[Drama 2022-2023] Witch's Game - 마녀의 게임 - Mon to Fri 8:50 - 9:30 KST

0ly40

1 hour ago, Thong Thin said:

Brainless Ji Ho now knows that he's being played out by Chairwoman Cha.

Ji Ho has very high ambition and should he found out that he is Cheonha out of wedlock grandson, 

he might get rid of In Ha and claimed his seat but I doubt he will succeed.  

No doubt In Ha is the playboy & happy go lucky chaebol, he will go against Ji Ho to claim back 

his seat with the Company. 

So it's true, Ji Ho is really from Cheonha?? there are DNA Test? maybe his mother was in ove with the guy but no sex?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

SY loves JH but will kill him if he gets in the way :joy: If JiHo really had a brain, he would have run right then and there. He's so stupid. 

He certainly was shocked to hear her say that, but he is obssesed with her.  SY has this major flaw in her personality, it is wanting to possess what she can't have.  I hope i can finally find out who SY REally love towards the end of this drama.  After everything she said tp JH, JH should have run away but he hasn't. Does she even know what it means to love someone . 

Theoty time 

Maybe maybe JH's mom will tell him he is IH's half brother which will put him in the running for SY's heart in ( JH's oppinion) but IMO  he will be in the running on having her but will SY be satisfied. She won't because What SY wants is to DESTROY HS and obbtain all her possesions. I forsee HS ending up with IH, which will drive SY to try again to seduce In Ho. But she won't be able to have him because she disgus him. He see's right though her.

7 hours ago, maribella said:

HS, YK and SY said to JH that he needs to be an heir to get her. Now the writer thinks he is smart and will  start making JH an heir in the running, competing with IH.

Logically, if he is no longer the son of a working class woman, but the out of wedlock son of a chaebol, why would he need SY? He could start looking for a chaebol woman. Yes, he is stupid.

@maribella  Hye Soo  is  YK's biological daughter. They already have bond and the universe is working really hard to reunite them. that is why they always bump into each other, also how she will lose her daughter soon.  The only way SY will ever marry him , is if he is rich. She may love him ( does she really love him)  but love isn't enough to satisfy her ambitions.  SY wans the whole wolrd at her feet. She thinks she is better than anyone and has forgotten where she comes from. Her savageness is why her adoptive father doesn't love her because he can see right through her. She is alway trying to manipulate him and that is why he will never trust her. 

2 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

Ji Ho has very high ambition and should he found out that he is Cheonha out of wedlock grandson, 

he might get rid of In Ha and claimed his seat but I doubt he will succeed.  

No doubt In Ha is the playboy & happy go lucky chaebol, he will go against Ji Ho to claim back 

his seat with the Company. 

In Ho is smart but he chooses to play because he loves his father. He doesn't even like Cheonha. I believe once he finds out the person who tried to kill his father he will definetley be out for revenge..  He will fight to get his position back in the company. I feel that he will certainly teach JH a lesson on what it means to be loyal. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

He certainly was shocked to hear her say that, but he is obssesed with her.  SY has this major flaw in her personality, it is wanting to possess what she can't have.  I hope i can finally find out who SY REally love towards the end of this drama.  After everything she said tp JH, JH should have run away but he hasn't. Does she even know what it means to love someone .

it will be interesting to find out. so this wasn't an option in the poll but I keep thinking that in the end, seyoung will off herself. when she was telling jiho about taking the pills, she said that she was desperate for sleep and wanted a place where she could. she really is all over the place and there seems to be no consistency -- that is something jiho calls her out on. she wants love but she also wants the world. maybe materialistic but in some ways, isn't that natural in all of us -- we want a better life? she is clearly saying "sorry love isn't enough" but at the same time, she is worried that she will be so miserable in loveless marriage that she won't be able breathe -- that is what she tells yukyung. but as yukyung says life is tough and you can't have it all.

am surprised to find that both the MLs have strong characterization -- that just may be the acting of the two leads who are far superior than the women being cast as leads.

so jiho is actually quite complex and stands out a bit from the typical second lead who gives up love for ambition. in this case, jiho is conflicted, he feels guilt and also a sense of shame. was really surprised when he kneeled in front of hyesoo's aunt as apology -- he just seems to not be able to help himself. maybe it is like the way we are not able to avoid sweets! hahahahha...

@maribella ~ jiho is smart and capable enough to have any woman but he is drawn to the darkness in seyoung even though he knows what she is like -- that she loves him but also uses him. so it is an interesting dynamic. yet, he wants her and sees her as some prize. maybe because she is ambitious just like him and he can sense that she is extremely unhappy even though she supposedly has it all. 

like @CupcakeEonni said, inha is open in his grayness and that does make him interesting to watch. rather than looking down on jiho, it felt like he is upset that he lost a good friend. he lives in a world where friends are few and far between and instead everyone is using each other or trying to manipulate each other as pawns. now jiho has proved that he is just like one of them even though he does not belong to that social class. find it interesting that both inha and jiho keep asking "so are we friends?" -- it is like they are loathe to lose this friendship just for a love affair.

the title of the drama is "witch's game" but in the subtitles of the ending scene, it reads "game of witches" -- that gives a completely different connotation to the possible arcs to come. witch's game implies there is one witch -- yukyung -- who is playing many sides for her own agenda. however, game of witches indicate that there are multiple players in this game who are all going to face off with different goals... 

am I the only one who thought that papa inha meant his mom wanted to kill him literally? it still feels like chairman ma is capable of killing her own son if she wanted to. and what irony that her autobiography is titled "people are everything" 

@youactlikeicare ~ agree that hyesoo's aunt is super annoying. her voice modulation is off -- it is supposed to be satori but in other dramas, it doesn't sound so robotic. it is like some singing version of alexa!

• Like 4
  • Love 2

@LmanglaAgree with what you said about JH and the dynamic of his relationship with SY. It goes far more than just  ambition and money like most people think it would be in a typical revenge kdrama, which makes it interesting to see. There's definitely element of lust (JH told IH he wanted to touch SY whenever he saw her) and perhaps genuine care/love (I can't help thinking that with the way he looked at SY in bed when she overdosed and how he sensed that she had something that bothered her so much). 

JH is well aware of how he wronged HS, HB and IH. There are repeating hints showing that so he's clearly not a shameless character and does think about his actions through monologue, conversations with HS and yes the apology to HS's aunt. But as he reflects on himself, I feel like he realizes the attraction he has towards SY is too deep to be washed away and that he must have her whatever it takes.

Pardon my ignorance, but I am still lost as to the relationships. Chairman had a brother on the first episode, who is the other woman's husband, and why did Chairman Ma have her husband killed and tried to kill her daughter? I'm just really confused. I know she wanted the girl to marry the prosecutor but the relationships are not completely clear.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, melodictrain said:

@LmanglaAgree with what you said about JH and the dynamic of his relationship with SY. It goes far more than just  ambition and money like most people think it would be in a typical revenge kdrama, which makes it interesting to see. There's definitely element of lust (JH told IH he wanted to touch SY whenever he saw her) and perhaps genuine care/love (I can't help thinking that with the way he looked at SY in bed when she overdosed and how he sensed that she had something that bothered her so much). 

JH is well aware of how he wronged HS, HB and IH. There are repeating hints showing that so he's clearly not a shameless character and does think about his actions through monologue, conversations with HS and yes the apology to HS's aunt. But as he reflects on himself, I feel like he realizes the attraction he has towards SY is too deep to be washed away and that he must have her whatever it takes.

@Lmangla  @melodictrain  Your comments are so on point on JH. 

@TheQueenReturns  Chairman Ma killed YK's husband and tried to kill her daughter because she wanted YK to marry THe Prosecutor.  YK marrying the Prosecutor will build a relationship with legal system and Cheongha

• Like 5

I just started this new drama bec of Oh Chang Suk I kinda liked him in A Place in the Sun and Princess Aurora so am curious how he plays his character here. After finishing Secret House drama I got the urge to find out what else I can watch & this actually replaced SH drama slot!

7 hours ago, TheQueenReturns said:

Pardon my ignorance, but I am still lost as to the relationships. Chairman had a brother on the first episode, who is the other woman's husband, and why did Chairman Ma have her husband killed and tried to kill her daughter? I'm just really confused. I know she wanted the girl to marry the prosecutor but the relationships are not completely clear.

Me too I'm confused :) I just started watching this a few epi ago & I found myself rewinding the episode!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Lmangla said:

@maribella ~ jiho is smart and capable enough to have any woman but he is drawn to the darkness in seyoung even though he knows what she is like -- that she loves him but also uses him. so it is an interesting dynamic. yet, he wants her and sees her as some prize. maybe because she is ambitious just like him and he can sense that she is extremely unhappy even though she supposedly has it all. 

I think both of them are covetous. But JH has made a picture of SY which is wholey based on her being YK's and Joo's daughter. I wonder if he would really be in love with her SY or whatever her name was at the end when everything was revealed.  It would be impactful if they died together since both are besotted with each other now and should continue till the end

. JH said he knew she was poison but he needed to drink it. 

In Temptations of Wife, the cheating scummy husband, who btw was saggy looking, committed suicide with his mistress whom he had rejected many episodes before. At the last minute, he dashed after her into the sea. Mindboggling, :waitwhat::Megalol:

8 hours ago, TheQueenReturns said:

Chairman Ma have her husband killed and tried to kill her daughter? I'm just really confused. I know she wanted the girl to marry the prosecutor but the relationships are not completely clear.

I don't think it's really clear because in the earlier episode, Chairman said only in passing that they killed the husband. 
But it seemed ridiculous to kill the husband of one's employee so that she would form a liaison with a powerful prosecutor. What if she resigned? 
I think there is a stronger bond between Cha and YK than an employee-employer which will be revealed later. Perhaps YK was also an orphan fostered by Cha, or her husband's illegitimate child etc.

17 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

SY wans the whole wolrd at her feet. She thinks she is better than anyone and has forgotten where she comes from. Her savageness is why her adoptive father doesn't love h

She is overambitious and greedy. I don't think she has forgotten how she got to be where she is. It's all rightfully HS', so she gets very antsy when the two meet.

I hope YK will be more cruel to her than her husband. Cha would divulge what had happened using it as a weapon. A 12 year kid impersonating a fellow orphan to steal what is hers? Really too much. 
The FL was lame at 12. She still is.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, melodictrain said:

not sure why we are not able to put reaction buttons on your post.

re: @chococarmela @ferily -- is this because it is new member?

anyways, dynamic between jiho and seyong is interesting. jiho felt absolutely guilty and gutted that he had run out on his daughter's birthday but he also sees that his actions means he is too far in. so there is introspection but he is also moving ahead anyway. 

also, inha and jiho seem to define love very differently. for jiho, love should contain an element of lust and greed -- otherwise, how is it love is the rationale. so that is an interesting definition of love and probably true in parts. there is physical desire and the need/want to be with that person. 

jiho would have never run out of the birthday lunch if seyoung hadn't overdosed. she basicallly emotionally blackmailed him and is so unstable. he basically does have a poison on his hands. some poisons are actually okay in small doses whereas others are not. so it will be interesting to see if both will die like @maribella has suggested. maybe that might happen as he tries unsuccessfully to save seyoung. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

also, inha and jiho seem to define love very differently. for jiho, love should contain an element of lust and greed -- otherwise, how is it love is the rationale. so that is an interesting definition of love and probably true in parts. there is physical desire and the need/want to be with that person. 

Yes, I guess JH's definition of love is different from that of IH and even HS. Not sure if it was intentional from the writer to have both question JH regarding his love for SY haha. 

NEW EVENT: Spooky Soompi: Part 2 (Ghosts & Zombies & All Things Spooky in K-Dramas & K-Movies!)

We are back with Part 2 of our  Spooky Soompi. :evillaugh:

Let's talk about all our favourite spookiest K-dramas and K-Movies that we absolutely love watching  in spite of experiencing sleepless nights afterwards. :fear:

Vote for your favourites now! :hooray:

re: Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team

@confusedheart  @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @partyon

JH knows that he is in far too deep with SY. He can't turn back now. As he has mentioned to SY he is willing to blow up everything to be with her. His is obsessed and in lust with her but he is also using her as well to climb up for his ambition. He has experienced twice the realization that she is using him for her own means , but he can't seem to walk away from her especially when she emotionally pushes his buttons and blackmails him to run to her disregarding everyone and everything that once was important. Now SY has told him that he needs to be a rich heir on top of HS telling him this and YK. He will now see that his actions to get her through Chairman Ma were just the actions of a jumping clown in the big picture because he was found out quickly to be making a secret deal.  

JH realizes he did HS and his daughter wrong, but he can't stop himself. As he told HS she was foolish for too many years for him and he is sorry for her but he can't turn back to her. She is unable to give him what he wants and she should let go. (This is funny cause later he will want to turn back to her when he sees another man around her and finds out she is the real daughter.) 

In the end both JH and SY will end up married because more than likely as I mentioned before his mother will point to IH dad as his father. Chairman Ma will jump on this because she seems to think that IH is a little weak. Why deal with SK's prosecutor hubby when you have a "grandson" who is a prosecutor. JH gets what he wants to marry SY and SY gets what she wants and does not have to deal with IH who she knows does not like her and can see through her. You can see JH is upset at what YK, HS and IH have pointed out about him. He may think that IH looked down on him all these years but I don't think that was it. I think like someone said above IH valued his friendship with JH and even envied that he had someone so devoted and loving to him who helped him get where he is today in HS along with a cute little girl but JH not only did not appreciate it but he humiliated and embarrassed HS by running out on the wedding and then cheating with someone who HS knew well.  Then to find out its his own fiancée is crazy. Not because he is in love with SY its because he hurt HS.  JH's envy and jealousy is going to make him want to take everything from IH. But JH is stepping into something he will not be able to handle well later. Chairman Ma can use and throw away her own son what him makes she can't do that to this new grandson as well?

YK's revenge against Chairman Ma must be because she has found out that she killed her husband and was behind the attempted murder of her daughter. (I suspect Ma was behind prosecutors ex wife and daughter dying too. ) Not sure if she is aware that her daughter was found by her but she has to know Ma knows everything because of the people around. What will really floor YK is the fact that Ma interfered again in her life by not allowing her to bring her real daughter home and putting in a fake.

One Synopsis I read says it about two mothers going against evil . The two mothers in my view are YK and HS. I also feel like something may happen to HS daughter. So far nothing is making HS go for revenge even the loss of JH has not made her change from nice HS to very angry HS. HS has to loose something really important to her to change and go on the revenge path like YK. If you remember YK was very sweet and content to live her life with her daughter. It was Ma who was pushing the prosecutor in her face and YK said thatshe was happy as is. Only when she decided to get ride of YK's daughter to save her son and the company did things change. We see that minion is working with her so perhaps he told her certain things or pointed her in the direction to find out that it was Ma who killed her husband and behind the loss of her daughter. YK has a fear of fire that comes from watching that fire start in Miso's room.  All her misery can be pointed to one door and that is Ma. 

From the description I read YK use to be a secretary in the company before working her way up. She also had dealings with IH as a tutor. So my guess is Ma may have sponsored her from an orphanage at one time. 

As I mentioned earlier there will be a fight because JH and SY will want to take everything from everyone. But also JH and SY will end up destroying themselves with their greed. JH will point at SY when it comes out that she is a fake and HS is the real daughter. He is the type to blame SY when he made his own choices and took the wrong paths to success and power with greed and crooked ambition. This will make SY mad cause prolly she really fell for JH but he will push HS in her face and that will set her off. SY is very homicidal about HS. 

• Like 4

@Ldy Gmerm great "filling in the gaps".  
I think SY is schizophrenic and the symptoms get worse as she gets older. For her to risk her life to test if JH loved her more than his daughter means she is a nut case. 

I think the writer wants to portray JH as a conflicted character. So now it's between doing the right thing and HS versus doing the wrong thing and SY. When the time comes for him to find out that he has coveted a fake and rejected the genuine,  he's going to be crushed; especially, if the writer had killed off the child because of SY. Maybe it would drive him to suicide.

@backstreetboysfan when are the postponed episodes?

• Like 4

I just started this drama & my gosh Kang ji hoo is one ungrateful guy eh? I have a strong feeling he's going to find himself in a situation where he'll later find out he's got the wrong girl that brat....Joo Seo Young! I feel for Jung Hye Soo (or the real Mi So). There's always this annoying ahjumma Ma Yeon Duk? much like evil Ham in drama Secret House! It's quite interesting so far I'll probably bear with it even though that character JSY is super annoying! :(

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maribella said:

when are the postponed episodes?

@maribellaIt's supposed to be aired today. It was cancelled yesterday due to the Itaewon tragedy.

@Ldy Gmerm I also read the character overview on MBC website and it does give some hints about what's going to happen in the next 10-20 eps. Interesting to see that both JH and SY will try to go back to HS and IH respectively due to jealousy with their happiness but we all know what they will get is revenge in the end. I'm looking to see some character developments for the main casts though, especially SY and HY when their true identities come to light.

This is gonna be a little bit controversial but as the show progresses I think SY and JH should be endgame. Their mutual obsession, inferiority complex, ambition, twisted personality are the glues that bring them together so far. If they both have positive development, the bond will undoubtedly grow stronger and good for each of them.

Thank you @melodictrain that's sad. I went to Itaewon during my Seoul trip some years ago. I thought the crush was in a night club, it looked liked all the streets were packed.

JH and SY deserved each other, whether happily or out of misery. They should pay for the pain they had caused before being 'happily together'. 
However, dailies are known for their kumbaya endings,  and so evil characters  could repent in one episode,  and are redeemed at the end. Let's hope this show has a more satisfying ending.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, melodictrain said:

@maribellaIt's supposed to be aired today. It was cancelled yesterday due to the Itaewon tragedy.

@Ldy Gmerm I also read the character overview on MBC website and it does give some hints about what's going to happen in the next 10-20 eps. Interesting to see that both JH and SY will try to go back to HS and IH respectively due to jealousy with their happiness but we all know what they will get is revenge in the end. I'm looking to see some character developments for the main casts though, especially SY and HY when their true identities come to light.

This is gonna be a little bit controversial but as the show progresses I think SY and JH should be endgame. Their mutual obsession, inferiority complex, ambition, twisted personality are the glues that bring them together so far. If they both have positive development, the bond will undoubtedly grow stronger and good for each of them.

For me as well , once SY and JH marry that is it for the both of them. They will be eaten with jealousy to see IH and HS working together and even perhaps pretending to be together because both of them feel they are their property even when they walk away from them and just because they can't rest to see either of those two not crying in their cups in a corner somewhere over the loss of them both. To see both IH and HS up and around having changed their looks, their personalities and working hard in the company or anywhere will burn them both. And they will constantly keep trying to put up road blocks due to their jealousy and the need to see both of them down under their feet due to there own inferiority complexes, jealousy and greed. For SY its the fear of the truth coming out if people see that HS is better than her in everything. For JH it will be to see HS looking and talking differently, dressing differently and finding out that had he supported her as she did him he would have seen that HS is very smart and able to hold her own in any situation. It will especially hit JH what he tossed away once the truth of who HS really is comes out and he realizes he threw away the golden goose for a fake but by then its too late because SY will never let him go to run back to HS and it will only infuriate her to want to kill HS . 

I do not know if IH and HS will end up together in the end or HS just has an open ending or no romantic lead at all beside her , but if something happens to her daughter because of SY and JH there is no going back for JH. Even if nothing happens to the kid JH has burned his bridges with HS. He looked down on her and was ashamed of her beside him. He had ten years (while she was working herself to the bone for him to help him.) to encourage her for her own career or even to help her after he graduated and passed the bar pay for her schooling so she could come up as well, but he did not. JH wanted to keep her beside him and below him to massage his ego and feel better than her. In his mind as he told HS he sees SY as the answer to everything he wants. So even if something does not happen to JH (other than going to jail to pay for all the crooked things he will do coming up) at most he can only wake up at the last min to realize what he has become and watch HS from afar as she continues to grow and become successful in her life after him. 

There will be some form of Kumbaya moment at the end where perhaps JH realizes what he lost and feels remorse for the path he took and wants to be a good distant dad to the kiddo (if she is still around) after he pays for his crimes and he and HS can work together to co-parent but I can not see her going back to him after the way he disregarded her and treated her. 

What I hope is they expose the truth about who SY and HS are early and not towards the end of this drama. We have to have time for SY and JH to burn their bridges completely and show how greedy they really are to everyone to take what does not belong to them for their own twisted and jealous motives. So that IH and HS along with KY can start to fight for that company and revenge. 

• Like 3

JH's mother was being threatened by bat-twirling loan sharks and HS happened to be around. I thought" oh no, she's not going to play the hero", she did just that. Then JH came in, so saving the mother but then got drunk with self pity. Guess who appeared in front of him? The idiot FL who was toying with the idea of giving her hard earned savings to her ex MIL. I FFW her scene with the drunken ML.

I'm sorry to say I dislike this FL more than the one in Gold mask who was really pathetically weak in the beginning. She was terribly bullied by her awful MIL. HS has no such excuse. She said at one time that she was optimistic and well balanced because YK had sponsored and supported her. I don't her call an optimist, a pollyanna is more like it. 

The episode has turned YK into a conniving, manipulative woman, IH into a conceited cold hearted snob and JH into a vengeful guy.  There was another show which had only unpleasant and dysfunctional characters, I can't remember the title. This seems to be next. Even the little girl is not really a cute preschooler. 

• Like 1