Let's Have A Meal Together!

agenth

Extremely late to the party. I have always to try Korean food, but unfortunately I am yet to taste any Korean dish. :cries:

My first Kdrama was also all about food during at least its first half, and it was Dae Jang Geum :eats:

5192b8b8046dec18ff32e69fbe36c819.jpg

Apart from that there have been several dramas where food was sort of main theme. We even have had a REVENGE DRAMA where a dude takes revenge by becoming a BETTER CHEF I believe :rubchin:

Its English title was "Master of Revenge", but that dude actually becomes a Master of Noodle instead :joy:

I know this event is about the Korean food, but the food in Anime also looks super yummy :loolz:

sub-buzz-214-1581938686-1.jpg?downsize=7

On 10/2/2022 at 7:27 PM, agenth said:

A street food classic, popular with young and old. Beware: it's spicy but so very good. Rice cakes and fish cakes in a spicy sauce, sometimes also with ramyun noodles and egg. Also popular to have in alcohol tents!

Chingu, is it really supposed to be Spicy? Do we have any "non-spicy" version of it? My Spicy food tolerance is extremely low :sweats:

• LOL 6
  • Blob 2

3 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Chingu, is it really supposed to be Spicy? Do we have any "non-spicy" version of it? My Spicy food tolerance is extremely low

yeah it's spicy gooooooooood

have you tried kimchi? it's not that spicey, just right amount of it :D

i guess you can have @partyon's favourite

samgyetang-korean.gif

i had to google your question because it was hard for me to find a non-spicy korean food haha

https://theculturetrip.com/asia/south-korea/articles/13-south-korean-dishes-for-the-non-spicy-food-eater/

but mentioned is @LeftCoastOppa's japchae, new is: Seolleongtang - ox bone stew. tbh ive had this a lot in my childhood and it was very boring to me :D

ox-bone-soup-seolleongtang.gif

4 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

We have an occasion in the Middle East countries, the food is called "halawat Al mawlid", it is sugary sweets. @MayanEcho @Ameera Ali

i had this a lot in my childhood when my teeth weren't so sensitive ... now i'm scared to eat :D

6 hours ago, rocat said:

really? Mostly lower half so they would never see the light of day?  So coy. Kekeke.

not in dramas usually, but i saw a sneak peek during his youtube videos haha or in this one photoshoot:

hk_6.jpg

9 hours ago, willenette said:

"Itaewon Class" In the drama, this Sundubu Jjigae makes its appearance time and time again. This deliciously soft tofu stew and rich pork belly bathed in a spicy savory soup is Korean dish comfort food at its best. 

love this so much... unfortunately for @Sleepy Owl it's spicy :D 

9 hours ago, willenette said:

Honey Butter Chips: These chips are sweet from the honey and savory from the butter (featured in tons of K-Dramas)

first of all @willenette thanks for creating your list haha :D

secondly, i have to confess that i never have eaten those chips before because whenever i went to korea, it was sold out or SUPER EXPENSIVE! 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

On 10/4/2022 at 12:20 PM, agenth said:

I don' know but I have seen him cook ramyun and meat! I think he likes all kinds of food, he loves to eat and snack!

Oh, I thought I saw or read somewhere that JCW liked blood sausage.

Does jajangmyeon have a bean like texture?  I hate beans bc of the texture slimy on the outside, dry on the inside.  I'm not sure if it sounds really good or really gross when they mix it up.

@Sleepy Owl  You've never had Korean food?  Nothing? Nada?  Oh No Reaction GIF by The Great British Bake Off

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

11 hours ago, agenth said:

love this so much... unfortunately for @Sleepy Owl it's spicy :D 

first of all @willenette thanks for creating your list haha :D

secondly, i have to confess that i never have eaten those chips before because whenever i went to korea, it was sold out or SUPER EXPENSIVE! 

@agenth  actually, in one of my trips also in Seoul, a hand-written memo posted at the entrance to a convenience store in Gangnam reads: "Honey Butter Chip sold out!" It may be one of the most difficult products to buy these days," a clerk said. "We had five packs of Honey Butter Chips in the morning, but a customer who found them first bought them all." He said it was hard to tell when and how many packets the store would have for sale. There is no doubt that the honey and butter-flavored potato chip is a phenomenon. The company was producing the snack around the clock, but simply had not been able to keep up with demand. It's surprising how the chip has become so popular. Some are selling them at greatly marked-up prices on eBay and other e-commerce websites ㅡ   :kaching3:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 3

13 hours ago, willenette said:

The company was producing the snack around the clock, but simply had not been able to keep up with demand. It's surprising how the chip has become so popular. Some are selling them at greatly marked-up prices on eBay and other e-commerce websites

bts-snack.gif

actually i should check out my local korean mart and see if they have it. i think now it's not that sold out as much as a couple of years ago ?

17 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Does jajangmyeon have a bean like texture?  I hate beans bc of the texture slimy on the outside, dry on the inside.  I'm not sure if it sounds really good or really gross when they mix it up.

hmmmm.... i think it's like noodles and black bean sauce, but if i'm honest it's probably "slimier" than other sauces? But i still think it's sauce-like. So it should be okay for you to try!

I know what you mean tho because I have a thing about onions. I don't like the onion texture.

17 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Oh, I thought I saw or read somewhere that JCW liked blood sausage.

He probably does :D

There's not much he dislikes with food, as far as I know!

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

4 hours ago, agenth said:

actually i should check out my local korean mart and see if they have it. i think now it's not that sold out as much as a couple of years ago ?

Honey Butter Chips are everywhere now. I'm not a fan of them, but they're still sort of popular. They're really easy to find here in Korea, so I feel like any good Korean mart should have them. 

8 hours ago, agenth said:

@agenth  yes, you may check the K-Mart there in your side, I hope it's available there. I guess so many love this because the taste of real potatoes is felt. Honey Butter Chip tastes like honey butter popcorn in the form of a potato chip. It’s just the right balance of salty and sweet and buttery goodness. Not too sweet to be overwhelming. Just perfect. I remember the peak of its popularity & craze over in Korea was 2014. See, even our biases are talking/eating this and can’t seem to get enough. It’s UNBELIEVABLE how quickly these little “chips of heaven” are sold out — within 10 minutes of restocking the shelves NATIONWIDE! Not only that, it’s amazing to see the willingness and persistence of Korean people to get their hands on this snack. It has become so ridiculous to the point that they are limiting the number of bags one person can buy to only TWO, and convenience stores are putting up signs on the door stating that they are OUT of these chips. So just how GOOD can these chips be, right? They’re just potato chips! I mean, you don’t see people going on a shopping craze for Pringles or Kettle Chips, now, do you? But people are seriously bidding on eBay. :Megalol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

Shut Up Flower Boy Band...  the SL..   :approves:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/a68c03f4098d8c0157703b5a8e37199e/tumblr_muer8mkQBS1qazs6to1_500.gif

ascult muzica Pui de somn metal lee min ki shut up flower boy band -  suhotechnologyusa.com

the ML...   

Best Shut Up Flowers Boys Band GIFs | Gfycat

I liked their lollipop scenes..  :D

Latest Flower Boy Band GIFs | Gfycat

ctto

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

@nohamahamoud2002 @MayanEcho @larus @Lmangla @UnniSarah @gm4queen @frozentundra @Photo Photo @lilyphenix @LeftCoastOppa @CarolynH @chickfactor @superspace @madmad min @ElleSor @the_sweetroad @rocat @rocher22 @CupcakeEonni @itsmeash @sadthe1st @TheaN @willenette @Thong Thin  Chingus, thanks for attending the meal and bringing lots of food and drinks to our feast!

weightlifting-fairyk-im-bok-joo.gif

eating-eat.gif

Thanks for participating in this event and see you in the next one!

Before you go, let me drop off a few links with tons of recipes, should you have found the lust for cooking during this thread:

https://www.beyondkimchee.com/

https://mykoreankitchen.com/

https://www.maangchi.com/

youtube Channels:

https://www.youtube.com/c/AsKitchen

https://www.youtube.com/user/Maangchi

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart @agenth

• Like 7
  • Love 6

So, have decided to just create another post.

Have been blessed to have a taste of the following and the dramas that made me want to try them:

* Ramyun/ramen with kimchi - One Spring Night / Wok of Love

* Samgyupsal - DOTS

* Jjajangmyeon - Wok of Love

* Tteokbokki - Twenty Again

* Fish Cakes & Corn Dog - Strong

Woman Do Bong Soon

* Korean Fried Chicken - My Love

from the Stars

* Bibimbap - 

* Kimbap - Go Back Couple

* Soju - My Mister (I wanted to know

if I can finish a bottle :))

It would be interesting to try their pizza.:yum:

• Love 2

5 hours ago, angela0612 said:

Have been blessed to have a taste of the following and the dramas that made me want to try them:

Which of these are your favorite? :kiss_wink:

5 hours ago, angela0612 said:

It would be interesting to try their pizza.:yum:

Me seeing their pizza menu.... :grimace:

Oh My God Wow GIF by The Roku Channel

• LOL 2

9 hours ago, angela0612 said:

Soju - My Mister (I wanted to know

if I can finish a bottle :))

aaaaaaand? 

what was the result? Compared to Tequila or Vodka, I find Soju easily to ... digest hahaha

• Blob 1

On 10/17/2022 at 3:13 AM, agenth said:

aaaaaaand? 

what was the result? Compared to Tequila or Vodka, I find Soju easily to ... digest hahaha

I couldn't haha. Had to mix in some yakult to be able to drink it.:gangnamstyle:

On 10/16/2022 at 11:14 PM, partyon said:

Which of these are your favorite? :kiss_wink:

Me seeing their pizza menu.... :grimace:

I also love the combination of lettuce and meat so, samgyupsal is the best for me. Plus, the side dishes that are available here in the Philippines are also very tasty and nutritious.:thumbsup:

• Love 1