Let's Have A Meal Together!

agenth

Chicken Soup GIF
no one mentioned samgyetang aka ginseng chicken soup?

:smashes:

it’s a dish I want to have daily if I could….so gooodddd. Just looking at it makes me happy - just like all the mouthwatering food pics I ve scrolled past in the last few minutes, including the pic of JCW and his *pec* of beer cans. 
:omg:

I want to ask a similar question- are those for real? I lost count after like 6 or 8….

not a muscle suit? Keke…

I also enjoy kongnamul gukbap aka bean sprout soup with rice inside it on cold, rainy days - the ultimate comfort food that is healthy and low fat. Heh.

I use this recipe…

https://www.maangchi.com/recipe/kongnamul-gukbap

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, rocat said:

Oh, I remember trying this in Korea. 
woman no GIF

37 minutes ago, rocat said:

I want to ask a similar question- are those for real? I lost count after like 6 or 8….

not a muscle suit? Keke…

Despicable Me Reaction GIF

Haven’t you seen his thighs in Youth MT? My oppa has a great body!!! :love: 

spacer.png

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, partyon said:

Haven’t you seen his thighs in Youth MT? My oppa has a great body!!!

Thighs…nope…my eyes don’t venture that low. 

*looks at @partyon*
How You Doin Reaction GIF by The Meredith Vieira Show

His whole Healer/K2 image crashed in Youth MT for me though he looks good in just about anything he does/wears. 

is that tattoo of his real? What huge hands. 

Korean GIF

Spicy cold buckwheat noodles (naengmyeon) are a North Korean specialty and are found everywhere in the South. Busan seems to have the best ones - awesome to have in the summer! 

hotteoks are my favourite fried snacks. The glorious oil that they insidiously come with…gahhhh….

:7555_attack:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 5

I have a love for Korean radish, so I'm happy it's used in a lot of food here. 

The two larger pictures (curry and pork cutlet) and the cold noodles (mul naengmyeon) I did not cook. I bought them in a restaurant. The kimchi (water/radish/cabbage), clam soup, and seaweed soup were all made by me. 

I probably eat Naengmyeon at least once a week during the summer. The liquid from water kimchi makes the perfect broth for it, so when I have time, I just make it at home. It's got a nice sour taste from fermentation, but I always add gyeoja (mustard paste) to give it a spicy kick.

I didn't cook the curry from the picture, but I cooked curry yesterday :lol: I'm kind of sad I didn't take a picture of it, though the plating from the restaurant is definitely better than anything I could make. 

spacer.png

All the food looks delicious, chingus. :wub:

Question for those who cook Korean food - do you have favorite food blogs/ websites that are authentic yet accessible?

For example, I love The Woks of Life for Chinese and Taiwanese food. They know what they're talking about! And their recipes are straightforward and pretty user-friendly, though I can't always find all the ingredients where I am.

Curious what some good go-to Korean recipe sites would be.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 5
  • Blob 1

8 hours ago, rocat said:

is that tattoo of his real? What huge hands. 

No, it's not real. :D  He does have a real tattoo on his leg though.

4 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

I'm kind of sad I didn't take a picture of it, though the plating from the restaurant is definitely better than anything I could make. 

Chingu, the way you describe your cooking, you definitely sound like a pro! :love:

I'm on this thread here trying to pretend I love food. :joy:

@sadthe1st @MayanEcho @Thong Thin and @LeftCoastOppa have done their best to make me excited about food (bless their hearts), but I still prefer pics of abs. 

:loolz:

• LOL 10

I would love to try bibimbap, kimbap and dumplings.  :unsure:

I have tasted ramyun and kimchi.  It was too spicy for me.  

Wok of Love

that was kind of sexy...    :D

wok-of-love-2pm-junho.gif

soompi

Bride of the Century

the mango cake looked so delicious  ( although I dont eat sweets )   :D

Bride of the Century - AsianWiki

The sweet potatoes...

Lee Hong Ki and Yang Jin Sung Pour on the Cuteness at Media Event for Bride of the Century | A Koala's Playground

• Like 1
  • Love 5
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

16 hours ago, CarolynH said:

What's your favorite actor/actress favorite food?  LMH:

I don' know but I have seen him cook ramyun and meat! I think he likes all kinds of food, he loves to eat and snack!

9b2f6e078d142f17c51f1531832f26b195febf52

on his youtube channel he has a few episodes where he cooked! he can make simple recipes but watching him eat is even tastier cos you can see how he enjoys his food!

12 hours ago, rocat said:

it's something i had a few times whenever i visited SK. i think it's nice enough but i actually crave other food more :D

1 hour ago, partyon said:

No, it's not real. :D  He does have a real tattoo on his leg though.

he actually has several tattoos. also on his hip, back, and underside of thigh! :D

5 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

I have a love for Korean radish, so I'm happy it's used in a lot of food here. 

radish-kimchi-kkakdugi.gif

i enjoy kkagduki a lot as a side dish! this and kimchi <3 

9 hours ago, rocat said:

His whole Healer/K2 image crashed in Youth MT for me though he looks good in just about anything he does/wears. 

ahhaha....

but he has a sweet personality! more like bong soo in healer i guess? 

he also appeared on a running man episode, so you could also see there how much effort he does but the end result is fail :D

spacer.png

• LOL 9

@agenth How did this thread turn into a Ji Chang Wook oppa thread, instead of a food thread? :loolz:

28 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

Bride of the Century

the mango cake looked so delicious  ( although I dont eat sweets )   :D

Btw, what happened to this actress? She was really good - seems she disappeared.... :sad1:

• LOL 9

On 10/2/2022 at 10:05 PM, lilyphenix said:

- The various ways to eat an egg! 

#

i forgot to mention how i love to put egg in my ramyum. it instantly makes the instant noodle soup fancier! and i loooove eggs too , especially the way the gif you posted, when its still a bit soft in the middle!

AcrobaticInstructiveCygnet-size_restrict

so easy to put egg into instant noodles even for such a person as me hahah!

what i also love, and wasn't mentioned yet, is RICE CAKES!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4i_FUlUA0ccpRIBB28a2

people think it's like mochi but it's MUCH MORe as there are so many variations of it!!

hangwa.jpg

10 minutes ago, partyon said:

@agenth How did this thread turn into a Ji Chang Wook oppa thread, instead of a food thread? 

wasnt me tv land GIF by YoungerTV

• LOL 9

*** Food plays a major role in Korean culture and is strongly present in Korean television like these K-dramas I’ve watched. Food is love, and so are the Food Korean drama series. Who doesn’t like exploring every corridor of food cuisine? Food is your permanent partner through everything. Happy? Celebrate with food. Stressed? Do stress eating. Sad? Cheer up with your favorite food. Angry? Let the food do its magic. It is simply like a hundred problems one solution. Food in South Korean dramas is one of the most alluring sights.   :cutekitty:

“Sweet Munchies” Watching the delectable dishes Jung Il Woo prepares and serves at his restaurant is sure to have your stomach growling! 

Sweet-Munchies.gif

Sweet Munchies

“Eccentric Chef Moon” Get ready to drool as you watch Chef Moon (Eric) whip up incredible dishes and show off his impressive knife skills. 

Eccentric! Chef Moon

"Itaewon Class" In the drama, this Sundubu Jjigae makes its appearance time and time again. This deliciously soft tofu stew and rich pork belly bathed in a spicy savory soup is Korean dish comfort food at its best. 

Sundubu Jjigae (Korean Soft Tofu Stew)

"It's OK To Not Be OKay" - this Jjangppong is seen in this drama. 

Jjamppong (Korean Spicy Seafood Noodle Soup)

"Legend of the Blue Sea" Bungeoppang: Remember the cute, deep fried fish-shaped snack in the drama? This is a sweet, satisfying red bean filled pastry that you just have to try. Not just because it's reminiscent to the drama, but also because it's delicious, and oh so satisfying. 

Spoiler

img.jpg

I've tasted these food - but, I can say that my favorite food is always Bibimbap. I always try this every visit to Seoul. This is widely available in restaurants, food courts, and street markets. Depending on region and ingredients used, bibimbap can be served as a meat-based or vegetarian dish. The most common bibimbap consists of warm rice topped with mixed vegetables, beef or chicken, and raw egg, as well as soy sauce and a dollop of chilli pepper paste for seasoning.   :rainbow:

Jajangmyeon: this is a popular Korean-Chinese dish often featured in K-dramas. Noodles dipped in black bean sauce. Jajangmyeon is popular in Korean households and are usually prepared during a celebration. 

Tteokbokki: this is a Korean snack popular with the street food crowd, and the traditional recipe features stir-fried rice cakes with chilli paste. Other flavors found in Tteokbokki include egg and fish cakes.

Honey Butter Chips: These chips are sweet from the honey and savory from the butter (featured in tons of K-Dramas)

Bulgogi: this is a marinated beef barbecue, a sweet soy sauce beef dish.  Most foreigners voted for this food as their favorite. 

Samgyetang: this is a Korean Ginseng Chicken Soup. The chicken is stuffed with soaked glutinous rice and simmered with garlic, ginger, and the super-herb of Asian cuisine, ginseng, said to aid in boosting energy and the immune system. Serve piping hot with rice, chopped scallions, salt and pepper on the side! 

Bibimbap: have some leftover vegetables in your fridge? Thinking of making something healthy? Try Korean Bibimbap recipe! Not only is it the most well-known and popular Korean dish in Korea, but it is also simple and easy to make. Switch it up according to your preferences, you can always replace the beef with chicken and pork. 

Beef Bulgogi: without a doubt, this is one of the most popular and oldest Korean traditional foods. The secret to this dish lies in the cut of the beef - sliced thinly, and you’re almost guaranteed a dish that melts in your mouth. Best served wrapped in a cold crispy piece of lettuce or a bowl of steamed rice. 

Korean Fried Chicken: you can now recreate the most juicest sweet and spicy Korean Fried Chicken recipe that will make your friends and family ask for more. The key to the crunch lies in adding a wee bit of baking powder in the corn starch. 

Japchae: this dish is a must-have for the Korean festive holidays (like New Year’s Day or the Harvest festival), probably because of its celebratory colours derived from the strips of carrots, bell peppers, spinach, cucumbers and mushrooms. The secret to success? Finding the right balance between soy sauce and sugar! 

Edited by partyon
Please post only a maximum of 5 images/gifs per post, thanks :)
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 5

2 hours ago, willenette said:

Food plays a major role in Korean culture

Also in rocat’s culture.

Were you walking around in my mind? Love the list!

:hooray2:

16 hours ago, agenth said:

love to put egg in my ramyum.

Me too! :D
i sometimes do raw and also onsen (that I never get quite right). 

23 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

so when I have time, I just make it at home. It's got a nice sour taste from fermentation, but I always add gyeoja (mustard paste) to give it a spicy kick.

I can’t do this right so I revere those who can.

Vietnam Buddhism GIF

17 hours ago, agenth said:

has several tattoos. also on his hip, back, and underside of thigh! :D

really? Mostly lower half so they would never see the light of day?  So coy. Kekeke.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Thanks @partyon  for tagging.

Here's same East meet West dishes..:blush:

Healthy poke bowl with carrot, preserved radish, avocado, smoke salmon, zuccini & leek.

file.jpg

Korean japchae which has the aroma of sesame oil with shredded mushroom,chicken & greens.

th?id=OSK.2ba906df2ee81e10dcda94cdd3d530

Pasta Carborana with shredded ham

Pasta-Carbonara-2-3-scaled.jpg

cr owner

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Wiggle 1