Ep 7 - Part II

jAEPeL_bEeQ7VKIbu6tjuYAZA6t5SxYocvUwcyvI

cr as tagged

When Choi Young pulled Eun Soo towards him and asked her to stay , I really didn't expect him to come this far . He killed me when he beg her like that, and I must say I'm loving this turn of event now. The look in his eyes when she called him “dirty” and started to lose trust in him was really heart breaking.

Choi Young's showing Eun Soo that beneath the mask of a cold blooded warrior that he's constantly wearing, he is still a person who also feels pain, sadness and has the need to rely on someone. He's not the kind of person who wears his emotions on his sleeve, but this time he allowed himself to reveal his emotions and one of his fragile moments to Eun Soo.

Choi Young has been so calm with her and covering his inner feeling, and Eun Soo's impression on him now changed or mixed .  Only to be rejected by Eun Soo because the trust and confident feeling she's always had in him is now shaken.

Mighty hot Choi Young !

1624043350475EC2264C3C

cr as tagged

When Choi Young dropped his sword and kneel down to protect Eun Soo as fire girl threatened...my heart shattered when Eun Soo turned her head around with teary eyes as Choi Young looked at her.

bvS-F-zB_sFP62e_4RE1L760Vr7b7dg_nIyMJ3_B

** The End ** 

Edited by Thong Thin
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

2 hours ago, msdot said:

The first is at the cabin in the woods, when Choi Young rejoins Eun-soo and the young prince after holding off Ki Chul’s men. When she sees Young’s blood-streaked face, she’s first concerned that he’s hurt. But when he replies that it’s not his blood, she turns cold, repulsed by the realization that he’s likely just killed several people.

When ES tells him to clean off the blood off himself, I like how he looks at her and then suddenly there's a flash of lightning, which just seems like it is highlighting her beauty, and he just looks at her as if he's seeing her for the first time and realising how beautiful she is.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, msdot said:

Thanks, @Thong Thin, for the great gifs from this episode! I also liked your description of their growing relationship.

And thank you for the kind words and gifs also, @Min2206!

You are welcome, however excuse me on my poor vocabulary, I am not good in expressing. 

I have not read and analyze your thoughts yet but I can count on you. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, Thong Thin said:

You are welcome, however excuse me on my poor vocabulary, I am not good in expressing. 

I have not read and analyze your thoughts yet but I can count on you. 

Please don't apologize @Thong Thin  Your English is good - simple and easy to follow - brings warmth to the hearts , just like @msdot (msdot version is more flowery).   I feel so handicapped not able to express myself but am so happy that I could follow you guys.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Can’t blame Daejang for being confused on ES feelings on him.   Why was she so cold and suddenly so warm the next?   The bewildered look on his face.  Am so glad that she was not bothered or troubled by his killing, blood and all , and came to him.  Also she did not give up and persisted in offering her shoulder for him to get the much needed rest.  She cares.

giphy.gif

I will protect you from now on ...     I like this!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

@msdot @Thong Thin Thank you for your wonderful insights. I am still on Ep 5, catching up but always love reading your takes on it.  

@Lmangla I understand where you come from regarding ES. But in her defense, I would say that she is annoyingly talkative because she is nervous. I have caught myself doing that too when I am not sure how to handle a situation. She keeps talking as a way to block herself from thinking too much about what exactly is happening to and around her, because it is something she cannot fathom yet.

But when she is in Doc mode, she knows exactly what to do, so she just slides into that. Hope it makes sense. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 2

@msdot Thank you again for writing the beautiful recap/adaptation. I have been enjoying it very much. Even though I am still on ep 5 for the rewatch, I am now on chapt 33 of your book. The silhouette scene - you had just captured the beauty and sadness of it so well. The knife practice scene - I hadn’t really noticed CY ‘feeling’ her when she has her back to him..just saw that scene and realized that I had missed an important moment. It’s subtle but LMH has just lived that role, hasn’t he? Thanks for putting it in words all those emotions.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, kdyes said:

@msdot where can I find the adaptation @Aleumdaun is talking about?  She's in chapter 33 so it must be full if goodies. I'd love to read it! Thanks!

Thanks for asking, @kdyes! Here is the link:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/25290487/chapters/61317304

The link is also posted on the first page of this thread, courtesy of @mademoisellesia. Each  of the 24 episodes of Faith is divided into two chapters, so there are 48 chapters in all. I hope you enjoy reading it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, msdot said:

Thanks for asking, @kdyes! Here is the link:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/25290487/chapters/61317304

The link is also posted on the first page of this thread, courtesy of @mademoisellesia. Each  of the 24 episodes of Faith is divided into two chapters, so there are 48 chapters in all. I hope you enjoy reading it!

I sure enjoyed reading it @msdot  -- still reading intermittently :)

Spoiler

But for that afternoon they sat under the tree, sharing stories of their time apart and sometimes sitting in silence, simply enjoying the presence of the other. There were more tears as well as laughter. At last, as the afternoon began to soften into evening, they returned to the inn to share their joy with their dear comrades, the Woodalchi.
cr @msdot - "Faith" Recap/Adaptation

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, H0ney said:

- I love the last part of this drama when CY's hugging ES. Was that a hug? or was it CY's way to stop ES from run? but why must a hug? hahaha he can just hold her hand. why a hug? it's too romantic :heart:

@Min2206 please post the gif for this scene :love:

I was so dugun dugun 8 years ago because finally CY initiates a hug hahahaaaaa.. 

- If only CY following ES offer to go the modern world  this drama would not last 24 eps if so then..

giphy.gif
this one?   @H0ney

ES was shocked and angry to find the young King died in Daejang's hand.  It must be really hurting for him.  His eyes and dejected expression said it all - great acting LMH-ssi! 

giphy.gif

@H0ney  agree with you .. hehe!  If Daejang follows ES to "heaven" , we would have more than 24 episodes...  @msdot would have to write more.  It will be interestingly funny, but GC will have to follow along.  :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, H0ney said:

- my mom incidentally watch this ep with me because I was wacthing this while having lunch, and mom laughing out loud when the flute guy closes HSI mouth with a handkerchief when she talks to GS hahaha. I think we need a gif for this scene too @Min2206 

The white-haired guy Eum Ja likes this lady HSI, right?

the longer version for you @H0ney - sadly no sound.  I wonder there is  an edit on this part in YT

GC has to come along, else no fun .. hahaha!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

A few quick thoughts on episodes 7-8, many of them jotted down late at night on my phone so forgive the rambling nature: 

-When Eun-soo encouraged him to sleep on her shoulder and at first he was like "um" but as she kept talking his head slowly drifted over... so cute 

-A big strong stoic warrior with a flower in his hair? I love it. All sageuks need this

-I love how Choi Young is serious but not either emotionless or a jerk, some writers can't manage to separate those traits but I love male leads who are perfectly decent people just more somber. I love his big dark eyes 

-That poor little boy, and how Choi Young ended his suffering was so heartbreaking :tears: But I hated how disgusted and shocked Eun-soo reacted. I mean, I'm a modern woman too, and I probably would've thought the same thing Choi Young did, that he's dying anyway so at least make it quick 

-yasssss king looks bomb in his new robes 

• Love 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Thoughts on Episode 8

Choi Young wakes up! In previous episodes we’ve seen a few signs of him deciding to live a fuller life, finally going beyond the pain of his personal tragedies to truly engage with others. The King, Ki Chul and Eun-soo have each been instrumental in this. The King has sincerely asked him to be a friend, a comrade, to help him rule a destitute country riven by competing factions. When he comes to the prison to interview Young, it’s so touching how the King slides his hand over the iron cuffs on Young’s wrist and grasps his forearm in firm friendship, asking him to teach him how to fight.

hvMGevS.jpg

From the opposite side there’s Ki Chul, responsible for the young prince’s suffering and death. When Ki Chul also comes to find Young in his prison cell, Young’s quiet voice belies the cold anger he feels for the other man and his rage at how casually Ki Chul speaks of the young prince’s death. And he warns Ki Chul that he has decided to wake up and live. I think Ki Chul has no idea what that will mean. I hope he at least felt at least a slight chill come over him at Young’s words. I wouldn’t want Young looking at me like that!

7xSc1ZT.jpg

Finally there’s our dear Eun-soo, who Young has been attracted to ever since he saw her at the  medical conference in Seoul. He often doesn’t show it with all he has to deal with, and duty has always come first for him. But their long stare  at each other when he’s in the cage and she’s mounting a horse says it all. 

Spoiler

buMQL7J.jpg

HjfbdcC.jpg%C2%A0

And then there’s that exquisitely sweet scene of him taking out the flower she gave him while he’s in prison. Unbeknownst to us and Eun-soo, he picked up the flower that he refused to take from her and made it a precious keepsake. That’s Young in a nutshell, his emotions kept so close to his chest that most of the time we only see them in his eyes. But those feelings are quite real and deep. Eun-soo has kept him a little off balance all the time she’s with him: intruding, questioning, demanding, caring, following, and even running away from him. She’s essentially pulling and pushing him into living, and he wants to live, more and more.

Spoiler

yPPJiz9.jpg

Lastly, once Young has sprung himself from prison, he tells the King that he doesn’t need to fight; he needs to have, and first, he should have Young. He will do the fighting. What a nice little turn of phrase! And the King responds by doing his own frontal breakthough with the symbolic change of clothing and the freeing of the Woodalchi and Young. It’s a very satisfying ending to this first part of the series!

Spoiler

TICf8p0.jpg

M6Bd3P2.jpg

7OXUMhp.jpg

• Awesome 5
  • Where's My Oppa? 1