Kang Ji Hwan 강지환

jinkzzmec

@selenette @jenappelle thanks for the trans, you guys sum up my message well :P and it’s ok to add my nationality haha.

I think beside the Korean ver messages, we should add the eng ver.

1. It’s better for him to know there’s a lot of people from around the world recognize his talent, espcially via this drama.

2. Maybe he would consider more ways (twitter, IG, FB with eng language) to communicate with foreign fans (everything about KJH are mostly in Korean now :tears:).

ps: i’m now more active on twitter (with the mission of promoting KJH to international fans :lol:). I’ve started with posting memes of FGTD :joy:. If you guys have time, let’s have fun together there also!

• Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@selenette If you want I can help sent in some of the messages in now. I have requested some help on @mworca message on Lang 8 with a few personal details amended.

I am glad he is going out for events but still, if his mood persists for so many years I doubt these attendances meant that his issues are resolved. I really hope he gets help.

@angiedramadive Yes please. Also can we add a wikia/tumblr/blog/compilation page for all those background/small details in FGTD?

And prob we could form a dlist in twitter.

I think the strategy are (feel free to modify/add)  @nohamahamoud2002@Lawyerh

1. Post where the poster comes from
  2. Said that we have collected/prepared from fans around the globe for days to get our msg translated hence the delay
  3. Message
  4. Attach image message in the original language the post is written in.(Please suggest good image converter)
  5. End the last message in korean + native language (eg Fighting + native language)

Part 1 - 2.1 

@mworca

First, with regards to this drama, I wished to tell Mr Kang Ji Hwan that no TV dramas can only be supported by one character alone. Any TV dramas would need other supporting characters to establish a story. Naturally, its immeasurable to me that your pressure of being a protagonist of a drama is high. It's also immeasurable to me the pressure felt by you compared to your previous works' ratings.

I feel that Mr Kang Ji Hwan  is incredible to say these words “I will take on all responsibilities”. If I were you, I would have given up easily.

I am proud of you that you did not complain and work hard towards the end.

Because of your willingness to take up responsibilities, I feel that this drama is able to finish shooting successfully with others. I feel that your performance is very appealing.

How do you feel now? If you still feel depressed,  do let us know and we will be happy to help.

If you still blaming yourself now, you will feel exhausted because of the pain. What about taking a rest?

Moreover,  if your feelings become unbearable, try to express and confide your feelings will do you good.

I am also very depressed, but since I start twitter, expressing myself and talking to myself more, my mood becomes much more better.

No matter how much you express yourself of your negative feelings, there will always be fans willing to listen over and over again and able to accept it anytime.

Regardless, don't just bear all of the stress and pain alone.  

Original text:

Spoiler

まず、今回の作品について、カン・ジファンさんに言いたいことは、どのドラマもキャラクター1人で成り立つことはありえません。

どのドラマも、主人公以外のキャラクター達がいるからこそ、話は成り立つのです。

もちろん、主人公として抜擢されるということがどれ程のプレッシャーを感じるのか、私には計り知れないものです。

そして、過去に出演されたドラマやそれら出演作品の視聴率と比較されることになるでしょうから、この視点からのプレッシャーも、私には計り知れません。

『自分が全責任を負うべきもの』と考えることが出来るカン・ジファンさんは、凄いと思います。私なら、すぐ投げ出していたと思います。それくらい、あなたの演技には魅力があると感じています。

弱音も吐かず、最後まで頑張ったカン・ジファンさんのFANであることを、とても誇りに思います

そういう考え方が出来ているから、このドラマも最後まで皆と力を合わせて撮影を終えることができたのではないかな?と私は思っています。

今は、どのような状況でしょうか。もし、また苦しくなった時には知らせてもらえると嬉しいです。

もし、今でも自分を責める自分がいたら、苦しいばかりで疲れるでしょうから、とにかく休憩してみてはいかがでしょうか。

そして、気持ちが辛くなったら、いつでもどこにいてもその気持ちを吐き出してみることも良いと思います。

私もすぐ落ち込みますが、ツイッターを始めてから、自分の気持ちを呟くことでかなり気持ちが和らぐようになりました。

「カンハムサ」では、何度も愚痴をこぼしても、何度でも聞いてくれるファンは必ずいると思います。何度でも受け止めてくれるファンは必ずいると思います。

どうか、一人で悩みや痛みを抱え込まず、分かち合える場所があると思ってもらえると嬉しいです。

@selenette I found out that baidu translate is much more accurate for Japanese/Chinese-English translation. A few sentences made by mworca doesn't make sense in google/bing translate and dictionaries, and I have independently verified with the folks at Lang 8. Here is the link https://fanyi.baidu.com/#en/kor/

I have included a copy of the machine trans for English/Korean. Let me know whether its the case so that we could reduce some workload. Also let's just stick to the proper way of calling him first. Apparently KHS fans called him 教主(she cant recall the hanja/hangul used but apparently its 교주 gyoju??)

Btw there is a sister web, hinative which is more geared towards asking questions. You might consider register it for short questions.

Spoiler

우선 이 연극에 관해서, 나는 강지환 씨, 어떤 드라마도 하나의 캐릭터만으로 지지할 수 없다는 것을 알려주고 싶다.어떤 드라마도 다른 조연들이 필요하다.물론 연극 주연의 스트레스가 매우 높다는 것을 나는 짐작할 수 없었다.나의 이전 작품의 시청률에 비하면 느끼는 스트레스도 가늠할 수 없다.

나는 강지환씨가 “ 모든 책임을 질 것이다 ” 라고 하는 것은 불가사의한 것이다.내가 너라면, 나는 쉽게 포기할 거야.

내가 너를 위해 무슨. 아니, 열심히 일을 불평했다.

네가 책임을 지고 싶어하기 때문에, 나는 이 연극이 성공적으로 합작할 수 있다고 생각한다.나는 너의 연기가 매우 매력적이라고 생각한다.

지금 기분이 어때?만약 네가 여전히 매우 우울하다.   우리 알고, 우리는 기꺼이 제공할 것입니다.

아직도 네가 아직도 자신을 책망한다면 고통으로 기진맥진할 것이다.좀 쉬어요. 어때요?

또한 당신의 느낌이 참을 수 없다면 표현과 신뢰를 표현해 볼 수 있는 느낌은 당신에게 도움이 될 것입니다.

나도 매우 실망했지만, 내가 트위터를 시작하고 자신을 표현하고 자신과 대화하는 것이 더 많고, 내 마음이 더 좋아졌다.

당신이 자신의 부정적인 느낌을 어떻게 표현하든, 어떤 팬들은 한 번 다시 한 번 귀를 기울여 듣고, 언제든지 받아들일 수 있습니다.

어쨌든 말고 그냥 모든 고통을 참을 스트레스, 혼자.

53 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

@jenappelle just quick update. No translation provided by cafe. So the fan suggested to put both korean & english original comments like your idea before. About edit picture & text for me i normally use pixlr in phone. I think theres a lot simple & easy apps to use. If its not required too many effects etc. I think depend on the how many comments etc, we can divide between three of us to edit etc? 

Sorry chingus I am going to disappear for a while because I am back to work and things are not smooth. I won't be able to participate in your KJH cafe daum activity so plz consider registering to be with @Lawyerh and @jenappelle. I just browse the cafe from time to time to know if KJH is getting any better. But I'm tired now so I hope you can make it at the end.

For those of you who didn't know how to to register , I explained in English text inside the images ,  translating the Korean words 

On 1/12/2019 at 12:02 AM, Lawyerh said:

I think some korean fans in cafe is quite nice too and can speak english. I just chipped in my 2 cents, i think its good idea to ask them to check. But of course need to wait my 2 boss @jenappelle & @nohamahamoud2002 to comment hahaha....

Btw @selenette im impressed with your self learnt, i also already bought korean book and download several apps and hopefully slowly can pick up some skill. This soompi forum is full with great people and inspired me a lot. The fan cafe also have a lot of positive aura and quite welcoming to us foreigner. Despite of having language barrier.

Damn I envy you for making friends so easily :) . Do you have a twitter account? We are much more active over here but there are advantages in using soompi as its more personalised (and type longer). 

You should see some of the posts made by selenette on Korean. Really inspired me to pick up Korean sooner. How far along are you on Korean?

@jenappelle just quick update. No translation provided by cafe. So the fan suggested to put both korean & english original comments like your idea before. About edit picture & text for me i normally use pixlr in phone. I think theres a lot simple & easy apps to use. If its not required too many effects etc. I think depend on the how many comments etc, we can divide between three of us to edit etc?

Thanks a lot for your hard work. :D . Lets use pixlr. There is no need for any effect. I just want him to know, there is a lot of people support him and unfortunately we cant speak Korean you know. So some of the posts can be posted by the users themselves (esp those users who are not in soompi and mworca who has an account)

Yo u are not missing out any (as of now) on the  Foreigner - Japanese posts.Some of the posts are related to membership fees (you need to ask @mworca for that) . They did have some perks as Children of Lesser God DVD is issued to Japan market. 

@nohamahamoud2002 dont worry about us, just focus on your life :).

So some news update: (not really news just more details)

1) For Seoul Song Award, he wont go for red carpet, just one of the presenters for one of the Awards.

2) I saw it somewhere in the cafe that there are new photos released from FGTD for Japanese fans, one with a football (soccer) pic with him in character as Baek Jin Sang (Damn you for being Arsenal fan)

You must smile when you pose for a photograph, Kang Ji Hwan sshi.... :flushed: 

I really hoped to see a dashing guy!! But he looks so inactive & thin. It really looks like he's passing a hard time. Even if you are, please give your face a smile, just for your fans.... Yp, that's the way what it should be!!!

@Lawyerh long time no see dear! I finished COALG a week ago, which means 3 days of marathoning haha. And my thirst for him increase to max level :lol: so i went to twitter to dig more and trapped in a matrix of message loops with @selenette & @jenappelle then :joy: , you should join the fun there also!

And COALG was a great one! Despite that broken Eng sub till the end, i still amazingly found a way to understand it and enjoy till the very last bit :P In love with all the cast and also impressed with detective Cheon wardrobe haha. He looked so much younger than BJS and very handsome even without the glasses!

Ah, about his laugh at the award, he was lost direction just a moment before and led Go Ara to the opposite side of the mic stand lol.

Part 3 - The most recent ones I have received are from China. Thanks to help and laughters from @angiedramadive  and @selenette 1/3 is done. The translation is slow due to huge language barriers and we are sending it for correction. I will leave a note in the cafe tonight, to tell him that we are late due to collecting messages and trouble in translating etc.

Below:

Asura

Hi

I am a new fan from China. Actually, I have known you from your previous works and you have left a deep impression on me back then. Perhaps I was too picky and therefore I did not become your fan back then. This is because there are a lot of good actors in Korea. This is something my country should learn from your country.

However, I am bowled over and even “shocked” by your impressive acting skills in <Feel Good to Die> and has been your fan since. Hence, I am very distressed to read your letter to your fans after the drama ends. You wrote that your performance is lacking and hence feels regretful. Your words are really distressful to those who are your fans, including those fans that like you since <Feel Good to Die> or those fans that have rediscovered you.

As you said, this comedy makes the audience laughs heartily. However, as part of the cast, it takes much more effort and energy than usual. As someone with a similar age as you, I could deeply identify and feel what you went through. As an audience, I exert the same feelings and passion to watch you act here. I repeatedly analyzed and pondered upon each of your expression, every line and every feeling behind each look.

Despite separated from a live performance, with different languages and contexts, we as audience are able to sincerely feel your dedication and passion in performing as Baek Jin Sang. So please don’t say your acting skills are insufficient. In reality you have achieved 120%!. In my opinion, 2018 “Daesang” belongs to Kang JI Hwan alone, although I understood that there are other reasons for awarding Daesang than performance alone. So its regrettable that you does not won “Daesang” but it does not mean your superb acting abilities can be erased.

After watching Korean dramas for more than a decade, I understand that ratings are always on the minds of the cast and production team. However, as logical viewers, we feel that high ratings do not always correlate with great works and great cast.  In China, almost all online viewers have given unanimous praises and reviews and its reviews’ ratings are higher than reviews ratings for dramas broadcasted in the same period.

The reviews given for <Feel Good to Die> are much more positive compared to tv dramas broadcasted at the same time with higher viewer counts. This is mainly due to Kang Ji Hwan’s portrayal of Baek Jin Sang.  Truly, meeting a character such as “Baek Jin Sang” is such a good opportunity and challenge for an actor. Also, such a character as Baek Jin Sang is lucky to meet an actor such as Kang Ji Hwan for making him alive.

In addition, due to internet accessibility, shouldn’t most viewers watching dramas online instead of television (and hence a drama’s popularity shouldn’t be judged solely on traditional television ratings?)

I have written a lot unconsciously, but I am not sure whether you will have the chance to see this post and whether this post will be able to comfort and encourage you when you are down. If it could, that will be good.

In this world, there is a lot of people feeling fulfilled due to your works. At the same time, they wish to protect what you loved and wish you can be fulfilled and satisfied.

Lastly, although I wish I could see your new work sooner, but more importantly, I wish you healthy, happy and satisfied!

(PS thank you chingus that helps to translate and repost!)

Spoiler

Hi
你好:

我是来自中国的一位新粉丝。其实很多年前我已经认识你,在电影作品中就曾经对你有过较为深刻的映象。但可能是我过于挑剔的缘故,当时还未能成为你的粉丝因为在你们国家,优秀的演绎人士真的有很多,这是我们国家的演绎圈需要多多学习的地方。

I am a new fan from China. You have left a deep impression on me from you previous works. Perhaps I was too picky and therefore I did not become your fan back then. This is because there are a lot of good actors in Korea. This is something my country should learn from your country.

然而在2018年播放的《死也很好》的电视剧中,我终于被你的演技折服了,甚至可以说是震惊了。 而在剧终时候,看到你留给粉丝的长信中提到自己对该部电视剧中演绎发挥不足的遗憾与自责,让很多喜欢你,尤其是因为《死也很好》认识到你,或重新发掘到你的粉丝感到无比心疼。

However, in <Feel Good to Die>,  I am bowled over and astonished by your impressive acting skills. Hence I am very distressed when I read your letter to your fans after the drama ends, where you wrote that you think your performance is lacking and you regretted and blamed yourself about it.

诚如你所说的,这部喜剧让观众看了很开心哈哈大笑,但是作为拍摄中的演员,却要付出比寻常更多的心力与体力。作为一个和你同龄人的观众能够深深的理解并感同身受。 作为观众的我,同样是用心用情在观看着你的表演,甚至可以说是反复琢磨着你的每一个表情,每一句台词,每一个眼神后所要表达出的感情。

As you said, this comedy makes the audience laughs heartily. However, as part of the cast, it takes much more effort and energy than usual. As someone with a similar age as you, I could deeply identify and feel what you went through. As an audience, I exerts more effort and energy when I watch you act here. I repeatedly analyzed and pondered upon each of your expression, every line and every look.

在电视剧中,隔着屏幕,隔着不同的语言和语境,我们都能真切地感受到你对白真相这个角色演绎的用心与投入,感受到了你用全身心地力量去表现的热情。所以千万不要说自己演技不够,事实上,你的演技达到了”120的效果!在我心目中,2018年度的大赏只有姜志奂而已。 虽然作为一个成年人而言,知道对于电视台所颁出的奖杯,包含了除实力以外的更多原因。这是遗憾,但不能因此抹杀你的演技实力。

Across the screen (literally means separated by screen), languages and contexts, we are still able to sincerely feel all of your dedication and passion in interpreting “Baek Jin Sang” .

So please don’t say your acting skills are insufficient. In reality, you have achieved 120%! In my opinion, “Daesang” for 2018 belongs to Kang Ji Hwan alone. However,  I understood that there are other reasons of being awarded for Daesang than by performance alone. So it’s regrettable that you does not won “Daesang” but it does not mean your superb acting abilities can be erased.

在观看韩剧十多年以来,我们都知道有一个叫收视率的东西,像一座无形的大山一样压在所有投身与电视剧制作的团队人员心上。但作为理性的观众,我们更认为收视率与优秀的作品,优秀的演员并不完全成正比例。

After watching Korean dramas for more than a decade, I understand that ratings are always on the minds of the cast and production team. However, as logical viewers, we feel that high ratings do not always correlate with great works and great cast.

《死也很好》的收视率令人遗憾甚至让人心生疑窦?因为在中国,通过网络观看此剧的观众们几乎是一致性地好评与赞叹 并且,现在的网络如此发达,透过网络收看,而不是电视的?榭霰缺冉允牵缘缡邮帐勇实耐臣品绞轿疵馓湮榱税伞?

Are the ratings regrettable? Because in China, almost all of the online viewers have given unanimous praises and reviews. In addition, due to internet accessibility, shouldn’t most viewers watching dramas online instead of television (and hence a drama’s popularity shouldn’t be judged solely on traditional television ratings?)

Because in China, via watching online, almost all the viewers has given “great praises and rave reviews”. In addition, due to internet, most will view from internet rather than television.

在我们国家,有喜爱电视电影的观众会对各个作品进行打分评论。《死也很好》的评分比同期播放的许多收视率高的剧的分要高很多。而且可以很负责的说。这些好评绝大部分是因为姜演员所塑造出的,独一无二的白真相

In my country, viewers who regularly give all sorts of review ratings for tv dramas and movies. For Feel Good to Die, the reviews are much more positive than those tv dramas broadcasted at the same time with higher viewer counts. I could also responsibly said that, most of the high review ratings are due to Kang Ji Hwan’s creation of an unique character, Baek Jin Sang

确实,能够遇到白真相这个角色对于演员来说真的是个很好的机遇与挑战,但是白真相遇到姜志奂的演绎,同样幸运地让这个角色鲜活生动,让人欲罢不能.

Truly, meeting a character such as “Baek Jin Sang” is such a good opportunity and challenge for an actor. Also, such a character as Baek Jin Sang is lucky to meet an actor such as Kang Ji Hwan for making him alive.

不知不觉写了很多,不知道会不会能够有机会被你看到,并能够在你沮丧时鼓励和安慰到你。如果能够的话,那就太好了。

I have written a lot, I am not sure whether you will have the chance to see this post and whether this post will be able to comfort and encourage you when you are down. If it could, that will be too good.

在这个世界上,有很多人因为你的作品而感到幸福。同样的,他们以一颗爱护着你的心意,希望你一样可以幸福满满。

In this world, there is a lot of people feeling fulfilled due to your works. At the same time, they wish to protect what you loved and wish you can be fulfilled and satisfied.

最后,虽然希望能很快看到你的新作品,但更重要的是祝福你身体健看,快乐充实!

P.S. 感谢幸苦翻译和转达的亲)

@Lawyerh Come and join us chingu. Twitter is quite convenient. I really wish soompi has a mobile app for forum bcos its difficult to check posts.

And damn you are really active of daum cafe ;). I left a note bcos there is a huge delay. I am only managed to correct one out of 4 post ( I receive 1 post in korean but the lady did not dare to try translate) so will be sending off to lang8/italki hopefully tomorrow(using commute time here). So hopefully we have the first batch out by Sat. Should we just put the original text side by side or just the ori in english?

4 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

Nah @nohamahamoud2002 is way more active than me hahahaha.... i think by now Kang Ji Hwan himself might know her already :lol:

I think we put the hangul and simplified ori in english. For ori in english maybe put with some picture background. I tried to come out with example when i have time later...

Thanks for your & selenette hard work its indeed not easy and take time. Dont worry too much chingu....

Oh I didn't recognize you with new pic for sec... I agree with you KJH probably notice @nohamahamoud2002 the next time he logs in.  

I actually like soompi because I use laptop more than phone :D.

@Lawyerh @phoenix24 Yeah you change your icon so I thought there is another lawyerh in soompi :lol:. Of course twitter has word limit so if you are using laptop its not easy.

I knew that chinese fans knew you both. You are known to them as the user who try to register for more than 6 hour:lol:. Noha is one of the tops users :lol: so thet knew her too (Think she was ranked 7th or something on the ranking chart of one day). I am just a fake fan :lol:. Thanks for commenting that day as I was really nervous! Still rememorising the hanguls and luckily there is one app which is quite good.

Let me know if you have any ideas regarding the pics for words(others pls join). I promised @angiedramadive that I will post today so hopefully I can publish one tonight for Koreans to edit. Lets discuss and regroup for Saturday, I am aiming for that day as  I will have some posts coming out then.

7 minutes ago, jenappelle said:

I am just a fake fan :lol:. Thanks for commenting that day as I was really nervous! Still rememorising the hanguls and luckily there is one app which is quite good.

I think everyone is different so fans are different too.  I don't think a fake fan would put so much effort.  You have interest and give support and that is good enough :kiss_wink:

9 hours ago, jenappelle said:

@Lawyerh @phoenix24 Yeah you change your icon so I thought there is another lawyerh in soompi :lol:. Of course twitter has word limit so if you are using laptop its not easy.

I knew that chinese fans knew you both. You are known to them as the user who try to register for more than 6 hour:lol:. Noha is one of the tops users :lol: so thet knew her too (Think she was ranked 7th or something on the ranking chart of one day). I am just a fake fan :lol:. Thanks for commenting that day as I was really nervous! Still rememorising the hanguls and luckily there is one app which is quite good.

Let me know if you have any ideas regarding the pics for words(others pls join). I promised @angiedramadive that I will post today so hopefully I can publish one tonight for Koreans to edit. Lets discuss and regroup for Saturday, I am aiming for that day as  I will have some posts coming out then.

You  aren't fake chingu, you are just shy, I think, because you seem to want to use Korean but can't :D

I am not shy to use English that's why I am active. You encouraged us to join cafe daum when you read KJH's post. You care about him silently. I am the promotional type of person. I am trying to make KJH get out of depression soon, that's why I am doing my best 

On 1/12/2019 at 1:03 AM, selenette said:

@Heidi Seow

말레이시아에서 인사드림니다. 저는 강지환씨울 "빅맨"으로부터 알았지 , "죽어도좋아" 대해 좋아합니다. "뱈진상" 매우 현실적인 인물이었다. "타임 루프" 드라마에서 새로운 주제입니다. 도전에 나섰기 때문에 기쁩니다. 등급이 모든 것을 의미하는 것은 아닙니다. 강지환씨 는훌륭한 일을 해냈습니다. 잠시 쉬셔서 나중에 다시 오십시오.

Thanks for the wonderful translate @selenette:kiss_wink: You are the best!

On 1/7/2019 at 2:20 PM, Lawyerh said:

Btw @Heidi Seow im in neigbourhood country, close to yours hahaha..

Hello @Lawyerh So glad that I can meet neighbourhood friend here!! :wub: No wonder I feel so close when I read your comments. :lol: Very good intimacy:heart:

How is everyone here?? I had watched Real Man 300, Island Trio, COALG and Runway Cop. Seriously so hooked with him now.. :wub: Look at the way he conquer his fear of height in Real Man 300, really salute on him. :thumbsup: Hottie look in Runway Cop, OMG!!! :love: Cutie and kind in Island Trio and Genius in COALG. Honesty, I still can't get over on FGTD yet even I'm following other drama too. Saw the way he smiled so happily at award time, hopefully can see him soon in new project. 

Archived