Quantcast
jinkzzmec

Kang Ji Hwan 강지환

@jenappelle What about, instead of asking the kfans to translate, we use my messy translations and ask them to check the results? I'm asking you if it's wise. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, selenette said:

@jenappelle What about, instead of asking the kfans to translate, we use my messy translations and ask them to check the results? I'm asking you if it's wise. 

I think some korean fans in cafe is quite nice too and can speak english. I just chipped in my 2 cents, i think its good idea to ask them to check. But of course need to wait my 2 boss @jenappelle & @nohamahamoud2002 to comment hahaha....

Btw @selenette im impressed with your self learnt, i also already bought korean book and download several apps and hopefully slowly can pick up some skill. This soompi forum is full with great people and inspired me a lot. The fan cafe also have a lot of positive aura and quite welcoming to us foreigner. Despite of having language barrier.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

The fan cafe also have a lot of positive aura and quite welcoming to us foreigner. Despite of having language barrier

They love KJH that is why they feel how good it is to have international fans  :) 

Btw our English posts are very clear among all Korean posts

They catch more attention because they are very few, which is an advantage 

I have very high hopes that KJH will view them. Although you say he is not fluent in spoken English but I think he may understand simple written English 

Addicted fans like you and me should register in cafe daum. You managed to make it despite hating computer. :) it is good to follow KJH chingus. Refer to my earlier post here I explained in detail how to register 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, selenette said:

Hmm. Is it formal polite? Does it feel standoff ish if it is written in such language? If its fine just translate first, let me and other figured out how we should proceed. 

I think its a good idea, just that the number of posts may be worrying (? are they nice enough to translate?)  I am digging around to check.   @mworca (Our Japanese KJH fan here) said there seems to be a translator board for translation although she never used it before.

Its best if we put some note upfront: (Btw feel free too contribute everyone) @Lawyerh

1) Our Korean is not good (we may need to attach the original post in english)

2) We may also need to explain that the posts are from a collaboration project between overseas members to cheer KJH up

Either we put in a smaller post in first (eg Heidi's post length is short so I am thinking of putting that). But we do really need to break the posts into batches.

I am reading one of the instruction posts in Chinese now and I hope I can find some clues here. They definitely did mention to the fans to post in English if there are any questions.

• Like 4

@Lawyerh Do you remember the link where there is translation being made? The Chinese post is pretty much referring to application board.

So there are two boards - foreigner and freeboard. Also, KJH has posted around 3 (?) times there during the shooting.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, jenappelle said:

@Lawyerh Do you remember the link where there is translation being made? The Chinese post is pretty much referring to application board.

So there are two boards - foreigner and freeboard. Also, KJH has posted around 3 (?) times there during the shooting.

Foreigner board

http://m.cafe.daum.net/withTG/9yft?boardType=

I think you/ your friend mentioned its where the post get translated. But so far i see mostly is in Japanese, and i dont see anything get translated. Plus i just realized, it seems i dont even have write post access here. 

Freeboard 

http://m.cafe.daum.net/withTG/301Q?boardType= 

Me and Noha normally use this to make a post (no limit).

KJH letter board 

http://m.cafe.daum.net/withTG/Kjjr?boardType=

We also comment before on his letter (300 chars limit). 

There is also one liner Fan comment too.

http://m.cafe.daum.net/withTG/PqF?boardType=C

I think its used to give short comment to KJH. I not sure whats the limit of this. 

I can try ask other member again if any translation help checking can be done by anyone? Or if any translation help provided by the cafe. I update you guys again if i know anything. 

• Like 5

UPDATE

I've translated four messages (three are finished, one is still unfinished). As you can see here, the sentences are much simplified, very stiffly formal, and very much shortened. Feel free to read. I took some liberty in adding Angie's nationality. I think everyone should say where they come from, like Heidi. I also didn't add the "fighting" word after the message since with formal language it sounds out of place. 

I addressed Kang Ji-hwan as Kang Ji-hwan ssi (the way reporters usually address actors and actresses), since "dangshin" (you) is very very improper for the time being. But I'm not sure how the other, newer kfans address him...maybe we should check it out first. 

@Heidi Seow

말레이시아에서 인사드림니다. 저는 강지환씨울 "빅맨"으로부터 알았지 , "죽어도좋아" 대해 좋아합니다. "뱈진상" 매우 현실적인 인물이었다. "타임 루프" 드라마에서 새로운 주제입니다. 도전에 나섰기 때문에 기쁩니다. 등급이 모든 것을 의미하는 것은 아닙니다. 강지환씨 는훌륭한 일을 해냈습니다. 잠시 쉬셔서 나중에 다시 오십시오.

@angiedramadive

베트남아에서 인사드림니다. 요즘 시청자는 마음을 열어주는 의미있는 이야기를 찾습니다.세상은 점점 유물 론적으로 변하고 있습니다.많은 이야기가 공허를 채우기 위해 존재합니다. 단지 웃음을 위해, 그리고 명성을 위해서입니다.강지환씨는 진품이었고 드물었습니다. 저는 "뱈진상" 단지 가상의 인물이라는 것을 잊었다.연기는 매우 미묘했습니다.자신을 믿으십시오. 강지환씨는 재능 있고 천재적입니다.이루다에 대한 그의 슬픔은 놀라웠습니다. 나는 너무 충격을 받았다. 회복하는데 시간이 걸렸다.

@Lawyerh

저는강지환씨는새로운 팬이다."뱈진상" 강지환씨을위한 캐릭터이었습니다.캐릭터의 발전과 감정이 묘사되었습니다.캐릭터의 발전과 감정이 묘사되었습니다. "죽어도좋아은" 1 위의 드라마입니다.저는이 강지환씨을 당신의 최고의 업적으로 생각하기를 바랍니다. 강지환씨게서, 저는 최선을 다하는 법을 배웁니다.

@phoenix24

"뱈진상" 굉장했습니다. 시청자는이 캐릭터를 싫어했지만 나중에는 그를 좋아했습니다. 시청자의 마음을 바꿨습니다. 많은 시청자가 쇼에 다시 참여하고 있습니다. 일부 시청자는 시즌 2 투표하고 있습니다.

I will translate the rest tomorrow. Believe it or not, even these short messages have dried up my brain :joy:. I really need to take a proper course. You see here is my method: 

English--> simplifying it-->machine (grammar testing)--> dictionary-->machine 2-->Grammar blogs etc, dictionary--> translate. 

For each sentence. 

Edited by selenette
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

I laughed at your comment @selenetteabout take liberty @angiedramadive. Looks good chingu you really working hard for it, thanks so much!! I think the shorten version of yours is even better than my original :lol:. Sure i let the team know again if got any update if any help checking can be done. And i havent asked about proper way to address him, ill try to ask around tommorow. Good night chingu. Have a good rest!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Let's create a Lang 8 account @selenette ( I have one so we can start from there but my acquaintances may look at the spike in korean posts baffling :D). Lang 8 is a place where you can ask people to review your sentences/essays. We can put line by line and some stuff can be machine translated if not entirely sure (with some modifications).

Let me ask her I need to find the message from the cnetz again, but she said before something like Star - Sama (Sama is a honorific term in Japanese, I am not sure what is the exact korean word used)

However, we do need to correct entries made by others to collect points (this is not an issue for me).

We can either do this approach: @selenette@Lawyerh

1) Post part of the essay (doable for those messages that are difficult to translate) but redact some of the more personal details ie name, circumstances. We might need to be very clear that this is intended for comforting messages given to another person from start.

and/or

2) Post part of the sentences that are difficult to translate

Edit: I need you to write a simple message for point 1 (can you advise whether point 1 is sufficient to express what we want?) and also these words " My Korean is still poor"

3) At the same time do look around to see what is the exact location for translation posts to be made, whether we can create a huge thread for asking for a translation.

I am still translating @mworca's message so it might take some time to response.

• Like 3

@selenette @jenappelle thanks for the trans, you guys sum up my message well :P and it’s ok to add my nationality haha.

I think beside the Korean ver messages, we should add the eng ver.

1. It’s better for him to know there’s a lot of people from around the world recognize his talent, espcially via this drama.

2. Maybe he would consider more ways (twitter, IG, FB with eng language) to communicate with foreign fans (everything about KJH are mostly in Korean now :tears:).

ps: i’m now more active on twitter (with the mission of promoting KJH to international fans :lol:). I’ve started with posting memes of FGTD :joy:. If you guys have time, let’s have fun together there also!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

@selenette If you want I can help sent in some of the messages in now. I have requested some help on @mworca message on Lang 8 with a few personal details amended.

I am glad he is going out for events but still, if his mood persists for so many years I doubt these attendances meant that his issues are resolved. I really hope he gets help.

@angiedramadive Yes please. Also can we add a wikia/tumblr/blog/compilation page for all those background/small details in FGTD?

And prob we could form a dlist in twitter.

I think the strategy are (feel free to modify/add)  @nohamahamoud2002@Lawyerh

1. Post where the poster comes from
  2. Said that we have collected/prepared from fans around the globe for days to get our msg translated hence the delay
  3. Message
  4. Attach image message in the original language the post is written in.(Please suggest good image converter)
  5. End the last message in korean + native language (eg Fighting + native language)

• Like 3

Part 1 - 2.1 

@mworca

First, with regards to this drama, I wished to tell Mr Kang Ji Hwan that no TV dramas can only be supported by one character alone. Any TV dramas would need other supporting characters to establish a story. Naturally, its immeasurable to me that your pressure of being a protagonist of a drama is high. It's also immeasurable to me the pressure felt by you compared to your previous works' ratings.

I feel that Mr Kang Ji Hwan  is incredible to say these words “I will take on all responsibilities”. If I were you, I would have given up easily.

I am proud of you that you did not complain and work hard towards the end.

Because of your willingness to take up responsibilities, I feel that this drama is able to finish shooting successfully with others. I feel that your performance is very appealing.

How do you feel now? If you still feel depressed,  do let us know and we will be happy to help.

If you still blaming yourself now, you will feel exhausted because of the pain. What about taking a rest?

Moreover,  if your feelings become unbearable, try to express and confide your feelings will do you good.

I am also very depressed, but since I start twitter, expressing myself and talking to myself more, my mood becomes much more better.

No matter how much you express yourself of your negative feelings, there will always be fans willing to listen over and over again and able to accept it anytime.

Regardless, don't just bear all of the stress and pain alone.  

Original text:

Spoiler

まず、今回の作品について、カン・ジファンさんに言いたいことは、どのドラマもキャラクター1人で成り立つことはありえません。

どのドラマも、主人公以外のキャラクター達がいるからこそ、話は成り立つのです。

もちろん、主人公として抜擢されるということがどれ程のプレッシャーを感じるのか、私には計り知れないものです。

そして、過去に出演されたドラマやそれら出演作品の視聴率と比較されることになるでしょうから、この視点からのプレッシャーも、私には計り知れません。

『自分が全責任を負うべきもの』と考えることが出来るカン・ジファンさんは、凄いと思います。私なら、すぐ投げ出していたと思います。それくらい、あなたの演技には魅力があると感じています。

弱音も吐かず、最後まで頑張ったカン・ジファンさんのFANであることを、とても誇りに思います

そういう考え方が出来ているから、このドラマも最後まで皆と力を合わせて撮影を終えることができたのではないかな?と私は思っています。

今は、どのような状況でしょうか。もし、また苦しくなった時には知らせてもらえると嬉しいです。

もし、今でも自分を責める自分がいたら、苦しいばかりで疲れるでしょうから、とにかく休憩してみてはいかがでしょうか。

そして、気持ちが辛くなったら、いつでもどこにいてもその気持ちを吐き出してみることも良いと思います。

私もすぐ落ち込みますが、ツイッターを始めてから、自分の気持ちを呟くことでかなり気持ちが和らぐようになりました。

「カンハムサ」では、何度も愚痴をこぼしても、何度でも聞いてくれるファンは必ずいると思います。何度でも受け止めてくれるファンは必ずいると思います。

どうか、一人で悩みや痛みを抱え込まず、分かち合える場所があると思ってもらえると嬉しいです。

@selenette I found out that baidu translate is much more accurate for Japanese/Chinese-English translation. A few sentences made by mworca doesn't make sense in google/bing translate and dictionaries, and I have independently verified with the folks at Lang 8. Here is the link https://fanyi.baidu.com/#en/kor/

I have included a copy of the machine trans for English/Korean. Let me know whether its the case so that we could reduce some workload. Also let's just stick to the proper way of calling him first. Apparently KHS fans called him 教主(she cant recall the hanja/hangul used but apparently its 교주 gyoju??)

Btw there is a sister web, hinative which is more geared towards asking questions. You might consider register it for short questions.

Spoiler

우선 이 연극에 관해서, 나는 강지환 씨, 어떤 드라마도 하나의 캐릭터만으로 지지할 수 없다는 것을 알려주고 싶다.어떤 드라마도 다른 조연들이 필요하다.물론 연극 주연의 스트레스가 매우 높다는 것을 나는 짐작할 수 없었다.나의 이전 작품의 시청률에 비하면 느끼는 스트레스도 가늠할 수 없다.

나는 강지환씨가 “ 모든 책임을 질 것이다 ” 라고 하는 것은 불가사의한 것이다.내가 너라면, 나는 쉽게 포기할 거야.

내가 너를 위해 무슨. 아니, 열심히 일을 불평했다.

네가 책임을 지고 싶어하기 때문에, 나는 이 연극이 성공적으로 합작할 수 있다고 생각한다.나는 너의 연기가 매우 매력적이라고 생각한다.

지금 기분이 어때?만약 네가 여전히 매우 우울하다.   우리 알고, 우리는 기꺼이 제공할 것입니다.

아직도 네가 아직도 자신을 책망한다면 고통으로 기진맥진할 것이다.좀 쉬어요. 어때요?

또한 당신의 느낌이 참을 수 없다면 표현과 신뢰를 표현해 볼 수 있는 느낌은 당신에게 도움이 될 것입니다.

나도 매우 실망했지만, 내가 트위터를 시작하고 자신을 표현하고 자신과 대화하는 것이 더 많고, 내 마음이 더 좋아졌다.

당신이 자신의 부정적인 느낌을 어떻게 표현하든, 어떤 팬들은 한 번 다시 한 번 귀를 기울여 듣고, 언제든지 받아들일 수 있습니다.

어쨌든 말고 그냥 모든 고통을 참을 스트레스, 혼자.

Edited by jenappelle
Forgot to use the correct hanja for kjh, also msg update
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@jenappelle just quick update. No translation provided by cafe. So the fan suggested to put both korean & english original comments like your idea before. About edit picture & text for me i normally use pixlr in phone. I think theres a lot simple & easy apps to use. If its not required too many effects etc. I think depend on the how many comments etc, we can divide between three of us to edit etc? 

@selenetteThe fans call actor Kang Ji-hwan as oppa, ji hwan nim, ji hwan ssi, actor nim and so on. The official word is not dangsin. A polite expression for a conversation partner or other person can be done by putting ssi and nim at the end of the name or position. The fan help me on your question on how to address our beloved KJH. 

Edited by Lawyerh
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

@jenappelle just quick update. No translation provided by cafe. So the fan suggested to put both korean & english original comments like your idea before. About edit picture & text for me i normally use pixlr in phone. I think theres a lot simple & easy apps to use. If its not required too many effects etc. I think depend on the how many comments etc, we can divide between three of us to edit etc? 

Sorry chingus I am going to disappear for a while because I am back to work and things are not smooth. I won't be able to participate in your KJH cafe daum activity so plz consider registering to be with @Lawyerh and @jenappelle. I just browse the cafe from time to time to know if KJH is getting any better. But I'm tired now so I hope you can make it at the end.

For those of you who didn't know how to to register , I explained in English text inside the images ,  translating the Korean words 

• Like 4

On 1/12/2019 at 12:02 AM, Lawyerh said:

I think some korean fans in cafe is quite nice too and can speak english. I just chipped in my 2 cents, i think its good idea to ask them to check. But of course need to wait my 2 boss @jenappelle & @nohamahamoud2002 to comment hahaha....

Btw @selenette im impressed with your self learnt, i also already bought korean book and download several apps and hopefully slowly can pick up some skill. This soompi forum is full with great people and inspired me a lot. The fan cafe also have a lot of positive aura and quite welcoming to us foreigner. Despite of having language barrier.

Damn I envy you for making friends so easily :) . Do you have a twitter account? We are much more active over here but there are advantages in using soompi as its more personalised (and type longer). 

You should see some of the posts made by selenette on Korean. Really inspired me to pick up Korean sooner. How far along are you on Korean?

@jenappelle just quick update. No translation provided by cafe. So the fan suggested to put both korean & english original comments like your idea before. About edit picture & text for me i normally use pixlr in phone. I think theres a lot simple & easy apps to use. If its not required too many effects etc. I think depend on the how many comments etc, we can divide between three of us to edit etc?

Thanks a lot for your hard work. :D . Lets use pixlr. There is no need for any effect. I just want him to know, there is a lot of people support him and unfortunately we cant speak Korean you know. So some of the posts can be posted by the users themselves (esp those users who are not in soompi and mworca who has an account)

Yo u are not missing out any (as of now) on the  Foreigner - Japanese posts.Some of the posts are related to membership fees (you need to ask @mworca for that) . They did have some perks as Children of Lesser God DVD is issued to Japan market. 

@nohamahamoud2002 dont worry about us, just focus on your life :).

So some news update: (not really news just more details)

1) For Seoul Song Award, he wont go for red carpet, just one of the presenters for one of the Awards.

2) I saw it somewhere in the cafe that there are new photos released from FGTD for Japanese fans, one with a football (soccer) pic with him in character as Baek Jin Sang (Damn you for being Arsenal fan)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@jenappelle i just use twitter for curiousity. I never tweet one single line in my life haha... and yeah soompi have more freedom with no limits.

Thanks for your compliment, i enjoyed being in the cafe fan too, they all very welcoming. Regarding my korean, I just only start to learn the Hangul table. Haha... poor me. And that Hangul if mixed consonant & vowel also seems got rule, and i pretty confused already actually. But fighting chingu! 

@angiedramadive hows your Children of Lesser God going on? Finished? Managed to get good subtitles? Hes detective but got Fashion Week wardrobe collection (not that i complained of lol). I really like all his turtle neck / long coat there. 

@nohamahamoud2002 youre the best chingu ! Thanks for the link. Hes looking good everyone... the suit was nice with new hairstyle as well. He appeared with Go Ara. The winner is BTS i think its the most popular boyband in Korea. Im happy for him, good promotion indeed. 

Spoiler

Edited by Lawyerh
Add remarks.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the photos, guys.

I haven't continued the translation, will do so this Friday. He looks a bit thin but otherwise okay. We'll never know but let's hope for the best. 

• Like 2