Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

Lee Jong Suk reveals heart-fluttering new profile photos

1658372166-20220720-leejongsuk.jpg

Actor Lee Jong Suk has revealed heart-fluttering new profile photos, making fans swoon.

On July 21, Lee Jong Suk shared his new profile photos as well as an interview on what he's been up to lately with HiSTORY D&C

In his interview, Lee Jong Suk demonstrated his affection for his work by stating, "Yesterday, I finished watching 'My Liberation Diary'. You know that feeling when you have a drama that you're into. Just having that one drama to look forward to keeps you going through the week. But I was at a point yesterday where I was feeling sad because the drama I was so into had ended."

He also added on, "I watch a lot of dramas. When new dramas air, I usually try to watch the first one or two episodes of as many of them as I can. I probably watch most dramas that air. After I watch the first few episodes, I decide if I want to continue watching it or not. Just having one or two dramas that I am keeping up with makes my week a happy one." 

Meanwhile, Lee Jong Suk is expected to star in MBC's new Fri-Sat drama 'Big Mouth', premiering later this month on July 29.

1658372185-pa1935-1-scaled.jpg

1658372229-pb0196-1-scaled.jpg

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/07/lee-jong-suk-reveals-heart-fluttering-new-profile-photos

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

[LJS FASHION]

1. BIG MOUTH

SNAPPY CUDDLE Pajama   
Cr: Wconcept Korea via https://twitter.com/kdrama__fashion/status/1551240206887821312

Spoiler

2. HiSTORY D&C profile photoshoot 

PRADA FW22Collection

Via: https://twitter.com/moko_017/status/1551194881489391616Image

DOLCE & GABBANA

Stretch wool Portofino-fit jacket / pants

LEMAIRE

THE YOAKUM SHORT SLEEVE SHIRT

Via: https://twitter.com/moko_017/status/1551101549740404737

d8f3c63a2e16059cf5ac5634199c79b0.gif

• Like 5

The number of people who click on the "want to see" #BigMouth tab on DouBan (China's largest TV drama rating website) reached 10000.
Chinese fans are also looking forward to this drama.

https://twitter.com/JongsukCN/status/1551066553134682112

Photo courtesy of MBC 'Big Mouse'

'Big Mouse' Lee Jong-Suk - Lim Yoon-ah - Kim Joo-heon - Ok Ja-yeon - Yang Kyung-won - Special appearance Kwak Dong-yeon, exploring the Gucheon-si region where the desperate war will begin.

Full article:  https://topstarnews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=14708306&utm

and the same  http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/354288

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, partyon said:

SPOTLIGHT: Lee Jong Suk 이종석

Born: Sept 14, 1989, on Chuseok day (largest holiday in Korea) in Yongin
Family: One younger brother, one younger sister. Parents run a pension.
Nicknames: Ddochi (Korean, after the character; he can make his lips look like a duck face) and Sukkie (international fans)

How he started acting: a car accident in 8th grade left him recovering from a knee injury. During this time he watched many dramas, and decided he wanted to become an actor. First, though, he was picked up as a model, and in 2005 was the youngest male model to walk the runway at Paris Fashion Week. Then an agency trained him for a rap group (which never debuted). Finally he started getting roles.

Dramas/movies: Whether you've seen him in as MC in music program Inkigayo or a music video, he's mostly known for his dramas and movies. He has numerous hit dramas under his belt, like I Hear Your Voice, Pinocchio, Dr. Stranger and W - to name a few.
He has also been in numerous films, such as No Breathing, Hot Young Bloods, and VIP (in which he transformed from a normally loveable character to a terrifying villain). He has been hard at work since he finished military service in January 2021, shooting two films Witch 2 and Decibel (not yet released) as well as the upcoming drama Big Mouth.

Full list of dramas, movies and awards:

Reveal hidden contents

DRAMAS
2010 - SBS <Prosecutor Princess> as Lee Woo Hyun
2010 - SBS <Secret Garden> as Han Tae Sun
2011 - MBC <High Kick! Revenge of the Short Legged> as Ahn Jong Suk
2012 - KBS2 <Drama Special, When I was the Prettiest> as Yoon Jung Hyuk
2012 - KBS2 <School 2013> as Go Nam Soon
2013 - SBS <I Hear Your Voice> as Park Soo Ha
2014 - SBS <Dr. Stranger> as Park Hoon
2014-2015 - SBS <Pinocchio> as Choi Dal-po/Ki Ha Myung      
2016 - Web Series <Gogh, The Starry Night>  (Cameo Role)
2016 - Web Series <7 First Kisses> (himself)
2016 - MBC - < W: Two Worlds Apart > as Kang Chul   
2016 - Zhejiang Anhui TV (Korean-Chinese Production) < Emerald Jade Lover > Bai Lou Han
2016 - MBC < Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo > as Lee Jong Suk (himself) (Cameo role)
2017 -  SBS - <While You Were Sleeping>  as Jung Jae Chan
2018 -  SBS -<Praise of Death/Hymn of Death> as Kim Woo Jin
2018 -  SBS - <Romance is a Bonus Book> as Cha Eun Ho  

MOVIES
2005 - <Sympathy> as Lee Han Sol
2010 - <Ghost/Be with Me (Segment Tarot 3: The Unseen)> as Baek Hyun Wook
2012 - <Korea: As One> as Choi Kyung Sub
2012 - <R2B: Return to Base> as Ji Suk Hyun
2013 - <Physiognomy/The Face Reader> as Jin Hyung
2013 - <No Breathing> as Woo Sang
2014 - <Blood Boiling Youth/Hot Blooded Youth> as Joong Gil
2017 - <V.I.P.> as Kim Gwang Il
2022 - <The Witch: Part 2. The Other one> as special appearance

AWARDS
2017 SBS Drama Awards (While You Were Sleeping): Best Actor and Best Couple Award (with Bae Suzy)
2017 MBC Drama Awards (W: Two Worlds): Daesang, Best Actor, and Best Couple Award (with Han Hyo Joo)
2015 Korean Drama Awards (Pinocchio): Best Actor
2015 Baeksang Arts Award (Pinocchio): Most Popular Actor
2014 SBS Drama Awards (Pinocchio): SBS Special Award, Ten Star Award, Best Couple Award (with Park Shin Hye)
2013 SBS Drama Awards (I Hear Your Voice): Excellent Actor Award, Ten Star Award
2012 KBS Drama Awards (School 2013): Best New Actor

Military service: He did his military service 2019-2021, by doing public service in a welfare office, due to a knee injury. He was interested in getting certified in welfare, as there is great demand and resources are limited. But he didn’t have time to get in the practical hours while acting.

Fun facts:

• Since School 2013 Lee Jong Suk has enjoyed the works of the poet Na Tae Joo. In 2018 he even collaborated with the poet on a book Everything is Because of You, which includes a short video in which he dramatizes and narrates some of Na Tae Joo’s poetry. 
  • He also fulfilled a lifelong dream of opening a café, Café 89 Mansion, which was full of art and poetry and interesting food. Unfortunately it closed during the pandemic.
  • He is known for being loyal. He's close with actor Kim Woo Bin, designer Ko Tae Yong, actor Jung Hae In, actress Lee Bo Young and actor Yoon Sang Hyun. When he was at the 2017 SBS awards, Lee Bo Young was one of the announcers. She is like a true older sister to him, in all the good (and snarky) senses of the word! She had a fun time roasting him up there, saying she knew things about him no one else knew and that she could easily spill something and make him red as a tomato. Lol. He was sweating.
  • Sports: Taekwondo growing up (which he did not love), and more recently, fencing (which he did love). But fencing gives him knee issues, so he is on the hunt for a new sport.
  • Even though Lee Jong Suk has never had a public relationship, he brings up marriage in more interviews than anyone. He seems to have thought a lot about what kind of qualities he is looking for and also what kind of person he would like to be in a relationship. His fans will cheer him if he decides to reveal who he is dating.
  • He has two cute dogs, Saja (Lion) and Dolmengi (Stoney).
  • He tends to bite (!) co-stars when he feels comfortable around them. Yes, you read that right! Haha :D

Why his fans love him:
1) His awesome acting! :heart:
2) His lack of ego. Co-stars are impressed that he often asks for their advice. He promotes others heavily over himself. And he is always trying to learn.
3) His eternal playfulness. His grandma says “he has Peter Pan sewn inside him.”
4) His honesty over his fear of public speaking. It’s inspiring to see someone that shy nevertheless stick with ACTING and all the public speaking that goes with it.
5) His great chemistry with every co-star.

Big Mouth:
Finally, Lee Jong Suk is known for picking excellent projects, so excitement is high for Big Mouth!
SYNOPSIS

Lee Jong Suk plays lawyer Park Chang Ho with a measly 10% winning rate. He gets involved in a murder case and is fingered as genius swindler Big Mouse, which causes a life threatening situation. His wife Go Mi Ho (played by Yoona) attempts to help him clear his name.

Big Mouth is premiering this Friday 29th of July on MBC! Make sure to tune in!

Poll: We have put together a small poll. Feel free to vote and/or leave a comment on this thread.

Contributors: A huge thank you to @frozentundra @ibru @Rania Zeid @hilllllllly for their insight and help! :glee:

If you're interested in our older spotlights you can find them here:

All gif and image credits go their owners

If you would like for your favorite actor/actress/drama/ship to appear in a spotlight, feel free to contact your Event Organizers.

:heart4:

@partyon @confusedheart @Sleepy Owl @agenth

10 Things You Didn't Know About Lee Jong Suk (이종석) | Star Fun Facts

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote GIFs! Thanks!
  • Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Blob 2

Hey Lee Jong Suk lovers!

Wow, I read the spotlight and I've got to know some never known facts about him! :scream: Great job by @partyon and other chingus here! I've only watched few dramas of him but still I voted for the poll and will definitely watch Big Mouth on July 29. It sounds like my cup of tea. :lol:

And congratulations @hilllllllly for taking over the handsome man's thread. The thread title looks beautiful. Make sure to change the thread title to Current Drama : Big Mouth.... on July 29 when the drama is finally on air. :innocent:

Okay then ladies, have fun! :heart:

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

'Big Mouth' Lee Jong Suk and Lim Yoon-ah:
"I'll show you the real despair"
'Big Mouse' Lee Jong-seok and Lim Yoon-ah "I'll show you the real despair"

MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama 'Big Mouth' (creators Jang Young-cheol and Jung Kyung-soon, scripted by Kim Ha-ram, directed by Oh Choong-hwan, produced by A-Story, Studio Dragon, and A-man Project), which will be aired for the first time on the 29th (Fri), is a livelihood lawyer with a win rate of 10% accidentally. It depicts the story of a person who gets caught up in a murder case and discovers the true face of a privileged class that is stained with a huge conspiracy to survive and protect their family by becoming a rare genius con artist 'Big Mouse' overnight.

Full article: https://program.imbc.com/Enews/Detail/BIGMOUTH?idx=355014

[ENG SUB] Lee Jong-Suk X Lim Yoon-ah's bloody warning!

"Because I will show you what real despair is"|7/29 (Fri) first broadcast, MBC 

Original video: https://tv.naver.com/v/27620730/list/795552

• Like 8
  • Blob 4

It was an interesting spotlight on Lee Jong Suk! I have been watching his dramas for sometime now. I usually find myself watching his new dramas since he usually picks interesting scripts in my opinion. He is surely a great actor as well. 

I definitely look forward to his "Big Mouth", the plot is interesting, and the trailers were very good for this :piggydance:

I had more than 3 dramas to choose in the poll, but I went for: 

• I Can Hear Your Voice - Have re-watched it 2 times. 
  • Dr. Stranger - One of my first medical kdramas, and enjoyed it a lot. I did re-watch it once a few years ago. 
  • Pinocchio - I guess this could be my most favorite drama of his. The drama was well written, well executed and had some good twists. This one too I have re-watched 2 times, and I'll most probably watch it once again very soon :eats:

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Blob 3

[RANK] 22.07.25

2nd Week of July 2022 (7/11 - 7/17) 

MBC Big Mouth is ranking on #12 place in Content Power Index (CPI) with 198.7 points.

The CPI index is an index that utilizes the online reactions of broadcast program consumers, and measures the number of posts, comments, and video views.

1eb709bc03c0564a9b843eb71c55b64d.jpg

https://www.topstarnews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=14710853

[2022.07.25 NaverTV/Knetz]

Big Mouth’s 4th teaser “I’ll show you clearly what the real despair is”

The video is currently trending #3 on Naver TV TOP 100 & gaining views steadily

https://tv.naver.com/v/28120024/list/795552

Via: https://twitter.com/ordinarynojaem/status/1551526889260429317

• Like 5
  • Blob 4

Song Joong Ki, Lee Jong Suk, More Heartthrobs to Lead K-dramas in Second Half of 2022

The second half of 2022 is set to deliver a round of interesting K-dramas featuring beloved South Korean heartthrobs-from Lee Jong Suk to Song Koong Ki's return to the small screen. Apart from a slew of A-listers, the upcoming K-dramas showcase various genres, giving viewers many options. Here are the five new K-dramas set to be released in the second half of 2022, featuring Hallyu's A-listers and heartthrobs.

Lee Jong Suk (Big Mouth)

036f79dcf26d8f371881ee1ce9564f9d.jpg

The 32-year-old K-drama cutie will be returning to the small screen with his upcoming series "Big Mouth."

After his 2019 rom-com "Romance Is a Bonus Book," viewers will see him teamed up with Girls' Generation's YoonA as they portray a married couple.

Lee Jong Suk transformed into a third-rate lawyer Park Chang Ho with a low success rate.

Due to an unexpected incident, he gets involved in a murder case, turning him overnight into a genius con artist whom they call "Big Mouse."

Lee Jong Suk's new movie "Big Mouth" will premiere on July 29 at 9:50 p.m. KST via MBC.

Full article: 

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/125975/20220725/song-joong-ki-lee-jong-suk-more-heartthrobs-lead-k.htm

Big Mouth - Final Update | Lee Jong Suk , YoonA | MBC Drama

“Two faces of Lee Jong Suk, very impactful,” “Big Mouth” released its character teaser 

Actor Lee Jong Suk  heralded a strong transformation in his acting.

MBC-TV’s new Friday-Saturday drama “Big Mouth” just released a character teaser video and poster on July 6th. 

The two faces of Park Chang-ho are drawing attention.

The video sheds light on the turbulent daily life of “Big Mouth” Park Chang-ho, a lawyer who is struggling to make ends meet. When he was scolded by his wife or suffered from his clients, he makes the audience laugh.

But the atmosphere is instantly reversed. Park Chang-ho is then surrounded by inmates, signaling an unusual situation.

His change was also eye-catching. He swore to pay back the debt to those who threatened him, creating a thrilling plot line for the story. His strong look caught the audience’s eye.

Spoiler

8e2e6492ad32adc00e892f63845e220e.gif

@ibru

“Big Mouth” is a story about a lawyer, who is struggling, accidentally getting involved in a murder case. He becomes the “Big Mouse,” a genius con artist, and digs into the bare faces of the privileged. 

Park Chang-ho, played by Lee Jong Suk, is a lawyer with a winning rate of 10%. He is called “Big Mouth” because of his personality, which tends to speak first before doing anything. One day, he is blamed to be the genius con artist “Big Mouse” and is threatened with his life.

Meanwhile, “Big Mouth” will take over the timeslot after “Doctor Lawyer” ends. It will premiere at 9:50 p.m. on July 29th.

https://kbizoom.com/two-faces-of-lee-jong-seok-very-impactful-big-mouth-released-its-character-teaser/

Edited by ibru
add image
  • Like 8
  • Blob 1

Lee Jong Suk is such a cutie!:biubiu:

I loved him in W and Pinocchio , the latter being definitely one of his best works. :issohappy:

I often re-watch these two dramas. And I am extremely excited about his latest drama. It seems very interesting. Can't wait to catch the first episode. 

happy family time GIF

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Lee Jong Suk's best characters that made their mark in his K-Dramas

Lee Jong Suk has appeared in a lot of Korean dramas with amazing characters, which ones are the best?

Image from Leinad Chino

By  Leinad Chino
 MAY 06, 2022, 17:45 HS

Lee Jong Suk's career in acting is quite long and he has had very endearing characters, these are some of whom we will never forget for being the best.

In 2010 Lee Jong Suk debuted as an actor in the drama 'Prosecutor Princess', since then he has kept working on more projects and productions thus conquering the public who quickly became a fan of this talented man when he is in front of the cameras.

A lot of the K-Dramas that Jong Suk has acted in have become popular favorites. Many fans still don't forget series like 'School 2013' or 'Doctor Stranger' that became iconic thanks to the excellent work of Lee Jong Suk for the interpretation of his characters.

And it is that with each new role, Lee Jong Suk presented a new facet in acting and the spotlight could not be separated from him by having such exceptional works. His popularity has spread all over the world and fans from outside of Korea continue to support the career of this magnificent Korean actor.

Do you already have your favorite Lee Jong Suk character? Here we tell you which ones are the best for us and in which drama they appeared, they left their mark on the actor's career.

Lee Jong Suk's top 7 characters in K-Dramas

1. Park Soo Ha

In 'I Can Hear Your Voice', Lee Jong Suk played the character Park Soo Ha, we love the look of this character, but also the magical way in which he used his supernatural power.

lee-jong-suk-characters-park-soo-ha.jpg_206787170.jpg Lee Jong Suk as Park Soo Ha | Twitter: @LeeJongSukWorld

2. Park Hoon

Park Hoon was the character that Lee Jong Suk played in 'Doctor Stranger', this is a great K-Drama about a talented surgeon whose abilities are used by North Korea, but he might escape soon.

Spoiler

lee-jong-suk-characters-park-hoon.jpg_186469708.jpg

Lee Jong Suk's Park Hoon | Twitter: @iQIYIMalaysia

3. Choi Dal Po

'Pinocchio' is another drama starring Lee Jong Suk, in this he had the character of Choi Dal Po, another one that we cannot forget, because Jong Suk portrays very well the emotions of his role upon learning of his mother's abandonment.

Spoiler

lee-jong-suk-characters-choi-dal-po.jpg_1617166805.jpg

Lee Jong Suk in Pinocchio | Twitter: @daffodilBTS

4. Kang Chul

For the drama 'W' Lee Jong Suk acted as Kang Chul, his character was extremely important for the plot, as he is the main character in the cartoon of Oh Yeon Joo's missing father, and later she can find him when she travels to the reality that his father created.

lee-jong-suk-characters-kang-chul.jpg_1016386212.jpg Lee Jong Suk as Kang Chul | Twitter: @agustdidas

5. Jung Jae Chan

Jung Jae Chan is Lee Jong Suk's character in 'While You Were Sleeping', he falls in love with Nam Hong Joo who has the power to see people's deaths in his dreams, but he can't do anything to prevent them and soon Jae Chan will have a strong connection with her.

Spoiler

lee-jong-suk-characters-jung-jae-chan.jpg_1617166805.jpg

Lee Jung Suk's Jung Jae Chan | Twitter: @Winbun4

6. Kim Woo Jin

Lee Jong Suk's character Kim Woo Jin is just special as he is a part of the drama 'Hymn Of Death' which is based on true events. In it, the actor worked as a genius playwright who has a tragic romance with Korea's first soprano.

lee-jong-suk-characters-kim-woo-jin.jpg_1617166805.jpg Lee Jong Suk in Hymn Of Death | Twitter: @wooseoris

7. Cha Eun Ho

In 'Romance Is A Bonus Book' Lee Jong Suk is a writer named Cha Eun Ho and we just adore him, he helps Kang Dan-i showing the cutest of his heart, we can't help but love him.

Spoiler

lee-jong-suk-characters-cha-eun-ho.jpg_557888218.jpg

Lee Jong Suk in Romance Is A Bonus Book | Twitter: @LJS_society

What is your favorite Lee Jong Suk character? This actor is amazing and we can't help but admire all the facets of him in different dramas.

Keep reading more about your favorite Korean actors and K-Dramas, here we recommend some with love triangles for you.

https://yaay.today/Lee-Jong-Suks-best-characters-that-made-their-mark-in-his-K-Dramas-t202205060004.html

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1