Kim Jae Wook 김재욱 / キム・ジェウク

Ayame

I guess he shops at Olive Young, “Korea’s biggest health and beauty store,” where the fan spotted him. Too bad he has to wear a mask wherever he goes. I guess that’s the price of fame. He seems so very sweet to his fans though.

Not surprised he has a drink before he goes to bed. His friends say his only drinking habit is to fall asleep after drinking one cup.

It would be so nice if he performed again at JIMFF, like he did in 2014. If not, that’s fine, as long as we can still see him.

I’m so glad he had such a pleasant experience filming HPL, and had so much fun ad-libbing. I guess PMY had a positive experience too, since she chose to do another romance drama so soon as her next project. She seems to prefer this genre now.

So, he is still undecided about his next project. I hope he picks another main role that stands out as much as Mo Tae Gu and Ryan Gold. A role that truly showcases his immeasurable talents and charm. Second leads can be interesting, but they don’t get as much screen time.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, cenching said:

28-B0-F030-3-DF9-41-CA-A04-B-564-E3-A2-C

:glasses::glasses::glasses:

God help me. That jawline should be some kind of illegal weapon. ♥ I hate myself when I'm hopelessly tearing up over his good looks ㅜㅜ. I hope he chooses a project soon so that we can seen his acting again and swoon over that instead.

• Love 4

I like KJW’s St. Laurent fashion much better than Paris one. Also YEH video was so random. I was hoping to spot KJW somewhere in there lol 

(nvm, I get it now, he could’ve recorded the first part! Slow me)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jt922 said:

I like KJW’s St. Laurent fashion much better than Paris one. Also YEH video was so random. I was hoping to spot KJW somewhere in there lol 

(nvm, I get it now, he could’ve recorded the first part! Slow me)

Here is a longer clip of them watching the screen together. It seems they have still remained friends all these years. She arrived with actor Ji Il Joo, but is hanging out with KJW.

https://youtu.be/WNiSQJiwxNo

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jt922 said:

I like KJW’s St. Laurent fashion much better than Paris one.

Me too, The Saint Laurent ones were classic cut and colors. Nothing looks better than a classic on a man. While Dunhill's in Paris were more *cough*  "daring" :ph34r: which is doesn't suits him much....

• LOL 1

Kim Jae-wook looked awesome at the JIMFF, but for heaven's sake, his stylist should lay off the bb cream, it shows up horribly in some of the still photos. Kim Jae-wook has a very nice natural skin tone, so why not just let it be? He looked fantastic on the red carpet, and I love his hair and his outfit - black and grey do wonders for his physique, and he looked classy and refined.

More photos:

29030_36843_1958.jpg

20190808_204435.jpg

198222_97664_4653.jpg

Video:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

That one of festival official trying his best for the lady to get hand shake with KJW is funny to watch. 

I'm agree with BB cream. BBcream level here is a bit better than in Paris though. In my eyes, he looked really tired in Paris and the stylist team try their best to show that from fashion to make up :P

• Like 2
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, Aziraphale said:

Kim Jae-wook looked awesome at the JIMFF, but for heaven's sake, his stylist should lay off the bb cream, it shows up horribly in some of the still photos. Kim Jae-wook has a very nice natural skin tone, so why not just let it be? He looked fantastic on the red carpet, and I love his hair and his outfit - black and grey do wonders for his physique, and he looked classy and refined.

It called flashback in photography terms. Based upon my experiences dabbling in professional photography as a hobby, foundation or BB cream that contain certain substances and powder residue causes the grayish/ghostly look. The venue was outdoor and they don't have a proper studio lighting so it's hard to prevent flashback, the weather was bad without enough sunlight too so natural light was close to nothing. Not to mentioned many cameras were aiming at him at the same time so flash after flash were "fighting" each other....Without makeup will make him looks worse actually, he will looks like a dead warmed up.

On side note, I love his hair....He has ditched his Ryan's hair and he looked so dashing in a classic suit...:love:

• Love 1
  • Insightful 1

58 minutes ago, cenching said:

It called flashback in photography terms. Based upon my experiences dabbling in professional photography as a hobby, foundation or BB cream that contain certain substances and powder residue causes the grayish/ghostly look. The venue was outdoor and they don't have a proper studio lighting so it's hard to prevent flashback, the weather was bad without enough sunlight too so natural light was close to nothing. Not to mentioned many cameras were aiming at him at the same time so flash after flash were "fighting" each other....Without makeup will make him looks worse actually, he will looks like a dead warmed up.

On side note, I love his hair....He has ditched his Ryan's hair and he looked so dashing in a classic suit...:love:

His hair is great. He ditched his Ryan hair back in June, so I'm glad to see him all nicely coiffed up like that. I hope his next role will let him have great hair as well.

I'm aware of the flashback, and I understand how certain lighting can make your face "shiny", but I'm just saying the stylist could have used something else instead of the BB cream, which seems to be the go-to thing for k-celebs, regardless of lighting conditions. Surely a stylist should be aware of this? And it's not only Kim Jae-wook, I have seen that white pasty look on many female k-celebs whenever they appear at events, even when the lighting is good. It's a beauty standard I cannot comprehend. I don't see the Japanese celebs, for example, looking like ghosts in events even if their faces might look a bit "shiny" because of lighting conditions.

Here's another video of his arrival. I like how he tried to shake hands with his fans, and his bright smile at the end:

• Like 1
  • Love 1