[Drama 2022-2023] Witch's Game - 마녀의 게임 - Mon to Fri 8:50 - 9:30 KST

0ly40

12 hours ago, maribella said:

Watching the subbed episode was so painful. HS was caught by Ma roaming around and HS was being cutesy with her and my goodness, the woman is a mother, not some teenage ingenue. The things she said made me cringe. Calling the open spaces a yard, then cutely called it a prison... I FFW. If she were inebriated she should have acted that way, and if not, she should have the manners not to run down a house where she was a guest. I am really beginning to dislike her.

Hye Soo acted like a real idiot & shows how stupid she is claiming that place is like a prison which makes Chairman Ma angry & have no respect to the elderly.

Her stupidity & childish way roaming & dancing freely as an invited guest does not show her maturity at all as a grown up married lady with a child.

SYK was smart to come up with 2 plans whatever the result of the DNA results.

So, Ji Ho has no blood relationship with Chairman Ma.

Now that Ji Ho thinks that he is Chairman Ma grandson, will Se Young & him

confront Ma that they wants to get married together ?

• Like 2

Just watched ep 19 and JH calling out his love for SY a toxic one and looking broken at HS and HB? Didn't expect to see that when he finally got the chance to marry SY as a rich heir. 

I wonder what will happen next that makes JH claim full custody rights over HB and how that plays out for SY in their marriage. Although SY doesn't like HB, I don't think she has any reason to harm her unless she has a child with JH and wants her child to receive his full attention.

HS -- From multiple comments I can see a lot of people don't like HS. I don't feel the same. I didn't see anything wrong with how she was acting. Awkward, yes, but she grew up poor. She was starstruck at the size of the house. Who wouldn't be? Korea is a country of apartments. Few people have houses, and even those houses don't usually have big yards. Ma's house is massive in a country where the population is high, but land is small.

And yes, it is a yard, Ma was just being a snooty rich person. There is a reason InHa called it a yard too. He's a lot more down to earth than his grandma.

HS's daughter is everything to her, and JiHo and the chairwoman wanting to take that will give her a push. I can't see InHa allowing that to happen either. I've been waiting for them to team up. 

JiHo -- His first words after seeing the results "I'm a chaebol" LOL Dude really has his priorities in order. He might as well have just screamed "Woooo I'm rich." He and SY calling it a miracle hahahahahahaha Then he went to Ma and whined and put on a show?! I dislike him so much.

Sometimes I think he actually believes the things he says when he says them. I think he honestly thinks he is a good person that deserves more. He will have no problem abandoning his mother when the truth comes out. I have no doubt. He had no problem throwing away his daughter for SY, even though he keeps saying he will be there for her. Now, that his new grandmother wants his kid, he needs her in his life? Gross.

JiHo is acting exactly how I imagined he would. It makes him inevitable falling on his face so much more exciting.

JiHo's mother --- I'm starting to like her. Her reaction was so refreshing. She knew it wasn't true, and even though she values money, didn't try to hide the truth. She was angry with YG for calling JiHo's real father a pauper. I liked that. Her greed wins in the end, but still. 

YG -- She can't see how horrible a person she has become, I think her secretary/minion cares about her. I liked his comment about hoping that there is still hope in YG's Pandora's box. I can't wait to see her find out that she has been messing with her own blood. 

It was funny hearing her talk about taking two steps back to see the bigger picture. What a load of bull. She is right in the thick of things. She's not two steps back, she's in the middle trying to direct traffic. 

BUT ----- YG not calling HS when she first found HB is awful. As far as she knows, she has no right to just do whatever she wants. She's not family. She didn't tell her until hours later. 

InHa -- He handles everything so well. I like him a lot, but need him to get involved a lot more. I do feel like he wants to be part of the "regular world."  He's so much more down to earth than the people around him. He respects people like HS who have to work for everything they have. I need him to put some of that charm and drive to good use. 

So the last two episodes ...

Kid dramatics aside, the real tasty stuff was in episode 18 -

Call me crazy, but that scene of YK trying to play the counseling mother to SY just telegraphs that she's destined for a kumbaya ending - no matter how bad she treats HS, or who else she sells out, YK will end up forgiving her in the end ... I really REALLY hope I'm wrong

So Ji Ho is not a heir but thinks he is ... that pretty much lays out the rest of the drama, the dominoes all fall when either Ji Ho's or SY's birth secret, or  HS's real identity leak ... in the end its rather obvious whats gonna happen.

- Ji Ho & SY will be come insufferable ... not much change there :rolleyes:

- In Ha & HS will abused by the new tyrants

- Ji Ho will start to work against YK

- 1 of the 3 birth secrets leak ... as long as it is NOT Ji Ho's, then YK will blackmail him into putting Chairman Ma in jail, then HS will be revealed to be YK's daughter, who by this time will be engaged or married to In Ha, at which point the rest of the birth secrets leak, and Ji Ho loses his law practice and both he and Chairman Ma are finally told ... surprise! You're not related ... In Ha & HS go on to rule the company ... roll credits

OR

This isn't really battle of the Witches, its battle of the Secretaries ... the big reveal is our 2 corporate secretaries are secretly dating, they fixed the DNA results, and they are conspiring together to take over the company :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Awesome Stephen Colbert GIF

BTW, did anyone else catch that YK used Mi Soo's name infront of Ji Ho? ... how long before that slip boomerangs back?

On 11/9/2022 at 5:38 PM, maribella said:

Is there a logic here? She was married. Surely he knew. She would have stretch marks - most women do. Old doting husbands to young women are known to be fooled by the wives because they allowed it. I don't see YK's husband to be very old or her young or easily fooled. 
A wife who takes a a confidential call would make him suspicious.

I was ...

So Close Collider Video GIF by Movie Trivia Schmoedown

... to agreeing with you - but then ... I remembered where they are.

South Korea Loop GIF by xponentialdesign

... and yes, I'm glad you asked ... you can get rid of stretch marks via plastic surgery

:huh: what? - I looked it up.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

19 hours ago, maribella said:

Watching the subbed episode was so painful. HS was caught by Ma roaming around and HS was being cutesy with her and my goodness, the woman is a mother, not some teenage ingenue. The things she said made me cringe. Calling the open spaces a yard, then cutely called it a prison... I FFW. If she were inebriated she should have acted that way, and if not, she should have the manners not to run down a house where she was a guest. I am really beginning to dislike her.

I am totally annoyed with HS too. She is sooooooooooo Naive and annoying.  I think they chose the wrong actress to play HS. 

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

today episode is sadddd, HS will lose her child, by preview the little girl has a car accident. i don't think she will die. They’ll sue her for negligence and try to take her daughter from her

HS is too naive, she must take revenge nowwwwwwwwwww but how?

But the whloe fake DNA cause so much trouble for HS, and it's YK doing, but YK doesn't know that the little child it's her granddaugher how she will react when she will know the truth

i don't understand why YK is doing that???

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

This isn't really battle of the Witches, its battle of the Secretaries ... the big reveal is our 2 corporate secretaries are secretly dating, they fixed the DNA results, and they are conspiring together to take over the company :w00t::w00t::w00t:

So many drama secretaries deserve more screen time. I would 100% tune in for a drama where the main characters are the secretaries being bossed around by people in the middle of a power struggle. They can't stand their bosses and secretly mess with all of the "evil" plans and cause makjang chaos. Except, I think I would want them to run off with all of the money they've been paid (and stolen) once they've destroyed everyone they work for lol

13 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

and yes, I'm glad you asked ... you can get rid of stretch marks via plastic surgery

Even allowing for plastic surgery etc. why would the obviously clever man expect her to be single waiting for him? This part about fearing the husband knowing that she had a baby just does not hold water.  Anyway, I have switched to my kdrama dailies mode. No thinking. 

HS finally, absolutely finally will tell her daughter that JH is not coming back. But that little tyke heard about her father being Ma's grandson - before JH's mother??? She asked Ma's help to get her parents back together. Mother and daughter are now bugging me. :pensive:

9 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

Except, I think I would want them to run off with all of the money they've been paid (and stolen)

13 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

This isn't really battle of the Witches, its battle of the Secretaries ... the big reveal is our 2 corporate secretarie

This is an awesome storyline, YK's secretary is more interesting than HS.  Maybe Ma's secretary has more connection to C corp than JH. 

19 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

Her stupidity & childish way roaming & dancing freely as an invited guest does not show her maturity at all as a grown up married lady with a child.

She switches from a strong mother to some awestruck woman responding childishly to the owner of the house she is roaming in. It's common courtesy not to insult the owner and she did claim to be a guest. Calling the grounds of a mansion a yard may be cute but if the owner was offended by it, HS should just use it in the privacy of her own home and among friends. Just keeping a dignified silence after apologising would be more becoming for her.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, marrez1 said:

today episode is sadddd, HS will lose her child, by preview the little girl has a car accident. i don't think she will die. They’ll sue her for negligence and try to take her daughter from her

HS is too naive, she must take revenge nowwwwwwwwwww but how?

But the whloe fake DNA cause so much trouble for HS, and it's YK doing, but YK doesn't know that the little child it's her granddaugher how she will react when she will know the truth

i don't understand why YK is doing that???

Yeah omg I really hope she doesn't lose her daughter :( .

• Like 1

I've watched the latest ep and excuse pls my ignorance, re the DNA why is it that Soo kyung to a diff DNA result which indicates Ji ho is not a match then keeps it in her own safe in the office, meanwhile the mean grandma got the DNA positive result? What am I missing here? :) LOLs

I'd appreciate your insight/s here chingoos or I'll go bananas or mitcho so or crazy in Korean hehehe

Can anyone of you stand that girl Se yeong who is so shameless and arrogant? Little did SK know her bio daughter is out there face to face with her!

Caught up:

I don't mind HS taking photos or insulting the chairwoman by calling it a yard. The Chairwoman is a nasty person, HS can say anything to her and I won't care. Though I think alcohol had a part in the way she was speaking to her. I found the whole interaction funny so did IH I think. 

Though granted the FL has annoyed me in the past but I think the turn will happen soon since something will happen to her daughter. I do like her interactions with IH and her friends for the most part, its just her reactions to Ji Ho and his actions that annoy me still. 

While doing all this scheming did YK even consider how it would affect HS and her daughter. How does she not call HS right away, I know its part of her manipulation but come on. I think all these lies are really going to affect any type of relationship that YK/ HS try to have in the future. 

YK is going to convince JH to hold back his blood until HS gives over custody of the daughter. Then she is going to play the shoulder for HS to cry on while letting JH to take the blame for her idea. I mean he is a jerk and should get most of the blame but she is not innocent in all of this. 

I think HS will lose her daughter and rely on YK only to realize that she was partially behind it. That way her revenge is not only on JH/SY/Chairwoman but also YK. 

• Like 1

I was wondering why they changed the title from Witch's game to Games of witches which seems to be more descriptive now. At first, I thought it was only Ma but now, YK is conniving, JH's mum is seeing the advantage of fooling Ma and SY of course is forever manipulating - definitely witches. 

JH's birth dad might also turn up later, like love twist. 

JH was just so righteous when Ma asked him  if he would abandon his mum. I wonder how long he would hold on to his principle. The SFL in second husband was barely tolerating her mum. Wonder if the writer will turn JH into an utter creep.

@LeftCoastOppa I'd like some major storyline with the secretaries because they knew everything. But a total 180 o change? Nah, too way out.

edit:

What if the two secretaries become an 'item'? That would really get Ma's and YK's knickers in a knot.Zach Galifianakis Flirting GIF

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maribella said:

I was wondering why they changed the title from Witch's game to Games of witches which seems to be more descriptive now. At first, I thought it was only Ma but now, YK is conniving, JH's mum is seeing the advantage of fooling Ma and SY of course is forever manipulating - definitely witches. 

You were right about Ma & YK, both are conniving.

Ma who seems that the world belongs to her, can just walk into HS house & claim HB. Only those with evil hearts are capable of taking away a child from her mom. 

Ji Ho was so persistent that he will not abandon his mom, but I'm still 50-50 cause he is greedy for

the heir sit in CheonHa. Yet to see what the writer has for us audiences..

Did SYK gets her minion to get rid of In Ha father, did he died ?

7 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

I think HS will lose her daughter and rely on YK only to realize that she was partially behind it. That way her revenge is not only on JH/SY/Chairwoman but also YK. 

No, is too early for the child to died. She will survived and Ma will get hold of this opportunity by paying for the pro-long heavy medical bills which HS could not afford.

3 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

Did SYK gets her minion to get rid of In Ha father, did he died ?

Ma's secretary Mr Ko is playing a few ways I think. So it could be YK's order or his own choice or somebody else. A few episodes, someone , most likely Ko, removed his respirator but he survived. I think he will wake up because they focused on his face when YK asked JH to step out. I didn't see any stuff for product placement. :lol:

I have just watched last night's episode.

@Thong Thin

He died I think because Ma was kneeling and crying at a grave in the preview.  
HB was hit probably by the WTOD and a shocker, YK must have told JH not to help his kid - last chance to be Yoo JH she said.

She's going to go crazy when she realised that she had indirectly killed or wanted to kill her grand daughter.

Ma said SY is not good enough for her grandsons but she was willing to allow HS marry JH and moved into her house as HB's mother!!  Of course she knows HS is YK's daughter

I think YK is again going to undermine HS to get HB for JH to move into Ma's mansion.

YG comes across as really dumb in episode 20. Her daughter is a horrible person, and she's upset that InHa knows that. She thinks that InHa knowing that SY is just a jealous snot is going to hurt SY's heart? LOL

I've been uncomfortable with YG right from the beginning, and this episode made me want to see her miserable for a while :grimace: I can't wait until she finds out that HS is her real daughter, and she chose the fake scummy one over her own blood.

JiHo knowing he's a fake is kind of disappointing. It just adds another layer of dirt to his greedy hypocritical personality. I wanted him to have his ego hurt later on. Instead, he's just power hungry. I'm a little disappointed. Him not knowing would add more to his character later on. 

I can't believe he had the nerve to say "I feel too bad to apologize." Really? What a disgusting coward. 

BUT.... at least HS grew a backbone this episode. 

5 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

JiHo knowing he's a fake is kind of disappointing. It just adds another layer of dirt to his greedy hypocritical personality. I wanted him to have his ego hurt later on. Instead, he's just power hungry. I'm a little disappointed. Him not knowing would add more to his character later on. 

So Jiho know that he is a fake son?? but when the test DNA was out, he was with SY, i don't think he know and no even SY, or i missed this part?!