[Drama 2023] Doctor Cha , 닥터 차정숙 - Kim Byung Chul, Uhm Jung Hwa

0ly40

7 hours ago, partyon said:

He is not being clear on why he doesn't want a divorce. They should talk about things like that. It doesn't mean that she has to change her mind about the divorce, but closure is important, especially after such a long marriage.

He likely has not been clear on any matter of importance in spite of agreeing to a shotgun marriage and funding the children’s education with strings.  Oh, yeah plus taking care of his aging mother and her house or his home.  These are major items that I am certain he has never been clear with her on for 20 years.  

I am for divorce and his donating an organ that was refused initially and likely would not place her back at this place of danger.  

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

Here are the ratings for Episode 14 :).

“Doctor Cha” Heads Into Final Week On Ratings Rise; “The Real Has Come!” Climbs Back Up To 20 Percent

“Doctor Cha” Heads Into Final Week On Ratings Rise; “The Real Has Come!” Climbs Back Up To 20 Percent

Viewership ratings for JTBC’s “Doctor Cha” climbed back up ahead of the final week of its run!

On May 28, the popular drama—which has just two episodes left to go—enjoyed a significant increase in viewership from its previous episode. After falling to a nationwide average of 14.4 percent the night before, “Doctor Cha” jumped back up to an average nationwide rating of 18.2 percent for its latest episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1590422wpp/doctor-cha-heads-into-final-week-on-ratings-rise-the-real-has-come-climbs-back-up-to-20-percent

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 2

9 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Man or handbag

chingu, you know why she picked handbag.. she can't even remember if cheating husband is good with his skills anymore (after she murmured it to the male patient..)

• LOL 7

3 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

chingu, you know why she picked handbag.. she can't even remember if cheating husband is good with his skills anymore (after she murmured it to the male patient..)

he should remind her of his skill:D

IMG-7386.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

36 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

# replace the old with a new 

Replace her hubby with @confusedheart's oppa ?!?!? :dizzy: Does @confusedheart know? :scream:

Okay, so chingus, I wasn't gonna put up a poll but I changed my mind! :sweats:

Let's Doctor CHA CHA CHA until the very end! :partyblob:

k%C3%A4%C3%A4rij%C3%A4-kaarija.gif

Full video for those who love the Eurovision Song Contest :joy:

Spoiler

tagging: @Ameera Ali @agenth @YongZura⁷ @sadthe1st @rocat @STARSX @sweetroad @mskololia1 @ktcjdrama @TheQueenReturns @backstreetboysfan @nubianlegalmind @Newbie21SG @Latte_Anyday @maribella @Learry  @angela0612 @brooksmom @Nomorelisa @rozlinda samsuri @Gaia2u @Blizzardistkaputt @demarchelier @Sleepy Owl & everyone else :kiss_wink:

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

I didn't get my random thought script right i.e Dr. Roy's Kimberly is blood-related to Dr

Cha. :cry: however I did hope that he'll be the donor. ( Sorry for those who voted for it too)

He rather help her happily than you know who.  

P.s I just watched it recently since I'm still  travelling

• Like 1
  • Blob 5

On 5/29/2023 at 4:52 AM, Ameera Ali said:

Served her family like servant 

abandoned her dream 

her husband cheated on her 
she get sick 

writer isn’t enough you need to get sick again 

Too true, these kdrama writers just dump it on the wives/FLs, not the first show. I think they copy each other for each new show. Sometimes they put in a twist which improves it a bit. But really, do they have to make a character have such bad luck?

So the FL's life threatening sickness is going to define her new life after the operation. I say take the husband's then choose the young doctor. :smile:

This show reminds me of Temptation of the wife. Two women fighting over a middle aged cheating man, with droopy face and hardly the best actor. He was a chaebol, not enough to fight over him though. Imho.
IH looks like he was not a good looking baby, as a young man, now.:emmm:How could a woman give up everything for him? Ok he fathered her children, but still a bit much. I say grab the young doctor, if he gets antsy when she's 65 and looks at other women, who cares, she's had many best years of his life.

• LOL 4
  • Blob 2

9 hours ago, partyon said:

Okay, so chingus, I wasn't gonna put up a poll but I changed my mind!

i wanted to choose.. none, she will die. but then it will become a dead end for question 2.. hahaha

she can lead a carefree life partying with her bff.. So Ra can also join them since Jung Min is going for his militiary service!

3 strong independent women!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgI33XepE1K5DbuySWt9U

cr.: owner

2 hours ago, maribella said:

I say grab the young doctor, if he gets antsy when she's 65 and looks at other women, who cares, she's had many best years of his life.

when i read this, i think of @sweetroad chingu and her eyeliner oppa.. lol imagine her oppa in his near 60s and still with eyeliner!

Spoiler

jack-sparrow-johnny-depp.jpg

cr.: owner

• LOL 6
  • Blob 1

On 4/18/2023 at 6:20 AM, nubianlegalmind said:

So after watching the first two episodes and reading some of these misogynistic comments, I have a few thoughts.

When they were in medical school, it was clear the FL was a nerd, focused on her studies and somewhat detached from the social gossip and circles. Plain and simple, her husband went after her, took advantage of her naivite and then got her pregnant. They could've chosen to part ways, not have the baby or give up for adoption. They didn't have to get married, but they did. I don't recall her saying she knew he was with the other lady, and I am re-watching it. Either way decisions were made. This very well proves Othello's theory https://samplius.com/free-essay-examples/othello/, because I believe any person can adopt to anything, but in her case, I think she should understand that she was abused by her husband and give up the child for a better future of her own.

Not to mention, the mistress is giving horrible behavior. If I am smart, accomplished and wealthy, then I have options. Why would someone pine after a man for over 20 years if those are her stats. She could've been met someone else with more money, accomplishments who actually loves her. This is giving pathetic loser, especially when she had a whole meltdown about him considering the surgery to help his sick wife.

Now, the FL is flawed. As smart and pretty as she is, she has done what a LOT of women do and that is mule for her family. She is a whole slave in her house. A doormat, which is why her husband has no remorse for cheating on her and why her MIL doesn't respect her. That is her fault. She should've never allowed things to get to this point. How sad to be in need medically, and no one wants to help you that actually can help you. Marriage is also in sickness and in health. She had to find out the hard way (because she was too dense to see if for herself) that she is married to a LOSER and a mama's boy. Not to mention, she doesn't have any cards, car, house, nothing in her name.

I like that this crisis has helped her go back to what she trained for and loves. She is better off helping people in that manner and not her selfish family. Regardless of the circumstances of how they got together, it's been too many years and her husband talks to her like she is the scum of the earth. Just divorce already. Stop being miserable with someone you don't want. He would've never made it with the mistress. She would've never gave up her career, and doted on him and his mother like that.

This drama is tackling a very real issue in Korea right now. It is highlighting why they have the lowest birth rate in the world. Their marriage rate is also steadily falling because women are tired of being treated like second class citizens. Even when the mistress went to the shaman, he noted her accomplishments, then told her they meant nothing because she was born a woman. This is also an issue in Japan and China. Treating people like human beings should not be this hard. It will be interesting to see what type of doctor the FL will turn out to be.

You described this very well, I just looked and wanted to see other people's impressions and I'm glad I thought the same.:smort:

Edited by rosielindasay

Seung-hee and her daughter have been playing this fantasy in their heads about what their life would have been like if In-ho didn't end up with Dr. Cha. They see Dr. Cha's "perfect" family life that should have been theirs. What they don't see is that the perfect family life was mostly due to Dr. Cha not In-Ho. In-ho admitted that he has depended on Jeong-suk in taking care of the kids and his parents. Would Seung-hee have done the same? It's one thing to date someone. It's another to actually live with the person. As Jeond-suk said to Mi-hee, would Seung-hee and In-ho really be happy together? The analogy to a limited edition handbag was great. Coveting something but in the end being lost in the back of the closet. 

Hopefully, Deok-rye's letter to Seung-hee is a wake up call. The best ending for me would be both women leave the jerk.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dzareth said:

Dr Roy can't possibly be the donor coz he'll be the surgeon!

Oh, good point! It's not like Inho can take a break from bowel/colon surgery and do a liver transplant in the event Dr Cha chooses Dr Roy's liver.

9 minutes ago, demarchelier said:

What they don't see is that the perfect family life was mostly due to Dr. Cha not In-Ho. In-ho admitted that he has depended on Jeong-suk in taking care of the kids and his parents. Would Seung-hee have done the same?

Good insight. Seung-hee would have had to give up her medical career in order to take care of Inho's parents and the household as well as Dr Cha did. With the ambition we've seen Seung-hee have, I don't think that would've happened.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

On 5/30/2023 at 12:24 AM, maribella said:

Too true, these kdrama writers just dump it on the wives/FLs, not the first show.

Suffocating & suffering only for wife’s 

Only karma these cheating husband need to experience ARE LOSING THEIR MOJO:Megalol:

IMG-7979.gif

• LOL 5