[Drama 2022] Extraordinary Attorney Woo/Unusual Lawyer Woo Young Woo, 이상한 변호사 우영우

larus

Hmm. Read that there's indeed another season. Still unsure how to feel about it ha-ha.

Guess the constant mentions of the "mystery son of Taesan" will be a major theme for S 02 no? 

Hopefully most of the cast here remain for the next season. But how will they tackle Young Woo's Aspergers? Her relationship with Jun Ho? Then Min Woo as well as Attorney Jung? Most times the following season fail to recapture the magic of the original. Look at "The Penthouse", "Yumi's Cells".

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Hmm. Read that there's indeed another season. Still unsure how to feel about it ha-ha.

Guess the constant mentions of the "mystery son of Taesan" will be a major theme for S 02 no? 

Hopefully most of the cast here remain for the next season. But how will they tackle Young Woo's Aspergers? Her relationship with Jun Ho? Then Min Woo as well as Attorney Jung? Most times the following season fail to recapture the magic of the original. Look at "The Penthouse", "Yumi's Cells".

I agree with you....this one may not work well in season 2 like Penthouse, I absolutely hated it and both dramas Penthouse and Yumi Cells, I did not even continue watching.

4 hours ago, partyon said:

Nooooooo........... Not a season 2..... :crybaby:

Our nightmare came true....  :crazily:

• Shocked 2

by lo_ve, August 17, 2022
17 10

The hit series "Extraordinary Attorney Woo" will reportedly have a season 2. 

On August 17th, the media outlet Edaily reported that "Extraordinary Attorney Woo" will have a second season and it will premiere in 2024. It was also reported that the production company is doing its best to coordinate the schedule of all the casts, directors, writers, and the rest of the production team so everyone can return and no one will be replaced. 

Media outlet Newsen on the other hand shared that they have talked to the production of the drama and ENA stated that season 2 of "Extraordinary Attorney Woo" is still under discussion. 

"Extraordinary Attorney Woo" will be ending this week with only two episodes left. Many are already raising questions if there will be a second season of the hit ENA drama.

The series is being led by Park Eun Bin, Kang Tae Oh, Kang Ki Young, Ha Yoon Kyung, Joo Jong Hyuk, Joo Hyun Young, Jeon Bae Soo, Baek Ji Won, Jin Kyung, and more. 

"Extraordinary Attorney Woo" will air its 15th episode on August 17th and will conclude with the 16th episode on August 18th. 

To repay the love the viewers gave to the series, ENA decided to have a fan event wherein main leads Park Eun Bin, Kang Tae Oh, Kang Ki Young, Ha Yoon Kyung, Joo Jong Hyuk, Joo Hyun Young, and Jeon Bae Soo will be with 300 fans at the CGV Yongsan on August 18th to watch together the last episode of "Extraordinary Attorney Woo."

06PLE_2f.jpg

2024 may be the ideal premiere of the second season of "Extraordinary Attorney Woo." Male lead Kang Tae Oh will reportedly enlist this year and he will most likely be discharged from the military on 2024. Meanwhile, there is still no confirmation about Park Eun Bin's next project after the conclusion of "Extraordinary Attorney Woo."

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/extraordinary-attorney-woo-in-discussion-to-have-a-second-season

• Shocked 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, nrllee said:

Seeing they timed it for a 2024 release does that mean KTO won’t be in it?

Nah, he will be back in 2024. Mandatory enlistment is 18 months. So if he’s enlisting in 09/2022 he should be back by 04/2024. If filming starts at that point, they should be able to release S2 fall 2024

• Like 2

Youngwoo stepping back from the romance because she wants Junho to not have regrets in the future of getting lonely by giving more to the relationship.:sad1:Junho please reassure our extraordinary attorney to not be afraid of heartaches. To have faith that even if love withers it will bloom once again...

Spring sunshine instead of being wooed has to do the heavy lifting of turning tactician MinWoo into a sensitive human being.Why writer nim? Why?:evillaugh:

Looks like Tae SuMi will grow a conscience for her son's sake.I hope she forgoes running for Min of Justice and allows Young Woo to be a lawyer at Hanbada in peace. She should sign up to take parenting lessons from Young Woo's dad since she sucks at being one.

• Like 3

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Remains Most Buzzworthy Drama As Its Stars Sweep 6 Out Of Top 10 Spots On Actor List

As it gears up for its finale, ENA’s “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” has continued its reign over this week’s rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and actors!

For the seventh consecutive week, “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” ranked No. 1 on Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon.

Not only did “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” continue to top the list of most buzzworthy dramas, but star Kang Tae Oh also defended his position at No. 1 on the list of most buzzworthy drama cast members for the fifth week in a row. The drama’s cast absolutely dominated this week’s list, sweeping six out of the top 10 spots: aside from Kang Tae Oh, Park Eun Bin came in at No. 2, Kang Ki Young at No. 3, Ha Yoon Kyung at No. 5, Joo Jong Hyuk at No. 7, and Joo Hyun Young at No. 8.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the second week of August are as follows:

1. ENA “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”
  2. MBC “Big Mouth”
  3. tvN “Alchemy of Souls”
  4. KBS2 “It’s Beautiful Now”
  5. KBS2 “Gold Mask”
  6. JTBC “The Good Detective 2”
  7. ENA “New Recruit”
  8. KBS2 “If You Wish Upon Me”
  9. SBS “Today’s Webtoon
  10. tvN “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist

Most-Buzzworthy-Dramas-2-540x541.jpg

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Kang Tae Oh (“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)
  2. Park Eun Bin (“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)
  3. Kang Ki Young (“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)
  4. Lee Jong Suk (“Big Mouth”)
  5. Ha Yoon Kyung (“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)
  6. YoonA (“Big Mouth”)
  7. Joo Jong Hyuk (“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)
  8. Joo Hyun Young (“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)
  9. Ji Chang Wook (“If You Wish Upon Me”)
  10. Cha Ye Ryun (“Gold Mask”)

Most-Buzzworthy-Drama-Actors-540x541.jpg

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Remains Most Buzzworthy Drama As Its Stars Sweep 6 Out Of Top 10 Spots On Actor List | Soompi

• Like 4

For all his pomp & spiel, attorney Jang's just full of y'know what. He sucked at court. Like what was up with his pretentious american accent?! 

Missing Attorney Jung so much huhuhu~ it is sad that Jun Ho couldn't comfort Young Woo at court.. But it's good for her to learn to be independent more.

Data breach happens everyday, moreso now with the way many things are done online. I can't tell you just how annoyed I get at receiving unsolicited harassing calls. 

Looks like another couple is born - Min Woo, Soo Yeon. I liked how Soo Yeon supports Young Woo & how she stepped in for her at court. FINALLY. Min Woo grew up LoL. 

My heart breaks for Young Woo when she told Jun Ho she was afraid her aspergers is unpredictable and cause him to be neglected. 

Thank goodness hanbada ceo had good intentions phew LoL. And Young Woo's half-bro is a genius too; a genius hacker & the culprit behind Raon's data breach. 

One ep. before it's a wrap for this season of the drama. Looks like things will come to a head as Young Woo will be up against her mom on her half-bro's behalf. 

• Like 3

They are really serious about S2. Introducing the son who incidentally is a superduper hacker, I presume, at episode 15 says it all.

The woman must have a genius womb. No matter who fathered her child, they both are genii. The woman in Secret house has two children by different men, they are both bad offspring:grin:. Bad womb.

I hope to see someone tells Jang his days are over.

It looked like the hacker found out about YW before the article was published?

@backstreetboysfan what is the number 52.40? It is 4-5 times more than the next one.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

there are probably many lawyers like attny jang who worked up with their "ways" to become a senior lawyer in a firm. jang didnt do much research or preparation for his client; he sneaked off and ditched the rookie lawyers in front of the reporters; and worst didnt know how to present and defend the case at court. think working with this lawyer is a lesson learned for the young hanbada team, esp minwoo. it's a crossroad for him to choose which way to become a senior lawyer. dont feel that he appreciates attny jung more after working with jang. his goal is to survive and excel to become a senior lawyer.

it's a short scene between youngwoo and junho this ep. it's so heart-broken, the tears in their eyes!  it's so sad for junho to hear the truth about the loneliness he would face from youngwoo. wonder if it's open ending for their relationship! junho has to think about the loneliness he carries in this relationship. even if junho loves youngwoo and is willing to pursue her, but this loneliness is a major concern in youngwoo's heart. will she change her mind to resume the relationship?

it's ok for suyeon to help minwoo to be a better person but really... doesnt need to be romantically involved. am glad at least there's hesitation on minwoo's part. think he does realize that they have different values and principles.  maybe wait til minwoo to be a better person to have any romantic ideas!

my guess tae's son got the order from the firm's IT guy. he even calls ceo bae as hyung so he knows them well. seems like the ceo doesnt respect him well, looks down on him! the IT guy must be very upset at bae to do something like this to damage their partnerhsip, their company.

so in the preview tae's son calls youngwoo noona, he knows he has an older sister???

with tae's son showing up as a hacker, doubt tae could pursue the minister role! so ceo han's scheme might not even happen! truly hope that she has the conscience to drop her plan! like youngwoo's dad says - how can youngwoo keep working at hanbada after the secret birth is revealed? it's not only the birth the mainstream media will focus on, but also her asd, and it's all kind of media! 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, maribella said:

They are really serious about S2. Introducing the son who incidentally is a superduper hacker, I presume, at episode 15 says it all.

The woman must have a genius womb. No matter who fathered her child, they both are genii. The woman in Secret house has two children by different men, they are both bad offspring:grin:. Bad womb.

@backstreetboysfan what is the number 52.40. It is 4-5 times more than the next one.

After milking the S1 popularity with merchandise,webtoon,musicals and more will there be still appetite left for S2?They might just end up saying we tried but it it was difficult to get everyone on board on the given timeframe.After reading so many articles on their plan going fwd my confidence in having a S2 has waned.I might be entirely wrong though.:grin:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

personally think s2 will be a more difficult script to write than s1! not only to cover interesting lawsuits, but mainly the character development of youngwoo. she is 27 in s1 and will be 29 in s2. how much changes - positive and negative - she has developed in about 2-year time period? what direction does pd Yoo and writer Moon are they heading? no expert in asd, but maybe there are some patients in real life show improvements in their social developmental disorder that they can reference to. sure the consulting professors can help PEB developing her character in every aspect of her life, especially love relationship with junho!

@minglanfan2astory should really stop at s2! not sure if all the entertainment products coming with this IP will do this drama any good and if he can really milk it as much as he would like! to me, how confusing it will be to viewers to have the musical perform and s2 air around the same time? and honestly cant imagine how the actress who plays youngwoo in musical sing in youngwoo's unique voice! what if pd Yoo quit working for astory???

even though pd Yoo humbly said didnt expect such worldwide attention from viewers, sure he knows the quality of his works and he promised PEB that youngwoo would be her lifetime character, which means he knows how good this drama would become. the good thing is viewers already learned that sequels usually dont come out well and they dont have high expectation.  but it'll just be a shame for all the actors/actresses when they can take on other projects instead of getting stuck with this project. the drama's title is youngwoo, so PEB has to be in it no matter what unless her contract is only for 1 season. she would do another one for pd Yoo's sake but doubt she would go on like romantic dr. would like to see PEB and KTO work on saeguk where they have more opportunity to showcase their acting and chemistry. 

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Park Eun Bin, Kang Tae Oh, And More Have A Blast Filming “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” On Jeju Island

ENA’s “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” has shared new footage of the cast filming the drama on Jeju Island!

Spoilers

The new behind-the-scenes video begins with Park Eun Bin and Kang Tae Oh rehearsing the scene in which Lee Jun Ho sulkily declares that he’s still upset over Woo Young Woo saying she didn’t know they were dating. Park Eun Bin hilariously attempts to coach Kang Tae Oh on how to pout, ordering him, “Try making a cute face! No, not like that! Pouty! Pouty!” She then suggests that he try eating his bean sprouts one a time to show that he’s still sulking, and Kang Tae Oh exclaims, “Oh, that’s not bad!” When he puts her suggestion into practice, however, the director jokes, “You look like a sulking cow.”

Later, when they get on the plane, Kang Ki Young, Joo Hyun Young, and Lim Sung Jae crack everyone up by struggling to practice their a cappella harmonizing. Park Eun Bin laughs, “Not a single person is singing this right!” and they agree, “It’s because we don’t have a main vocal.”

Once they start filming at the seaside, Kang Tae Oh tells Park Eun Bin, “It’d be amazing if we actually got to see the dolphins while filming.” Luckily, his wish comes true, and the dolphins soon make an appearance—leading everyone to drop what they’re doing and start taking photos.

In an impromptu interview before filming, Park Eun Bin recalls, “[Kang Tae Oh] actually was the first to see them,” and Kang Tae Oh finishes, “But absolutely no one believed me.” Park Eun Bin laughs, “We said, ‘What are you talking about?’…but there were so many of them. I think I saw at least 20 dolphins.”

Kang Tae Oh responds, “They say it’s really rare to see dolphins here,” and Park Eun Bin remarks, “That’s how lucky we were. Thanks to this luck, everyone [including the viewers] got to see these dozens of dolphins. That makes me really happy.”

After asking viewers to show lots of love for “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” up until the very end, the two actors begin rehearsing their characters’ emotional breakup scene. Kang Tae Oh worries to the director that his line “Are you kidding me?” sounds too aggressive, but the director reassures him that the words are an outburst of pain and love.

While the two stars become completely immersed in the heartbreaking scene during filming, the moment the cameras stop rolling, Kang Tae Oh adorably starts taking photos of a beaming Park Eun Bin—even diligently stretching his leg into difficult poses in order to get the angle just right.

Towards the end of the video, Joo Jong Hyuk and Ha Yoon Kyung film their nighttime balcony scene, and the director tells Joo Jong Hyuk, “I think you need to seem very surprised when you say, ‘You really like me?!'” When he then practices saying the line in a shocked tone of voice, Ha Yoon Kyung jokingly complains, “Can you not sound like you hate the idea?”

The clip wraps up with Park Eun Bin playfully rushing over to the making-of camera at the end of a take, then asking the cameraman with a cute laugh, “You were scared, right? I’m sorry.”

Watch the full behind-the-scenes video below!

[이상한변호사우영우 | #메이킹 #고래통신EP7] 눈이 쒸원해지는 제주도 로케현장 보러오세요 돌고래 20마리보고 신난 고래커플부터 인간 귤 그 잡채인 서브아빠 명석까지 - YouTube

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” will air its final episode on August 18 at 9 p.m. KST, after which Jung Il Woo and Girls’ Generation’s Yuri‘s new drama “Good Job” will take over its time slot starting on August 24.

Watch: Park Eun Bin, Kang Tae Oh, And More Have A Blast Filming “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” On Jeju Island | Soompi

• Like 2

New casting news! :).

HamTaeIn will make a special appearance on the last ep of ExtraordinaryAttorneyWoo He will have a special presence in the love front with Woo Young-woo and Lee Junho. In particular, he is expected to stimulate curiosity with his superior physical and gentle yet secret aura.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, maribella said:

@backstreetboysfan what is the number 52.40? It is 4-5 times more than the next one.

Very bad ovary eggs indeed!

Happy Cracking Up GIF by MOODMAN

If they do a season 2 I think it would be more focused on the parental relationship because that's where the juicy bits are, but in my opinion, they really squandered that  opportunity in season 1.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 15! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Maintains Strong Lead Ahead Of Finale Despite Dip In Ratings

ENA’s “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” is heading into its finale on a strong note!

According to Nielsen Korea, the August 17 broadcast of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” garnered an average nationwide rating of 13.779 percent for its second to last episode. This is a 1.0 percent dip in ratings from the previous episode’s score of 14.646 percent, but the drama still maintained an overwhelming lead as well as a viewership rating of 15.506 percent in the Seoul metropolitan area.

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Maintains Strong Lead Ahead Of Finale Despite Dip In Ratings | Soompi

• Like 2