Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

I actually have to admit that I am a real newbie when it comes to Lee Jong Suk.... :emmm:

scared spongebob squarepants GIF

I've only watched Secret Garden and the movie As One. He was wonderful in both, so not sure why I haven't watched any other dramas of his. :bawling:

I am now determined more than ever to watch Big Mouth ! Not just because of the synopsis, but because I happen to know that he is a very good actor by seeing him in the works above and by the good word put in by @Sleepy Owl and other chingus on this forum. And for me acting is key to enjoying a drama!

:wow1:

One thing that always struck me as surprising when I've seen Sukkie on screen, is how tall he looks. I learnt when reading up on him before this spotlight was put together that he is 186 cm, which makes him one of the taller actors out there currently. :glasses:

I am really hoping that Big Mouth will be a huge success!

Stephen Colbert Fingers Crossed GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

A hint to @kokodus @Lmangla : Big Mouth is NOT about dentists. Or oral cavities.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 2

Favorite LJS character for me is Kang Chul; I like how he took a bad situation, used his brains, and learned from it. Just because things went down the toilet the first time doesn't mean you can't change, get new goals, and find a happier life. I also find Park Soo Ha and Dal Po incredibly sympathetic. And also Go Nam Soon. (I wanted to reach through the screen and shake those teachers for not noticing this kid dissolving in front of them.) 

Favorite dramas are W, Pinocchio, and I Hear Your Voice. And I don't know where it ranks, but the best drama for when you're too stressed to think is High Kick 3. Hidden cameras in my house, overlaid with some humor and hysteria...

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

'Big Mouth' Lee Jong Suk and Lim Yoon Ah: "Teamwork? 10 out of 10"

Lee Jong Suk and Lim Yoon-Ah, who are facing a huge war to survive, confessed their strong teamwork.
a41f7370-2941-4762-93bf-196203dfd1d0.jpg

MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama 'Big Mouse', which will be broadcast for the first time on the 29th (Friday) (creators Jang Young-cheol and Jeong Kyung-soon, scripted by Kim Ha-ram, directed by Oh Chung-hwan, produced by A-Story, Studio Dragon, and A-Man Project), is a livelihood lawyer with a win rate of 10% accidentally It depicts the story of a person who gets caught up in a murder case and discovers the true face of a privileged class that is stained with a huge conspiracy to survive and protect their family by becoming a rare genius con artist 'Big Mouse' overnight.

In particular, Lee Jong Suk (Park Chang-ho) and Lim Yoon-ah (Go Mi-ho), who have irreplaceable charms, meet as an ordinary, small-citizen couple fighting to survive against the strong power in the play, and viewers' expectations are rising. Finally, with the start of the war approaching, the two actors raise interest by revealing their own reasons that cannot directly step down from this fight.

First, Lee Jong Suk, who plays the role of Park Chang-ho, who transforms from a lawyer with a win rate of 10% to 'Big Mouse', the king of the dark world, said that the driving force that moves the character is "family love". Lee Jong Suk said, “Family is the only driving force that allows Park Chang-ho to get through the difficult situation given to him. 

In the drama, Lim Yoon-ah, the wife of Park Chang-ho (Lee Jong Suk) and the most powerful Go Mi-ho, also found the reason for her involvement in the battle for her family. Lim Yoon-a described the Go Mi-ho character as, "When everyone doubts Park Chang-ho, he is the person who says, 'That person I know best'." She continued, “Every moment of joy and sorrow, the times we shared together. And the trust I built as the person I've seen closest to. Those emotions make the situation bearable and move Go Mi-ho,” she said.

As a couple who depended on each other like this, the two actors also evaluated the chemistry between Park Chang-ho and Go Mi-ho in the play as a perfect score of 10. Lee Jong Suk said, "We cannot be together because we are physically apart, but we plan to show a fantastic teamwork that suits each other even if we do not speak but understand each other's feelings being far from each other's sites." It made me look forward to this relationship".

In addition, Lim Yoon-a said, "Even though the distance is far, there seems to be a thrill when Park Chang-ho and Go Mi-ho cooperate with each other through perfect teamwork and finally solve the case. I hope that these feelings will be conveyed to the viewers as well,” she said, making people curious about the synergy of the two characters who go through hardships together".

In this way, 'Big Mouse' is going to blow a refreshing shot towards the ugly privileged class through the appearance of Park Chang-ho and Go Mi-ho, who struggle without letting go of each other's hands even in a raging storm. Therefore, we are looking forward to the first broadcast of 'Big Mouse', where a full-fledged battle will begin over, how the tight cooperation between the two people, led by trust and belief in each other, will break down the walls of the strong power class.

MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama 'Big Mouse' will be broadcasted for the first time at 9:50 pm on the 29th (Friday) following 'Doctor Royer'.

Google Translate

https://program.imbc.com/Enews/Detail/BIGMOUTH?idx=355162

Big Mouth  Press Conference 

Time: 2022.07.29 (Friday) at 11:00 AM KST
Channel: Naver TV, MBC homepage
Attendees: Lee Jong Suk, Lim Yoon Ah, Kim Ju Hun, Ok Ja Yeon, Yang Kyung Won and PD Oh Choong Hwan

https://twitter.com/mbcdrama_pre/status/1551734182854139904

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

I haven’t seen any of his shows, but I'd like to start when I can with his movies. He looks like that handsome, next door neighbour you're easily comfortable to be with. I certainly like his facial bone structure and clean, well-defined jaws, but he should ditch the fringe! :lol:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

9 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

but he should ditch the fringe!

Yes he should, but you can't convince a Korean man to ditch the bangs. They always go back to it. :weary:

I like the way ASTORY is uploading for the international audience, as well as captioning their posts in Korean, English, and Chinese. Very cool of them! I also found this caption to be interesting. The plotline is largely publicised as an innocent lawyer being falsely accused of being a genius conman, but this post is questioning which one he truly is. The latest teaser did the same thing. 

I think it's going to be difficult for them to promote this drama because what they say will either be a spoiler, or a lie. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, hilllllllly said:

Yes he should, but you can't convince a Korean man to ditch the bangs. They always go back to it. :weary:

Yeah, Korean men love their bangs :D

@MayanEcho Despite my love for Forehead Oppas, I actually think that bangs quite suit Lee Jong Suk ! He's one of the few that truly looks good in bangs. :wub: Just my opinion of course.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Lee Jong Suk And YoonA Discuss Their Characters’ Chemistry In “Big Mouth”

Lee Jong Suk And YoonA Discuss Their Characters’ Chemistry In “Big Mouth”

Jul 26, 2022
by S. Nam

Lee Jong Suk and Girls’ Generation’s YoonA talked about their roles in the upcoming MBC drama “Big Mouth”!

“Big Mouth” is a hard-boiled noir drama starring Lee Jong Suk as Park Chang Ho, a third-rate lawyer who winds up in charge of a murder case that turns him overnight into a genius con artist known as “Big Mouse.” In order to survive and protect his family, the “big-mouthed” lawyer must expose a huge conspiracy among the privileged upper classes. YoonA co-stars as Go Mi Ho, a confident and resourceful nurse who is married to Park Chang Ho.

Regarding his character Park Chang Ho, Lee Jong Suk shared that his love for his family is the motivation behind his character. He explained, “Family is the only driving force that allows Park Chang Ho to get through the difficult situation he is given. He ignites his survival instincts in order to take responsibility for his family and make a living as a lawyer as well as to survive and come back to his family from prison.”

Lee-Jong-Suk-5.jpeg

Lee-Jong-Suk-1-1.jpeg

YoonA shared, “[Go Mi Ho] is a figure who says that she knows Park Chang Ho the best when everyone begins to suspect him. The emotions from every instance of joy and sorrow and every moment they spent together as well as the trust [Go Mi Ho] built up as the person closest to [Park Chang Ho] will allow Go Mi Ho to put up with the situation and make her move.”

YoonA-5.jpeg

YoonA-1-2.jpeg

The two actors also rated Park Chang Ho and Go Mi Ho’s chemistry to be 10 out 10 as a couple who relies on each other. Lee Jong Suk commented, “Although they are physically separated so they can’t be together, they will understand each other’s feelings from where they each stand, showcasing exceptional teamwork while getting along fantastically even when they don’t say anything to each other.” YoonA added, “Although they are separated by distance, Park Chang Ho and Go Mi Ho will cooperate with one another with perfect teamwork, and it will be exhilarating when they finally solve the case. I hope these emotions are delivered well to the viewers as well.”

“Big Mouth” will premiere on July 29 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1537916wpp/lee-jong-suk-and-yoona-discuss-their-characters-chemistry-in-big-mouth

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, frozentundra said:

I think it's a versatility tool as well...he looks older and more sophisticated without bangs/fringe, and younger and more vulnerable with them. 

I was also going to say he tends to go without bangs in his downtime, so that makes me think he prefers it, too. I think he even said that once... something about liking his forehead showing, but fans preferring bangs? I don't think he's right though.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, hilllllllly said:

i think he's fine with or without bangs. i wish they'd style the bangs differently though. it would make a ton of difference. lots of male celebrities have bangs but some look better with them than others. however, as a personal preference, i guess i would prefer it to be more sparse and straight, rather than covering his whole forehead. it can almost look messy.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Lee Jong Suk Introduces His Character in ‘Big Mouth’ as Someone Who Sheds Blood, Sweat and Tears

Lee Jong Suk will start a desperate struggle in the upcoming drama ‘Big Mouth’.

Lee Jong Suk Big Mouth

Credit: MBC

Big Mouth tells the story of a big-mouth lawyer who becomes an infamous con artist Big Mouse after getting involved in a murder case. In order to survive and protect his family, he sets out to clear his name by unearthing the dirty secrets of high society.

“I’m a good friend with Director Oh Choong Hwan (director of While You Were Sleeping), and he said ‘Let’s have fun together one more time.’ So I decided to appear in the project after much consideration,” Lee Jong Suk shared. “I found the irony of a normal lawyer becoming a genius con artist intriguing. I thought I could show a new side of myself through Park Chang Ho, who goes back and forth between good and evil to survive.”

“When I first read the script, he was normal and pitiful,” the actor introduced Park Chang Ho, who’s falsely accused as the king of the underworld. But now that he’s finished filming the drama, he’s perspective on the character has changed. “Now, if I think of Park Chang Ho, I think he’s a man who’s more ‘strong’ than ‘normal.’ I hope the viewers can check what I meant by ‘strong’ after watching the show.”

Lee Jong Suk Big Mouth

Park Chang Ho is a man who is caught in a subtle gap between the two homophones (when spelled out in Korean) – Big Mouth and Big Mouse. “I tried to add details into the eyes and the way he talks,” Lee Jong Suk shared. “Attorney Park Chang Ho and genius con artist Big Mouse are the same person with different emotions and goals. So I thought a lot about acting the scenes with the right emotions.”

96828a7c08e161c9daac461f9fa43a0e.gif

One sentence the actor used to describe Park Chang Ho is “a man who’s literally full of blood, sweat, and tears.” Lastly, he added, “The various characters are intricately intertwined. I hope you pay attention to what they’re really thinking and what’s the truth behind the swirling series of events.”

Meanwhile, Big Mouth will premiere on July 29th at 9:50 PM KST as the follow-up of Doctor Lawyer.

https://zapzee.net/2022/07/11/lee-jong-suk-introduces-his-character-in-big-mouth-as-someone-who-sheds-blood-sweat-and-tears/

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, jongkkot said:

i think he's fine with or without bangs. i wish they'd style the bangs differently though. it would make a ton of difference. lots of male celebrities have bangs but some look better with them than others.

Agreed! I know what you mean. To be clear, I think he's beautiful no matter what he does with his hair, and I like that he's constantly switching it up too. I do prefer him without bangs, but I think my problem is when his eyebrows are covered. I found his shorter hair in Doctor Stranger to be kind of charming, and that's probably because I could still see them. 

ca004e61b0ba30d92a426689dd2c97ff.gif 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1