[Drama 2022] Extraordinary Attorney Woo/Unusual Lawyer Woo Young Woo, 이상한 변호사 우영우

larus

19 hours ago, maribella said:

Yes, it's all in Korean.

This is the ratings for Episode 15.

ENA’s “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” is heading into its finale on a strong note!

According to Nielsen Korea, the August 17 broadcast of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” garnered an average nationwide rating of 13.779 percent for its second to last episode. This is a 1.0 percent dip in ratings from the previous episode’s score of 14.646 percent, but the drama still maintained an overwhelming lead as well as a viewership rating of 15.506 percent in the Seoul metropolitan area.

• Thanks 4

I kinda lost my steam in this drama at the tail end.... :GN1:

They probably find that they have portrayed KW too terrible as a lawyer and made such a sharp U-turn for him through SY.

Similarly, TSM is terrible as a mother and she was also transformed in the last episode into a human.  

Probably there was not enough runway to develop the characters properly hence the birth of season 2?:kicks:

I honestly would have preferred for it to end at season 1 for its novelty.     I am not as smitten as most people are by Junho so the romance is not a big part of the drama for me.   I think he would be a better friend for her instead of a lover as he would run out of steam for her.  It is easier for their relationship to remain stoic if he needs nothing from her.   Having said this, I am not sure if there could even be a better guy out there than Junho, probably does not exist...he is likely the best she would ever meet.  :cutekitty:

Nevertheless, I must give credit to Park Eun Bin for the fresh air she has created around Woo Young Woo as a good drama piece of work.:wow1:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

Saw the ending yesterday... wrapped up conveniently... hmm

1. I think its great that we met WYW's brother... and to see they have some similarities... then yes, that gene comes from the mother's side... :D

2. The mom being a nice mom in the last episode (so different from her previous drama, ahem... meloncholia)... makes the ending too easy...

3. There is still something missing between WYW and Junho... despite being ^together^ in the end.. and then seriosuly, compared to a cat??? :wut:

4. Happy to see Attorney Jung back with ex- wife.. i hope if there is a 2nd season, the wife will still allow him to do what he loves most, being a lawyer but with more discipline with his time with the wife.... his survival rate is about 5 years afterall... hmm

5. Minwoo ah... be nice, till the end...  if Sunshine likes u, its your good fortune to be love by Sunshine... hold on to that, she is a gem!

Overall, it was underwhelming ending... but it was okay i guess...

until the next drama people.. :foryou:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

I enjoyed the ending and the last two episodes. I laughed and got a bit emo there for WYW too. Attorney Jang is the most annoying character lol. I am glad CEO Han also didn’t go too far to just compete with WYW’s mom or exposed her and little bro to the media.

This has been one of the best Kdrama this year and am looking forward to season 2. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Even when yesterday's episode ended, it didn't daunt on me that was the last episode.  No big bangs, no explosive scenes, no one dies, i thought that was realistic. It was a well-written piece for a last episode too.

Yes, i agree the drama started to drag in the middle. The romance was unrealistically portrayed. The expected hoo-ha about her parentage didn't materialise after all.

The opening scene of Attorney Woo's brother strikes  a similar chord with Attorney Woo's mannerism.  Ohhhh, they should eat and chill together, I say. Their conversation is my favourite scene in the entire episode.

But i still cannot fathom the underlying intention of that Habada's CEO.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

My thoughts on the finale: 

I’m relieved and content that it’s a happy ending. :issohappy:

And about our whale couple, I’m glad they got back together. I was hoping for a wedding at the end, but the drama apparently would need more time to get to that point. I guess that’s what S2 is for. Hopefully. :lol:

And I’m gonna try not to focus on the parts of the drama that didn’t make much sense to me and just focus on the good. :joy:

Although this drama isn’t perfect, it’s one of the most enjoyable K-dramas I’ve watched in a long time, thanks especially to the cast. And I’m loving the fandom (and so grateful to them:yay:) for producing so many fanfics and fanart. Just:wow2:

:love::fullofhearts:

Thank you, everyone, for your posts!!  See you again in 2024! 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Extraordinary Attorney Woo: Episodes 15-16 (Final)

by Unit

ExtraordinaryAttorneyWoo16-00018.jpg

It’s time to bid farewell to our extraordinary attorney and reminisce on the journey we have gone through with her. It hasn’t been completely smooth sailing, but she has come a long way from when we first met her, and it has been really meaningful to watch her growth. It’s our heroine’s world – unusual, peculiar, valuable, and beautiful – and we’re all just living in it.

EPISODES 15-16 WEECAP

When a hacker gains access to the personal data of the customers of an online shopping mall, the mall gets hit with a fine from the Korea Communications Commission (KCC) for not properly protecting the data. The KCC pushes the case using a recent adjustment to the law – which unfortunately, was revised on the same day as the hacking. And with Myeong-seok recovering from surgery, (thank goodness!) the case is taken up by his work nemesis ATTORNEY JANG (Choi Dae-hoon).

Attorney Jang is a suck up and a show off, but he’s very strict with the junior lawyers – especially Young-woo, whom he shuts down on many occasions for, well, just saying Young-woo-like things. But it’s really vindicating for Young-woo when the judge says the exact same things in court to Attorney Jang. Lol. His approach to the case does nothing but draw ire from the general public, and things get worse when the customers approach Taesan to file a separate class-action suit against the shopping mall.

After some back and forth in court, the desperate founder of the mall swallows a cyanide pill and has to be rushed to the hospital. The incident takes a strain on Young-woo and she goes into another sensory overload, but Jun-ho stops himself from reaching out to her. Hmmm. And when the lawyers are accosted by the press as they leave the hospital, Attorney Jang abandons his juniors, and instructs Jun-ho to drive off. Wow!

Young-woo realizes that the phishing email was sent just a few minutes before midnight of the adjustment date, and she tells Attorney Jang, but he orders her off the case instead. Su-yeon tries to defend Young-woo, but she’s dragged out by Min-woo who is wary of offending the higher ups. Su-yeon then tells him that she likes men who are willing to play the fool for their colleagues, and stand up for what is right.

Young-woo and Jun-ho finally have the “why we broke up” talk, and she tells him although she likes him, she doesn’t think she can make him happy. Jun-ho says that just being with her makes him happy, but when Young-woo asks if he has never felt lonely at least once while with her, he doesn’t have an answer.

Young-woo not telling Jun-ho the reason, and not the breakup itself, was what annoyed me the most last week, because he’s not a mind-reader and there’s no way he would have known. But now that everything is in the open, the ball is in his court. He can either step aside, or push forward with the relationship knowing that there will be (a lot of) moments where Young-woo will inevitably make him feel lonely in the relationship. And it’s not for a lack of trying on her part, it is just what it is.

At the final hearing, Attorney Jang gets stuck with his closing argument, and Su-yeon jumps in to use Young-woo’s adjustment date point. Attorney Jang instructs her to stand down, but Min-woo also gets onboard with Su-yeon, causing the judge to take their point into consideration. With the tides now in their favor, a smug Attorney Jang basks in the glory of his juniors. But all I want to do is rest my knuckle on his head. Tsk.

News of the founder’s attempted suicide spreads online, and for the first time, we see the surprisingly young hacker behind the personal data breach. As he tries in vain to reach someone on the phone, his door is pushed open to reveal his mother who is none other than CEO Tae! What?! We’ve been hearing about her son who loves to stay indoors with his computer all day, but he’s no gamer as I thought — he’s a hacker? Good luck to CEO Tae getting that minister of justice position now.

CEO Tae’s son is high school freshman CHOI SANG-HYEON (Choi Hyun-jin). He’s a kimbap loving and organized boy much like his older half-sister, with a thing for Rubik’s cubes just like Young-woo and the whales. He confesses to the hacking, and CEO Tae scolds him for messing around, especially with her minister hearing right around the corner. Sang-hyeon asks if she has never made a mistake, and mentions that he knows about Young-woo. Whoa! He really hacked into his mum’s phone to confirm the illegitimate daughter rumors.

The hacking weighs on Sang-hyeon’s conscience, and since his mother won’t let him come clean, he visits the one person he thinks can help him – his big sister. It’s cute how he’s very matter-of-fact about their sibling relationship, and takes to calling Young-woo noona right off the bat. Sang-hyeon says that unlike some rich families who get their kids out of trouble, his mother scolds him whenever he does something wrong. But with her trying to get him out of trouble now, he doesn’t want them to end up like those rich families.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/08/extraordinary-attorney-woo-episodes-15-16-final/

• Like 4

23 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Overall, it was underwhelming ending... but it was okay i guess...

until the next drama people.. 

I think what would have made this drama better would have been a better fleshed out plot tying the cases better together and not so episodic. Like the way they did the brothers case was good, the final episode didn’t have its obligatory case intro since it continued from same case, and yes other episodes has two parts of a case too. But I felt like a lot of time was wasted on cases that frankly didn’t have a lot of impact to the finale like they could have if they were all tied together. Like, yes briefly mention the cases she does that may not be related to the plot but shows she’s working with all sorts of stuff, and keep the messages and food for thought you had through each case, but this show is too good and has so much more potential than treating it episodic with its new case at the beginning of each episode.

I would have liked to see at least one scene of JH and papa woo meeting. As well as so much more. I don’t know if we will even have that possibility in season 2 because I heard the actor is going to the military?

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

@philosophie... i dont mind the episodic cases actually if it was done well... i think it went downhill after the ^peter pan^ case... not everyone liked the idea that the man ^kidnapped^ the kids to be free from studying and he was acquitted for it... (or he wasnt, i forgot..).... the reaction to that episode wasnt well received i believed...

Yes, ive wanted Papa woo to met Junho and vice versa.. but it wssnt meant to be.... i mean they have kissed though she dislike hand touching, go figure... sigh.... maybe because  i wasnt really sold to the romance and the ending, being compared to a cat...doesnt sit well to me...

One thing is good perhaps... smart genes flow from the female side... so if WYW was to have a child, probably another genious in the making...

Yes, the actor is going to the military soon.. so may not be filming the drama's next season..... he seemed too polite as well, too conscious about the relationship i guess... i guess he must question himself, will the real junho really fall for wyw... no offense meant to fans of the couple... im all for it if he really likes and will take care of her.. but i think he is struggling with the idea too...

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

@philosophie... i dont mind the episodic cases actually if it was done well... i think it went downhill after the ^peter pan^ case... not everyone liked the idea that the man ^kidnapped^ the kids to be free from studying and he was acquitted for it... (or he wasnt, i forgot..).... the reaction to that episode wasnt well received i believed...

Yes, ive wanted Papa woo to met Junho and vice versa.. but it wssnt meant to be.... i mean they have kissed though she dislike hand touching, go figure... sigh.... maybe because  i wasnt really sold to the romance and the ending, being compared to a cat...doesnt sit well to me...

One thing is good perhaps... smart genes flow from the female side... so if WYW was to have a child, probably another genious in the making...

Yes, the actor is going to the military soon.. so may not be filming the drama's next season..... he seemed too polite as well, too conscious about the relationship i guess... i guess he must question himself, will the real junho really fall for wyw... no offense meant to fans of the couple... im all for it if he really likes and will take care of her.. but i think he is struggling with the idea too...

Similar to you, I am not convinced the romance can push through.   Junho comes across just as a polite person, I don't seem to be able to get a deeper side of him...hence I feel everything is pretty surface as of now...and I can't feel the longevity of the relationship.  Junho, as a character, has not much depth in this drama which is likely a point of failure of the romance for me.  He is just portrayed as a Mr Nice Guy.   I was thinking from the POV of WYW's father.    I also dislike the cat analogy.....it does not align well.

And the kidnapper case was also a bad one for me... making a scene in the court with the kids was just so inappropriate and until the end, he did not give the kids a right message to what he was doing, that was a big point of failure for me because the kids learnt nothing out of that foolish incident.   In fact, I was worried about the kids after watching what he had done....the loose ends were not tied up properly in that episode.    And if that case is a true one, I am even more worried...  lol

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

4 hours ago, K-dramafan22 said:

Similar to you, I am not convinced the romance can push through.   Junho comes across just as a polite person, I don't seem to be able to get a deeper side of him...hence I feel everything is pretty surface as of now...and I can't feel the longevity of the relationship.  Junho, as a character, has not much depth in this drama which is likely a point of failure of the romance for me.  He is just portrayed as a Mr Nice Guy.   I was thinking from the POV of WYW's father.    I also dislike the cat analogy.....it does not align well.

I can totally see that. I was waiting for them to go into his past about working with the disabled and him explaining why he chose to volunteer there. As well as why he wanted to work in law. I kind of understood the cat analogy as someone that owns a dog and interacted with cats before. Of course no one in a relationship wants to refer or be referred to a pet. But the thing is, the psychology/behavior of cats is not that different from YW.  She will be affectionate and give you attention when she is in the mood-but when she has one of her epiphanies or is busy doing her own thing, then she’s in her own little world like cats do. Just because my dog needs constant attention affection visa versa doesn’t mean he loves me more than a cat would. It’s just how they are in their nature and I respect that (but prefer my dog LOL). I hope this helps a little in outt8ng things 8n perspective.

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

@K-dramafan22... right, surface level... totally Mr Nice Guy feeling coz the writer wants him to be that... his background story was not dealt with  much scenes... hence we dont feel convienced with the romance ...

@philosophie... i understand why they use the cat/pet anology ... its great that he can accept that ... im just worried in real life WYW would be scammed as what the other special needs woman had to face in one of the cases...

But we wish the drama couple all our the best...:D

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

12 hours ago, philosophie said:

I can totally see that. I was waiting for them to go into his past about working with the disabled and him explaining why he chose to volunteer there. As well as why he wanted to work in law. I kind of understood the cat analogy as someone that owns a dog and interacted with cats before. Of course no one in a relationship wants to refer or be referred to a pet. But the thing is, the psychology/behavior of cats is not that different from YW.  She will be affectionate and give you attention when she is in the mood-but when she has one of her epiphanies or is busy doing her own thing, then she’s in her own little world like cats do. Just because my dog needs constant attention affection visa versa doesn’t mean he loves me more than a cat would. It’s just how they are in their nature and I respect that (but prefer my dog LOL). I hope this helps a little in outt8ng things 8n perspective.

It's just something I did not think would come from YW.   It's like saying that YW can understand tsundere which is a bit of a stretch for me.   Cats are tsundere.     

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

New Kang Tae Oh interview :).

"For nearly 8 months, I went back and forth between cold and hot days, and many of the staff worked hard and had fun filming. I want ExtraordinaryAttorneyWoo to remain as a work that can be healed by looking at it whenever you have a hard time after a day.”

"I'll have a brief hiatus from now on, but please don't forget me. I will not forget it and will come back with a mature image. I will come out in a more diverse form, so please look forward to it until then. Thank you." Serve well, Tae Oh! We'll wait for you on 2024 

KangTaeOh revealed that he did not know that he would receive a lot of love for his role as 'Nation's Disappointed Man'. "I didn't know that the line 'That's disappointing' would receive so much love. I tried to show Jun-ho's flow well."

LeeTaeHwan contacted me a while ago at the training camp, and he congratulated me. Also, he asked me to take a video and send it to him, so he said, 'Is it okay for a man to send it?' 

Spoiler

"I think each work was a turning point. After one work, a new branch of my life comes, I meet new people and new roles, and I start a new work. That's why, not the first half or the second half, I end up with countless scenes one by one. It seems to be,” he explained.

Spoiler

Kang Tae Oh's goal is to make her mother quit her job before enlisting and the dream came true because of ExtraordinaryAttorneyWoo. He was able to remodeled their house

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

Spontaneous reactions to ep. 16:

- psyched to know WYW has a younger brother, inner-screamed at the kimbap breakfast scene! that was so cute, they're similar yet different: he likes the sea too, but is focused on the technical aspect of sailing, and not on the animals. TSM seems to only give birth to geniuses... :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Joo Hyun Young On What Happens After The Ending Of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo,” Winning At Award Ceremonies, And More

Joo Hyun Young participated in a charming pictorial with Elle!

The actress is enjoying her popularity from the hit series “Extraordinary Attorney Woo,” where she played the iconic Dong Geurami.

When asked what she imagines happens after the ending of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo,” Joo Hyun Young candidly commented, “There will always be elements of conflict in the drama, but I personally hope that the relationship between Dong Geurami and Woo Young Woo (Park Eun Bin) will never go wrong. Dong Geurami makes Woo Young Woo happy, and Woo Young Woo also makes Dong Geurami happy.”

Joo-Hyun-Young-1-1-720x900.jpg

Joo Hyun Young won Best Female Entertainer at the 58th Baeksang Arts Awards and Best Rookie Female Entertainer at the 1st Blue Dragon Film Awards. Concerning those awards, she commented, “When I was a freshman in college, I was just like Reporter Joo (her character from ‘SNL’). I’m still very grateful to those who helped me and cheered for me at that time. I acted in hope that many people will empathize with and support Reporter Joo. Empathy has a huge influence.”

Joo-Hyun-Young-2-720x900.jpg

Joo Hyun Young is busy filming the drama “Call My Agent!” and movie “2 O’Clock Date” (literal title). She remarked, “With the advice of senior actors such as Lee Seo Jin and Sung Dong Il, I was able to act while keeping my balance well on the set.”

Spoiler

Joo-Hyun-Young-3-720x900.jpg

Joo Hyun Young’s full interview and pictorial will be available in the September issue of Elle.

Joo Hyun Young On What Happens After The Ending Of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo,” Winning At Award Ceremonies, And More | Soompi

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

On 8/19/2022 at 10:02 AM, K-dramafan22 said:

They probably find that they have portrayed KW too terrible as a lawyer and made such a sharp U-turn for him through SY.

Agree with this as well. Problem was that the transformation was totally random. We never saw an apology from him in any form or shape, nor the reason why he wanted to become a better person.

To be fair, with all the stunts he pulled, they could have easily stripped him of his rights as an attorney.

So didn't really like the fact that they tried to make him into a good guy in the end.

Am at least happy they didn't pair him up with our Attorney Sunshine - an open ending for them both was better.

On 8/19/2022 at 2:31 PM, realistic2280a said:

1. I think its great that we met WYW's brother... and to see they have some similarities... then yes, that gene comes from the mother's side... :D

I feel like Young Woo's brother was introduced too late. I would have loved to see more interaction between her and her brother, and we didn't really get anything. :tears:

On 8/19/2022 at 6:15 PM, Blizzardistkaputt said:

But i still cannot fathom the underlying intention of that Habada's CEO.

Yes, this was totally left out from the drama. The reason driving the Hanbada CEO to take down Tae Su Mi stayed a mystery and really took away from the ending. Hanbada CEO  confused me.

On 8/19/2022 at 10:31 PM, haruhi17 said:

And about our whale couple, I’m glad they got back together. I was hoping for a wedding at the end, but the drama apparently would need more time to get to that point.

I wasn't against the romance between Jun Ho and Young Woo. I think they actually made a pretty cute couple. I just wish that Jun Ho would have had the chance to meet and talk to Young Woo's dad. Also, we never got to see what Young Woo's dad told her on the phone right before the breakup.
This drama left a lot of questions unanswered.

:crybaby:

On 8/20/2022 at 1:36 PM, philosophie said:

I would have liked to see at least one scene of JH and papa woo meeting. As well as so much more. I don’t know if we will even have that possibility in season 2 because I heard the actor is going to the military?

He'll be back in 2024. They won't leave Junho out from season 2. :kiss_wink:

On 8/20/2022 at 11:46 PM, philosophie said:

I was waiting for them to go into his past about working with the disabled and him explaining why he chose to volunteer there. As well as why he wanted to work in law.

I think this was a major issue I had with the drama. That they didn't really flesh things out properly, but spent too much time on the cases. We never really got to see the reason why Tae Su Mi abandoned her daughter - didn't see her point of view at all.
This would have been important for Young Woo too, and just leaving that part out was a pity. Instead they throw in Attorney Jung's illness in the end - which again felt like totally unnecessary for the plot development. :unamused:

Overall, I felt like the drama was fine, but it's not one of the best dramas I've ever watched.

Also, don't get me or @Sleepy Owl started on the last case in ep 15 and 16. From an IT perspective it was TOTALLY unrealistic and would there be a company like that without the necessary protections in place, they should have totally been hit with the 300 billion won fine.

:kicks:

As much as I love Park Eun Bin, she didn't do a good job with the mannerisms of a person with autism. I read somewhere that she chose not to meet real people with autism nor watch videos of them. Therefore her mannerisms and way of speech was based 100% on what she read in literature.

Unfortunately, she didn't get it right, but instead "overdid" it. I am yet to meet anyone with autism who is so overly lively and childish with their mannerisms. She almost made it look silly, and that is something that I hope she improves on in season 2.

See you around peeps! :dorakiss:

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 1