[Drama 2024] The Queen of Tears / 눈물의 여왕 - Kim Soo Hyun, Kim Ji Won

Maetawinz

Episode 14 is like "wow". I did find it hard to watch since it was too much for me. But I do have to say KSH and KJW really nail their scenes. It's so real, I would think is this real.  I hope they win LOTS of awards for their powerful acting!

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

Episode 14 ended on Wow. The writer wrote a beautiful scenes and picked the right actors to play each role. 
Hae In family tried to threaten her so she can live but couldn’t do it. It took for Hyun Woo to break down for her to say she will do the surgery.  

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

There were draggy scenes aplenty but there were sweet moments. HI is a pretty woman so the camera focuses a lot on her face which makes it draggy. But the part where HW made her jealous was rather short when it was a turning point for her.

HW and HI’s father were set up by YES. As usual, it seemed strange that despite wealth and contacts, they were easy prey to scammers and crooks. Perhaps, money and privilege keep people like them too reliant on their helpers and become easy target, like grandpa Hong and Moh or Grace and HI’s mother.

The sweetest part for me was their video call to HI trying to convince her to take the surgery. There was much love, regrets, sadness and mostly helplessness.

The vile madame Moh and her psychotic son are very active. The more he tried with HI, the more he got slapped in the face by her love for HW.  Her recovery continues in the preview.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 14! :).

20240422003236_Kim-Ji-Won-Kim-Soo-Hyun-7

"Queen Of Tears" Heads Into Final Week On Its Highest Ratings Yet

Will “Queen of Tears” manage to set a new tvN record with its series finale next week?

On April 21, the popular romance drama soared to its highest viewership ratings yet ahead of its final two episodes. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Queen of Tears” climbed to an average nationwide rating of 21.625 percent, marking a new personal record for the series.

Notably, “Queen of Tears” fell just short of the 21.683 percent nationwide average earned by the series finale of “Crash Landing on You,” which currently holds the record for the highest drama ratings in tvN history

https://www.soompi.com/article/1656297wpp/queen-of-tears-heads-into-final-week-on-its-highest-ratings-yet

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

5 hours ago, littlemay said:

Episode 14 is like "wow". I did find it hard to watch since it was too much for me. But I do have to say KSH and KJW really nail their scenes. It's so real, I would think is this real.  I hope they win LOTS of awards for their powerful acting!

I agree.  I think the two leads are not getting enough compliments for their acting.  Their scenes together are amazingly realistic. Both do a lot of acting with their eyes, but KSH is exemplary at showing emotions just in his eyes.  KJW does a lot of small things with her mouth, which I have rarely seen anybody else do in drama acting, and it is all at appropriate times to convey something or other in what she feels.  I think she is just making expressions she makes in real life.  The times when each of them break down and cry is something to see. These two are essentially living their roles.  This is not acting; it is just living as the character.  Incredible, really. 

Though I said above that the episode was dragging from the story-line standpoint, it did not bore me at all because I was so engrossed in what emotional turmoil the leads were in.  Really, nothing much new had happened at that point when she changed her mind and decided to get the surgery, but their acting made us feel that it was natural for her to take so long to change her mind (even when opposing the surgery did not make that much logical sense) and it felt natural that she decided to do it at that point.  Basically she was going through a kind of deep confusion that was to be expected, and their realistic acting and the time the drama devoted to it all, made us feel that it was all very realistic - because we were also forced to feel their emotions.  I know, I am probably not making my point all that clear...  Tough to explain, but we can't deny that the two leads captivate us and drag us deep into the life they are living, at an emotional level.

• Blob 3

The writer spent so much time on the main couple’s relationship that she ignored the hospital scenes. She has to ignore it because try hard as  I want, my brain says, her hair is untouched after a major brain surgery? 
:hwaiting2:

Also her vital signs were not monitored? Where are the wires? So that when she wakes up the doctors and nurses will come running without the creep YES having to call them. No kdrama IV?:sweat_smile:

The preview showed that she had fully recovered when she ran into HW. But previews can be misleading. Need to wait for next week. That should be sweet to see her falling in love with HW again and perhaps bits of memory came back, such as her drowning memory and he saved her, not Moh’s son who claimed that he saved her.

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

20240422103101_Queen-of-Tears-tvN1.jpg?s

"Queen Of Tears" Cast And Crew In Talks To Go On Reward Vacation

\

The “Queen of Tears” team is in discussion to go on a reward vacation!

On April 22, an official from tvN’s “Queen of Tears” shared, “The reward vacation will be discussed after the drama concludes.”

Reportedly, there are also plans for the cast and crew to host an additional wrap party to celebrate the success of the series. Regarding this, the representative commented, “We are discussing the date for the additional [wrap party].”

Previously, the “Queen of Tears” team had already held a wrap party in February following the completion of filming for the drama.

Penned by “Crash Landing on You,” “My Love From the Star,” and “The Producers” writer Park Ji Eun, “Queen of Tears” tells the miraculous, thrilling, and humorous love story of a married couple who manage to survive a crisis and stay together against all odds. Kim Soo Hyun stars as Baek Hyun Woo, the legal director of the conglomerate Queens Group, while Kim Ji Won plays his wife Hong Hae In, the chaebol heiress known as the “queen” of Queens Group’s department stores.

In its latest episode aired on April 21, the beloved drama achieved its highest viewership ratings yet; an average nationwide rating of 21.625 percent.

With only two episodes left until the conclusion of the drama, all eyes are on whether “Queen of Tears” will surpass the 21.683 percent rating record held by the finale of “Crash Landing on You,” currently the highest-rated tvN drama.

The last two episodes of “Queen of Tears” will air on April 27 and 28 at 9:20 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1656419wpp/queen-of-tears-cast-and-crew-in-talks-to-go-on-reward-vacation

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

Final Week Poll

QueenofTears_Ep14_4-e1713716802791.jpg&f

Chingu-yas, @maribella has designed a poll for us and you can find it on top of this page. :kiss_wink:

Do cast your votes before the final two episodes air. If you answer "Something else. What?", make sure to let us know who/what you think would be the best choice.

QueenofTears_Ep14_5-e1713717002350.jpg&f

Happy voting! :dorakiss:

tagging: @UnniSarah @jayakris @backstreetboysfan @littlemay @debbsthebee @sweetroad @Thong Thin @ktcjdrama @hush puppy @lebeaucouple @kingpin @Ameera Ali @ryanallright @Dinu M @scribbledjunkie @xiashenghan 

Also tagging @africandramalover because I'm guessing she's watching this. :glasses: 

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

Celebrating the success & the finale, tvN QueenOfTears team, including lead casts, will be having another wrap-up party on 27th. The pre-production drama actually had their wrap-up party in February but decided to have aother one following its success & discussing for a reward vacation.

• Like 1

I found it amazing on EP 14, she was alive and had a long hair after the surgery? isn't this a serious Brain tumor? No need to shave? Oh I forgot this is fairytale romantic comedy drama, 😁 Anything unrealistic including some flaws found in drama are acceptable.🤣😄

There were two sad scenes in EP 14 : the main lead couple were crying and arguing whether to do surgery outside the church, and the scene where KSY thought that the FL had a car accident........

People sometimes appreciate some actors and their acting only because of their portrayal of strong or complex characters. But the true mastery in acting skill often lies in the ability to evoke profound emotions even from ordinary or simple characters. And for KSY in this drama, didn't have a strong & complex character but it is the simplicity, depth, and authenticity of how he acts which are commendable. Even I would say the same about the heroine. She is beautiful and she chose the right role for herself in this show. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

People sometimes appreciate some actors and their acting only because of their portrayal of strong or complex characters. But the true mastery in acting skill often lies in the ability to evoke profound emotions even from ordinary or simple characters. And for KSY in this drama, didn't have a strong & complex character but it is the simplicity, depth, and authenticity of how he acts which are commendable. Even I would say the same about the heroine. She is beautiful and she chose the right role for herself in this show. 

Keen observation, and very well put. The male lead role was fairly straight forward, as he is a normal person and not a complicated character - yet he created so much of emotions in all his scenes by acting exactly like real people would react to the sad situations.  The female lead had to act as an unusual character, so if she got things wrong in her acting, the emotional content could be lost, and the audience would not have liked the character much.  She too aced the role, as though the actress is of a similar nature in her real life.  She had such a clear sense of what kind of a person Hae-In is, right form the start.  All in all, it has been a real pleasure to see these two leads' acting, and how they have carried a drama that was actually quite poorly made when it comes to everything else.

• Love 1

On 4/25/2024 at 5:53 AM, xiashenghan said:

The grandpa is dead but why is the evil witch still in power?

I wasn't paying close attention, but I think it is only because they need some time to do the paperwork to change authority, and her power of attorney probably holds till then.  Need to go back and check the portions of the last two episodes that I fast forwarded ...

Spoiler

Kim Soo Hyun Mounts A Counterattack To Return To Kim Ji Won's Side In

Kim Soo Hyun Mounts A Counterattack To Return To Kim Ji Won's Side In "Queen Of Tears"

tvN’s “Queen of Tears” has hinted at Kim Soo Hyun’s retaliation in the upcoming episode!

Penned by “Crash Landing on You,” “My Love From the Star,” and “Producer” writer Park Ji Eun, “Queen of Tears” tells the miraculous, thrilling, and humorous love story of a married couple who manage to survive a crisis and stay together against all odds.

Spoilers

In the previous episode of “Queen of Tears,” Baek Hyun Woo (Kim Soo Hyun) was arrested by Interpol on suspicion of murder, a conspiracy orchestrated by Yoon Eun Sung (Park Sung Hoon). Yoon Eun Sung also lied to the amnesiac Hong Hae In (Kim Ji Won), falsely accusing Baek Hyun Woo of being a murderer, creating a rift between them.

With news of his arrest spreading like wildfire, not only are the Queens and the Yongduri family plunged into despair and chaos, but also Baek Hyun Woo’s lawyer friends, including Kim Yang Gi (Moon Tae Yoo), find themselves in turmoil.

In the newly released stills, Baek Hyun Woo appears desolate in the detention center. His gaunt face hints at the immense emotional turmoil he has been grappling with.

Nevertheless, Baek Hyun Woo is not one to back down. With unwavering support from the Queen family, as well as from Kim Yang Gi and the lawyer Avengers, he embarks on a mission to reclaim his innocence. The question arises: what secret weapon does Baek Hyun Woo possess that will ultimately unveil the truth behind Yoon Eun Sung’s schemes?

queen-of-tears-15-2.jpeg

queen-of-tears-15-5.jpeg

On the other hand, the stills capturing Hong Hae In’s icy demeanor after her surgery also catch attention. Standing by Yoon Eun Sung, she exudes a sharp and chilly gaze, a stark departure from her former self.

queen-of-tears-15-1.jpeg

Spoiler

queen-of-tears-15-3.jpeg

Of particular note is the fact that even after undergoing surgery, Hong Hae In still exhibits signs of remembering Baek Hyun Woo, as his name was the first thing she uttered. The mystery deepens as to how her diary, entrusted to Baek Hyun Woo prior to her operation, might hold the key to unlocking her memories, and how her past efforts to retain her memories of him will come to fruition.

Spoiler

queen-of-tears-15-4.jpeg

The next episode of “Queen of Tears” airs on April 27 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1657647wpp/kim-soo-hyun-mounts-a-counterattack-to-return-to-kim-ji-wons-side-in-queen-of-tears

3 hours ago, ryanallright said:

Just saw the raw, would recommend everyone to watch both ep 15 & 16 if possible.

Do not watch today's ep 15 yet or you might be frustrated with the end of it. Be warned. LOL

Sensible warning, and now you have made everybody watch Ep 15 urgently :)

Actually the beginning portion is also quite frustrating in E.15.  Then it gets better, as things start turning around... Stuff seems to be looking really good for our favorite two leads by the end, and then we have the ending scene.  They really want Ep.16 to break all viewership records, for sure. LOL.

For goodness sakes, isn’t it enough to give YES and his evil mother the winning hand and HI being fooled by him? The climax should be the reunion between two people fated to be together. The final episode should be the tying up of loose ends for the other couples, backstories  and weddings!! 
But no, they have to introduce another thread and cliffhanger. Does it make sense? 
What will be the ending? It looked like some hunting ground. 

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 15! :).

20240427234611_Queen-of-Tears-Missing-Cr

"Queen Of Tears" Heads Into Finale On No. 1 Ratings + "Missing Crown Prince" Soars To New All-Time High

tvN’s “Queen of Tears” earned its highest

Saturday ratings yet ahead of its series finale!

On April 27, the popular romance drama achieved its highest viewership ratings to date for a Saturday, when its ratings are typically lower compared to Sundays. According to Nielsen Korea, “Queen of Tears” was the most-watched program of any kind to air on Saturday, when it scored an average nationwide rating of 21.1 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1657714wpp/queen-of-tears-heads-into-finale-on-no-1-ratings-missing-crown-prince-soars-to-new-all-time-high

• Like 1