[Drama 2022-2023] Witch's Game - 마녀의 게임 - Mon to Fri 8:50 - 9:30 KST

0ly40

@TheQueenReturns I feel the same way. Everything is going back and forth without any real chaos in the middle. I don't think I would mind if the show was on every day, but because they have missed so many episodes, it makes the show drag on way more than it should be at this point. It's a really bad sign at only 17 episodes in. 

This episode was about everyone calling out how fake and selfish everyone is. SY calling out her mum. YG really didn't like being compared to Ma, but she is. She's turning into her. Not caring that her daughter will be miserable because she she trying to ruin the chairwoman is messed up.

I love that InHa called SY out on her self pity. She is so fixated on herself and her own feelings she doesn't see how horrible she is. I liked that scene. 

SY wanting to fake the results is hilarious. She is miserable pretending she is someone she is not and she wants JiHo to do it just so she can be married to the son of CH group. HAHA

3 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

SY wanting to fake the results is hilarious. She is miserable pretending she is someone she is not and she wants JiHo to do it just so she can be married to the son of CH group. HAHA

i really hope that Jiho is not Inha half brother, i hope a twist later, maybe Jiho's father is a poor man

6 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

@backstreetboysfan Where did those preemption dates and reasons come from?  MBC's website says it is because of baseball on the 8th, but it looks like it will air on the 9th. The KBS schedule for today (November 8th) still has both dramas airing.

I get the info from here (near the bottom of the page.

Witch's Game/Episode Ratings - DramaWiki (d-addicts.com)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheQueenReturns said:

@CupcakeEonni too many preemptions make me lose interest. I kind of already losing interest and then need to bring the main female lead forward. Is that she playing the background character anybody else is important but her.

I question the so called FL's role too. Her scenes were tame and her character as a goody-two shoes from young till 30 is so boring. It looks like A Man in a Veil where the SFL was in the limelight for most of the episodes. The actress took full advantage of her horrid character. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, marrez1 said:

i really hope that Jiho is not Inha half brother, i hope a twist later, maybe Jiho's father is a poor man

am the opposite. think it will be entertaining if jiho is inha's half brother for real. chairman needs a reality check and nothing like her own blood who is just as much as of a shark as her... 

Shark Week GIF by Storyful 

6 hours ago, maribella said:

I question the so called FL's role too. Her scenes were tame and her character as a goody-two shoes from young till 30 is so boring. It looks like A Man in a Veil where the SFL was in the limelight for most of the episodes. The actress took full advantage of her horrid character. 

yea she is too boring. not really interested in her journey. everyone else is rather grey and are enjoying chewing up their scenes. however, it may turn out that this is a game of sharks and therefore, she too will show her jaws later. :D 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Waiting on subs for todays episode ...

Yesterdays episode was great, looks like we're getting set for a leap forward

- HS & crew will win the competition and bring her up in the company

- I'm betting Ji Ho is of Ma blood and In Ha's half brother

- Not sure how YK can twist this to her advantage even if she intercepts Ma's requested DNA test as surely Ji Ho would try to run one of his own.

Of all the take downs in this episode I gotta give the win to In Ha's verbal smack down on SY, thats gonna set the bar moving forward.

Looks like the story is finally stretching its legs.

• Like 4

On 11/8/2022 at 8:02 AM, Lmangla said:

am the opposite. think it will be entertaining if jiho is inha's half brother for real. chairman needs a reality check and nothing like her own blood who is just as much as of a shark as her... 

yea she is too boring. not really interested in her journey. everyone else is rather grey and are enjoying chewing up their scenes. however, it may turn out that this is a game of sharks and therefore, she too will show her jaws later. :D 

They’ll show FL as tough later, but it will be hard to believe after setting her up as so annoying. 

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote gifs. Thanks!
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Lmangla said:

I do not want him as InHa's half brother because it will give him an extra sense of entitlement. He's a hypocrite. He doesn't care about the justice he claims to be seeking with his job as a prosecutor. He constantly talks about his values and morals and then does the opposite. He abandoned his family for someone he knows is manipulative, claiming she "needs" him. He's trash. I don't want it to be easy for him, and having "rich blood" gives him an out. It also gives him an excuse to be gross. He's going to claim he is just getting back his birthright. 

Having Ma think that JiHo is her blood and being backed into a corner, forcing her to choose him over InHa, now that's revenge. Too bad for YG she is unknowingly doing the same with SY.

18 hours ago, Lmangla said:

is a game of sharks and therefore, she too will show her jaws later. :D 

like how? Fran Healy What GIF by Travis
:Megalol: I'm sorry, I can't help it.

She does not display confidence or appropriate emotions at all. No enthusiasm. When IH obliquely told her that she won, an over the moon reaction  would not be too much after what she had gone through. But no. I hope fake SY's actress gets an award.

I would like YK to manipulate JH's DNA so that both he and Ma thought they were related. Then Ma decided to make JH heir. After many underhanded dealings that alienated IH and her newly recovered son and DIL, YK  revealed her ace card the real DNA test for JH. In retaliation, Ma spilt the beans on SY. Both were devastated.

• Like 2

@maribella ~ we have watched enough dailys to know that some point, the kind FL has to go a little crazy. now whether this one will be effective is indeed a huge question mark. she is so meh in her characterization that it is hard to care. it is more likely that her shark turn won't be exciting. but luckily for us, the other sharks in this drama are far more interesting. we can just skip over this one! :) 

13 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

I do not want him as InHa's half brother because it will give him an extra sense of entitlement. He's a hypocrite. He doesn't care about the justice he claims to be seeking with his job as a prosecutor. He constantly talks about his values and morals and then does the opposite. He abandoned his family for someone he knows is manipulative, claiming she "needs" him. He's trash. I don't want it to be easy for him, and having "rich blood" gives him an out. It also gives him an excuse to be gross. He's going to claim he is just getting back his birthright. 

Having Ma think that JiHo is her blood and being backed into a corner, forcing her to choose him over InHa, now that's revenge. Too bad for YG she is unknowingly doing the same with SY.

am guessing that it will be a case of "be careful for what you wish for" -- so he will end up rich but then find himself incredibly miserable. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

am guessing that it will be a case of "be careful for what you wish for" -- so he will end up rich but then find himself incredibly miserable

I believe he isn't the really related to the Chairman at all. He will be come extremly EVIl and then he will be hit with the knowledge he is fake. This Truth will drive him insane because his mother will not tell him the real truth since YG may actually blackmail her to keep quiet. lol lol lol 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

I believe he isn't the really related to the Chairman at all. He will be come extremly EVIl and then he will be hit with the knowledge he is fake. This Truth will drive him insane because his mother will not tell him the real truth since YG may actually blackmail her to keep quiet. lol lol lol 

I don't think he is either. In Episode 15when JH's mom shamelessly goes to HS and her Aunt to ask for a loan to pay the loan sharks the Aunt almost hits her for daring to come to them for money after what JH did to HS. The Aunt says "why don't you go to your rich ex-boyfriend and hope he wakes up to ask for money?" You could see JH's mom pause for a second. As she is walking across the bridge in the next scene we see the flashback of Ma coming to her house when JH was a baby able to sit up and telling her to stay away from her son or she does not know who she would loose looking at the kid and then throwing a envelope of money on the table.  Given how Ma seems to know everything that people around her are doing if this was really her grandson why would she leave him with his mother? They value blood and never really leave children outside of the family. Ma could have taken this child and paid the woman and made her sign away her rights and got around who the mother is later if anyone asks by putting JH under IH's mother's registry and when or if the child asks about his mother said she died. So why would she leave him with her? Yes, she looked down on this woman for where she came from but if JH is really her blood I can't see her not taking him to raise better. 

So I think someone did really tamper with that DNA report. Whether its YK or Ma herself I am not sure. If it is MA it's perfect because she does not want IH to marry SY. What better way then to put a fake with a fake and then use JH to go against YK.  If its YK then what better way then to get back at MA then to put this fake next to her and then hit her later with him being a fake after he has managed to get in and create havoc. All this before YK finds out that Ma intentionally switched her daughter with a fake. 

What I find interesting is Ma and SY automatically go to the percentage page in the DNA report but YK is looking at the actual metrics. If she was interested in if he is really related why not go to the percentage page like everyone else. I think it would be interesting if YK was not even looking at JH's dna but someone else's. 

I agree it looks like YK is forcing JH's mom to do something in the preview and I feel like its keeping quiet as well. The woman is greedy so I can see YK playing on that by telling her if she keeps quiet then JH can get everything he wanted and help his career. Of course the flip side of that as I am sure YK would never tell this woman is if he really isn't related then he will be ruined later and accused of being a fraud by everyone.

JH will end up with this entitlement big head and feel like its his due and will want to take everything away from IH especially with SY whispering in his ear.  He will do a lot of bad things for Ma I feel to prove himself crossing a line he can not come back from. If he is really a fake when he finds that out and realizes he was used and tricked he will want to take everything out of revenge and spite.  

• Like 2

By now after so many episodes, most of us should feel sympathy for JH as the conflicted father and ex-BF, but the writer and actor have not been very successful, so now it's interesting to observe that many of us want him to crash from the high position of being a C corp scion. Me too, two timing rubbish deserves to be dashed to the rocks.

I think different people have got two different results of JH's test. We will be left guessing for many episodes. Quite interesting. I wonder if the two secretaries will have their own stories.  

• Like 2

On 11/9/2022 at 9:00 AM, CupcakeEonni said:

I know Jin Ho is a trash to all of us here, however it would be very interesting if he's In Ha half brother.

First of all, will Chairman Cha accept him into CheonHa & put him into the family tree ?

If Jin Ho is indeed Chairman Cha blood grandson, will SYK marry off Se Young to Jin Ho ?

I want to see his evil sides how he is going to fight against In Ha, SYK & Chairman Cha. 

However, in kdrama dailies, there's also a possibilites that SYK will tamper with the DNA results. 

14 hours ago, maribella said:

I would like YK to manipulate JH's DNA so that both he and Ma thought they were related. Then Ma decided to make JH heir. After many underhanded dealings that alienated IH and her newly recovered son and DIL, YK  revealed her ace card the real DNA test for JH. In retaliation, Ma spilt the beans on SY. Both were devastated.

Possible SYK will manipulate the DNA results before it gets into Chairman Cha hands.

• Like 2

JH is not the grandson.

I wonder what Prosecutor Yoo will do now that everyone (almost) thinks that JH is a grandson of C Corp Ma. It seems he is a powerful, influential and intelligent man but his Achilles heel is his wife. Nevertheless, YK believes that he would react badly if he finds out that she had a child. Is there a logic here? She was married. Surely he knew. She would have stretch marks - most women do. Old doting husbands to young women are known to be fooled by the wives because they allowed it. I don't see YK's husband to be very old or her young or easily fooled. 
A wife who takes a a confidential call would make him suspicious.

@Thong Thin you are right Chingu.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Watching the subbed episode was so painful. HS was caught by Ma roaming around and HS was being cutesy with her and my goodness, the woman is a mother, not some teenage ingenue. The things she said made me cringe. Calling the open spaces a yard, then cutely called it a prison... I FFW. If she were inebriated she should have acted that way, and if not, she should have the manners not to run down a house where she was a guest. I am really beginning to dislike her.

• Like 6