[Drama 2022] Extraordinary Attorney Woo/Unusual Lawyer Woo Young Woo, 이상한 변호사 우영우

larus

If you compare Park Eun-bin's performance with some of the recent great performances of autistic characters by neurotypical actors (e.g., Tang Jun-sang in "Move to Heaven" and Oh Jeong-se in "It's Ok to Not be Ok") - or even Dustin Hoffman in "Rain Man," I think her performance falls short. For those other performances, you really forgot you were watching an actor, you were immersed in the character. I can't really say that I felt that while watching WYW.

Despite everything, I just adore this actress and love her in everything, and she did a great job. Some people on the spectrum are high-functioning and a lot of people around them don't even realize they are autistic, and I chose to interpret her performance that way.

In the end, I liked that the show focused on who she was as a person, rather than an "autistic person." She was someone with a strong moral compass and compassion for others, but she was also fiercely ambitious and made mistakes and errors in judgment. So I liked that.

As far as her relationship with Jun-ho... the two moments that stood out for me were when she tried on the wedding dress and giggled with glee, or when she beamed as she pressed her hand to the glass as he pressed his on the other side. These moments were just absolutely transcendent, and the look on her face was amazing. These moments made the relationship for me, and it made me feel that whatever they have together doesn't have to be examined and figured out by anyone else.

The case that I found the most interesting was the one case that WYW lost - the scammer who preyed on differently-abled women. WYW's perspective was novel and interesting - the true freedom to love whoever you want includes the freedom to love a scammer, if they chose. Neurotypical people have this same freedom - after all, Su-yeon dated a lying jerk, too - so can't differently-abled people have the freedom to make the same mistakes without others infantilizing them and defining their feelings for them? I thought that was a really interesting question.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

@chickfactor Thanks for your post! Enjoyed reading it! :kiss_wink:

Like you I wasn’t overly impressed by Park Eun Bin’s performance as Young Woo, but I was willing to set that aside as I felt the story and its premise was interesting.

I haven’t watched many kdramas with characters on the autistic spectrum. Actually I  have only watched two. Good Doctor and Attorney Woo.

Of these two, I feel like Joo Won portrayed more realistically and believably a high-functioning autistic person. For Attorney Woo I decided I would have to ignore the autism part and focus on Young Woo as an individual who was whatever the director and actress wanted to portray her as.

I do feel that labeling people  and seeing them as mere representatives of their labels takes away from the human experience and remembering that we are all the same deep down inside.

Despite that, I still have that nagging feeling that it would have been better if this drama production team would have focused on a more realistic portrayal of autism. It would have been a great chance to educate people not familiar with it. I also hope that no one feels offended by the almost caricature like portrayal we saw at times. I did hear some negative comments about it.

:frown:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

ParkEunBin's post drama interview thread for ExtraordinaryAttorneyWoo I personally think I am living as it is, but I think the number of autograph requests has increased. There are times when I realize that EAW has been watched by many people of all ages and genders.

"The channel (ENA) didn't even talk about the ratings in the first place, but internally, I heard that it was a new channel, so I heard that they thought it would be a hit even if only 3% of the channel came out. It made my heart feel heavier." The final rating hit 17.5%

The reason behind the success of EAW according to Park Eun Bin who played Woo Young Woo! "I think there are several factors. Thankfully, many reporters write good articles, and there are also many who sometimes approach the reality. I know that you gave a lot of opinions."

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

16 hours ago, partyon said:

As much as I love Park Eun Bin, she didn't do a good job with the mannerisms of a person with autism. I read somewhere that she chose not to meet real people with autism nor watch videos of them. Therefore her mannerisms and way of speech was based 100% on what she read in literature.

Unfortunately, she didn't get it right, but instead "overdid" it. I am yet to meet anyone with autism who is so overly lively and childish with their mannerisms. She almost made it look silly, and that is something that I hope she improves on in season 2.

See you around peeps! :dorakiss:

Chingu, I agree with you on so many things, especially the company not doing its security properly is really unreal....how can one cut corners like this with such high risks? *baffled*

I have this mixed feelings about Park Eun Bin since day 1.  She has done well in terms of drama effect which I appreciate but since I work with autistic people, there is a part of me which know that a number of stuff are not relatable, hence I try to put her into an "extraordinary" class of her own and enjoy the drama as a fictional drama.

1,  She is too lively and animated...those I have encountered are definitely not so full of expressions

2. Her ability to infer complex thinking and emotion is difficult to relate

3. While it's true that autism cause them to be afraid of loud sounds, they actually produce a lot of loud sounds themselves and anger is quite a frequent emotion expressed because they are very fixated on certain ways.  

There are many more details...

I guess the drama is not focusing on details.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Joo Jong Hyuk Talks About His “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Audition, Honest Thoughts On His Character Kwon Min Woo, And More

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” star Joo Jong Hyuk shared his honest thoughts on his character Kwon Min Woo in a new interview!

ENA’s hit drama “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” tells the story of Woo Young Woo (Park Eun Bin), a young lawyer with Asperger’s syndrome who joins a major law firm. Joo Jong Hyuk portrayed Woo Young Woo’s co-worker “tactician Kwon Min Woo,” a character who was unpopular among fans for his mean intentions.

The actor shared that the drama’s success took him by surprise and added, “It was so fascinating that people were watching. My fellow celebrities have been calling me ‘tactician Kwon Min Woo’ too. Like a proper noun, that has become my nickname. It’s to the point where I turn around when someone says ‘tactician.'”

Joo-Jong-Hyuk-1-1.jpeg

Joo Jong Hyuk also discussed the story of his audition, for which he prepared both Kwon Min Woo and a special guest character. For the former role, he auditioned with the scene where Kwon Min Woo insists that Woo Young Woo get a penalty for taking a leave from work without prior notice.

He explained, “At that time, I had only seen one Kwon Min Woo scene so I went without knowing what kind of character he was. When I saw that scene, I thought that Kwon Min Woo would go [dressed] very neatly. That’s how I did my audition and both the director and writer said I was Kwon Min Woo himself. That was the scene where I protested about giving Woo Young Woo a penalty and I prepared it as if [Kwon Min Woo] was a character who spoke the truth in a cruel way. I hadn’t thought of him as ‘tactician Kwon Min Woo’ at that point, but just as someone who had a lot of jealousy.”

Joo-Jong-Hyuk-2-1024x1536.jpeg

Spoiler

Joo-Jong-Hyuk-3-1024x1536.jpeg

Although Joo Jong Hyuk portrayed the role of Kwon Min Woo so well that the character was very disliked, he was not as hated at the beginning or the end. At first, Kwon Min Woo treated Woo Young Woo like a rival when everyone saw her as a weakling who needed their help, which earned him praise as an unbiased person. However, the character took matters too far by trying to beat her while on the same team and by revealing the truth about her birth to target her. Distaste for Kwon Min Woo grew even stronger because other characters like Jung Myung Suk (Kang Ki Young), Choi Su Yeon (Ha Yun Kyung), and Lee Jun Ho (Kang Tae Oh) were all so kind and lovable, but even they did not think of him as a villain by the end.

“Jung Myung Suk, Woo Young Woo, and Choi Su Yeon are all from Seoul University, but only Kwon Min Woo is from Hana University,” shared Joo Jong Hyuk. “He has a bit of an inferiority complex regarding that, which is what he’s expressing. From a different viewpoint, he’s an incredibly realistic character. There must be a certain extent of ‘tactician Kwon Min Woo’ in human nature and he’s a character who has that. Although he did a lot of hateful things, I don’t think he’s a bad person. He’s someone who does everything he can to survive.”

Spoiler

Joo-Jong-Hyuk-4-1024x1536.jpeg

Joo-Jong-Hyuk-5.jpeg

Regarding the chemistry and teamwork between all the Hanbada Law Firm employees, Joo Jong Hyuk commented, “I haven’t done many mini series projects so I had a lot of worries because I thought it’d be difficult. That’s why I prepared more and decided not to let go of my nerves, but all those worries disappeared right from the first filming. I think I thought, ‘if I create with these people, I can just enjoy myself, and if I just enjoy myself, Kwon Min Woo will come out well.’ I’m so thankful that we received as much love as we were happy.”

He praised each of his co-stars, sharing, “First off, senior actor Park Eun Bin did so well and was very tenacious so I thought ‘people like this play main characters.’ Kang Ki Young is really sensible. It feels like he knows exactly when he needs to come in. That’s why those scenes were so fun. I want to be like that too.”

Joo Jong Hyuk continued, “With Kang Tae Oh, I originally thought that actor Kang Tae Oh was very good, but he’s an actor who prepares a lot and works really hard. He works really diligently. Ha Yun Kyung is so fun. She’s an actress who can take on any role and accept anything, no matter who she’s put with. In that aspect, she’s a flexible actress.”

Spoiler

Joo-Jong-Hyuk-6-540x810.jpeg

The actor concluded, “I think ‘tactician Kwon Min Woo’ will remain as a really happy phrase to me. I had a variety of nicknames including ‘resignation recommended,’ but when I look back on them later, I think they’ll remain as such happy memories. Since I received lots of love as ‘tactician,’ I want to receive lots of love for my next project or character. Although my ‘life character’ is ‘tactician Kwon Min Woo’ right now, it’s my dream to continue creating new life characters in the future.”

Joo Jong Hyuk Talks About His “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Audition, Honest Thoughts On His Character Kwon Min Woo, And More | Soompi

• Like 2

1 hour ago, K-dramafan22 said:

3. While it's true that autism cause them to be afraid of loud sounds, they actually produce a lot of loud sounds themselves and anger is quite a frequent emotion expressed because they are very fixated on certain ways.  

There are many more details...

Chingu, I found this part strange as well. Anger is a very common emotion as it is an outlet for their anxiety. Try living in a world where you don’t understand other people and no one understands you. Yeah, it’s going to cause anxiety and in many cases depression too. We didn’t really see this side of Attorney Woo.

I just felt that they cut corners and portrayed someone who fit their narrative regardless if it adhered to the truth or not.

I Have No Idea Shrug GIF

• Like 3

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kang Tae Oh Shares His Thoughts On Malicious Comments, His Famous Line In “Extraordinary Attorney Woo,” And More

Kang Tae Oh boasts his masculine beauty in a new pictorial with GQ Korea!

In the pictorial, Kang Tae Oh draws attention with his nonchalant expressions and sexy atmosphere as opposed to the soft image he showed in “Extraordinary Attorney Woo.”

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” is a drama which tells the story of Woo Young Woo (Park Eun Bin), a young lawyer on the autism spectrum who joins a major law firm. Due to her high IQ of 164, impressive memory, and creative thought process, the brilliant Woo Young Woo graduates at the top of her class from the prestigious Seoul National University for both college and law school – but she still finds herself struggling when it comes to social interactions.

Kang Tae Oh has received lots of love through his character Lee Jun Ho, an attractive and thoughtful law firm employee who is head over heels for Woo Young Woo.

kang-tae-oh4-1139x1536.jpeg

In the interview that took place before the drama concluded, Kang Tae Oh shared his thoughts on various topics. When asked if he feels any different about Wednesdays, the actor replied, “For sure [it feels different]. I’m half-worried and half-anticipating at the same time because I already know the story that will be aired. I get very curious about the reactions [of the viewers] and whether it will turn out well.” Despite his curiosity, Kang Tae Oh added that he doesn’t look for the reactions on social media, saying, “Unless it’s pre-produced, filming goes on even when the drama is airing, and then I become conscious of the reactions. Whether it is a good reaction or a bad reaction, I am unable to concentrate on my acting if I start to care about it.”

He also shared his thoughts about malicious comments. He said, “I thought I wouldn’t [get offended]. Before, I was thinking, ‘Why do people get offended by comments?’ But when I confronted the bad comments about me, the damage was huge. Even when I am praised 100 times, it hurts if I get hated even just once. One day I saw a comment saying, ‘Why does an actor like him get cast as a male lead?’ When I see such a comment, I click on the dislike button for starters. I’m like, ‘Who liked this comment?’ with anger. (Laughs)”

kang-tae-oh5-1139x1536.jpeg

Kang Tae Oh shared his thoughts about filming the scene where Lee Jun Ho says, “That’s disappointing,” in episode 7. He remarked, “I was very worried about that scene. Jun Ho would always wait for Young Woo to take action, but it is the first scene where he approaches her first while taking action. There was a concern that it might look out of character from the Jun Ho I had portrayed before. His words, ‘That’s disappointing,’ doesn’t mean that he was just literally disappointed. He must have felt happy, shy, and embarrassed at the same time. There were so many thoughts and abstract emotions that couldn’t be explained in words. That’s why I tried several takes. I tried once with a smile, and I tried once like I’m really sad.” The last take was chosen in the end according to the actor.

Spoiler

kang-tae-oh8-1139x1536.jpeg

When asked what he is like when it comes to love, Kang Tae Oh commented, “I’m very sweet. I express [my feelings] a lot. If I like someone, I say, ‘I like you,’ and if I love someone, I say, ‘I love you.’ I especially say, ‘I love you,’ a lot.” But when it comes to saying things that he doesn’t like, he minces words because he is afraid that the other party will get offended.

Spoiler

kang-tae-oh3-800x539.jpeg

Regarding his thoughts on the mark the role of Lee Jun Ho left on Kang Tae Oh, the actor replied, “I feel like it has given me a warning before I enlist in the military, saying, ‘Do better from now on.’ Of course, I had a similar mindset before, but it feels like it’s giving me the advice one more time. Like, ‘Kang Tae Oh, you have a lot of people watching you now, so you have to do better.’”

Check out more photos of Kang Tae Oh!

Spoiler

kang-tae-oh2-1139x1536.jpeg

kang-tae-oh7-1139x1536.jpeg

kang-tae-oh1-1139x1536.jpeg

Kang Tae Oh Shares His Thoughts On Malicious Comments, His Famous Line In “Extraordinary Attorney Woo,” And More | Soompi

• Like 2

Kang Tae Oh Reveals His Favorite Scene From “Extraordinary Attorney Woo,” Hidden Struggles, How He Handled Park Eun Bin’s Honest Feedback, And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Aug 24, 2022
by M. Kang

Kang Tae Oh’s “that’s disappointing” is one of the most popular lines of the year thus far. And the man behind it saddened many in real life with news of his upcoming military service. But before he heads off, he has some insights to keep us hooked just a bit longer!

The actor stole the hearts of many with his role of Lee Jun Ho in “Extraordinary Attorney Woo,” a drama that tells the story of Woo Young Woo (Park Eun Bin), a young lawyer on the autism spectrum who joins a major law firm. Lee Jun Ho is a character that seems to have it all from the good looks to the good personality. As he fell for Woo Young Woo, the audience also fell in love with him. It’s no surprise that he ranked No. 1 on the list of most buzzworthy drama cast members for five consecutive weeks.

kang-tae-oh.jpeg

Recently, Kang Tae Oh sat down for an interview to share his closing thoughts on the series. He began by saying, “I’m thankful for all the love for ‘Extraordinary Attorney Woo.’ These eight weeks went by so fast. I looked forward to Wednesday and Thursday nights every week. I starred in [the drama], but I enjoyed it just the same as a regular viewer. The drama has ended, but I hope it stays with people for a long time.”

He reminisced about when he first received the script for the show and said, “It was so fun. I sped through it and really enjoyed the thrill and small bouts of joy that came with each case being resolved. I started wondering how great of a piece would be born out of it when met with amazing creators, so I really wanted to take it on.”

kang-tae-oh-1-1-1.jpeg

Reflecting on his role of Lee Jun Ho, the actor shared, “There were a lot of struggles. There were moments where the delicate emotions seemed way too amplified, and everything came across differently depending on the intensity of my expressions. We filmed the ‘that’s disappointing’ scene several times, but each take came out uniquely different. I contemplated a lot on how to keep a hold on my emotions. Also, with Jun Ho, there were a lot of instances where I had to express several emotions in just a sliver of a moment like when he worries about Young Woo and feels jealous but also finds her adorable. The director requested a lot of these, so I adjusted as I went.”

When asked if he is a perfectionist when it comes to acting, he answered, “I think it’s kind of true, but more than being a perfectionist, I think it’s that I try to stay objective. Between a carrot and stick, I give myself more of the latter. I feel like if it was the other way, I would eventually be too easy on myself. And when some hardship comes up, I would justify myself by thinking, ‘Isn’t this enough?’ So, if I can, I try to give myself the latter.”

Spoiler

kang-tae-oh-2-1.jpeg

Kang Tae Oh also shared that the scene he was most satisfied with was the scene where in between kisses, Lee Jun Ho explains to Woo Young Woo how to kiss. He explained, “That was a scene I worried about and contemplated on a lot. I was feeling a lot of pressure about delivering those lines. I just kept thinking, ‘How should I do this?’ I couldn’t come to a firm conclusion even as I worked with the script, so I figured I would go with the flow once on set. Rather than being intentional about it, I acted according to what felt right in the moment. I’m glad that it reached the viewers in a good way.”

Kang Tae Oh’s onscreen chemistry with Park Eun Bin was another point of interest throughout the series. On this, he mentioned, “When it comes to acting, Park Eun Bin is straightforward with her feedback. [She tells me] things like, ‘As Woo Young Woo, that line and your gaze really hit me as genuine,’ or, ‘That was a bit too cheesy.’ Discussing these things honestly helped us create more elaborate scenes.”

One of the scenes where their teamwork really shone through was when the two went through the revolving doors together. Thinking back on shooting the scene, Kang Tae Oh shared, “Revolving doors are scarier than you’d think. The timing as well as matching Park Eun Bin’s pace was tougher than I expected, so we had several outtakes. Think of a swan that looks elegant above water but is swimming intensely with its feet underwater. It really was no joke, kicking each other and getting caught by the door sensors. We invested a lot of time into filming that scene from several angles. Thanks to this, it came out beautifully.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1541730wpp/kang-tae-oh-reveals-his-favorite-scene-from-extraordinary-attorney-woo-hidden-struggles-how-he-handled-park-eun-bins-honest-feedback-and-more

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Sweeps Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings In Final Week On Air

In its final week on air, ENA’s “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” held onto its spot at the top of the list of most buzzworthy dramas—ending a perfect eight-week streak at No. 1!

Ever since its premiere two months ago, “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” has topped Good Data Corporation’s rankings of each week’s most buzzworthy dramas without fail, and its final week proved no exception.

In addition to “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” remaining No. 1 on the list of most buzzworthy dramas, its stars also continued to dominate the list of most buzzworthy drama cast members, claiming six out of the top 10 spots this week. Park Eun Bin came in at No. 1, Kang Tae Oh at No. 2, Jin Kyung at No. 4, Kang Ki Young at No. 5, Ha Yoon Kyung at No. 7, and Joo Jong Hyuk at No. 8.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the third week of August are as follows:

1. ENA “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”
  2. MBC “Big Mouth”
  3. tvN “Alchemy of Souls”
  4. KBS2 “It’s Beautiful Now”
  5. JTBC “The Good Detective 2”
  6. SBS “Today’s Webtoon
  7. KBS2 “Gold Mask”
  8. tvN “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist
  9. KBS2 “Café Minamdang”
  10. KBS1 “Bravo, My Life”

Most-Buzzworthy-Dramas-3-540x540.jpg

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Park Eun Bin (“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)
  2. Kang Tae Oh (“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)
  3. Lee Jong Suk (“Big Mouth”)
  4. Jin Kyung (“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)
  5. Kang Ki Young (“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)
  6. Jung So Min (“Alchemy of Souls”)
  7. Ha Yoon Kyung (“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)
  8. Joo Jong Hyuk (“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”) 
  9. YoonA (“Big Mouth”)
  10. Lee Jae Wook (“Alchemy of Souls”)

Most-Buzzworthy-Drama-Cast-Members-1-1-5\

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Sweeps Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings In Final Week On Air | Soompi

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Park Eun Bin Shares What “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Means To Her, Difficulties In Approaching Her Role As Woo Young Woo, And More

Park Eun Bin has talked about “Extraordinary Attorney Woo,” what the drama means to her, and more in an interview with ET News!

In ENA’s hit drama “Extraordinary Attorney Woo,” Park Eun Bin starred as the titular Woo Young Woo, a young lawyer with Asperger’s syndrome who joins a major law firm.

Given the immense popularity of the show, the actress was asked if she felt a difference from before and after the broadcasts. Park Eun Bin answered, “While it’s true that I put a lot of effort into the drama, I left the popularity up to the viewers after the broadcasts and didn’t have expectations.” She continued with a laugh, “I was a bit scared at the unexpected, explosive response right after the broadcasts. Personally, I think I am living the same but I get asked for my autograph more often.”

Park-Eun-Bin-1-1-768x1151.jpeg

Looking back to her decision to star in the drama, Park Eun Bin revealed, “They say that being an actor is standing at the forefront of criticism but when I read the script, it felt so difficult. I especially didn’t have the confidence to take on a character that needed to be approached without prejudice.”

She continued, “However, the director and writer said paying attention to that is necessary and I thought that I needed to try living up to that trust.”

To create her version of Woo Young Woo, Park Eun Bin commented, “It was both positive and negative that the story changed with each episode. I made it the main point to get viewers on Woo Young Woo’s side, who talks about an unusual and weird but meaningful and beautiful life.”

She elaborated, “I decided that it was my moral responsibility to exclude references as much as possible and not use real autistic people as a means, in order to emphasize Woo Young Woo’s uniqueness. Woo Young Woo is not a representative or spokesperson for autistic people so I wanted to show her individual traits.”

Park-Eun-Bin-2-1024x1536.jpeg

Spoiler

Park-Eun-Bin-5-1024x1536.jpeg

On how “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” will last in her memory, Park Eun Bin shared, “It’s a project that made me feel unfamiliar with the fear of trying new things. Young Woo is more mature than me. She knows the weight and influence adults have and is someone who wants to use that influence in a good place. The saying ‘I will try to overcome unfamiliar and uncomfortable things’ speaks to me like a magic spell.”

In university, Park Eun Bin majored in psychology and media communication, which isn’t seen often among actors. She explained that she chose these majors because of her interest in human relationships and learning more about herself.

Digging deeper, she elaborated on this experience as she described the differences between human Park Eun Bin and actress Park Eun Bin. “As everyone sees, actress Park Eun Bin is someone who likes acting. I’m still in the process of getting to know human Park Eun Bin. My fans say ‘you know and then you don’t’ [about me], but like that, I dislike being defined as this or that.”

Spoiler

Park-Eun-Bin-3-1024x1536.jpeg

After debuting as a child actress, Park Eun Bin has been promoting constantly for over two decades. When asked about feeling exhausted and how she recovers, Park Eun Bin shared honestly with a laugh that she was feeling tired these days.

She explained, “I’m the type to make good decisions and immerse into acting with good focus, but right after I finished 20 episodes of ‘The King’s Affection,’ with barely any rest, I went right into ‘Extraordinary Attorney Woo.’ I have good endurance but after acting for seven months in ‘Extraordinary Attorney Woo’ where there was pressure for my character and acting, I am now thinking of rest.”

Due to the success of the drama, the main cast and crew of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” recently head off on a short vacation to Bali. Referring to that, Park Eun Bin shared that her favorite way to rest was doing nothing and just releasing.

Spoiler

Park-Eun-Bin-4-1024x1536.jpeg

Before the drama’s finale, ASTORY’s CEO Lee Sang Baek shared his hopes and plans to produce a second season. With regards to this, Park Eun Bin commented, “I haven’t specifically received anything for Season 2.”

She continued, “For my next project, it will firstly be after I get some rest and I think I’ll need consideration and determination. From my image up until now that I’ve wrapped up through my affection for Woo Young Woo, in order to prepare to showcase a new and different type of present, I think I will have to evaluate [my next role] as much as I did for this project, if not more.”

Park Eun Bin Shares What “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Means To Her, Difficulties In Approaching Her Role As Woo Young Woo, And More | Soompi

• Like 4

On 8/25/2022 at 9:03 AM, lilyphenix said:

I so wanted Jun Ho to meet WYW's dad... I think it's my only regret about the finale.

I completely agree. Iwas waiting so much for this scene! And honestly...what do you guys think about YW staying at hanbada? Now that I had some time to process the show and let the finale sink in I realized I also didn’t like that she stayed there. I had been hoping she and the team would work for the social justice lawyer lady or their team leaders own firm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 2

Kang-Tae-Oh-1-2.jpg?s=900x600&e=t

Kang Tae Oh Announces Military Enlistment Date

Kang Tae Oh has officially announced his plans for his upcoming military enlistment!

On August 31, Kang Tae Oh held his online fan meeting “TikTok Stage Connect: SweeTaeOh.” During the event, he personally announced to his fans all over the world that he would be enlisting in the army as an active-duty soldier on September 20.

While the actor previously confirmed that “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” would be his final drama before enlisting in the military, he had never before mentioned a specific date for his enlistment.

However, Kang Tae Oh fans can still look forward to a new release during his military service: the actor has already completed filming for “Target” (literal translation), his upcoming thriller movie with Shin Hye Sun.

Meanwhile, the star recently reunited with the cast and crew of his drama “Run On” to say his goodbyes before his enlistment.

Wishing Kang Tae Oh all the best during his upcoming service!

Kang Tae Oh Announces Military Enlistment Date | Soompi

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Joo Hyun Young Talks About Receiving Inspiration From BIGBANG, Funniest Cast Member Of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo,” And More

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” star Joo Hyun Young has a breathtaking smile in her new pictorial for @star1!

In the interview for the pictorial, Joo Hyun Young talked about her character Dong Geurami’s famous greeting. She shared, “BIGBANG crossed my mind. When I was in school, ‘B to the I to the Bang Bang’ was really popular, so I sang along to it a lot, and I made [the greeting] after receiving inspiration from that.”

Joo-Hyun-Young-2-1024x1536.jpeg

Regarding her chemistry with the other actors of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo,” Joo Hyun Young shared, “We were all amazed at how people who are on the same wavelength could meet through one project. Our humor was also on the same wavelength.” As the funniest cast member, Joo Hyun Young chose Ha Yun Kyung. She explained, “A person funnier than me is ‘spring sunshine’ Ha Yun Kyung. She is really funny in private settings. When I talk with her, I always laugh out loud to the point that I’m rolling over with laughter.”

Joo-Hyun-Young-4-1024x1536.jpeg

Joo Hyun Young also shared, “Every time [Park Eun Bin] finished one scene, everyone would give a standing ovation. Her memorization skills that took on such a great amount of lines are unbelievable. I learned a lot from watching. It was a great fortune to just be able to work together with Park Eun Bin in one project.”

Spoiler

Joo-Hyun-Young-3-1024x1536.jpeg

When asked what character she will showcase next after portraying various sides of her through “Saturday Night Live” (“SNL”), Joo Hyun Young replied, “Honestly, I’m depleted [of ideas]. I’ve showed off each one of my skills. Everyone keeps asking me if there’s more, but I’m worried since there really isn’t any. A new season of ‘SNL’ will start soon, but I’m at a loss for what to do then.”

Spoiler

Joo-Hyun-Young-1024x1536.jpeg

Finally, Joo Hyun Young revealed that unlike her current image, she was actually a quiet student back in her school days. She shared, “I heard that my peers from my school days are really shocked seeing me on television. According to those people that I attended school with, I was very soft-spoken and had an image of a gentle student.”

Joo Hyun Young’s full interview and pictorial will be available through the September issue of @star1.

Joo Hyun Young Talks About Receiving Inspiration From BIGBANG, Funniest Cast Member Of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo,” And More | Soompi

• Like 1

2022 APAN Star Awards Announces Nominees

Aug 31, 2022
by L. Kim

The nominees for the 2022 APAN Star Awards have been revealed!

The event will be held at the Korea International Exhibition Center (KINTEX) in Ilsan, Gyeonggi Province on September 29. It has been confirmed that Yuri and Jung Il Woo will be the MCs of this year’s APAN Star Awards.

Check out this year’s nominees below!

Drama of the Year: 

Netflix’s “Squid Game”

MBC’s “The Red Sleeve

JTBC’s “My Liberation Notes”

tvN’s “Our Blues”

ENA’s “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”

Best Director:

Kim Hee Won (tvN’s “Vincenzo”)

Yoo In Sik (ENA’s “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)

Jung Ji In and Song Yeon Hwa (MBC’s “The Red Sleeve”)

Han Joon Hee (Netflix’s “D.P.”)

Hwang Dong Hyuk (Netflix’s “Squid Game”)

Best Writer:

Kim Min Seok (Netflix’s “Juvenile Justice”)

Noh Hee Kyung (tvN’s “Our Blues”)

Moon Ji Won (ENA’s “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)

Park Hae Young (JTBC’s “My Liberation Notes”)

Jung Hae Ri (“MBC’s “The Red Sleeve”)

Best Supporting Actress:

Kim Shin Rok (Netflix’s “Hellbound”)

Kim Ji Hyun (JTBC’s “Thirty-Nine”)

Baek Ji Won (Coupang Play’s “Anna,” ENA’s “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)

Lee El (JTBC’s “My Liberation Notes”)

Cha Ji Yeon (SBS’s “Taxi Driver”)

Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries:

Kim Tae Ri (tvN’s “Twenty Five, Twenty One)

Park Eun Bin (KBS2’s “The King’s Affection,” “ENA’s “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)

Seo Hyun Jin (tvN’s “Why Her?”)

Shin Min Ah (tvN’s “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha,” tvN’s “Our Blues”)

Honey Lee (SBS’s “One the Woman”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1543034wpp/2022-apan-star-awards-announces-nominees

• Like 2