Kang Ji Hwan 강지환

jinkzzmec

10 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

it is enough that KJH made us all happy. it is the least thing we can do for him. I sent him the message in English, and with Selenette's help, I sent her the google translation of my message to correct it. and then I can post it in Korean again.

use google chrome

@Lawyerh it will translate the comments for you.

I have screenshot the comments to selenette. The type of lingo used is informal polite. We are still discussing how it should be done but we might commit a social error/faux paux by pasting translation directly from machine. Too formal a language may be considered impolite.

• Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jenappelle said:

I have screenshot the comments to selenette. The type of lingo used in informal polite. We are still discussing how it should be done but we might commit a social error/faux paux by pasting translation directly from machine. Too formal a language may be considered impolite.

but is English wrong? I mean Korean machine is not correct.

7 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

but is English wrong? I mean Korean machine is not correct.

I think english should be fine, just not machine translated korean. I knew a bit of Japanese formal language(keigo) and I think Korean is much more stricter than Japanese lol.

3 minutes ago, jenappelle said:

I think english should be fine, just not machine translated. I knew a bit of Japanese formal language(keigo) and I think Korean is much more stricter than Japanese lol.

haha. I am a native speaker of Arabic :D

but I learned English since I was 1 year old since I was living in England for the first two years of my life :D

2 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

@nohamahamoud2002 i saw your post as nohatranslator. I choose in secret mode to post. I hope it go through. Its very complicated, when i have time & mood ill try in laptop. 

why secret mode?? it is better to be public, so other viewers can read it

@jenappelle I won't use machine translation in cafe daum. I just sent it to selenette to see it :) if it is OK, I can post it.

Sorry chinggus..I did not open soompi for a while due to busy at work (new year and all). Is the message thingy still on? and I did not have the luxury to read all the thread yet, but I will..so, correct me if I'm wrong, is there something we must register to send this message?

Anyway, here is my message to KJH

Dear KJH :heart:.

BJS would not be possible without you. He is alive because of you. He is funny because of you. He is lovable because of you. My tears of watching this drama is because your sadness as BJS made me cry.  My happiness of watching this drama is because your laughter as BJS made me smile. I can never imagine anyone better suited to play that role except for you. I've read the manga and in my imagination there is always you. So, don't let the ratings or the negativity gets to your spirit. To me, FGTD is one of the best dramas I have watched in years. It started strong and ended even stronger. You are always a great actor and, to me, you have nowhere else to go but up. Please be healthy and stronger and come back with greater projects. Looking forward to see you on the screen again. Fighting!!

To all the chinggus who tagged me here..Thank you!!..I promise I will come back and read through the whole thread once I'm done with my new year project. Thank you again all...:love:

On 1/4/2019 at 6:57 PM, phoenix24 said:

I think a lot of us will start learning Korean after this.  Yes, we're doing what he said getting along and supporting each other.  I'm sure he'll be happy about that too.

Thanks. This really means a lot to me :) . I am working hard on Japanese and I heard he has interviews in Japan sometimes so we could help each other in future. Lets keep in touch.

@nohamahamoud2002 You are really determined:D and I am really really impressed at all those modes you discovered despite not speaking the language. I hope you keep calm, relax and do see a therapist if it gets worse. But let me know if you need someone to lend an ear.

@inna75 Yes its still on. Welcome. I have a project too so I am really burning the midnight oil on this. I will be compiling the comments. I am still waiting for 2 messages to come via another source.

. I will be the compiler so please let me know if I missed out anyone else. @nohamahamoud2002 I seems to be unable to find your post. 

I have included my comments below. If anyone made any changes or want to add, please tag me.

@phoenix24 You were great as an actor in portraying Baek Jin Sang.  You made people hate the annoying evil boss, then make those same people fall in love with you.  This in itself is victory because it is hard to change people's mind once they made their decision.  As for the show, we see and read other viewer's reactions, and many people are now going back to rewatch the entire show/finish it or finding it to watch for the very first time.  Others are voting for a second season so do not be dishearten.  Fighting!

. @angiedramadive For any actor, Beak Jin Sang was a dream role that was so good to be true. Then for me, an audience, be able to observe and feel his existence is a dream like experience. 

Just like actors, we audience are always seeking for a meaningful story that warms our heart, wakes up our deeply closed emotion, challenges our thought and eventually, helps us realize the true meaning of living. Feel Good To Die and especially its main characters (Beak Jin Sang and Lee Ru Da) has done an exceptional job to fulfill those mentioned above.

Our world is becoming more and more materialistic. More instant stories were made just to ease the emptiness and insecurity. More laugh and tear jerkers, more popular faces, more fanciness, more unrealistic dreams, more calculations and more inhumanity. However, your performance in Feel Good To Die gifted me the genuine emotion that rarely find in other productions. The feeling Baek Jin Sang gave out was so raw and true that i hardly realize he was just a work of imagination. The portrayal of Baek Jin Sang was your best performance to date (the grief for Ruda at the hospital was breathtaking, i was so shocked at my feeling and actually need a couple of hours to recover from the pain!). I must say this performance just reaches a whole new level of subtle acting that can’t be found in other Korean actors. You are not just talented but genius for this performance. So, be proud!

Kang Ji Hwan actor-nim, it was a great pleasure to see your acting. Please come back with a more impressive project and gift us the honor to witness your improvement! Thanks a lot!

@Tasia

Dear Kang Ji Hwan, I've watched your dramas and always think that you are a very good actor. Ratings will not define an actor... There are so many people appreciating your hard work, me included. I really love the way you portrayed Baek Jin Sang. I cannot imagine other actor to portray BJS perfectly like you did. From annoying and hateful BJS to loveable and caring BJS... You did very, very well... I hated BJS and felt BJS' pains and confusion, and also anger, and then love... You made it so relatable in real life.. BJS is alive because of you... Please take a good care of your health... Hope 2019 will be much better year for you... Don't give up hope.

@inna75

Dear KJH .

BJS would not be possible without you. He is alive because of you. He is funny because of you. He is lovable because of you. My tears of watching this drama is because your sadness as BJS made me cry.  My happiness of watching this drama is because your laughter as BJS made me smile. I can never imagine anyone better suited to play that role except for you. I've read the manga and in my imagination there is always you. So, don't let the ratings or the negativity gets to your spirit. To me, FGTD is one of the best dramas I have watched in years. It started strong and ended even stronger. You are always a great actor and, to me, you have nowhere else to go but up. Please be healthy and stronger and come back with greater projects. Looking forward to see you on the screen again. Fighting!!

@jenappelle

Dear Kang Ji Hwan Shi

I am an overseas fan from South East Asia.

I have liked you since Children of Lesser God and hereafter Feel Good to Die. To me you have a transformative performance this year, and you touched a lot of our hearts with your performance.

Numbers does not mean everything. It does not mean that your acting is bad or lacking. There is a lot of things outside your control. In our lives even if we succeed it does not mean we gets noticed for our efforts. You said it best yourself that “one person who is worth a hundred persons. To me even if you touch one person heart only with your performance, that is a great acting from you. And everyone knew that you have touched more than one person heart.

Baek Jin Sang heals us. And taught us a lot of things we take it for granted. He let me believes that even our worst aspects could be changed. Each week from overseas we waited for Wednesday to come, we cheered and worried for Baek Jin Sang. We laughed when he acts cute. We cried when he cried, and hurt when he is rejected, and we feel sorrow when he realizes that he hurts Hyun Joong and begs for forgiveness; and also when Rooda dies.In our heart we knew that Kang Ji Hwan has worked very hard to make each scene so believable that Baek Jin Sang comes to life. There is too much examples for me to list it all out, for one, Baek Jin Sang emotions when Rooda’s left him a message, when he heard Rooda’s death is very believable and touching to a lot of us.

And the whole drama is so healing and inspiring, that it teaches us not to ignore and get in touch with someone around us. We all have made friends because of the drama and care more about each other beacuse of the drama and because of Baek Jin Sang and Lee Rooda

A person is never too old for anything. I saw you grow into an even better actor within the span of one year. No one is ever old. Everyone is capable of exceeding themselves despite their ages when they put their mind and heart on it.

You are a great actor, especially to me. Each of your character convinces me that it’s a person comes to life. You have touched the hearts of people around the globe, even though you have not hear it before. And we have no reason to give you biased praises. There is a lot of comments, from Twitter, Soompi, Mydramalist, Douban, Weibo, Insta – all praising you, in different languages that you do not speak and hence will not be seen.

I wish you the best and wished from all my heart that you find what you love and enjoy what you do. In terms of acting you have everything you need and just need to wait for the right opportunity. You don’t need anything else to prove your worth, just try your best and be wise, and don’t give up. Do seek help, or anyone know if you are down. We are willing to lend an ear to you.

Esther: 

Actually, a lot of your dramas has good ratings. Its not just Geum Soon, but also Gil Dong, Incarnation of Money and Monster has great ratings. Mr Kang Ji Hwan is absolutely capable of increasing the rating of a drama as a male lead. You must remember this (point). Baek Jin Sang is really a great character. Ratings doesn't mean everything. The way the drama could express healing properties and energies to people's heart is not something that mere numbers (ratings) could express. In addition, Baek Jin Hee also won an award, hence the TV station (KBS) does recognise this drama.

xprosperity

I'm going to post my thoughts here, I sincerely hope that he feels better and stronger for the new year. It is entirely not his fault that the drama didn't "perform" to the highest standards. He was a great actor, and I've been recommending this drama to friends who wanted a lively romcom genre/office series. Every friend I've recommended to so far has loved it and said was relaxing to them, especially with the moving plots about a mean boss, revolting workers, and a working mom.

Speaking of Jin-sang's character, it is an easy character to portray either- I think most can agree on that. The character goes from being the one of the harshest persons of the show to one of the nicest and undergoes a series of change that not any actor can show. While watching the show, it also brought me back to the job where I am now and because of the drama and Jin-sang's character change (the motivation of "If he can, then I can too," I aim to become a better person to other employees.

Several scenes that was particularly moving to me would definitely be the hospital scene where Jin-sang cries as he slides onto the ground; right after where the doctors tell him that Roo-da has died. I definitely cried a lot there and couldn't recover (emotionally) for a while. Secondly, it would be Jin-sang visiting Hyejung in the hospital, holding her hands and telling her that if he could have both Hyejung and Roo-da back that it would be wonderful. As Jin-sang cried and the words inside of the diary went away, I really said to myself: "The emotions of the character.... I really feel it and it's because of the successful portrayal of the actor."

With any drama, there's bound to be people who like it and people who don't. I think it's solely vital to understand that without you, there would be no Baek Jin-sang: the character who we followed through his personality journey and altercations to see true changes which reflect our selfish, usual, and humanistic self that can ultimately change for the better

Waiting for two left

11 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

@jenappelle our post is below his letter.  http://m.cafe.daum.net/withTG/Kjjr/141?svc=cafeapp

I use same nickname with soompi, if you find me please message me there. We're quite stick out like sore thumb, because we're the only one using English lol. 

Btw 1 post comment below the letter is limited to 300 characters only fyi. Not sure about bulletin board though. 

Also if you do need any help let me know Chingu. Cheers!

Hold your horses sire.:D We must go in with a valid strategy.  I don't think the translation will come in today so what should I do there? Is there an upvote? Or do you want me to comment (what kind of comments?).

We do need some help in Korean. @selenette does not have sufficient knowledge in informal polite form so it will help if someone could help us amend the translated comments.  

I am more and more convinced that there is no way we could be KJH fans without learning Korean. 

3 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

@jenappelle Some fan there do can speak English and she give me warm welcome to just join us, even i dont know Korean. Btw i saw you now chingu. Great! hahaha...

P.s. So sorry if Hangul i give up too LOL. @selenetteall the best to you. Dont be too stress hahaha... 

Oh what kind of warm welcome? Can elaborate more?

I think one person per comment and me and you (and other users) with accounts need to help post.

For posts more than 300 words, what will be advisable? post in new comment or make it as a reply? Can you see which one is a more viable option in mobile? 

There is another comment for me to translate (from another language) so its keeping me up. Your comments made me laugh so I am glad for it.

9 minutes ago, jenappelle said:

Oh what kind of warm welcome? Can elaborate more?

I think one person per comment and me and you (and other users) with accounts need to help post.

For posts more than 300 words, what will be advisable? post in new comment or make it as a reply? Can you see which one is a more viable option in mobile? 

There is another comment for me to translate (from another language) so its keeping me up. Your comments made me laugh so I am glad for it.

I posted in English by name 

Nohatranslator

@Lawyerh there are English comments in other posts. Don't worry.

9 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Oh she just said thanks for joining despite difficult to register to daum and were one family of KJH fans. 

For me, i post separately again if i already maxed out 300. Therefore it become 3 post for me and i also add @gm4queen picture. 

@nohamahamoud2002 yeah theres also chinese fans too speaking in english. And some in mandarin/japanese too in other post.

Btw for me i found its easier to use the Daum apps for handphone to navigate. But i need to use google translate more. Just click right copy, and translate automatically. 

Thats great. I was worried because KJH did not speak English well apparently (think he has a translator with him when he was in US)

If you are using chrome browser in mobile:

Click Settings --> Languages --> Offer to translate pages in other languages (if Korean is part or your preference to show in native language please untick).  So it will translate to English

Yes I saw some posters in Mandarin and I am quite sure a few are from Japan. He has a rather decent fanbase in Japan due to him able to speak in Japanese.  He didnt speak Mandarin well so they might as well as communicate in English.

Yes I think we should split posts. Just that we need to label them as part 1, 2, 3 (really need to google part in Korean)

19 hours ago, jenappelle said:

Thats great. I was worried because KJH did not speak English well apparently (think he has a translator with him when he was in US)

If you are using chrome browser in mobile:

Click Settings --> Languages --> Offer to translate pages in other languages (if Korean is part or your preference to show in native language please untick).  So it will translate to English

Yes I saw some posters in Mandarin and I am quite sure a few are from Japan. He has a rather decent fanbase in Japan due to him able to speak in Japanese.  He didnt speak Mandarin well so they might as well as communicate in English.

Yes I think we should split posts. Just that we need to label them as part 1, 2, 3 (really need to google part in Korean)

Using machine translation to Korean is not wise because of honorifics :( and I think our concern and care conveys the message. We are doing our best

I’ve shorten mine (not so much but hope it helps!), thanks so much @jenappelle @selenette! Fighting chingus!

@angiedramadive If Beak Jin Sang was a dream role for every actors then for me, an audience, be able to observe and feel his existence is a dream like experience. 

Just like actors, we audience are always seeking for a meaningful story that touches our heart, wakes up our closed emotion, challenges our thought and eventually, helps us realize the true meaning of living. 
Our world is becoming more and more materialistic. More instant stories just to ease the emptiness and insecurity. More laugh and tear jerkers, more popular faces, more calculations and more inhumanity. However, your performance in Feel Good To Die gifted me the genuine emotion that rarely find elsewhere. 
The feeling Baek Jin Sang gave out was so raw and true that i hardly realize he was just a work of imagination. This performance just reaches a whole new level of subtle acting and for that, you’re not just talented but genius! So, be proud, Kang Ji Hwan actor-nim!

Ps: The grief for Ruda at the hospital was breathtaking, i was so shocked at my feeling and actually need a couple of hours to recover from the pain! 

Hi all

A japanese fan said there is a thread for foreginers so you could post your original comments and wait for someone to translate + post. I have a twitter pic sent by the said fan but i am unable to link it here. Anyone has twitter + upload function so that i could post?

Edit: the steps:

1) Go to http://cafe.daum.net/withTG/9yft , there is a panel on the left indicated for "foreigner"<-' label, below "With TG" &"Freeboard"

2) There is a pencil button on middle with the word 글쓰기, click it and post in english

According to mwさん, they will translate it. However she is not sure how long will it takes. @Lawyerh @nohamahamoud2002

Archived