Kang Ji Hwan 강지환

jinkzzmec

3 hours ago, jenappelle said:

Hi all

A japanese fan said there is a thread for foreginers so you could post your original comments and wait for someone to translate + post. I have a twitter pic sent by the said fan but i am unable to link it here. Anyone has twitter + upload function so that i could post?

Foreigner is the 18th one down, but I didn't know they translate for you.

• Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Foreigner is the 18th one down, but I didn't know they translate for you.

Is it accessed via Pc?  The fan did say they seems to translate those posts. Can anyone verify? I am trying to reduce selenette workload here.

Edit:Updated the steps in prev post

Hello chingus~~~~ 

Im so sorry that last few weeks I was in busy schedule couldn't have time to visit soompi. Izzit still alright to count me in? Here is the message that I would like to send to KJH. 

Dear Kang Ji-Hwan, 

Greetings from Malaysia! First time I know about you was in "The Big Man" but what really hooked me into you was "Feel Good To Die"! You really bring Beak Jin-sang's character into alive. I believe time-loop topic is really a new topic for Korean Drama and honesty to say, you did impressive job and I'm glad you took this challenge. Be proud for yourself. Ratings doesn't mean everything, deep impression is the most important and I believe you did it. 

Please take a good rest and come back with impressive project! Seriously I would like to see you often in variety show. Looking forward to see you soon! Please don't lets us wait too long. Fighting! 

I'm gonna be away again everyone, and I promise will be back to this thread after 21st January. Keep in touch chingus.. Miss you all~~~ :wub:

ps: @nohamahamoud2002 you found me in YT!! How do you know is me?? :D

btw, I'm more active in FB and IG. So see you when I see you all~~~~

1 hour ago, jenappelle said:

Is it accessed via Pc?  The fan did say they seems to translate those posts. Can anyone verify? I am trying to reduce selenette workload here.

Edit:Updated the steps in prev post

Yea a bit confusing. On PC when you click on foreigner it say foreigner freeboard.   If we go to your 2nd step and click write in the list of choices in list 질문과간의 this would be questions/interactions/answers so if you need clarification maybe start there.

On 1/7/2019 at 8:48 AM, Heidi Seow said:

I'm gonna be away again everyone, and I promise will be back to this thread after 21st January. Keep in touch chingus.. Miss you all~~~ :wub:

ps: @nohamahamoud2002 you found me in YT!! How do you know is me?? :D

btw, I'm more active in FB and IG. So see you when I see you all~~~~

I was watching clips from FGTD, and found your name in the comments by chance :)

https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/5876-kang-ji-hwan-강지환/?page=23&tab=comments#comment-6239530

see the photos in this early page.

Dear @Lawyerh :wub: Thanks a lot for the interview about him!!

And yes, as you said, he seems to count his popularity with the amount of numbers he gets! But I find it a little weird for myself! It's like he is underestimating himself or something! That's why he's feeling down so easily! And the interview is from 2014 & now it's 2019... No doubt, he's still the same! I think he must change his point of view this year! Then he will get what he really wants on his own... :)

And I understand his situation.. he's an older actor in his 40s... So he must feel a lot of responsibilities on his hand.! But he should be positive no matter what! :wub: he should enjoy his life to the fullest!

The pleasure is all mine, dear @Lawyerh :wub: It's an honor to get to know about a senior actor & a person like Kang Ji Wan!! And I personally like younger actors... :D But I must follow Kang Ji Wan & learn more about him!! It's great to have 2 addictions at the same time! (If you know what I mean) :sweat_smile:

should look for his name online, despite the low ratings of the drama I have received many good comments about his

performance

After reading the interview I feel closer, is a person that I would really like to know, I hope that later I find someone who

makes him see that he should not demand more of himself ...

I have been reading all the efforts that have made to enter daum and really thank you very much, I tried but I did not achieve it ...

and I'm sorry to leave a message of encouragement here being that my English is very basic and I need to use a translator .. I am

afraid that it is not understood Thank you for being such energetic fans of kang ji hwan, I hope your messages are read

4 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

Is he popular in Arabic country? You should run new Fan Cafe in Arabic languange :lol: I think you will be doing wonderful job on it. You know what i rewatching Lie to Me ( ok i complain a lot about the plot) but its quite fun and no need to think so much. My favourite scenes is the karaoke at HKJ house :wub: 

when they sang Ice cream song??

my tribute To KJH :) 

https://ar.wikipedia.org/wiki/كانج_جي_هوان

18 hours ago, Nadia Muñoz said:

should look for his name online, despite the low ratings of the drama I have received many good comments about his

performance

After reading the interview I feel closer, is a person that I would really like to know, I hope that later I find someone who

makes him see that he should not demand more of himself ...

I have been reading all the efforts that have made to enter daum and really thank you very much, I tried but I did not achieve it ...

and I'm sorry to leave a message of encouragement here being that my English is very basic and I need to use a translator .. I am

afraid that it is not understood Thank you for being such energetic fans of kang ji hwan, I hope your messages are read

Hmm, although we think that he does not understand other languages well, but I think a few posts in languages other than english/chinese/korean/japanese itself is not a bad idea. He needs to know his fans are worldwide :D

11 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

The fan cafe also have a lot of positive aura and quite welcoming to us foreigner. Despite of having language barrier

They love KJH that is why they feel how good it is to have international fans  :) 

Btw our English posts are very clear among all Korean posts

They catch more attention because they are very few, which is an advantage 

I have very high hopes that KJH will view them. Although you say he is not fluent in spoken English but I think he may understand simple written English 

Addicted fans like you and me should register in cafe daum. You managed to make it despite hating computer. :) it is good to follow KJH chingus. Refer to my earlier post here I explained in detail how to register 

27 minutes ago, selenette said:

@jenappelle What about, instead of asking the kfans to translate, we use my messy translations and ask them to check the results? I'm asking you if it's wise. 

Hmm. Is it formal polite? Does it feel standoff ish if it is written in such language? If its fine just translate first, let me and other figured out how we should proceed. 

I think its a good idea, just that the number of posts may be worrying (? are they nice enough to translate?)  I am digging around to check.   @mworca (Our Japanese KJH fan here) said there seems to be a translator board for translation although she never used it before.

Its best if we put some note upfront: (Btw feel free too contribute everyone) @Lawyerh

1) Our Korean is not good (we may need to attach the original post in english)

2) We may also need to explain that the posts are from a collaboration project between overseas members to cheer KJH up

Either we put in a smaller post in first (eg Heidi's post length is short so I am thinking of putting that). But we do really need to break the posts into batches.

I am reading one of the instruction posts in Chinese now and I hope I can find some clues here. They definitely did mention to the fans to post in English if there are any questions.

UPDATE

I've translated four messages (three are finished, one is still unfinished). As you can see here, the sentences are much simplified, very stiffly formal, and very much shortened. Feel free to read. I took some liberty in adding Angie's nationality. I think everyone should say where they come from, like Heidi. I also didn't add the "fighting" word after the message since with formal language it sounds out of place. 

I addressed Kang Ji-hwan as Kang Ji-hwan ssi (the way reporters usually address actors and actresses), since "dangshin" (you) is very very improper for the time being. But I'm not sure how the other, newer kfans address him...maybe we should check it out first. 

@Heidi Seow

말레이시아에서 인사드림니다. 저는 강지환씨울 "빅맨"으로부터 알았지 , "죽어도좋아" 대해 좋아합니다. "뱈진상" 매우 현실적인 인물이었다. "타임 루프" 드라마에서 새로운 주제입니다. 도전에 나섰기 때문에 기쁩니다. 등급이 모든 것을 의미하는 것은 아닙니다. 강지환씨 는훌륭한 일을 해냈습니다. 잠시 쉬셔서 나중에 다시 오십시오.

@angiedramadive

베트남아에서 인사드림니다. 요즘 시청자는 마음을 열어주는 의미있는 이야기를 찾습니다.세상은 점점 유물 론적으로 변하고 있습니다.많은 이야기가 공허를 채우기 위해 존재합니다. 단지 웃음을 위해, 그리고 명성을 위해서입니다.강지환씨는 진품이었고 드물었습니다. 저는 "뱈진상" 단지 가상의 인물이라는 것을 잊었다.연기는 매우 미묘했습니다.자신을 믿으십시오. 강지환씨는 재능 있고 천재적입니다.이루다에 대한 그의 슬픔은 놀라웠습니다. 나는 너무 충격을 받았다. 회복하는데 시간이 걸렸다.

@Lawyerh

저는강지환씨는새로운 팬이다."뱈진상" 강지환씨을위한 캐릭터이었습니다.캐릭터의 발전과 감정이 묘사되었습니다.캐릭터의 발전과 감정이 묘사되었습니다. "죽어도좋아은" 1 위의 드라마입니다.저는이 강지환씨을 당신의 최고의 업적으로 생각하기를 바랍니다. 강지환씨게서, 저는 최선을 다하는 법을 배웁니다.

@phoenix24

"뱈진상" 굉장했습니다. 시청자는이 캐릭터를 싫어했지만 나중에는 그를 좋아했습니다. 시청자의 마음을 바꿨습니다. 많은 시청자가 쇼에 다시 참여하고 있습니다. 일부 시청자는 시즌 2 투표하고 있습니다.

I will translate the rest tomorrow. Believe it or not, even these short messages have dried up my brain :joy:. I really need to take a proper course. You see here is my method: 

English--> simplifying it-->machine (grammar testing)--> dictionary-->machine 2-->Grammar blogs etc, dictionary--> translate. 

For each sentence. 

Let's create a Lang 8 account @selenette ( I have one so we can start from there but my acquaintances may look at the spike in korean posts baffling :D). Lang 8 is a place where you can ask people to review your sentences/essays. We can put line by line and some stuff can be machine translated if not entirely sure (with some modifications).

Let me ask her I need to find the message from the cnetz again, but she said before something like Star - Sama (Sama is a honorific term in Japanese, I am not sure what is the exact korean word used)

However, we do need to correct entries made by others to collect points (this is not an issue for me).

We can either do this approach: @selenette@Lawyerh

1) Post part of the essay (doable for those messages that are difficult to translate) but redact some of the more personal details ie name, circumstances. We might need to be very clear that this is intended for comforting messages given to another person from start.

and/or

2) Post part of the sentences that are difficult to translate

Edit: I need you to write a simple message for point 1 (can you advise whether point 1 is sufficient to express what we want?) and also these words " My Korean is still poor"

3) At the same time do look around to see what is the exact location for translation posts to be made, whether we can create a huge thread for asking for a translation.

I am still translating @mworca's message so it might take some time to response.

Archived