[Drama 2022-2023] Witch's Game - 마녀의 게임 - Mon to Fri 8:50 - 9:30 KST

0ly40

5 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

That pix shows SYG pregnant and with a guy, will be very much interesting to know if

Sec An  is  her daughter

Her real daughter is HS, first few episodes. But SY, her mother and Cha connived and switched the DNA tests so SY impersonated her real daughter HS or birth name MiSoo.

Chairman Cha was in Gold Mask, I am afraid I have superimposed her here. Sorry people. :hwaiting2:

• Like 1

I like this daily as a serious drama - not that there can't be some lighthearted moments - I just can't stand the way fights between HS & JH are always made to be so ridiculously goofy ... she shows up out of nowhere, makes out of character pronouncements considering her current situation, and the stupid slow motion kicks/punches with JH looking dumbfounded

Jimmy Fallon Please GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

And please stop with the cartoonish angel/devils on shoulders bit :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

On 11/3/2022 at 1:50 PM, LeftCoastOppa said:

I like this daily as a serious drama - not that there can't be some lighthearted moments - I just can't stand the way fights between HS & JH are always made to be so ridiculously goofy ... she shows up out of nowhere, makes out of character pronouncements considering her current situation, and the stupid slow motion kicks/punches with JH looking dumbfounded

And please stop with the cartoonish angel/devils on shoulders bit :rolleyes:

Agree. Good shows have comic relief characters and never the leads.

This writer is writing combinations of allies and adversaries which change after a few episodes. It keeps us guessing and and he may pull it off or it may turn into a convulated storyline with viewers trying to make some sense out of it.

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote GIFs! Thanks!
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, maribella said:

Her real daughter is HS, first few episodes. But SY, her mother and Cha connived and switched the DNA tests so SY impersonated her real daughter HS or birth name MiSoo.

Chairman Cha was in Gold Mask, I am afraid I have superimposed her here. Sorry people. 

Ep 1 did revealed that HS is SYG daughter before the fire broke out.

I am just curious who is Secretary An who is willing to perform all those dirty tasks for SYG.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

Ep 1 did revealed that HS is SYG daughter before the fire broke out.

I am just curious who is Secretary An who is willing to perform all those dirty tasks for SYG.

Probably another orphan? It's unlikely that she is YK's child. The personal assistants have been working hand in glove with their bosses. 

There are always characters who grew up in orphanages in kdrama, surprisingly. 

• Like 5

Poor SY. Stealing someone's life and being sad about it. How horrible it must have been to grow up loved and rich, but still wanting more. Are we supposed to feel bad? That whole pity party was super cringe for me :grimace: But JH showing up and saying how lonely she must have been hehe It's true, but JH is thinking of the wrong stolen identity. I know I shouldn't have, but I laughed. 

I do not like that HS is a designer. I know for budget reasons they need a reason for her to be around the office, but with her educational background, I would prefer something else. I would have liked for them to do a time jump. During that 5 years she goes back to school and comes back a lawyer working with InHa. It would give her a lot more to do and I'd believe that far more than her being some fashion expert. It's such a waste of a good backstory. 

From the preview it seems like we are going to get another DNA test swap here, and I really would rather not. For YG, having JH as the son works to her advantage. She can marry SJ off to him and make a bid for a takeover of CH group. JH had such intense tunnel vision that it took an entire episode for him to be like... wait, is the chairman my daddy?! :joy:

P.S. That restaurant was UGLY !

1 hour ago, CupcakeEonni said:

JH had such intense tunnel vision that it took an entire episode for him to be like... wait, is the chairman my daddy?

I swear I screamed so hard wishing that he could realize it earlier. But his pathetic mom could just tell him. I found her extremely unbearable. Perhaps the acting is a bit fake.

In the preview, YK seemed more concerned about her background than JH's paternity. It may be questionable why Chairman Ma did not take the baby when she threatened JH's mother. It could be she knew he was not her grandson or an illegitimate was going to complicate things between IH's mum and dad. It was said in the summary that IH's parents married for some business reasons. Right now, it's 50/50 that JH and IH are half brothers.

I like a butt kicking lead and YK fits that mould. She even has secrets from her husband. I hope she finds HS is her daughter and kicks SY out for her role.

I don't think I could take 'poor SY, she has nothing'. If she had victimised innocents, naturally she should pay for it but she deserves to know or be with her family.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, melodictrain said:

So IH and SY are going to get married in about a month (announcement was made in late Oct as implied in the last ep and the wedding is in Dec). I am wondering if SY will run away from the wedding like JH did when she found out that JH was Ma's grandson.  There's no going back to HS for JH - he can just do that now when SY went along with the marriage with IH and hurt him but he chooses not to and still tries to win her back at all costs. HS should have known what this means too, which makes it hard to accept her actions.

I do not know if she will run away like he did at his wedding, but it is for sure that the wedding will not take place. Given both JH and SY personalities since he did it to HS she could do the same to IH. JH's biggest trump card is when he realizes he could be IH half brother. He will make haste to stop that wedding so he  can have SY as it gives him what he wants to climb up. So he will either try before the wedding or during humiliating everyone and not caring cause he is now a "rich heir". 

It looks like SY may go and do a DNA test to see if he is. It won't matter , because even if JH is not blood SY will make him blood in order to marry him and become madam of the company. I can't see SY telling him what she did and let him be super happy. He will be her ticket to get what she wants and that is power to not allow Ma to harm her, but she will find out later that JH will allow his own ambitions, greed and ego to grow and he won't listen to her. Especially when he finds out that she is a fraud and not the real Miso, but by that time they are already married. If that happens above and she fakes the DNA test and he maybe is not truly that man's son he will be hit hard by that truth in the end. 

JH will go to Ma with this and want her to acknowledge him. Ma may do it if it means she can use him for her own goals to hurt YK and get her out of the company and way. If she can frame her son with a slush fund she can frame and harm anyone. JH will think her acceptance and announcement means he has finally come up into the wealthy leagues as he wants and will never truly see that MA is using him. There is no way Ma would ever truly want someone over IH even if she kicks him out of the company or lets JH step on him for a bit. If so she would never let the man who stole her grandsons fiancée go (even if she did not like SY) when he was suppose to be such a good childhood friend. That showed his character right there as well as leaving his girlfriend of ten years who had his kid. If Ma wanted this grandson (and I wonder if he truly is) why did she not take him away from his mom back then and raise him? She is the type to make the  mother give up custody and not let her see her son. So why did she just pay his mother off back then? IF he is truly related then he has half the blood of that family and with her money she can erase his mother away and make up some story about her dying or something so he will not ask questions growing up. So is it she knew his mother pulled a fast one or it was who his mother was and her background? 

With JH's personality he will let this go to his head just like his mom and will want to parade in front of IH , HS and anyone he can to say he is now on the same level as IH. (but in actuality he is not.) I do not see JH siding with YK, HS or even IH to fight MA. His own greed and ambition will make him want to take everything on his own with no use for SY eventually.  By the time he realizes his mistake in his choices he is in too deep. The only way for him to do something to stop Ma will be if she betrays him or tries to harm him later and he realizes she was never truly related to him or just used him for her own means.

I feel that even when JH finds out that HS is the real Miso , SY will convince him to keep quiet. He will want to as well because it makes him look like a fool to have had the real Miso beside him with a ready made ticket to get all he wanted without having to do bad things and betray people but he is stuck with SY who he has to now keep her lies a secret to keep his place. If SY is kicked out so will he be. 

• Insightful 1

On 11/3/2022 at 5:31 PM, maribella said:

Probably another orphan? It's unlikely that she is YK's child. The personal assistants have been working hand in glove with their bosses. 

There are always characters who grew up in orphanages in kdrama, surprisingly. 

there's a possibility that Sec An is also from the orphanage. Hopefully, the writer let us

get to know her identity & how she gets to work with SYG.

6 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

Poor SY. Stealing someone's life and being sad about it. How horrible it must have been to grow up loved and rich, but still wanting more. Are we supposed to feel bad? That whole pity party was super cringe for me  But JH showing up and saying how lonely she must have been hehe It's true, but JH is thinking of the wrong stolen identity. I know I shouldn't have, but I laughed. 

I do not like that HS is a designer. I know for budget reasons they need a reason for her to be around the office, but with her educational background, I would prefer something else. I would have liked for them to do a time jump. During that 5 years she goes back to school and comes back a lawyer working with InHa. It would give her a lot more to do and I'd believe that far more than her being some fashion expert. It's such a waste of a good backstory. 

From the preview it seems like we are going to get another DNA test swap here, and I really would rather not. For YG, having JH as the son works to her advantage. She can marry SJ off to him and make a bid for a takeover of CH group. JH had such intense tunnel vision that it took an entire episode for him to be like... wait, is the chairman my daddy?! 

At one point I wanted to pity Se Young but then I rather not cause she is the one who stole someone identity and she thought she will have happiness together with wealth. However, she is damn wrong.

Hahaha, I was thinking hard why Hye Soo who studied law together with Ji Ho back then now

wants to be a designer. I do agreed with you, is better she works as In Ha legal adviser.

I did not expect the DNA test comes so soon. If Ji Ho & In Ha are half brothers, who do you think

SYG will chose as her son-in-law @maribella  @chococarmela  @CupcakeEonni

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thong Thin said:

did not expect the DNA test comes so soon. If Ji Ho & In Ha are half brothers, who do you think

SYG will chose as her son-in-law @maribella  @chococarmela  @CupcakeEonni

I think she' ll go with fake SY's choice. 

It's who Ma will choose as her heir is what I'm interested in. She is a cold hearted hag and has no problem burying her son when he was alive and kicking. But when he is almost killed she starts having qualms, but not for long. 

I think there will be a battle royal between IH and JH for C corp, IH will win because he grew up watching corporates operate. JH is only a learner.

• Like 1

Looks like JH may be a MA grandson after all - If YK is actually going to intercept the DNA test results, then I see her keeping it a secret to be used later. Perhaps after her real daughters identity is revealed, if Chairman Ma decides to try and go after her.  Or maybe she'll arrange to have JH go after Chairman Ma, and once she's convicted and prison bound, she'll send them both copies of the DNA test results - Checkmate B)

• Like 2

This show is making me sympathize with SY. She has so many secrets, and was probably traumatized living in an orphanage while having to pretend her real mom was her aunt: that would give anyone a messed-up head.  She’s showing what many want: to be cherished for their whole selves.  I know it’s pointless, but with Hye Soo so tedious, I’m hoping SY wins out in some way in the long run. 

18 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

Poor SY. Stealing someone's life and being sad about it. How horrible it must have been to grow up loved and rich, but still wanting more. Are we supposed to feel bad? That whole pity party was super cringe for me :grimace: But JH showing up and saying how lonely she must have been hehe It's true, but JH is thinking of the wrong stolen identity. I know I shouldn't have, but I laughed. 

I am so glad you lauhged because it is funny. I was just disgusted and furious at the audacity she feels lonely. SY is never satifised at all.  Her mom never gave he up , but she was still jealous of HS becasue HS was much smarter, kinder and talented. 

@tulip06

It is kind of you to pity her but you forgot one thing SY tried to kill HS . Do you remember how she was chocking HS in episode 2. I can never feel sad for her because she is SELEFISH. Yes her mom did her an injustice, but at least her mom didn't abandon her at all. She deserves all this pain and torment because she is the one who begged to be her daughter. She is also manipulating Seol Yoo Kyung to have a better life, does she even love that woman. I don't think so, her love is superficial. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886c925d94193f8b5ec23

• Like 1

@UnniSarahHow did SY know that the director was her mother? She had always called her auntie.

SY is a child from hell. Other orphans would be so happy to have a parent with them, even if secretly. The writer has created a greedy, rapacious and discontented pesona. Her soulmate is JH but she won't have enough. 

@backstreetboysfan  do we get episodes the coming week?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, maribella said:

Her soulmate is JH but she won't have enough. 

This. I used to be surprised when JH didn't leave SY knowing that she can be evil, nasty and constantly lying.  Taking this for granted will make SY suffer, as JH is the only one who is willing to do stay with her regardless.

18 hours ago, maribella said:

I think there will be a battle royal between IH and JH for C corp, IH will win because he grew up watching corporates operate. JH is only a learner.

Definitely there's a battle once Ji Ho found out that he belongs to Cheona Group.

However, knowing Ji Ho's greed he might do some dirty tricks to In Ha to win, but will not succeed.

16 hours ago, melodictrain said:

Is ep 17 aired today? I checked MBC's Youtube channel but there was no video about it :( 

Seems there's no Episode 17, just checked.

9 hours ago, tulip06 said:

This show is making me sympathize with SY. She has so many secrets, and was probably traumatized living in an orphanage while having to pretend her real mom was her aunt: that would give anyone a messed-up head.  She’s showing what many want: to be cherished for their whole selves.  I know it’s pointless, but with Hye Soo so tedious, I’m hoping SY wins out in some way in the long run. 

No, Se Young does not need to be sympahtize. She deservers it.

7 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

SY is never satifised at all.  

It is kind of you to pity her but you forgot one thing SY tried to kill HS . Do you remember how she was chocking HS in episode 2. I can never feel sad for her because she is SELEFISH. Yes her mom did her an injustice, but at least her mom didn't abandon her at all. She deserves all this pain and torment because she is the one who begged to be her daughter. She is also manipulating Seol Yoo Kyung to have a better life, does she even love that woman. I don't think so, her love is superficial. 

You were right about Se Young, she is selfish & no matter how much love she gets, still she is not satisfied because of only one person, Hye Soo who is always her big competitor.

• Blob 1

42 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

You were right about Se Young, she is selfish & no matter how much love she gets, still she is not satisfied because of only one person, Hye Soo who is always her big competitor.

She only imagined it because HS has been a pushover, no matter she had kicked or hit JH a couple of times. 

Fake SY is Chairman Ma in the making,  manipulative and greedy, which is why she's not satisfied, always discontented.

3 hours ago, melodictrain said:

Taking this for granted will make SY suffer, as JH is the only one who is willing to do stay with her regardless.

I wonder if the writer changes JH to a hero and pairs her with HS at the end, :neutral: