of surprise. 

Spoiler

@msdot I particularly enjoyed your additions to the novel, esp their physical intimacy. You have captured exactly  how CY would kiss. And their love making was so believable, not at all forced, it just fit in at the right time and place. The aura was a really nice touch. I am enchanted by it now. Kind of replaying it my mind for the last two days hehehe.. Finally, a big thanks for the shopping scene, I thought they missed out in the original drama by not including it. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/8/2020 at 11:54 PM, msdot said:

Thoughts on Episode 7

Again my apologies for the length. There’s a lot that happens in this episode, with several touching scenes between our Imja couple, Choi Young and one of his Woodachi,  Young and the boy prince, and the King and Queen. As usual, Young and Eun-soo are coming at things from entirely different perspectives, and their interactions variously bring them a little closer, show affectionate teasing, or push them apart.

The first is at the cabin in the woods, when Choi Young rejoins Eun-soo and the young prince after holding off Ki Chul’s men. When she sees Young’s blood-streaked face, she’s first concerned that he’s hurt. But when he replies that it’s not his blood, she turns cold, repulsed by the realization that he’s likely just killed several people. Exhausted and vulnerable, he’s surprised by her harshness. Too tired to argue or point out the unfairness of her reaction, he effectively banishes himself to the other side of the room, and leans against a post all night, keeping an ear out for pursuers. 

When Eun-soo awakens the next morning, she realizes all that he did and is still doing to protect them. She goes to him, but understandably piqued at her and taken aback by her sudden closeness, he moves away. She follows him, sitting so close to him that they touch, no doubt a big no-no for an uncommitted man and woman in that culture. He coolly asks what she thinks she’s doing and scoffs when she tells him to rest on her shoulder, implying that men don’t lean on women. Bless her heart, she comes right back with how that’s nonsense; what matters is who is most tired. He’s too macho to admit that she’s right, but his head soon falls on her shoulder as he appears to have finally been able to let himself sleep. She quietly checks his pulse and temperature and then wrinkles her nose in his direction, muttering, “The smell of blood.” But she stays there, a tacit admission that she’s willing to tolerate it (and tolerate who he is as a warrior). And when his eyes open slightly at her words and then close again, we understand that his head didn’t just fall on her shoulder, he chose to accept that comfort from her.

The two of them sometimes remind me of porcupines gingerly trying to get close. They slowly and sometimes haltingly grow to care deeply for the other one, stretching themselves to grow beyond their customs and hang-ups. For me their stay at the cabin was sweet and touching. Song Ji-na is just awesome as a screenwriter, repeatedly embedding this complex process in relatively simple scenes.

Other charming scenes include the time Eun-soo sings a hilariously off-key song to the prince to distract him from his pain, and when Eun-soo offers Young a small flower, teasingly putting it over his ear and then laughing uproariously. She keeps intruding on him, keeping him a little off balance and helping him wake up from his stoic indifference.

Ju-seok, the long-haired Woodalchi sent to find Young, receives a benediction of sorts from him. Young gives him a message for the King and grasps Ju-seok’s shoulder as he adds that, if the King kills him after delivering the message, he’s sorry. There was something about that interaction that was a bit shocking to me. I think it’s the way Young matter-of-factly acknowledges how easily death can come from a King; yet he is still confident that Ju-seok will carry out his order. Talk about shared honor, loyalty and duty!

The King’s attitude shows signs of softening toward his Queen when he finally begins to get it that she’s not into Choi Young; she only thinks that the King needs his Woodalchi Commander more than he needs her. Unfortunately they’re interrupted during this tentative rapprochement by the histrionics of Il-shin & Co., telling the King that Choi Young has betrayed him. 

The most heartrending scene in the entire series made me gasp out loud. The young prince has taken poison in order to save Young and is suffering horribly with no hope of recovery. There’s such a tender moment between the prince and Young, the one asking about heaven and the other telling him about how bright it is there and how he won’t lose his way. Then Young, with the prince’s permission, gives him the warrior’s mercy, a quick death with a knife to the heart. 

Reveal hidden contents

Young is heartbroken, but being the elite warrior he is, he recognizes that he’ll have to mourn later; he and Eun-soo must try to escape. He wipes his own tears away as Eun-soo returns, so she doesn’t see his pain. She’s stunned that he has killed the prince and mistakes his soldierly demeanor for callousness. He tries to hold her there, but she tears herself away and runs out the door. The look on his face is so hurt that I wanted to cry as much for him as for the prince.

At the very end of the episode, there’s a fine bit of nonverbal acting by LMH. When Hwa-su-in threatens Eun-soo, Young drops his sword and is forced to his knees. He bends his head down, acknowledging defeat. Then he looks up toward Eun-soo, making sure she’s OK and hoping for some sign from her. But she’s still in shock about what happened to the prince and turns away with tears in her eyes. Young looks down again, realizing he’s all alone in this. Then his face slowly gives way to an ironic smile, understanding how neatly he’s been trapped by Ki Chul.  

Reveal hidden contents

[I don't know how to do those lovely gifs, but if anyone has a clip of this little bit, please post. Thanks!]

Love your review/comment of Episode 7.  It was beautiful

Episode 7 is my favorite.  His lovely smile as ES sings in that high falsetto.  His falling asleep on her shoulder.  She puts a flower in his hair and his look when she does that.  He stares down at the fallen flower, and we find out later that he picks it up and keeps it in his aspirin container.  Probably the only present he ever received. He secretly treasures it.

The urgency he felt and utter devastation that ES could do nothing to save the young prince, the pain he felt at the prince's suffering. The tenderness when he asked the prince permission to end his suffering and the utter pain he felt having to knife the prince.  LMH aced it.

That he begged ES to stay with him, to understand his plea and his unspoken pain at killing the prince. Her rejection.  No one could make him kneel to Ki Chul except ES.  To save her,  he surrendered. Gave up and when she refused to look at him, his shoulders slumped and he gave a bitter and beaten smile.  

Episode 8, loved the king reaching out to CY as a friend, CY leaving his jail cell in his gorgeous cape to visit the king. His looking at the dried flower that ES gave him. His anger at Ki Chul, and the final scene where they came out in full glory to cascading music.  Just awesome.  Credit @msdot, @syntyche @Thong Thin for their comments as well.

On 9/11/2020 at 8:13 PM, CarolynH said:

May I be so bold to suggest that this thread should participate in the thread spotlight?  There's a reason it's 4552 pages and counting.  

Yes, I second it.  Faith has the largest thread in Soompi's history and that it is still going on strong today is a testament to its longevity.  I also have to say LMH is exceedingly handsome in Faith.

141FAB425044C74332B809

Love this smile.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

15 hours ago, Min2206 said:

@syntyche  I wanted to copy paste the Epi 7 BTS here but youtube does not allow it , so the above was from  some bits from here, along with other scenes.   Do you have any BTS on previous Epi?  I know you posted a few.  Thank you

Hi @Min2206. I watch the BTS on Faith on this YT account. Unfortunately, the user's videos can't be embedded here. But they've got really nice clips from the dvd release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjYtXdajFgU

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQd9UmtPGxypm0lVpq6hfdg/videos

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, syntyche said:

Hi @Min2206. I watch the BTS on Faith on this YT account. Unfortunately, the user's videos can't be embedded here. But they've got really nice clips from the dvd release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjYtXdajFgU

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQd9UmtPGxypm0lVpq6hfdg/videos

@mademoisellesia Is it possible for you to save all the DVD BTS links from Japan about Faith on the First Page of this thread so it will be easier to find it when I want to watch it later.  Thank you.

• Like 3

finally got around to finishing ep 8 though am a bit late. so are you ready for 9 and 10?

like others have mentioned - @Aleumdaun @Thong Thin @syntyche @msdot ... , it was good to finally see some growth in the king. instead of letting others bulldoze him, he is asserting himself and gaining some authority. it is interesting that he feels the pressure to impress daejang -- to be a king worthy of his guard rather than the other way around. so he recognizes daejang is far better man and leader than he is... and it is interesting to see the conversations between daejang and king because daejang does not impose his will unlike the other court officials. neither does he give advice immediately. instead he asks questions and forces the king to think out his own solution -- something that works for the king...

On 9/14/2020 at 11:07 AM, Thong Thin said:

However, KC has higher aspirations, he thinks that travel to the future is possible for himself by showing his set of Hwata's instruments  to ES.   He was intently gauging her reaction.  As if a certain reaction from her would give him the answer to some secret that he knows.

that makes sense; was wondering why he is trying to play hooky with eun seon. it is kind of funny that in this drama, eun seon not only gets romanced by the hero (daejang) but also the villain! hahahha... and it is funny because we often see her carry the hand bag everywhere and I guess as a modern woman, she thinks it might be good weapon perhaps? ^_^

17 hours ago, H0ney said:

A modern world woman being trapped in an ancient traditional world, if I was ES I will be going crazy. But ES is amazing because of between those frustrating and dangerous situations,

yea, some episodes I don't quite like her and find her a rather weak female lead but this was one episode where you see she is able to handle herself and try to maneuver using her wits. she has no idea why ki cheol wants her heart but instead of quivering with fear, she is able to have a drink, a date..

and my fav -- doctor jang -- he is so awesome! love how he rides rank, gets into the king's chambers, gets a poison to knock people off for a few hours.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 3