[Drama 2022] Extraordinary Attorney Woo/Unusual Lawyer Woo Young Woo, 이상한 변호사 우영우

larus

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Park Eun Bin Talks About The Origins Of The Iconic “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Greeting, Her Favorite Scene, And More

Park Eun Bin has reminisced on her time as Woo Young Woo in a new interview with MBN!

Last month, ENA’s hit drama “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” came to an end as it wrapped up its story about Woo Young Woo, a young lawyer with Asperger’s syndrome who joins a major law firm.

Despite premiering to viewership ratings in the 0 percent range, the drama quickly gained traction and became ENA’s most-watched program by only the fourth episode. After continuously breaking its own viewership ratings record, the finale of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” did not disappoint by breaking the record once more with an average nationwide rating of 17.5 percent.

From the characters, to the script, and to the story, every aspect of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” became a trend and a hot topic throughout its broadcast run. When asked what she thought drove this explosive popularity, Park Eun Bin credited reporters for writing good articles and think pieces on the drama.

She added, “I too don’t know what the factors of popularity were. But my thoughts as an actress are that the character of Woo Young Woo drew attention and became a person people wanted to support, so I dare believe that people wanted to witness examples of how Woo Young Woo faced the world and through what processes she moved forward with. With the plot progressing through the perspective of Woo Young Woo who has a distinctiveness as someone with Asperger’s, I think viewers saw Woo Young Woo’s perspective of and approach to the world as an example.”

Park-Eun-Bin-3-1024x1536.jpeg

One of the many key points in Woo Young Woo’s story was her romance with co-worker Lee Jun Ho (Kang Tae Oh). Their love story was met with varied opinions, of which Park Eun Bin commented, “Something I felt while working on this project was that ‘in one’s existence, is anything really impossible?’ Just like with stories in the media, dramas do not have to create through real world examples.”

She elaborated, “If the message that aims to be conveyed through the character of Woo Young Woo is expressed as the freedom of the creators, within that, I think we are able to show that through Young Woo and Lee Jun Ho’s love, this kind of love is possible too. Some might think of it as a utopia and some may view it as an unrealistic wish, but if the generation where we care about, understand, and hug each other can grow wider, and our ability to hug becomes greater, I hope viewers will feel that the person Woo Young Woo has shown us can exist wherever, whenever.”

While “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” followed a similar format throughout, the characters focused on a different case in each episode. Park Eun Bin was asked which episode’s message she liked the best and she chose Episode 3. She then explained, “For the episode that best informs about various spectrum disorders, Episode 3 is the closest, but I personally believe that the story about the narwhal is the message that penetrates our drama.”

Park Eun Bin picked this narwhal story scene as her favorite, which is when Woo Young Woo is speaking with Tae Su Mi (Jin Kyung) after finding out that she is her mother. “It’s the scene where Woo Young Woo accepts that in this world, she’s a narwhal among all the beluga whales that swim around the vast ocean, that the life of a narwhal is not at all lonely, and that it’s okay because this is her life,” Park Eun Bin explains. “Her saying this may look unusual and peculiar but shows upfront that it’s also meaningful and beautiful.”

Park-Eun-Bin-1-1024x1536.jpeg

Possibly the most popular trend that came from “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” was the greeting Woo Young Woo has with her best friend Dong Geu Ra Mi (Joo Hyun Young). When asked how this iconic greeting came to be, Park Eun Bin revealed, “At first, the script said ‘Dong Geu Ra Mi Ra Mi’ and ‘Woo Young Woo Young Woo.’ By the time I joined after finishing ‘The King’s Affection,’ Joo Hyun Young had already met with the director and writer numerous times.”

She continued, “This Woo Young Woo greeting was 100 percent Dong Geu Ra Mi telling Woo Young Woo, ‘We have to create a routine for when we greet each other.’ Luckily, I think Hyun Young was thinking by herself how to greet each other in a way that develops the greeting written in the script. Since Dong Geu Ra Mi would’ve taught Woo Young Woo anyways, I had decided to follow what Hyun Young wanted to do. As Hyun Young created a greeting fit to become a trend, I got the desire to bring ‘Dong to the Geu to the Rami’ to life in a delightful way.”

In a previous interview, Park Eun Bin revealed that she hadn’t been told anything specific about a second season, although the CEO of ASTORY had shared his plans for one.

The actress explained, “Just like I had a variety of concerns before deciding on this project, I honestly believe I need to be even more determined to showcase a follow-up project that meets these expectations. To be honest, I’ve affectionately wrapped Woo Young Woo up and if you unwrap this and say ‘gift this to someone else’ with a different image, I think I’d have to think further about how to do more. Right now, in my heart, after fully feeling the emotion of pride, I think Young Woo will walk the path of becoming an even greater lawyer, and I think this imagery is something incredibly happy.”

Spoiler

Park-Eun-Bin-2-1024x1536.jpeg

Park Eun Bin Talks About The Origins Of The Iconic “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Greeting, Her Favorite Scene, And More | Soompi

All Things Fall! Bonus: Vote for the most anticipated upcoming dramas   :coolshades:

Chingus! We are back with a new event! It's about all things autumn. Moreover, we got lots of polls for you! Do check it out and let us know your thoughts about your about autumn. :yay:

News Flash • East Amwell Township, NJ • CivicEngage

Re: Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team

@confusedheart @partyon @Sleepy Owl and @agenth

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kang Tae Oh’s Agency Confirms Details For His Upcoming Military Enlistment

Further details have been announced for Kang Tae Oh’s upcoming military enlistment.

On September 15, the actor’s agency Man of Creation revealed, “Kang Tae Oh will enter the 37th division recruit training center located in Jeungpyeong County of North Chungcheong Province on September 20.” He will enter quietly without any special events.

The agency shared, “Kang Tae Oh will carry out all of his scheduled activities before September 20,” and added, “Please show warm support for Kang Tae Oh who will return after diligently carrying out his mandatory duties.”

Kang Tae Oh will receive basic training for four weeks and then serve as an active duty soldier for 18 months. His expected discharge date is March 19, 2024.

Wishing Kang Tae Oh a safe service!

Kang Tae Oh’s Agency Confirms Details For His Upcoming Military Enlistment | Soompi

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kang Tae Oh Bids Farewell To Fans + Shares Military-Ready Haircut Ahead Of Enlistment

Kang Tae Oh has bid farewell to fans before his military enlistment!

On September 19, Kang Tae Oh shared photos of his military-ready haircut on Instagram. He wrote in the caption, “I thank everyone for their support and abundant love. I will return bravely. See you soon.”

강태오 on Instagram: "많은 분들의 응원과 과분한 사랑 감사드립니다. 씩씩하게 잘 다녀올게요. 곧 봐요."

Several stars left supportive comments on Kang Tae Oh’s post, including Ahn Bo Hyun who wrote with the salute emoji, “Return safely.” Referring to Kang Tae Oh’s new hair, his “Run On” co-star Girls’ Generation‘s Sooyoung commented, “Chestnut, return well!!!”

Kang Tae Oh will officially enlist in the military on September 20 without any special events. He will receive basic training for four weeks and then serve as an active duty soldier for 18 months. Kang Tae Oh’s expected discharge date is March 19, 2024.

Kang Tae Oh Bids Farewell To Fans + Shares Military-Ready Haircut Ahead Of Enlistment | Soompi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo,” “Squid Game,” Kim Min Ha, And More Win At 2022 Asia Contents Awards

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 8, 2022
by S. Nam

The 2022 Asia Contents Awards (ACA) has announced its winners!

On October 8, the fourth annual Asia Contents Awards took place at the Busan Cinema Center with Jung Hae In and 2019 Miss Korea Kim Sae Yeon as MCs. Since 2019, ACA has celebrated excellence in television, over-the-top (OTT) streaming services, and online content through Asian regions including South Korea.

Best Actor when to Park Eun Bin for “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” and Suzuki Ryohei for “Mobile Emergency Room.” Park Eun Bin commented, “I received an award thanks to lawyer Woo Young Woo. I am grateful to the scriptwriter who allowed me to see great writing and act, the director who became my guide, and the staff members who were with me from the cold winter to summer, and I was able to wrap up [the drama] with smiles thanks to you all. I also sincerely thank the Hanbada Team and all the actors who appeared in each episode.” She added, “The time I spent with ‘Extraordinary Attorney Woo’ was special. I will become an actress who works hard to create good content.”

Best Content also went to “Extraordinary Attorney Woo,” and director Yoo In Sik shared, “I think it was thanks to actress Park Eun Bin that ‘Extraordinary Attorney Woo’ was able to receive love last summer.” He also expressed his gratitude for the actors, scriptwriter, staff, and production company. Finally, he commented, “Above all, thank you to the viewers who tuned in to the drama. The love is for our drama, but we know that it is the spring sunshine that is cheering for the narwhals.”

Best Content: “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”

Best Actor: Park Eun Bin (“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”), Suzuki Ryohei (“Mobile Emergency Room”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1548842wpp/extraordinary-attorney-woo-squid-game-kim-min-ha-and-more-win-at-2022-asia-contents-awards

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
by lo_ve, December 6, 2022
0 2

Some of the leads of the "Extraordinary Attorney Woo" K-drama are in talks to make a special appearance in the upcoming medical series "Dr.Romantic 3."

On December 6th, several media outlets reported that Ha Yoon Kyung, Joo Jong Hyuk, Joo Hyun Young, and Im Sung Jae will be making a special cameo role in the upcoming third installment of "Dr. Romantic." 

SBS gave their statement regarding the circulating news. The broadcast channel shared its side through the media outlet OSEN and stated, "It has not yet been decided if 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' casts  Ha Yoon Kyung, Joo Jong Hyuk, Joo Hyun Young, and Im Sung Jae will be appearing in the upcoming Dr. Romantic 3 series."

Both "Extraordinary Attorney Woo" and "Dr. Romantic 3" are projects of director Yoo In Shik and his production team. Many are expecting that some of the casts of the hit ENA series will give support to the director's new work for the year. 

"Extraordinary Attorney Woo" was the first project of the director and the production team in 2022. The series became a hit and ended successfully with its own highest viewer rating of 17.5%. It was one of the most talked about K-dramas of the year.

q7ejD_2f.png

Meanwhile, for 2023, the same production team will create the third season of "Dr.Romantic." 

"Dr.Romantic 3" will continue to showcase the life and struggles of the real doctors working at the humble hospital in the province called Doldam Hospital. 

The series will be led by Season 2 casts Han Seok Kyu, Lee Sung Kyung, Ahn Hyo Seop, Kim Joo Heon, Jin Kyung, and more. 

"Dr. Romantic 3" is scheduled to premiere in the first half of 2023. The upcoming k-drama will exclusively premiere on SBS. The first two seasons can still be viewed on the global OTT platform, Netflix. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/some-of-the-extraordinary-attorney-woo-casts-will-reportedly-make-a-cameo-in-dr-romantic-3

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” And “Pachinko” Nominated For 28th Critics Choice Awards

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” and “Pachinko” have been nominated for this year’s Critics Choice Awards!

On December 6 local time, the Critics Choice Association revealed the nominees for the 28th Critics Choice Awards. For the Best Foreign Language Series category, “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” and “Pachinko” were nominated alongside “1899,” “Borgen,” “Garcia!” “The Kingdom Exodus,” “Kleo,” “My Brilliant Friend,” and “Tehran.”

At the 27th Critics Choice Awards last year, “Squid Game” won two out of three awards it was nominated for including Best Foreign Language Series and Best Actor in a Drama Series (Lee Jung Jae). This marks the second consecutive year a Korean drama has been nominated for the category of Best Foreign Language Series. Previously at the 26th Critics Choice Awards, “Minari” also won Best Foreign Language Film.

The 28th Critics Choice Awards will take place on January 15 (local time) in Los Angeles at the Fairmont Century Plaza Hotel.

Congratulations to the casts and crews of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” and “Pachinko”!

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” And “Pachinko” Nominated For 28th Critics Choice Awards | Soompi

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Legal Eagles: 8 Must-Watch K-Dramas With Savvy Lawyers

Dec 22, 2022

Razor sharp interrogations, dramatic twists, strategic power plays, and maneuvering the moral high ground in the pursuit for justice… if you ever thought courtrooms were dull stuffy affairs, then think again.

Legal K-dramas rate high with their taut storylines of investigative plots, high octane court room action, and thrills and chills. From socio-political and economic issues to highlighting sensitive societal issues, these dramas are filled with moral questions, with just some romance thrown in to lighten up the mood. As the sharp-witted, perceptive legal eagles with a gift of the gab take center stage, they can be charmingly and calculatingly shrewd in their cause for justice.

So here is a list of eight legal dramas featuring some savvy lawyers who can outsmart their way out of the trickiest situations.

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”

Park-Eun-Bin-Ha-Yun-Kyung-3.jpeg

One of the most popular shows and rightly so, “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” made its way into people’s hearts and found a permanent corner there. The story focuses on a talented, genius rookie lawyer Woo Young Woo (Park Eun Bin), who has high-functioning autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and finds herself at one of the biggest law firms in Korea. Young Woo can be socially awkward, but she is a force to reckon with in court. She is brilliant and has a photographic memory, wit, and rather creative ways with which she handles cases. It’s not always a win-win for her as she sometimes fails, falls, and is even conflicted between personal and professional ideologies. But with each case, her “blue whale” eureka moments are endearing and uplifting to watch.

Young Woo has her own cheering squad with her supportive boss Jung Myeong Seok (Kang Ki Young), colleague and friend Choi Soo Yeon (Ha Yun Kyung), and Lee Jun Ho (Kang Tae Oh) from the legal team who not only helps her navigate revolving doors but also steps in to assisst her with cases. Park Eun Bin’s stellar performance as Young Woo is brilliant as the actor brings forth her character with the utmost sensitivity and sincerity. “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” is in talks for Season 2, and I can’t wait to watch what Young Woo does next.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1558649wpp/legal-eagles-8-must-watch-k-dramas-with-savvy-lawyers

• Like 1

7 More Must-Watch K-Dramas Of 2022

Dec 27, 2022

It’s already that time of year where we look back at the second half of 2022 and the impeccable K-dramas that we have been blessed with. In case you missed part one, you can check it out here. So without further ado, here is the list for more must-watch K-dramas.

Disclaimer: List is in no particular order and only K-dramas that are finished airing by the end of December 2022 are included.

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”

Extraordinary-Attorney-Woo-21.jpg

Woo Young Woo (Park Eun Bin) is a genius lawyer who is on the autism spectrum. She has been able to memorize law books from a young age, which leads to her to having a job at a law firm as an adult. She works with a team of very supportive lawyers who help those who deserve justice, and she also forms a love line with a co-worker at the law firm named Lee Jun Ho (Kang Tae Oh).

This drama is a given as it took the world by surprise. No one could have anticipated the joy and heartfelt emotions that Woo Young Woo and her team would bring. Seeing her overcome various obstacles as well as finding love with Lee Jun Ho made this the perfect K-drama storyline. It gives hope and inspiration for many.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1559079wpp/7-more-must-watch-k-dramas-of-2022

• Like 1

[2022 Year in Review] Heroes who stole my heart

by Dramaddictally

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/YIRheroes_5.jpg

Lee Jun-ho
Extraordinary Attorney Woo

Despite sharing a name with the most heart-stealing man on the planet, Jun-ho took some time to grow on me. I think it’s because romance is not the centerpiece of this drama and the relationship moves at a pace and scale that makes sense for the female lead (which is exactly what makes it so lovely). What I ended up loving most about Jun-ho is his careful attention to Young-woo’s boundaries. He knows when to shut up (which is a lot of the time) and when to speak up for himself. And when he does speak up, he makes Young-woo aware of his own boundaries in a way that’s revelatory — he presents a new way of doing things that she hasn’t considered (rather than getting defensive).

As a couple, these two grow together — Jun-ho learning about autism and being sensitive to Young-woo’s perspective, and Young-woo realizing how her actions often hurt Jun-ho. I had a serious soft spot for Kang Tae-oh after his role in Run On, but here he operates with such metered confidence and unabashed nerdiness that I cannot freakin’ wait to see what he does next.