37 members have voted

1. 1. Which songs are your favourites? Choose as many as you like

• Boys over Flowers / Paradise - T-Max
    • Full House / I Think I - Byul 
    • Temptation of Wife / I Can't Forgive - Cha Soo Kyung
    • Descendants of the Sun /  This Love - Davichi
    • Goblin / Stay with Me - Chanyeol & Punch
    • Itaewon Class / Start Over - Gaho
    • Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo / Can You Hear My Heart - Epik High feat. Lee Hi
    • Kill Me Heal Me / Auditory Hallucination - Jang Jae In feat. NaShow
    • School 2015 / Reset - Tiger JK feat. Jinsil
    • Bad Guy / Thorn Flower - Jung Yeop
    • Cinderella and Four Knights  / For You - BTOB
    • Healer / Eternal Love -  Michael Learns To Rock 
    • Faith / Carry On - ALi 
    • The K2 / Anemone
    • The Princess' Man /  Destiny
    • Fated To Love You / Goodbye My Love - nominated by partyon
    • Secret Garden / That Woman - nominated by partyon
    • Hospital Playlist / all the songs - nominated by partyon
    • Que Sera Sera / Wol Gwang - W&Whale - nominated by partyon
    • None / Something else. What?
  2. 2. Nominated:

• Goong (Princess Hours) / Perhaps Love - Howl & J Goong - nominated by partyon
    • Goblin / Round and Rounde - Heize feat. Han Soo Ji - nominated by partyon
    • Flower of Evil / Feel You (SHIN YONG JAE) (2F) - nominated by partyon
    • Heart to Heart / - nominated by partyon
    • Under the Skin / Sudden Case (案件突发)- nominated by mayanecho
    • One Spring Night OST / No Direction - Rachael Yamagata nominated by rocher22
    • Moon River OST / Seasons of Rain - Pets Seng nominated by rocher22
    • 6 Flying Dragons OST / Bang Won's Enterprising Spirit Instrumental nominated by rocher22
    • Hwarang / It's Definitely You by V and Jin from BTS - nominated by YongZura⁷
    • Our Beloved Summer / Christmas Tree by BTS V - nominated by YongZura⁷
  3. 3. Nominated:

• The Legend of the Blue Sea OST / You Are My World - Yoon Mi Rae nominated by CarolynH
    • Alchemy of Souls OST - nominated by LeftCoastOppa
    • True Beauty OST / Love So Fine - Cha Eun Woo (ASTRO) nominated by Learry
    • The Ghost Detective OST / Dream Me nominated by gm4queen
    • Angel Eyes OST / Run To You - Lasse Lindh nominated by larus
    • Find Me in Your Memory OST - nominated by Lmangla
    • Winter Sonata OST / My Memory - Ryu nominated by maribella
    • You're Beautiful OST / Without Words - Park Shin Hye nominated by Rollito Deprimavera
    • While You Were Sleeping OST / I Love You Boy - Suzy nominated by frozentundra
    • Descendants of the Sun OST / You Are My Everything - GUMMY nominated by lebeaucouple
    • Innocent Man OST / Really - Song Joong Ki nominated by STARSX
    • Heartstrings / Because I Miss You (Jung Yong Hwa of CN Blue) nominated by nohamahamoud2002
    • Devil Judge / nominated by Wuzetian

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/02/2023 at 04:22 PM

21 minutes ago, maribella said:

That particular time seemed to be full of miserably sad stories. Autumn in my heart was so sad and  my getting use to fauxest took some time. I don't remember watching summer scent. Winter sonata was so exasperatingly slow, you made coffee, came back and it was still the same scene. My first kdrama. But the acting was excellent, the scenery was gorgeous. I went to the island in fall, it wasn't as beautiful. I didn't notice a fancy hotel that they were building - just kdrama I guess. But after Autumn story, I saw the same actor in summer scent, oh no forget it. Stairway to heaven was so sad, windstruk - Jang Hyuk and Gina Jung- was heartbreaking, Damo made me cry, just so many sad ones. Can't remember their songs. Thank goodness for a happy ending in Dae Jang Geum.

part of me wonders how much it had to do with the national mood and economics. for example around the same time of "winter sonata' (2002), was "succesful story of bright girl" (2002) which had ratings of 40%!!!!!

Successful Story of a Bright Girl (TV Series 2002) - IMDb

nowadays, you would not find a story like that -- where the ML essentially goes bankrupt and then has to figure out what to do with his life and how to claw his way back. you wouldn't see the ugly side of being broke and being completely confused on what to do next. the drama itself hit a chord because this was right after the Asian Financial Crisis (1997-1998) where many families were hit financially. after recovering from the Asian Financial crisis, we had the internet bubble burst in 2002 where US stock markets crashed and this did affect other economies as well.

so a part of me thinks the national mood itself was somber because people were struggling financially and were in uncertain times . so a lot of dramas from this time have quite a bitter and melodramatic sad edge to them. it was the season. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 4

6 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

so in most saeguks I watched, it is all modern music.

and yet @partyon is criticising empress ki :D

do you guys find this really terrible???

am i the only not thinking so? 

:D

also people thank you so much for all your videos/songs. i'm having a hard time deciding which songs to put in the poll, because there were a lot more nominations than places

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

18 minutes ago, agenth said:

also people thank you so much for all your videos/songs. i'm having a hard time deciding which songs to put in the poll, because there were a lot more nominations than places

no worries; don't add any of them - hahahahah :lol:... I don't think these are popular dramas and so it won't be in many people's list. I was just randomly in the mood to write and am surprised that I managed to share because I find it difficult to write about music since I don't have training or sufficient knowledge. I can hear some things and know what I like but I find it hard to put into words. 

18 minutes ago, agenth said:

it is kind of bad. :sweatingbullets: doesn't fit saeguk really. 

• LOL 5

Speaking of sageuks.

Who doesn`t know Nocturne. I don`t know if it was a song written for this drama or it was used in this drama also. Many singers sung this song.

Bicheonmu ost

Jumong OST

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

Kim Dong Ryul `s song have been the OST in a few dramas. I can`t say that I listen often Kim Dong Ryul`s songs. They give a sad, nostalgic vibe, like narating a story through a song. There not many singers/composers like him.

My love Eun Dong ost

MV - Autumn Shower OST

Spoiler

Architecture 101 OST

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

Glad to see that the Goong song is popular. :heart: It's one of my favorites, and brings me back to my first years of watching dramas. Here I attach a few songs that I really liked at the time and added them to my playlists, playing them over and over :lol: :

My lovely Lee Hong Ki and the ANJells:

Spoiler

Go Mi Nam!!

My fave from the Boys over flowers OST:

Spoiler

I also loved the Gumiho drama and this song:

Spoiler

I know that many people didn't like Big, but this song is **chef kiss**:

Spoiler

I turned into a fan of Lee Jong Suk and Lee Bo Young here, and loved this song:

Spoiler

From the work of art that was Misaeng, loved loved the OST:

Spoiler

From W, which I also loved:

Spoiler

And finally, who doesn't remember Kim Bok Joo and Joon Hyung lying together on the rooftop bed the under the stars:

Spoiler

And I'm going to stop because now I'm remembering too many songs and cannot put them all here, haha!!

:heartxoxo:

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

Oh, I've got some!

Suzy's I Love You, Boy from While You Were Sleeping

Spoiler

April 2nd's Hill of Yearning, from Crash Landing on You

Spoiler

Sigriswill from Crash Landing

Spoiler

Mun Seongnam's This Life from Because This is My First Life

Spoiler

Isaac Hong's Pain, from Happiness

Spoiler

Big Naughty's Love Letter, Alchemy of Souls

Spoiler

Saya and Ki Kiwon's Happy End, from Romance is a Bonus Book

Spoiler

And well, probably lots of others that hopefully other people have already mentioned. :)

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

@Lmangla, I love the OST from Find Me in Your Memory!

Some of y'all have awfully long drama histories, gosh! I've got a lot of years and a lot of dramas under my belt, but nothing like the collection here.

A couple more that are memorable but wordless tracks:

First Love, from Goblin:

Spoiler

And Brotherly Love, from Pinocchio. This one STILL gets me every time.

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

My All time favourite song - Descendants of the Sun by Gummy - You are my Everything (English version is better than the korean one) it was so powerful whenever my phone rings, all my friends and strangers who walk passed,  will look at my phone and asked me about this ringtone :D... the singer is so powerful, like whitney houston :heart:

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

@CarolynH @LeftCoastOppa @maribella @lebeaucouple @Lmangla @Rollito Deprimavera @STARSX @frozentundra @larus @Learry @gm4queen

We have included one nomination per person in the poll above. We chose the ones with the most views on YouTube. :wub:

Interesting that LIKE @agenth some people ONLY nominated OSTs from dramas with their oppas....

:notsureifserious:

im-not-gonna-name-names-dont-want-to-cal

On 5/27/2023 at 9:52 AM, Lmangla said:

in one interview, he was asked how he managed to convey that grief so well and move audiences in the drama -- his answer was that as a father of 3 boys himself, he just thought of what a parent would feel in that kind of situation and he naturally chocked and felt tears. 

This is true sweetie, but a small correction. Jang Hyuk has 2 boys and 1 girl. :kiss_wink: His wife was actually pregnant with his youngest child (the girl) while he was filming Fated To Love You, and Jang Nara predicted (correctly) that he was going to be the dad of a girl.

Fun fact 2: started rewatching Fated To Love You yesterday after 9 years. :yay:

On 5/27/2023 at 1:01 PM, agenth said:

giphy.gif

On 5/27/2023 at 1:19 PM, Lmangla said:

it is kind of bad. :sweatingbullets: doesn't fit saeguk really. 

Had to fight @agenth to include other dramas than just her oppa's in this poll. Empress Ki being no exception.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952lb56wutwizui9x42urj

• Like 6
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

18 hours ago, Rollito Deprimavera said:

My lovely Lee Hong Ki and the ANJells:

thank you, this song is indeed iconic, :D it introduced all the romantic scenes jhaha

8 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

.. the singer is so powerful, like whitney housto

she has a powerful voice. and she does great OSt songs, quite like Ailee, who I also put forth as having a great, distinctive voice for powerful tracks. 

also thanks to @partyon helping me to ensure more nominations placed in the poll! 

i'm also really loving all the suggestions as I'm listening to soundtracks that I even haven't seen the dramas for.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, partyon said:

This is true sweetie, but a small correction. Jang Hyuk has 2 boys and 1 girl. :kiss_wink: His wife was actually pregnant with his youngest child (the girl) while he was filming Fated To Love You, and Jang Nara predicted (correctly) that he was going to be the dad of a girl.

Fun fact 2: started rewatching Fated To Love You yesterday after 9 years.

oh I thought I rememebered reading it as 3 boys. maybe got confused with another actor. :D but yea, I remember that interview article after the series was finished and his specific comment. 

enjoy the re-watch. am also re-watching a fav dizi of mine after a few years and am all engrossed. 

• Love 4
  • Blob 1

*** My phone is filled with songs from my favorite K-dramas. Soundtracks including instrumental are vital as they set the mood for certain scenes. We cannot deny the influence these OSTs bring not only to the drama but to their viewers and fans. The musical score is sometimes the best part of any TV series. What truly make a Korean drama are the tracks that make its OST. However, some of them are just too slow to listen to. But, the OSTs of popular shows stay with the audience – I only listened to OST of dramas I'd already watched. This makes the song so much more memorable for me. I don’t listen to OSTs from a drama I haven’t watched unless it’s from an artist I really like. The reason why some bad shows are still memorable for me is because they have good OSTs. When I started K-pop then, I liked bright pop songs but, now I like to hear ballad songs more. I don’t really dig historical genres but, dramas (especially sageuk) have tons of excellent sad and heart-wrenching songs. It's agonizing but it's addictive. I also like the piano version of “Reason” from Autumn in My Heart and OSTs from Scarlet Heart, I still get goosebumps every time I listen to the songs from this

drama.  

:wut:

These are my favorite OSTs :

Boys Over Flowers’ “Paradise” and “Stand By Me” – I can’t complete this list without including these classic K-drama OSTs! When the chorus repeats for the song “Paradise”, I just can’t help but imagine the F4 dramatically walking into the school. The OSTs from this drama remain to be one of my favorites. I memorized the lyrics real hard, so I can sing along whenever I re-watched the drama or played the songs in my phone.

Descendants of the Sun’s “This Love” – This soundtrack is very popular. Many of the songs from this drama topped Korean music charts. That said, this drama has the reputation for having the most hit songs in the history of the industry. The drama is complemented perfectly by the ballads of the official soundtrack. But, the one that I love most is You Are My Everything by Gummy, which is not included on the list here.

Goblin’s “Stay With Me” and “Round And Round.”  After I listened to “Stay With Me”, I immediately fell in love with it. But, I love most is Beautiful by Crush. Many of the songs from the drama have gone viral. So, I’m not surprised to find these (2) songs make it to your list here. Some of the nicest instrumental tracks are from this drama.

Itaewon Class’  “Start Over” – I like the lyrics of this song. I also love Sweet Night by V. (not included on the list here, though). After I listened to it, it soon became one of my most played songs, the tune is so comforting. The drama was supported well by its OST. Perhaps the most popular of these is Sweet Night. I can’t think of a better lineup for an inspiring show such as these (2) songs.

Secret Garden’s “That Woman” - Baek Ji-young’s emotional vocals singing the song immediately reminisce me about the time I watched Secret Garden.

Hwarang’s “It's Definitely You” – I love this song by V and Jin of BTS.

On 5/27/2023 at 6:01 PM, agenth said:

and yet @partyon is criticising empress ki :D

@agenth  I love Empress Ki.  :sweet:

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1

3 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Turkish drama Kuzey Guney... OST

Does this Turkish drama also have a moustache oppa?

If it's one thing that we have learnt is that, all Turkish dramas have moustache oppas @Lmangla sweetie and Ms. Koko @kokodus fall in love with.

572620eca9bd7e3723db0ecc46f212f7.gif

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

am also re-watching a fav dizi of mine after a few years and am all engrossed. 

Because of a Turkish moustache oppa, no doubt.... :joy:

• LOL 6

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Does this Turkish drama also have a moustache oppa?

I think only two characters have moustaches.

1 hour ago, partyon said:

If it's one thing that we have learnt is that, all Turkish dramas have moustache oppas @Lmangla sweetie and Ms. Koko @kokodus fall in love with.

I think, in Turkish dramas, It is simply the standard of masculinity and beauty.

I personally dont like moustache oppas..  :D

Kuzey Guney OST

Fedakar ... OST

• LOL 4

@Lmangla Noona, "Goodbye My Love" was such a great yet sad song. As you said, one doesn't even need to know the lyrics, or Korean to feel what the song is conveying and that's what makes it a great song. I do remember listening to it for the first time while watching drama and instantly feeling sad. The timing of this song played in all the scenes where it played was perfect as well :eats:

Also I loved Bossam's OSTs overall. They were mostly a mix of modern and traditional songs and music :piggydance:

@larus Chingu, I totally agree with you that all of "When the Devil Calls Your Name" OST were great! I actually was able to complete the drama mainly because of the OSTs rather than the plot which was just fine. But then again, I think it supposed to have great OST since it was mostly a music themed drama.

On 5/27/2023 at 7:20 AM, maribella said:

Dae Jang Geum's song onara (?) was so memorable, I even remember it's name. But I can't remember Full house' songs at all.

You know what happens whenever you mention Dae Jang Geum? Yes, you impress LADY CHOI!

6b9cfa0244b4b0b711123e44b6166571--dae-ja

Talking about Onara, it is an epic soundtrack actually. The fact that they still use it in some drama/movie/variety show while showing someone cook just tells you how famous this soundtrack actually is!

Most of my favorite OSTs are already present here, so I am going to post a couple of instrumental pieces from Chuno instead.

This soundtrack still makes me sad, and for some reason also takes me back to September 2014 back when I first watched Chuno and heard this for the first time.

This one is another soundtrack that I loved in Chuno, and the best part for me is from 3:00 till 4:15 which is still sort of very similar to the above soundtrack. I still have that part from this soundtrack as my ringtone :exercice:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 3

19 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

You know what happens whenever you mention Dae Jang Geum? Yes, you impress LADY CHOI!

:hwaiting2:

I don't know if it was the show or simply the first few Korean shows  that I had watch. Everything was different from tye western shows that I grew up with.  
In DJG, there was not even one kissing scene!!!

I didn't like the solo version of Onara.

When I first caught Winter Sonata, my neighbour was watching it. I thought it was a Japanese show, never heard Korean before. Now I could even join in the polls. :lol:

I even learnt to play Memory.

• Like 1
  • Blob 3